• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #21 Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:13 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7435 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostQuesnel, on 04 June 2016 - 09:07 AM, said:

Yeah, looks like it could fun, just out of the good old days.

Yeah; I'm going to put other projects on hold when this mission begins.

I'll be able to easily stomache grinding out this event; I'm having more fun playing over the last two days than any time I can recall in recent memory.

Well, with the exception of Clantastrophy battles, of course.  But those matches had nothing in common with the public queue, so it's a different animal.

1.9.6 definitely an overall good patch for the shakeup it's given the meta and for shattering Conventional Wisdom regarding Crew Skills.

Bravissimo!  :B

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Claudio67 #22 Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:16 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15159 battles

In the Me-329 were you recording with the Game Bar or Shadowplay? If it's the latter, did you record "live" (Alt+F9 by default) or the delayed option (Alt+F10 by default)? I guess the video stopping around 4:30 while you were shooting the 1070 and getting on again after the other 1070 took you is what actually happened. 

I use Shadowplay (never tried the MS Game Bar) with the delayed option, it tends to clog the hard drive slowing down everything (my PC it's an ancient artifact) but the battle already ended, so... who cares? I've "tweaked" the settings to make the video at 30fps with 30Mbps bandwidth, it gives smaller files faster with good quality at 1920x1080

About Mustangs, I had a discount ticket on the War Cache when the big prize was the XP-58, by then I had certain amount of gold and took the British Mustang Mk.I 50% off. It's a nice airplane, a bit short on gun dept. (4 x 7,7 mm + 4 x 13,2 mm or 4 x 0.303 + 4 x 0.50 for inch people). This IA comes with 4 x 20 mm at expense of a bit less maneuvrability, but it may worth doing the missions if they aren't a burnout as some previous did (I never tried to accomplish all the XP-58 missions nor the Chinese JL37 something, burned every single token in the roulette).

-- Edit:

Magus and you posted while I was slowly typing...  I didn't remember Mustangs with cannons.

Edited by Claudio67, 04 June 2016 - 04:28 PM.

Quesnel #23 Posted 04 June 2016 - 04:29 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12754 battles

View PostClaudio67, on 04 June 2016 - 04:16 PM, said:

In the Me-329 were you recording with the Game Bar or Shadowplay? If it's the latter, did you record "live" (Alt+F9 by default) or the delayed option (Alt+F10 by default)? I guess the video stopping around 4:30 while you were shooting the 1070 and getting on again after the other 1070 took you is what actually happened. 

I use Shadowplay (never tried the MS Game Bar) with the delayed option, it tends to clog the hard drive slowing down everything (my PC it's an ancient artifact) but the battle already ended, so... who cares? I've "tweaked" the settings to make the video at 30fps with 30Mbps bandwidth, it gives smaller files faster with good quality at 1920x1080

I was using Windows Game Bar....

....which doesn't offer up any real custom settings. However, it has done reasonably well with recording some of the other games I have been playing recently. Perhaps, I should work on and through ShadowPlay some more, see if I can make it fit my requirements.

View PostClaudio67, on 04 June 2016 - 04:16 PM, said:

About Mustangs, I had a discount ticket on the War Cache when the big prize was the XP-58, by then I had certain amount of gold and took the British Mustang Mk.I 50% off. It's a nice airplane, a bit short on gun dept. (4 x 7,7 mm + 4 x 13,2 mm or 4 x 0.303 + 4 x 0.50 for inch people). This IA comes with 4 x 20 mm at expense of a bit less maneuvrability, but it may worth doing the missions if they aren't a burnout as some previous did (I never tried to accomplish all the XP-58 missions nor the Chinese JL37 something, burned every single token in the roulette).

Yeah, I am trying to forget the results from wasting my time on that event (I might be still bitter, hard to say for sure....).

