Time to go FBW in WoWP

equipment_change

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:35 PM

Captain

• 11948 battles

That's it I had it. I have a failing keyboard and now my mouse has worn out both the desktop on my desk and the mouse slide pads. Much less the clickers not responding. Ad I hate that my "N" key is not work all the time properly.

Time to get new equipment. I got some extra dough and I am finally going to get this:

Corsair Gaming K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - RGB Lighting - Cherry MX Brown Switches
Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse, Backlit RGB LED, 12000 DPI, Optical, Black

I am tired playing with weak [Explicated Deleted]. Time to get some that lasts and is not so annoying. I am not saying it will improve the game play, just that as long it functions.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

SkywhaleExpress #2 Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:47 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 17397 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I got the M65 Pro mouse. I love it.

I got a Perixx PX-1800 gaming keyboard for 20 bucks.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

BuffaloTime #3 Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 17706 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
Logitech G910 keyboard. ( I want )

RedDragon M801 mouse. ( I have )

On sale on Amazon.

Edited by BuffaloTime, 14 June 2016 - 06:06 PM.

Mackunaima #4 Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
I would buy a regular KB and mouse and a decent JS to play this game. But if yu want to play another games, well.. stay on KB + Mouse.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Cuesta_Rey #5 Posted 14 June 2016 - 03:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6491 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

All this hardware lives and dies by a certain number of "clicks". It's designed that way, and is just part of maintenance cost to buy new ones when they wear out.

Having said that, I did admire the Corsair offerings when I visited Best Buy last time. Soon. 

Jaguardian #6 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:06 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 19582 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I might be a threat if I used something other than my cheap wired Logitech keyboard and two button mouse with wheel, all of which was bought from Walmart.  Or, it will totally mess me up.

Cuesta_Rey #7 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6491 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

View PostMackunaima, on 14 June 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

I would buy a regular KB and mouse and a decent JS to play this game. But if yu want to play another games, well.. stay on KB + Mouse.

If someone lived close enough to pick it up, I would give them a brand new Joystick as I will never use them. I have 2 new in box just collecting dust.

Bubba_Zanetti #8 Posted 14 June 2016 - 04:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 28062 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postdoublespook, on 14 June 2016 - 10:58 AM, said:

All this hardware lives and dies by a certain number of "clicks". It's designed that way, and is just part of maintenance cost to buy new ones when they wear out.

Having said that, I did admire the Corsair offerings when I visited Best Buy last time. Soon. 

Thats the result of rush to the bottom, Fisher-Price plasticy, commodity technology.  For good or bad, just the way it is.  Meanwhile my 20+ year old IBM PS/2 keyboards sans stupid "Windows" key continue to click just fine...needs a cleaning though.

EspressoForHammy #9 Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:10 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4995 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
I have had one of the original Microsoft gaming keyboards for so long that almost none of the letters are visible, and it's never had ANY issues other than the stupid gel pad breaking off the front, which was fine with me. That's probably about 8 years old...

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Cuesta_Rey #10 Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6491 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 14 June 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

Thats the result of rush to the bottom, Fisher-Price plasticy, commodity technology.  For good or bad, just the way it is.  Meanwhile my 20+ year old IBM PS/2 keyboards sans stupid "Windows" key continue to click just fine...needs a cleaning though.

One of my best buddies told me the biggest change he had ever seen during his lifetime was when he returned home after WW2 ended. Got his old job back in the furniture factory only to learn it had been bought out by a corporation whose only concern was to turn out cheap, mass produced crap. When he left for war, the factory was family owned and produced hand-crafted high quality furniture that would last for generations. Things changed like that just that quick. And it was all over America, not just where he came from.

FlakValleyExpress #11 Posted 14 June 2016 - 07:58 PM

Captain

• 11948 battles

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 14 June 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

Meanwhile my 20+ year old IBM PS/2 keyboards sans stupid "Windows" key continue to click just fine...needs a cleaning though.

You probbaly got a 20 lb. weight in the bottom of the keyboard. Why? Because IBM said a light keyboard does not feel right. I know because I use to work on the old 3270 terminals :teethhappy:

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

Bubba_Zanetti #12 Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 28062 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 14 June 2016 - 02:58 PM, said:

You probbaly got a 20 lb. weight in the bottom of the keyboard. Why? Because IBM said a light keyboard does not feel right. I know because I use to work on the old 3270 terminals :teethhappy:

Both of my parents were IBMers.  So I'm an IBM brat.  Used the selectric typewriter first year of college for keyboarding class.  The PS/2 keyboards are whatever metal IBM used.  Used 3270 micro channel card in a model 50 to access PROFS during my college job placement time in '88-89.

hawkeyededic #13 Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:46 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3021 battles

Good hardware goes a long way, don't really notice either till you have something good and loose it.

I also had a Corsair gaming mouse, worked well for me both for gaming and painting, until one of my kids stood on it while trying to get something off the top of my desk., smashed the mouse wheel down inside jamming both mouse buttons. I'm now using a MSI Interceptor that I got for free when I bought my new graphics card, not as many buttons but still very nice.

I bought a Logitech G710+ keyboard a year ago on Gunlion's (among others) recommendation, and so far it has survived being stepped on by one of my 5 year old twins as well as a couple cans of soda spilled on it, but none of that compares to being run over by a Hetzer.

Edited by hawkeyededic, 14 June 2016 - 09:47 PM.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

FlakValleyExpress #14 Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:25 PM

Captain

• 11948 battles

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 14 June 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

Both of my parents were IBMers.  So I'm an IBM brat.  Used the selectric typewriter first year of college for keyboarding class.  The PS/2 keyboards are whatever metal IBM used.  Used 3270 micro channel card in a model 50 to access PROFS during my college job placement time in '88-89.

Wow, very interesting to hear and good to see someone that knows the IBM culture. I use to work on the card punch pig iron models, such 024, 026, 029, even the 129. I refused to work on the 056 terrorfiers and the 083 Black Widow series sorter. I was lucky to get into the PC boom when it happened. I remember the dress code from then, you can have any color shirt as long as it is white. And God forbid if you wore a Blue tie instead of Black one to work. I now feel so ancient

Porkins_Jr #15 Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:08 PM

Major

• 14402 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 14 June 2016 - 12:56 PM, said:

my 20+ year old IBM PS/2 keyboards sans stupid "Windows" key continue to click just fine...needs a cleaning though.

I have 2 of those. Do you know they are worth $200 now?

http://clickykeyboar...01-white-label/

Caecias #16 Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 7697 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostFlakValleyExpress, on 14 June 2016 - 10:35 AM, said:

That's it I had it. I have a failing keyboard and now my mouse has worn out both the desktop on my desk and the mouse slide pads. Much less the clickers not responding. Ad I hate that my "N" key is not work all the time properly.

Time to get new equipment. I got some extra dough and I am finally going to get this:

Corsair Gaming K95 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - RGB Lighting - Cherry MX Brown Switches
Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse, Backlit RGB LED, 12000 DPI, Optical, Black

I am tired playing with weak [Explicated Deleted]. Time to get some that lasts and is not so annoying. I am not saying it will improve the game play, just that as long it functions.

I recommend Steel Series mice - virtually indestructible. 

Edited by Caecias, 01 August 2016 - 05:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users