Return Proficiency Training to Premium Aircraft

Unfair Bait and Switch Bad Design 1.9.5

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

vonnoe #21 Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• 115 battles
I think the biggest problem with all of this is "Premium Planes no longer perform the crew training they we're advertised to do". It's one thing to change stuff thats part of a free game skill system. It's a totally different thing to change the functionality of something that players paid money for. Every players Premium planes, planes they paid for, no longer work as they did when they we're purchased. This is a big deal. How can WG not see the problem with this, people spent money on something that they changed after the fact, and the plane people spent money on no longer does what it was advertised to do, and originally did. This is a huge ethics issue.

RedSpartacus #22 Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

They've always nerfed premium planes.

RUN WITH THE PACK

Jaguardian #23 Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:00 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1 battle

View PostRedSpartacus, on 16 June 2016 - 01:58 PM, said:

They've always nerfed premium planes.

They have never nerfed functionality.

Noreaga #24 Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

lets do what ships does, no X2 exp for elite things but you can still train your pilot with no penalty to your skills. You could even increase the experience to full training from 20k to 40k, but this is just crap.

This is simply a bait and switch, i have effectively lost 25-50%of the value of my premium plane (to me). Not fair or respectful and honestly right on par with this portion of the trilogy.

i payed for crew proficiency training on my premiums first, credit earning second, why does WOWP do things completely differently to the other titles where it is proven to work... 

Nimis obnoxii curare

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #25 Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• 110 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I don't know if WG has a destination in mind for WoWPs,

or if they're just floating around accidental-like on a breeze,

but I, I think maybe it's both.

Maybe both is happening at the same time.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

theponja #26 Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:23 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 71 battles
I totally agree with Magus. That's unacceptable..

Steel_bomber_ #27 Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

It is totally acceptable for me. 

Don't you all get it,  this company has no clue where to go with this game so they keep tampering with economy. It's another money grab. 

Next grab will be.......... 

I have an idea,  if you didn't use your pilot for some time he will lose proficiency? 

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Quesnel #28 Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:29 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 49 battles

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 16 June 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

I have an idea,  if you didn't use your pilot for some time he will lose proficiency? 

I am surprised that hasn't been implemented already.

As for the current situation, they explain the changes here http://worldofwarplanes.com/tutorials/guide/fundamentals/#transfer%20and%20retraining

Transfer and Retraining

Transfer

Every member of the crew is competent to fly one specific aircraft. However any crew member can be transferred to any other aircraft within the same nation.

To transfer a crew member to a new aircraft:

recruit_slot.jpg

1. Right-click the crew member you want to transfer.
  2. Select Send to Barracks in the pop-up window.
  3. Select new aircraft in the Hangar for transferring.
  4. Right-click the vacant crew member slot. 
    If the slot is occupied, send the current crew member to the Barracks or dismiss him to free the slot.
  5. Select the required crew member in the pop-up window.

Right after the transferring, the crew member receives temporary proficiency that affects battle performance. The level of temporary proficiency is set automatically and cannot be changed.

If a crew member has a temporary proficiency, training of the main proficiency is frozen.

The temporary proficiency level and capability of skill usage depend on the new plane and the plane type the crew member is trained for:

Though usage of skills is limited, crew members who were transferred to another aircraft can drop current skills and master new skills if free skill points are available.

If crew members of a premium aircraft achieve 100% of their main proficiency, they earn experience and receive skill points. A Premium aircraft gives 20% more experience per battle to its crew.

Even if crew members of a standard or elite aircraft achieve 100% of their main proficiency, the level of temporary proficiency does not allow them to receive new skill points.

Retraining

retraining_684x.png

Any member of the crew who was transferred to another aircraft can be retrained for the new aircraft.

Retraining a crew member resets their proficiency level for the current aircraft.

To retrain a crew member:

1. Right-click the required crew member in the Crew Panel.
  2. In the open menu, select Personal File.
  3. Click Retrain.
  4. Select a training level for the crew member.
  5. Click Retrain.

After retraining, all skill points and skills of the crew member remain unchanged. Capabilities of the retained crew member depend on the main proficiency level:

Crew Member
Capabilities
Main Proficiency Level
50-74% 75–99% 100%
Using Universal Skills Used in battles with 50% efficiency Used in battles with 75% efficiency Used in battles with 100% efficiency
Using Special Pilot Skills Not available in battles Not available in battles Used in battles with 100% efficiency
Earning Experience and Skill Points Not available until 100% proficiency is achieved Not available until 100% proficiency is achieved Available

Though usage of skills is limited, retained crew members can drop their current skills and master new skills if free skill points are available.

Edited by Quesnel, 16 June 2016 - 10:39 PM.

honorabili #29 Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 270 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Yeah, I trained my 100% 4-5 skills guys from my tier 8 Me 329 for my new Me 1099 tier 9 attack aircraft and they became 75% skilled (not 90% like the old patch). Also since I can't train them on my gold planes (which I have a bunch of them) I am going to have to grind them from 75 to 100% on the Me 1099.