Quesnel #24 Posted 05 June 2016 - 01:03 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12754 battles

If there is one thing that make the World of Warplanes a standout community among other online games, it's this; be it for the good or the bad, people get noticed. The playerbase around here is small enough to give that family feeling, from a favorite nephew that everybody seems to love, to the crazy uncle that needs to be locked up and heavily medicated. Despite being away recently and taking part in other projects, every time I jump into the action, either ingame or on the forums, I feel like I have come home, again. Thanks!

A little something I am experimenting with, more on this, later.

Quesnel #25 Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:59 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12754 battles

In case you are wondering, yeah, that's me....the old me.

The year was 1986 and a movie which would become a pop culture influence to this day, opened in theaters. It was called Top Gun. Like many from that time, I got caught up in the movie, with all the action, dialogue and visions that I too, could become a pilot. No, a Naval Aviator!

Well, it turns out that Royal Canadian Naval Air Branch was disbanded in 1975, so I would have to settle for the Royal Canadian Airforce, which was known as Air Command back then. To be perfectly honest, I would become a Royal Canadian Air Cadet, a youth program for 12 to 18 year olds, tailored after one of the three elements of service in the Canadian Forces, but with no obligation to join as an adult.

For my first disappointment, I learned that Canada didn't have Grumman F-14 Tomcats, but we did have something called the CF-18 Hornet, built by McDonnell Douglas. The next wake up call was the classroom stuff I would have to take part in, literally extra school, after school. Ugh! There was more, like shining one's shoes to a mirror, a pressed uniform with crisp, clean creases, drill, drill, drill, with more drill, followed by drill and ending with....drill. All I wanted to do was learn to be a fighter pilot!

Despite the perception of all the unnecessary tasks and actions, I pushed through it, excelled and found myself wanting more. I read, a lot, of whatever I could get my hands on, concerning the Canadian Airforce, it's history and then current role on the world stage. I practiced my drill till I was doing it in my sleep. I denied no task thrown at me.

Then, it partially paid off. A group of visiting officers from an active unit has stopped by for a surprise visit. For giggles, we were run through a mock physical, to give us all an idea of what to expect, should we join up for real when we got older. Well, that's when a bombshell got dropped on me. Turns out my eyesight wasn't quite up to muster to be a pilot, but I was assured that I could still have a long and promising future as a member of the ground crew, if I got some corrective lenses.

Yeah, in real life, I would join the Canadian Army many years later.

So, after reading through that, you must be wondering what does this have to do with World of Warplanes? Everybody comes to this game for a reason. Some, it's another way to earn free experience or take part in a Gold event, to be used in World of Tanks. Others see this as a free way to blow off steam after whatever kind of day they had. A few see this as a virtual extension of their competitive nature. A select section come here for the social interaction on both the forums and ingame.

Me? I am still that young man who wanted to fly and finally got to.

Edited by Quesnel, 06 June 2016 - 06:05 AM.

MagusGerhardt #26 Posted 07 June 2016 - 06:28 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7435 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

+1, it takes guts to put that much of yourself out there.  I identify with your tale; I myself had aspirations to fly, but the truth regarding my eyesight after I began wearing glasses was made known to me long before I got anywhere near the age to have any kind of connection with the military.  I went on to join up later, knowing I wouldn't end up flying anything.

The new rig finally showed up tonight, so I've been working on getting my personal stuff archived and transferred all evening.

So ready to dive into the Warplanes and Warships events this month.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Quesnel #27 Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:12 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12754 battles

Yeah, yeah, I know. Despite the price and the almost convincing argument with myself not to do it, I went and did it anyways....

....and this thing is amazing! The Kostikov 302 has to be one of my better purchases, up there with the 109 TL and the J4M Senden (I earned the Meteor, so it only gets an honorable mention here). I had a look at my real life work schedule and will come up very short for the Mustang IA mission, so I decided to spend a little on an alternative, which better suits my future plans. About this aircraft, since others have given a much better in-depth assessment and review, I won't bother trying to come up with new ways to say the same thing they did. Instead, I will just show you my first battle out with it....

The playstyle is a dead giveaway to who was flying that aircraft.

