100 replies to this topic

losttwo #61 Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:32 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postdityboycom, on 27 June 2016 - 08:04 AM, said:

Hope you filed an actual ticket.

WG doesn't take care of speeding/parking tickets. What makes you think they would deal with a ticket sent to support.

MagusGerhardt #62 Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:49 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 211 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postdityboycom, on 27 June 2016 - 06:04 AM, said:

Hope you filed an actual ticket.

To what end?  By all appearances this is working as intended, so a ticket would be pointless.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

MagusGerhardt #63 Posted 04 July 2016 - 02:03 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 211 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

So, GhostPrime...still waiting on that word you were going to get us from the chain of command.

Why was this change made, and why is the negative feedback on this retroactive change to previously purchased goods being ignored?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Bear_82 #64 Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:21 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 28 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 03 July 2016 - 07:03 PM, said:

So, GhostPrime...still waiting on that word you were going to get us from the chain of command.

Why was this change made, and why is the negative feedback on this retroactive change to previously purchased goods being ignored?

Did you really expect him to actually follow through on the statement below? I saw it as just something to quiet the masses, until the next blowup

View PostGhostPrime, on 16 June 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

We have a lot more that 500 players, I can assure you of that. World of Warplanes is part of the Trilogy, and is not going anywhere. Development on the game has not stopped.

On that note, I will try and get some clarification on the pilot skills for everyone as to clear some of the questions up. 

dityboycom #65 Posted 05 July 2016 - 05:09 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 27 June 2016 - 09:49 PM, said:

To what end?  By all appearances this is working as intended, so a ticket would be pointless.

I'd explain but I feel as if you know the answer.

Noreaga #66 Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
i know why, now i want to hear them say it. explain the damn changes, since my first days patch week has always been "why on earth did they do that?" maybe an explanation in the same way ships does, when something major is changed. Follow Niko for the last 8 months it is a good example.

Nimis obnoxii curare

SluggerJackson #67 Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 4 battles
I was okay with them changing the pilot skills, but this is the stupidest thing they have done.  I haven't touched the game in weeks, and I'm glad I haven't.  What a waste of time.

Noreaga #68 Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:02 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
yeah its not the worst they have done, but it is a last straw for sure. Still havent re-installed, since the computer crash. i have 30gb of space to play with and that is going to go to steam. days gone i would have had it installing minutes into the first boot up.

Nimis obnoxii curare

MagusGerhardt #69 Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:54 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 211 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSluggerJackson, on 05 July 2016 - 01:56 PM, said:

I was okay with them changing the pilot skills, but this is the stupidest thing they have done.  I haven't touched the game in weeks, and I'm glad I haven't.  What a waste of time.

View PostNoreaga, on 05 July 2016 - 02:02 PM, said:

yeah its not the worst they have done, but it is a last straw for sure. Still havent re-installed, since the computer crash. i have 30gb of space to play with and that is going to go to steam. days gone i would have had it installing minutes into the first boot up.

Great testimonials here on why this was a boneheaded move, Ghostprime.  How many more of your customers have either stopped playing or stopped spending cash without having the unnecessary courtesy of coming here to say so?  Twice as many?  Four times as many?  Ten times as many?  :coin:

I *highly* doubt that the paltry gold you are now bringing in from forcing players to train up their pilots at several hundred gold each is making up for the consternation and anger now being expressed by your dedicated playerbase, as small as it is.  

Personally, I'd love to see the in-house risk/reward reports predicting how the Developers thought we would respond to a change to our previously purchased premium aircraft that would necessitate us to spend *yet more* gold to have an approximation of the previous functionality we enjoyed with your product.

I'm fully aware that the existence of such documents will never be admitted to, let alone shown to us.

But I still expect some word from someone in authority how it was thought that changing our previously purchased goods in such a fundamental way would be accepted by us.  I have nothing but time and I won't let this thread drop from visibility until these changes are rolled back or someone takes responsibility for this.

Bobby_Tables #70 Posted 06 July 2016 - 03:08 AM

• 895 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Good deal Magus, keep it up because they do owe us an explanation. 

