King of The Hill!!! July 7-10, 2016

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you happy with this format and date/time? (8 members have cast votes)

Are you happy with this format and date/time?

1. Yes. It's been a long time since we had a KOTH. (3 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. No. I will suggest an alternate format and/or date/time. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. People still play this game? (5 votes [62.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

SkywhaleExpress #1 Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:21 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

King of the Hill for 2016-07-07 – 2016-07-10:
SKY RULES

Tier Limits. --- No Teams "YOU FLY ALONE" 1 v 1 

BOTH PLAYERS MUST AGREE ON THE SAME TIER (by the way, this can be discussed in this thread) BUT PLANE SELECTION AND PLANE CUSTOMIZATION/LOADOUT ARE UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL PLAYER. UPGRADES/PILOT SKILLS/CONSUMABLES MAY DIFFER, PER EACH PLAYER's PREFERENCE AND AMOUNT OF PILOT XP.

• Attack Aircraft: Tier ANY

• Fighter: Tier ANY

• Heavy Fighter: ANY

• .Victory Conditions:  ********SPECIAL NOTE - VICTORIES BY DESTRUCTION ONLY..... NO SUPREMACY WINS... YOU MUST DESTROY YOUR OPPONENTS********
    The winner of each round will be determined as the first to 3 victories out of 5 rounds.
    Each battle will last 10 minutes with a 5 min break in between. Battles may be played quicker, if both players agree.
    If 5 games are reached and no one has achieved 3 victories, then the Player with highest number victories is the winner.
    If there is still a tie, then both captains will be responsible for sending screenshots in of all matches and a decision will be reached by the administrator as to a winner using the following order
    - Based on amount of damage dealt.
    If a tie still exists then an Overall Draw will be declared and neither player will move forward.

REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND RULES.
    Registration will begin immediately after this post, and end on 2016-07-01 at 10 PM Central.
    Players will need to submit their name to the registration thread (will be made after this thread) for entry.

The player, if accepted, will receive a PM by 10 pm Central Time 2016-07-03 where to go and register on the official brackets page. The player MUST register before 10 PM CT on 2016-07-05 there as well to complete the registration process. If this second step is not followed, you will NOT play in the tournament. 

Once the player has fully registered, that player is considered ready for seeding. .

A copy of the players registered will be posted in this original post.

Only the First 64 Players will be accepted...... REGISTRATION will close early if 64 players are reached. 

Schedule and rules to create training rooms:

The full schedule will be provided at the close of registration, once the final player count has been determined. Rounds are required to be finished by the round aforementioned times. If agreed upon (please both persons screenshot this conversation) by BOTH PARTIES, the matches may be played before the specified time, but
    NOT AFTER the designated round reporting time.

The Player on top of the schedule bracket will be considered the HOME player and be responsible for creating the training room 15 min prior to required battle time-- with the proper settings: correct map, battle time of 10 minutes, and correct tier settings. The HOME captain is also responsible for informing the opposing captain of the room’s creation and inviting and placing all members from both on the proper sides.

Home player will start match 1 on the left side of the training window and ALTERNATE SIDES between battles.

Once both players are readied up and on correct sides the AWAY captain needs to give the go to the HOME captain to start the battle.

Battles are required to start by the posted times below. Training Rooms are required to be made by the HOME player no later than 15 minutes prior to required battle time.

If the Home player captain has created the room and informed the opponent of the room creation by the proper time and the opposing player is not ready by required battle time then the HOME captain has to take a screenshot of the time he/she informed the opposing captain (chat box) as well as his/her player readied up in the training room.

If the HOME captain has not created a room nor informed the opponent that one is created by the battle mark then opposing captain needs to make an attempt to contact the HOME captain showing a time stamp and needs to take a screen shot showing and submit that to SkywhaleExpress, in order to declare a no show by the HOME player.

• Round 1:  Thursday July 7th at 7:30pm CT 

• Round 2: Thursday July 7th at 9:30pm CT

• Round 3: Friday July 8th at 7:30pm CT

• Round 4: Friday July 8th at 9:30pm CT

• Round 5: Saturday July 9th at 7:30pm CT

• Round 6: Saturday July 9th at 9:30pm CT

• Round 7: Sunday July 10th at 7:30pm  CT This line used for future KOTH tournaments, where the winner of round 6 (FINALS) plays the previous KOTH.

• Note: I know that Bandet was the last KOTH, as sponsored by WGNA. However, I am uncertain if he is ever coming back to the game. For this reason, I am starting this PLAYER DRIVEN EVENT as a potential series, beginning at Series 1. If WGNA decides to step up and bring this back, then by all means we can revert back to how they have it.

•  

• I AM NOT ERASING BANDET’s PRIOR WGNA STATUS AS KOTH. HE STILL HAS THAT TITLE.