So, about this picture. Over this last weekend, I started my session as usual, jumping into a GA and just letting the chips fall where they may. However, I wasn't experiencing any of the fun I knew I had with them in the past. It wasn't that I was doing terrible or anything like that, it just wasn't giving me a thrill like before. The total lack of fun in them left me stumped. However, something guided my next choice of aircraft to be my British tier IX P.228 Heavy Fighter. Here is what happened....

Wow, huh? Next I loaded up and took off in my Meteor, followed by my Me 262 and rounding things off with the Me 109TL. Then, I repeated the cycle in random order, binge playing these four aircraft over and over. I picked up a few wins, a few defeats and one of those nasty draw things. Most importantly, there was the fun I was so looking for. The power, the speed and the firepower that comes from jet aircraft in the higher tiers. Something I have denied myself for so long, but not any more.

So, another plan in a long line of plans, I have decided on my current course of action. Prepare to be seeing a lot more of me in the upper tiers, in jets, screaming through the skies (some of it might come from the engines, some of it might be coming from me)!

Psicko23 #28 Posted 07 June 2016 - 08:12 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18508 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I too wanted to be a fighter pilot. Im in my mid 30's and still have great eyesight. My downfall was not being studious enough and my grades lacked in school. 

Quesnel #29 Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:57 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12754 battles

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 07 June 2016 - 06:28 AM, said:

+1, it takes guts to put that much of yourself out there.  I identify with your tale; I myself had aspirations to fly, but the truth regarding my eyesight after I began wearing glasses was made known to me long before I got anywhere near the age to have any kind of connection with the military.  I went on to join up later, knowing I wouldn't end up flying anything.

View PostPsicko23, on 07 June 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

I too wanted to be a fighter pilot. Im in my mid 30's and still have great eyesight. My downfall was not being studious enough and my grades lacked in school. 

20150406_125337.jpg

Just last year, the family and I went on a vacation to Vancouver Island and one of the things I wanted to do was take a tour of the many museums located there. The British Columbia Aviation Museum is located on the grounds of the Victoria International Airport, at 1910 Norseman Road. I found out this place the last time I came to the island, the previous year, but the opportunity to go then just didn't happen. We spent an entire day there and despite coming up on closing time, there were a few more aircraft I just had to look at before we were kicked out. Firstly, I had to get up close and personal with the only jet in the entire collection. I had a model of this when I was a whole lot younger, never did finish it though....

20150406_124737%280%29.jpg

The Canadair CT-133 Silver Star was a license built variant of the Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star, a two seat jet trainer which started out from the original P-80/F-80. In turn the Lockheed P-94 Starfire would later evolve from the T-33 and appear in World of Warplanes as a tier IX Multi-role Fighter for the American tree.

20150406_124832.jpg

It was hard to get a good shot of this aircraft, due in part to it's location inside the museum and the other planes around it. However, I was able to not only snap a picture of inside the cockpit....

20150406_124918.jpg

....which didn't turn out nearly as good as I had hoped, but I also got one of those once in a lifetime opportunities to do this....

20150406_125153.jpg

Although you can't really tell from this image, the cockpit was a real tight fit. Up front, all of the controls were in spots that didn't promote comfort. For me, once I sat in the seat, that was it, no real moving around after the straps went on and the canopy was closed.

Yeah, I might never get the opportunity to fly a jet, let alone in a combat situation, but for a brief moment and without the aid of a video game, enough of my dream came true to be scratched off my bucket list.

Porkins_Jr #30 Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:30 PM

Major

• 14402 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Awesome!

TeamTerrible #31 Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 44202 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Great stuff here, if only more of our players used these forums to display such content

My height (6'8) takes away so many things in life and this just so happened to be a childhood desire.

