WG Created a disincentive to purchase premium aircraft

bonehead move premium training pilot proficiency monetizing premium aircraft fail

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Bobby_Tables #1 Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:47 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1057 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Here is the scenario:

I was planning to move up the P47 line of aircraft in a quicker fashion.  In order to do this, I was considering purchasing one of WGs little gold packets to do this.  I spent a bunch of "free gold" (if you can call it that from grinding various challenges) on the 302.  So.... I thought about purchasing (with real money) the XP-50 in order to train my pilots.

Previously, I could purchase, say a P47-B, pay 40,000 silver to 75% proficiency, then take that pilot, move him into my XP-50 and get him up to 100% proficiency faster with the accelerated earnings in my premium plane.  Now, with the recent patch, I have absolutely no incentive to spend real money to purchase the XP-50.  Why?  Because if I move my 75% proficient P47-B pilot to my XP-50 he will not gain any proficiency toward the P47-B and that is totally opposite of what happened in the past.

Therefore, I have absolutely no incentive to use real money to purchase the XP-50 to train the pilots in the P-47 line.  Instead, I will do the standard grind.  The net result?  WG does not get my money.  

While many have said that this recent change is a money-grab on WG part, I have to ask again if they really thought this through.  I have never, ever contemplated spending 400 gold to train my pilot to 100% proficiency.  Maybe I am in the minority, but I prefer to do it the hard way by flying.  The premium route was a way to do that, but it incentivized me to get premium planes.  Now, I have less incentive to get premium planes and therefore less incentive to purchase gold.  

Maybe WG has done analytics and discovered that people are more likely to spend gold on training than on premium planes.  Personal opinion:  I doubt that.  I think this was a poorly thought out change that was not well communicated to the community and have to agree that based on prior purchases could be considered a breach of contract.   

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 17 June 2016 - 07:55 AM.

losttwo #2 Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:51 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
:great:

Dave12w #3 Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 52 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

I agree I don't like the change and it's a disincentive 

to get a premium.  However by far most pilot training

is done after the plane is above 100%, and if you

use the daily doubles each day it takes only 5-10

games to get to 100%, so nothing to break egg shells

over

Porkins_Jr #4 Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostDave12w, on 17 June 2016 - 05:27 AM, said:

I agree I don't like the change and it's a disincentive 

to get a premium.  However by far most pilot training

is done after the plane is above 100%, and if you

use the daily doubles each day it takes only 5-10

games to get to 100%, so nothing to break egg shells

over

Yeah its just the getting to 100% part that's been taken away, after that things are normal.

I don't train pilots in premiums, I just use them for the other benefits they give.

Noreaga #5 Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

its the principle guys, its borders on fraud. I bought something that had a monetary value to me and now it is gone and i lost the money. who cares if its a quick grind i paid to make it faster.

If the other games did it this way and then we changed to bring us in line with the other tittles... stupid but ok. The other tittles don't do this, so it is nothing but a money grap and another of a long line of "its working let's fix it"

Nimis obnoxii curare

GiN_nTonic #6 Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:22 PM

Captain

• 63 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Noreaga is 100% correct...and id say it is very underhanded what WG did.

x_WARHOG_x #7 Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:48 PM

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

While I agree it's a little underhanded I never used my prem. planes for that I use them to grind credits but what I do find funny about the new system is it used to be if you took a pilot in a line from say the T5 P 38 who was at a 100% in that plane and you put him in the T6 P 38 and retrained him you used to get to retrain to 90% but now its only 75% so before I could retrain fly about 4 or 5 games and have him back to 100% in a short time but now you have to fly a lot more games to get them back to 100%

Sneaking up on your six.....................

MagusGerhardt #8 Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:09 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 393 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postx_WARHOG_x, on 17 June 2016 - 09:48 AM, said:

While I agree it's a little underhanded I never used my prem. planes for that I use them to grind credits but what I do find funny about the new system is it used to be if you took a pilot in a line from say the T5 P 38 who was at a 100% in that plane and you put him in the T6 P 38 and retrained him you used to get to retrain to 90% but now its only 75% so before I could retrain fly about 4 or 5 games and have him back to 100% in a short time but now you have to fly a lot more games to get them back to 100%

A lot more games flying ONLY the P-38J in your example.  No using premium aircraft to shorten that training time.

ROLL BACK THE CHANGE!  BRING BACK PREMIUM PROFICIENCY TRAINING NOW!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Eric_Von_Hess #9 Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:40 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [EGR] EGR
hehehehe

pyantoryng #10 Posted 18 June 2016 - 06:27 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 881 battles

...selling training instead of premium planes (which worth at least 3-4 trainings apiece) for the purpose of training?

