Joystick and weapon group question

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Psicko23 #1 Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:32 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18606 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I use the 3d pro joystick. I was wondering if anyone who uses a joystick uses multiple weapon groups? If so, what keys do you bind? 

losttwo #2 Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:50 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I bind my keys to the keyboard number pad for secondary and third weapons groups.

Primary weapon is still the joystick trigger.

SkywhaleExpress #3 Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:05 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 17397 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I actually bind keyboard buttons 1,2 and 3 for the three weapon groups.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

Zapperguy #4 Posted 08 June 2016 - 01:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 33064 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

I leave 'em all on the trigger & hope for the best. Too much going on for me to be looking for keyboard buttons to fire a gun. My left hand is constantly adjusting the throttle and using the lower buttons as necessary. All of my buttons near the hat are already mapped to: Flaps, Rockets, Bombs, Sniper View. The thumb button I use to toggle between targets. I don't see the lower buttons being particularly practical for firing weapons.

I'm sure having them separate is better, if you can do some serious multi-tasking.

Good Luck!

:honoring:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

Pogo68 #5 Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17903 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostPsicko23, on 08 June 2016 - 03:32 AM, said:

I use the 3d pro joystick. I was wondering if anyone who uses a joystick uses multiple weapon groups? If so, what keys do you bind? 

Ch Fighterstick

Trigger for shoot all guns.

4 direction Thumb Hat switch is set to fire either primary, secondary guns or rockets, depending on which direction you push.

Necessary to stop the runaway gunfire whenever the sever throws a lag spike while I have the trigger down.

Also allows me to avoid overheating the cannons.

Debating if I should move the primary trigger to a button on the throttle though.

Edited by Pogo68, 08 June 2016 - 05:03 PM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

RedSpartacus #6 Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17318 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
Hey, that's a good idea. The hat switch forwards is pretty much useless, isn't it ?
  RUN WITH THE PACK

Pogo68 #7 Posted 09 June 2016 - 02:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17903 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostRedSpartacus, on 08 June 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

Hey, that's a good idea. The hat switch forwards is pretty much useless, isn't it ?

I use it to designate the target closest to the nose.

The setup is a modification to the one I use for Falcon 4 and LOMAC.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Psicko23 #8 Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:02 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18606 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I might have to try that. I use my forward hat switch to snap to target. I wish the joystick and game supported dual stage trigger, push it down lightly and bind one trigger group to that, then pull the trigger all the way and fire all weapon groups. 

Pogo68 #9 Posted 10 June 2016 - 01:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17903 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostPsicko23, on 09 June 2016 - 01:02 AM, said:

I might have to try that. I use my forward hat switch to snap to target. I wish the joystick and game supported dual stage trigger, push it down lightly and bind one trigger group to that, then pull the trigger all the way and fire all weapon groups. 

The Saitek X-52 and later has a dual stage trigger I think.

As I recall you can bind it by assigning the individual trigger position to a keyboard command using the joystick management tool that it comes with.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP

Psicko23 #10 Posted 11 June 2016 - 04:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18606 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostPogo68, on 09 June 2016 - 05:42 PM, said:

The Saitek X-52 and later has a dual stage trigger I think.

As I recall you can bind it by assigning the individual trigger position to a keyboard command using the joystick management tool that it comes with.

ooh. I may have to investigate that. I bought the logitech 3d pro just to see if I liked playing with a joystick. 

Pogo68 #11 Posted 11 June 2016 - 06:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17903 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostPsicko23, on 10 June 2016 - 08:43 PM, said:

ooh. I may have to investigate that. I bought the logitech 3d pro just to see if I liked playing with a joystick. 

The Logitech is a good choice to test with.

My first was a cheap 5 dollar Kraft analog joystick this model actually.

I kinda miss it

Edited by Pogo68, 11 June 2016 - 06:32 AM.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users