I'd guess my best military purpose would of been 0 need for a stick to place a helmet on to see if the enemy was still outside of the trench

Quesnel #32 Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:17 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12754 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 07 June 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

Great stuff here, if only more of our players used these forums to display such content

I can respect the fact that some wish to remain anonymous, or project themselves through an internet persona. Privacy is a very valuable and precious right that some are trying strip away from others in the real world, no matter what country you live in, or however justified to meet some ends that are never fully disclosed. Okay, going political here....

Behind every player in Planes is a person, a real person who has a life outside the game. When we play, all we see are the planes they fly and words typed out on the screen. For me, I don't want that human disconnect that can come too easily while playing.

My height (6'8) takes away so many things in life and this just so happened to be a childhood desire.

Yeah, there is always something holding us back from reaching a goal, or fulfilling a dream. Sadly, it seems to be ourselves most of the time, be it emotional, physical, mental, etc. Sometimes, this can be overcome through hard work, perseverance, education and/or even accommodation. Other times, it just is what it is and nothing can be done to change it. Many things in life I will never experience, so my list of alternatives has a lot more lines through the completed tasks.

I'd guess my best military purpose would of been 0 need for a stick to place a helmet on to see if the enemy was still outside of the trench

Na, you are already covered there. 

Edited by Quesnel, 07 June 2016 - 04:27 PM.

Claudio67 #33 Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15159 battles

So, you got the 302 and still want a Mustang? Some time ago, in other game I had them both...

Spoiler

Quesnel #34 Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:25 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12754 battles

View PostClaudio67, on 07 June 2016 - 07:06 PM, said:

So, you got the 302 and still want a Mustang? Some time ago, in other game I had them both...

Spoiler

Good one Claudio, very good. As for the Mustang IA in World of Warplanes, no, I think I might have passed on it, even if I had the time to complete the missions. My jet passions have reignited my return to the game and I want to keep that momentum up. Plus, a few memories are helping that along too....

20150405_125237.jpg

To some, it might be hard to tell what my wife saw on our vacation, as we drove through Sidney, British Colombia. However, once she described that object in question, I knew exactly what it was. Trying to contain my childlike excitement, I asked her to circle the block, so we could check it out more closely. She coyly agreed. Around we went and when the last corner was turned, one of my childhood dreams became a reality....

20150405_122938.jpg

....and I came face to face with stuff of legends. As a child, I was always fascinated by this plane, among a few others. This fascination was introduced to me by a fair sized group of veterans, who would tell exciting sorties and acting out the actions by flying their hands. How many of them actually flew the Sabre itself, I couldn't say, but they had me convinced they were in the thick of the action over MiG Alley. Back in more modern times, I quickly, but safely, stepped out of the just parked rental car and ran across the road. My nerves were shaky, but I had to capture this moment, for as long as time would allow....

20150405_123012.jpg

20150405_123106.jpg

I would offer up just what this particular aircraft is, but instead, I will let the dedication plaque speak for itself....

20150405_122834.jpg

I stopped after reading the plaque and bowed my head. With my mind's voice, I thanked all of those Canadair employees who built this and all of her sister aircraft, silently paid my respects for those who flew and serviced these planes, but most importantly of all, my admiration to those who made the effort to save and preserve this one example I was laying my eyes on. My thoughts also drifted to the old guys who told me the stories of this aircraft. That group got smaller and smaller every year, until I was the only one left to remember them. Although this particular Sabre missed out in active service during the Korean War, around sixty Mk II's would, all of them painted in American livery.

The brief story behind the Canadian Sabre is this; it was a license built North American F-86 with Canadian modifications, known as the CL-13. Six variants or Marks were produced from 1950 through 1958, totaling over 1800 built. Canadian Sabres would serve during the Korean War, flying in USAF livery and designated as F-86E-6-CAN. With a long service life in overseas service, the last CL-13 was retired from active duty in 1980, with the Pakistan Air Force. For more reading, check this dormant site out http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_fighters/p86_22.html

In World of Warplanes, the Canadair CL-13 isn't in the current version of the game, but the North American F-86 Sabre is, as a top tiered American Fighter. However, through the use of imagination or a custom skin creation, that little detail can be changed to suit the player.