Having more than one daily multipliers and some permanent 100% bonus called accelerated crew training cutting into WoWP's profit, much?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Bobby_Tables #11 Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:28 AM

• 1057 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Just a reminder Ghostprime and WG in general.  I still have yet to purchase any premium aircraft or anything from WG since this change went in.  We are very much overdue for an explanation and I would think some consideration for past purchases.  Better yet, undo this change which was not communicated and really creates a disincentive for me and many others to spend money on the game. 

Noreaga #12 Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBobby_Tables, on 05 July 2016 - 10:28 PM, said:

Just a reminder Ghostprime and WG in general.  I still have yet to purchase any premium aircraft or anything from WG since this change went in.  We are very much overdue for an explanation and I would think some consideration for past purchases.  Better yet, undo this change which was not communicated and really creates a disincentive for me and many others to spend money on the game. 

just thought i would chime in, that this is not something i can let go either.

weary is what i feel, im just tired of it. What the crap is going on someone talk to us.

I continued playing even after they dropped flights to 2, i kept playing when they broke the game and we were swimming instead of flying. i continued to fly when they changed to website and removed clan wars from the future plans, i continued to fly (barely) when it took 6 month to fix the broken mm, i continued to play when the game gets completely changed during even the most minor patch, I continued to play as more things that worked were broken for no reason. 

I Only so many times i can take a "break" before it becomes permanent.

If it wasn't for this community i would have moved on long ago. 

Nimis obnoxii curare

pyantoryng #13 Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:53 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 881 battles

Now with forced back to 75% for not spending gold or plain 50% if not spending money...ugh...could use that more than ever.

Since when did people started shelling out 400 gold to retrain pilots in such a number that it is more profitable than premium plane sales? Is this the price we must pay for being able to reset skills for silver?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

SkyWolf__WM #14 Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:10 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1025 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostGiN_nTonic, on 17 June 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

Noreaga is 100% correct...and id say it is very underhanded what WG did.

I have 2 brain diseases which makes me too Stopooopud to swap crews. I dismissed my IL20 tailgunner with 4 skills. D'oh.

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

Einssniper #15 Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:11 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1419 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Did spending 100k credits train the crew to 90%? Then you just win 1 or 2 and you will have the pilot trained.

hoom #16 Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2131 battles

Year & a half necro...

A lot changed since then.

But interesting that myself & several others I've discussed the retraining thing with absolutely love that 100,000 Silver gets you 90% training with only 10k to 100% regardless of the level of the Pilot & potential to get that in even a single battle.

Its really amazing compared to 50% Silver retraining on WoWS which scales up as Skill Points increase so that a 19pt Captain has 125,000 XP to get back to 100% -> essentially retraining a high Skill Captain requires Gold spend.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

pyantoryng #17 Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:17 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 881 battles

View Posthoom, on 13 January 2018 - 01:08 PM, said:

Year & a half necro...

But interesting that myself & several others I've discussed the retraining thing with absolutely love that 100,000 Silver gets you 90% training with only 10k to 100% regardless of the level of the Pilot & potential to get that in even a single battle.

Its really amazing compared to 50% Silver retraining on WoWS which scales up as Skill Points increase so that a 19pt Captain has 125,000 XP to get back to 100% -> essentially retraining a high Skill Captain requires Gold spend.

Is the 125k figure after silver? This is one aspect I hate about WoWS, it punishes having highly skilled captains...

legoboy0401 #18 Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 317 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 13 January 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

Is the 125k figure after silver? This is one aspect I hate about WoWS, it punishes having highly skilled captains...

World of Warships is gorgeous(the graphics are AMAZING) but as frustrating as Indiana Jones losing the idol to Belloq in the Raiders of The Lost Ark, and as grindy as the meat and vegetable grinders in Mrs. Mcgrady's Chicken Pie Maker in Chicken Run.

Random Thoughts Of The Day:

World of Warplanes? More like World of Bots-that-are-designed-to-fail-so-you-lose-as-often-as-you-win.

Heavy Fighters? More like Obsolete Flying Bricks.

Attack Aircraft? More like Bomber-wannabes.

hoom #19 Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:42 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2131 battles

Yes 125k after 200,000 Silver retraining.

C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas le SerB.

Destroyer_Suzukaze #20 Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:33 AM

• 672 battles

View Posthoom, on 13 January 2018 - 05:08 AM, said:

Year & a half necro...

But, you can burn off that 125k in a premium with no penalty. That would be a nice addition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users