Prizes:

The following prizes will be provided 

• First place: $15 USD worth of Wargaming Gold or Doubloons (if you prefer it in WoWS currency.   -- WINNER TAKES ALL UNTIL THE NEXT KING OF THE HILL, AND REMAINS THE KING/QUEEN, AND ONLY HAS TO DEFEND HIS/HER SPOT THE FINAL ROUND OF FUTURE KING OF THE HILLS.

PRIZING DISCLAIMER: It will be up to the player to decide how exactly $15 USD MAXIMUM is going to be spent by the event owner (SkywhaleExpress) on him/her. It is your responsibility to research the best price per gold for your prize.

NOTICE: If the winner does not PM SkywhaleExpress with their desired payout prize (WARGAMING PREMIUM STORE GIFT), by 10PM on the 8th day following the winner’s match, then SkywhaleExpress will choose the “Any Amount of Gold” option of exactly $15.00 USD, NO EXCEPTIONS. So, if there’s an option that has 300+/- gold per dollar, but you didn’t tell SkywhaleExpress, then it is not his fault that you didn’t get the best bang for your buck.

Maps:

There will be one map used during the event. ALL FORUMITES WILL BE ABLE TO VOTE FOR THE CHOSEN MAP ON  THE REGISTRATION PAGE. THE MAP WITH THE MOST VOTES BY 10 PM CT 2016-07-03 WILL BE THE REQUIRED MAP

Reporting Match Wins:

At the end of each battle BOTH of the players are REQUIRED to take a screenshot of the end of battle screen.
    The player that wins overall will be required to upload these pictures and PM them to SkywhaleExpress BEFORE times below or they will not count. 

• 8:30 pm CT for round 1 

• 10 pm CT for round 2

• 8:30 pm CT for round 3

• 10:00 pm CT for round 4

• 8:30 pm CT for round 5

• 10:00 pm CT for round 6

• 8:30 pm CT for round 7

BOTH THE WINNER AND THE LOSER NEED TO SUBMIT A SCREENSHOT.
    All results MUST be reported to SkywhaleExpress per the times listed above.
    Failure to report the battles by either player [on time] at all will cause the match to be declared a draw and both Players will not be moving forward.
    ANY DISPUTES OR QUESTIONS NEED TO BE PMed by the times listed above. Failure to do this or it showing up late may cause the dispute to be denied.

ANY PUBLIC DISPUTES IN THE FORUMS OR WITHIN PUBLIC GAME CHANNELS WILL RESULT IN A DISQUALIFICATION OF THE FIRST POSTER, AND ANY SUBSEQUENT RESPONDENTS. NO EXCEPTIONS. IF YOUHAVE A DISPUTE, PM SkywhaleExpress!!!!

Hello all, I just wanted to let everyone know I am running this tournament, and any RULES and other discussions will need to be civilized. The RULES/etc. can be discussed and/or changed up to end of registration 

Edited by SkywhaleExpress, 08 June 2016 - 11:32 AM.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

SkywhaleExpress #2 Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:23 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Hello all, I just wanted to let everyone know I am running this tournament, and any RULES and other discussions will need to be civilized. The RULES/etc. can be discussed and/or changed up to end of registration.

MIA - pappabear

SkywhaleExpress #3 Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:28 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Another idea I was just thinking of, I just added: BOTH PLAYERS MUST AGREE ON THE TIER (by the way, this can be discussed in this thread) BUT PLANE SELECTION AND PLANE CUSTOMIZATION/LOADOUT ARE UP TO THE INDIVIDUAL PLAYER. UPGRADES/PILOT SKILLS/CONSUMABLES MAY DIFFER, PER EACH PLAYER's PREFERENCE AND AMOUNT OF PILOT XP.

MIA - pappabear

MARS_REVENANT #4 Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:34 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles

:great:

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 21 October 2016 - 02:59 AM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

ViolentAngel #5 Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

Nice.

First question: What happens if the losing player does not take or submit screenshots?

Next question: Are multi-roles included/allowed in the fighter group?

"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake

Psicko23 #6 Posted 08 June 2016 - 11:37 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Nice, too bad I won't be able to play in this as I will be out of town. 

SkywhaleExpress #7 Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:07 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostViolentAngel, on 08 June 2016 - 05:35 AM, said:

Nice.

First question: What happens if the losing player does not take or submit screenshots?

Next question: Are multi-roles included/allowed in the fighter group?

Q1: I didn't think of that. I think that both players should post the screenshot, and the player who does not submit a screenshot is DQ'd?

Q2: Yes, sorry, I copy/pasted the old rules one (before MR was a thing) and then edited all pertinent date/time stuff.