Omega_Weapon #30 Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:14 PM

• 0 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
Have to agree that this change seems stingy and makes little sense. They should allow normal proficiency training AND give 20% bonus for using premium planes. Not just one or the other. The premium planes are mostly inferior to tech tree planes anyways, so they need to at least be better for crew training.

Bear_82 #31 Posted 17 June 2016 - 12:25 AM

• 28 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

after how many days, and threads on these forums, GhostPrime has finally indicated he will seek clarification

View PostGhostPrime, on 16 June 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

. . .

On that note, I will try and get some clarification on the pilot skills for everyone as to clear some of the questions up. 

MagusGerhardt #32 Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:07 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 184 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBear_82, on 16 June 2016 - 05:25 PM, said:

after how many days, and threads on these forums, GhostPrime has finally indicated he will seek clarification

I have no questions.  I have a demand that the functionality of my previously purchased aircraft be returned to them.  This is not a game balance issue.  This is an issue of something I purchased no longer doing what I purchased it for.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

TeamTerrible #33 Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:55 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Posthonorabili, on 16 June 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:

Yeah, I trained my 100% 4-5 skills guys from my tier 8 Me 329 for my new Me 1099 tier 9 attack aircraft and they became 75% skilled (not 90% like the old patch). Also since I can't train them on my gold planes (which I have a bunch of them) I am going to have to grind them from 75 to 100% on the Me 1099.

Just their way of suckering people in to buy their gold

Or go mostly disabled into a tier 9 battle.......

Lou #34 Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostJaguardian, on 16 June 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

Pilot training in a premium plane with accelerated crew training turned on takes half the battles to get the pilot trained to 100% than if you were to do it in the newly purchased plane.  If you have a handful of premium planes and you switch the pilot into them during the daily doubles, I think you just halved it again.  If you look at it from a gaining skill points XP stand point, your pilot is back to earning skill point XP much quicker than if you grind the pilots proficiency in the same plane.

Edit:  I think this is a wonderful reason to have a premium plane.

Well said.  Also, you get the benefit of credits from the premium plane while your grinding the pilot.

I agree Magus, this change NEEDS to be rolled back. A sudden change in the function of the planes causes further reason for the dis-function between my money and WG.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #35 Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:11 AM

First Lieutenant

• 110 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

OK... we need to help WG by making WoWPs make more moola,

My old boss would tell me after I cut lawns behind a pushmower all day...

you want a raise son, make me more green beans, work harder, smarter...

I ponder,

So maybe if we help our Big Boss make more green beans...

we'll get our Premium Status back to our Premium Planes.

So let's start a campaign to help WG sell more Pixel Planes

For Real World Cash!!! Make an Advertisement Page!!!

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

TeamTerrible #36 Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 16 June 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

OK... we need to help WG by making WoWPs make more moola,

My old boss would tell me after I cut lawns behind a pushmower all day...

you want a raise son, make me more green beans, work harder, smarter...

I ponder,

So maybe if we help our Big Boss make more green beans...

we'll get our Premium Status back to our Premium Planes.

So let's start a campaign to help WG sell more Pixel Planes

For Real World Cash!!! Make an Advertisement Page!!!

Good idea, lets have a sale!!

Sell the rights to this game to somebody who wishes it success vs using it as a butthurt expander

MelBrooks #37 Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Excellent demand, and if you're not going to revert, please reduce the cost of all your planes 50% because Magus' explanation is half reason we bought them in the first damn place. And while you're at it, take a good look at your bot skill/ bot proficiency/ player proficiency parameters for the MM. I have had a multitude of wins and losses, thankfully way more wins, where the battle does not last 3 1/2 minutes tops. Faster does not always equate to overall game experience and satisfaction. 

CrayoIaCrayon #38 Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Not to be the devil's advocate here, especially against a clan mate no less but the primary reason I bought and continue to want premiums is for the credit boost.  I never train new pilots in premiums. I put already skilled pilots in them so my premiums have skills and have the best chance of success for credits.  75-100% is a very short grind in higher tiers.  As far as I am concerned, I can come up with  a much longer list of issues to address than just pilot prof in premiums.

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

Porkins_Jr #39 Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:12 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

The bottom line is that WG is trying to make everything standard hence the change with pilot skills to be more like WoT and now this change which someone mentioned is how they do it in WoT with tank crews.

Eventually it's all going to be standardized so don't be surprised when something else in WoWP or WoWS that is different is soon changed to match WoT.

Jaguardian #40 Posted 17 June 2016 - 01:15 PM

• 1 battle

View PostJetway, on 17 June 2016 - 01:04 AM, said:

Not to be the devil's advocate here, especially against a clan mate no less but the primary reason I bought and continue to want premiums is for the credit boost.  I never train new pilots in premiums. I put already skilled pilots in them so my premiums have skills and have the best chance of success for credits.  75-100% is a very short grind in higher tiers.  As far as I am concerned, I can come up with  a much longer list of issues to address than just pilot prof in premiums.

As far as I am concerned, your list should have been addressed before messing with the pilot proficiency in premium planes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users