Personally, I have been in the market for a premium US plane but no way will I spend real money on this game for a premium aircraft since this underhanded nerf to pilot skill building. 

Noreaga #71 Posted 06 July 2016 - 02:14 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
yup makes me sad. Before the change, I was looking at a few T8 premiums, and now I'm not playing. It should be like ships, each level you go up means a larger retraining xp cost, but you can still use damn premiums. same thing different wrapping but one that doesn't devalue a purchase.

Nimis obnoxii curare

MagusGerhardt #72 Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:57 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 211 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 05 July 2016 - 06:54 PM, said:

Great testimonials here on why this was a boneheaded move, Ghostprime.  How many more of your customers have either stopped playing or stopped spending cash without having the unnecessary courtesy of coming here to say so?  Twice as many?  Four times as many?  Ten times as many?  :coin:

I *highly* doubt that the paltry gold you are now bringing in from forcing players to train up their pilots at several hundred gold each is making up for the consternation and anger now being expressed by your dedicated playerbase, as small as it is.  

Personally, I'd love to see the in-house risk/reward reports predicting how the Developers thought we would respond to a change to our previously purchased premium aircraft that would necessitate us to spend *yet more* gold to have an approximation of the previous functionality we enjoyed with your product.

I'm fully aware that the existence of such documents will never be admitted to, let alone shown to us.

But I still expect some word from someone in authority how it was thought that changing our previously purchased goods in such a fundamental way would be accepted by us.  I have nothing but time and I won't let this thread drop from visibility until these changes are rolled back or someone takes responsibility for this.

Bear_82 #73 Posted 18 July 2016 - 03:57 AM

• 28 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Magus, you don't actually expect a truthful response, do you?

MagusGerhardt #74 Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:38 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 211 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBear_82, on 17 July 2016 - 08:57 PM, said:

Magus, you don't actually expect a truthful response, do you?

I expect that Ghostprime will be as truthful as he is allowed to be.  He's a standup guy and I'm sure doesn't intend to deceive.  I want to hear *something* on this.

Noreaga #75 Posted 18 July 2016 - 01:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
same here, even if it is "yup we did it on purpose" i need to know if this was incompetence or "status quo" weird choices.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Bear_82 #76 Posted 18 July 2016 - 02:20 PM

• 28 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 17 July 2016 - 09:38 PM, said:

I expect that Ghostprime will be as truthful as he is allowed to be.  He's a standup guy and I'm sure doesn't intend to deceive.  I want to hear *something* on this.

now he just ignores the issue

Noreaga #77 Posted 20 July 2016 - 07:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Hi Ghost,

any news, would really like clarification on this?

thanks if i don't hear anything ill post again in 48 hours. 

Best Regards,

Nor.

Nimis obnoxii curare

dityboycom #78 Posted 22 July 2016 - 12:28 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 18 July 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

That's a nice way of saying "No, but I was venting to make myself feel better."

J311yfish #79 Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 207 battles
  • [343] 343

New Crew System: Nuances

^ the information contained there could be worded in a much simpler manner to make both sides of the issue very clear.  A simple PRO/CON list of the new changes would do it.

Related:

New Pilot Skills

New Gunner Skills

Tech tree projects:  JAPAN  /  United Kingdom  /  Sweden  /  Finland (skins/  Italy  /  France  /  Poland  /  China  /  Brazil  /  United States  //  Roadmap

Map proposals:  Panama Canal  /  Great Wall of China  /  Cliffs of Dover  //  Clan:  343 Kokutai  //  Tutorial How to ignore forum posts and signatures

Weapon_of_Proliferation #80 Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1 battle
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

All the arguments against this change I could possibly raise have already been covered. However, I notice there has been no response from the people at WG why they think this change is justified.

The fact is, we spent money on premiums, to support this game, on the understanding that crew training is, and always would be analogous to World of Tanks premium tank operation, or even WoWS premium ship operation.

Now with this change, the utility of premium aircraft has been diminished with no compensation for the support we have offered the company through our cash purchases.

Would WG be fine with it if the real dollars we spent suddenly turned into another currency with a lesser exchange rate, just because reasons? Of course not.

Why are we that support the game with cash purchases treated with such indifference?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users