MIA - pappabear

SkywhaleExpress #8 Posted 08 June 2016 - 12:10 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 08 June 2016 - 05:34 AM, said:

Based on past experience, you should add a rule that if a player loses and the battle reports and a tally of the loss is posted in this thread for the purpose of tracking this event, it can not be construed as naming and shaming, and that the player(loser) agrees not to report it as such.

I would like to play.

How could I enforce/impost such a rule upon the WGNA staff, let alone the player(s) whom might report this. This is why these people will be posting screenshot in a PM to me.... not to the thread.

MIA - pappabear

MARS_REVENANT #9 Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:59 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 20 October 2016 - 03:55 AM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

SkywhaleExpress #10 Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:30 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
It is decent info, Marco. I also an going to add that if we don't get a minimum number of players (6? 8? 12?) to participate, that it won't happen.

MIA - pappabear

ViolentAngel #11 Posted 09 June 2016 - 01:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View PostSkywhaleExpress, on 08 June 2016 - 06:07 AM, said:

Q1: I didn't think of that. I think that both players should post the screenshot, and the player who does not submit a screenshot is DQ'd?

Q2: Yes, sorry, I copy/pasted the old rules one (before MR was a thing) and then edited all pertinent date/time stuff.

Here is the trouble spot in the reporting section. I think the information is incomplete based on the rule definitions further up.

Block Quote

• Reporting Match Wins:

At the end of each battle BOTH of the players are REQUIRED to take a screenshot of the end of battle screen. - Okay, no problem but the SS must show damage dealt.
    The player that wins overall will be required to upload these pictures and PM them to SkywhaleExpress AND their opponent BEFORE times below or they will not count.

• In case of a tie, BOTH THE WINNER AND THE LOSER NEED TO SUBMIT all SCREENSHOTs for administrator decision.
    All results MUST be reported to SkywhaleExpress per the times listed above.
    Failure to report the battles by either player [on time] at all will cause the match to be declared a draw and both Players will not be moving forward.

1) I recommend that the overall winner should send the PM to both you and their opponent.

2) WRT screenshots, you may only want them in the case of a dispute or if needed for a tie breaker decision.

Just my suggestions.

BTW, sign me up!  I'd like to see if I can make it past the first round! :P

"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake

ArrowZ_ #12 Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 10 battles

I should probably point out that somewhere in between 1.7-1.9 spotting mechanics for planes got tweaked where a plane at higher altitude would have less visibility range than a plane at lower altitude. In other words the guy below can spot the guy above much easier than the latter. Also it's alot easier to avoid spotting each other the less planes are involved in one map. The bigger the map the harder it is to spot each other. You can imagine how this would create an issue especially for these 1v1 duels on really big maps. People could exploit this & pull a "krupi" for a draw when 10min timer runs out. Which makes me wonder is 10min enough. Not sure how you're going to fix this alex but it sure is an interesting event to engage in.

Edit: nvm read the map section. But then which map would be suitable for playing all tiers? Plateau? Pacific Ocean? Adriatic? Bay? Something to think about.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 12 June 2016 - 02:01 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

SkywhaleExpress #13 Posted 14 June 2016 - 08:05 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
So... I was thinking it would be easier if I pick 3 maps and have a vote off of that. And also, if I require a tier of 6 in the event the two players cannot agree on a tier by 15 minutes before the battle time.

MIA - pappabear

empyreal_recon #14 Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
((( So Far So Good So What )))

empyreal_recon #15 Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Will Death2019, Fllattrack, Dusty, BobozeeBear and the other one be taking part in this King of The Hill Contest?

... i'm taking bets PM me for info.

death2019 #16 Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:31 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 11 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postempyreal_recon, on 24 June 2016 - 04:16 PM, said:

Will Death2019, Fllattrack, Dusty, BobozeeBear and the other one be taking part in this King of The Hill Contest?

... i'm taking bets PM me for info.

If this message was published by WG, I believe I will join :)

empyreal_recon   thank you for your invitation GL

Edited by death2019, 05 July 2016 - 03:32 AM.

empyreal_recon #17 Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:57 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

What is the current listing of combatants?

[Q] why cant we have 2 admins create the rooms one on each team,

they crash at the start of the battle and therefore provide unbiased

replays and screen shots and possible a livestream on twitch.tv

https://www.twitch.t...ld of Warplanes

[R] Register Here: King.of.The.Hill  By SkywhaleExpress

SkywhaleExpress #18 Posted 05 July 2016 - 09:40 PM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I would be all for two admins lawn darting and i can obviously livestream. Problem is, not many people signed up. Maybe I am not good at promoting, maybe everyone in the game but me has gold... maybe there just isn't enough people playing... dunno.

I can change the dates to open ended a rediscuss when more interest is had.

MIA - pappabear

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users