20150405_122753.jpg

After what felt like the briefest of time, we left the plane and continued on with our day's activities. I convinced my wife to return, later that night, so I could capture some very surreal beauty shots, returning this reality back to my dreams....

20150405_215941.jpg

20150405_220028.jpg

As for the other type of Mustang, Claudio....

Spoiler

Edited by Quesnel, 07 June 2016 - 07:48 PM.

Quesnel #35 Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:10 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12754 battles

I have long struggled with the Yak line and the Yak-19 is no different than the aircraft that preceded it. I have had this plane for a long time and for good reason, it served as a reminder that I wasn't ready for the higher tiered action of many patches ago, when the game was more populated with real people, as opposed to the artificial foes we have now. Even with the arrival of the new skill system, flying this particular plane remains a challenge for me. But, I have decided to try my best at learning this aircraft, wanting to get better with it and fight off the discouragement that drove me away from it in the first place.

I still have a long way to go and one of the most recent battles in it illustrates my point. However, I felt like I was letting somebody else down in the process....

It's not often I get a message when I am in the hangar. Sometimes, it comes from one of those names I have collected on my friends list, exchanging a little small talk or venting after a frustrating battle. Other times, it's a player from the previous sortie who has to rage on me, holding me personally responsible for the entire negative outcome or we traded too much ram damage and I was the only one at fault.

So, imagine my surprise when I get a line from Neblin, a name I have seen on these very forums and ingame, giving me reassuring words about not beating myself up over the battle we just shared. Although the conversation was brief, it's nice to get some kind words, despite feeling like I dropped the ball so badly.

In case you are curious, here is that battle....

Quesnel #36 Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:01 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12754 battles

As I continue to get reacquainted with World of Warplanes, along with spending a lot more time in the high tiers, I thought I would share some of my findings. Now, it's not going to be very in-depth or scientific, more of a causal glance and comments. Plus, there are so many other variables that would differentiate the conclusions reached by others in the playerbase, so this will be presented from my perspective and experiences.

I have focused my playing attention on tiers VII through IX, the realm of where most of the more experienced and competitive players hang out. Or, at least that's the way I remembered it, from before. Nevertheless, even with a somewhat stabilized population, I have been given indicators that most players are not flying the skies in upper tiers. However, wait times for a battle at this other end of the spectrum seem to be reasonable, I have been averaging about a 1:10 to 1:45 minutes.

Even with a fully human populated match, there will never be a perfect balance between the teams. There will always be some kind of variance and MatchMaker, along with the bots, appears to be mimicking this realistically. Not quite a full on 15 vs 15, but beats the 3 vs 3 from days that are easily remembered, by some.

Ah, the defeat screen, my old friend. As much as I want to go out of my way and throw around excuses to why this has become a mainstay in my sessions, I won't lie. This is a result of not playing my aircraft correctly and to their full potential. Enemy teams will have rightly earned their victory screen by doing everything in the complete opposite, with skill, proficiency and the always denied luck, to pull off their win.

However, win, lose or that one nasty draw so far, I am having something that was seriously lacking when I left the last time; fun.  

Claudio67 #37 Posted 08 June 2016 - 05:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15159 battles

View PostQuesnel, on 08 June 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

However, win, lose or that one nasty draw so far, I am having something that was seriously lacking when I left the last time; fun.  

And that's it. I had some tier VIII in the 3v3 or even 1v1 ages, hardly going to advance in those times. Now I have some new toys to keep my stats in the basement! 

Spoiler

Noreaga #38 Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Q great to have these thread back !

Nimis obnoxii curare

Quesnel #39 Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:50 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12754 battles

View PostClaudio67, on 08 June 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

And that's it. I had some tier VIII in the 3v3 or even 1v1 ages, hardly going to advance in those times. Now I have some new toys to keep my stats in the basement! 

But sometimes I keep playing these planes, partly because of stuborness and because they are a bucket of adrenaline, compared to tier V or VI

I can relate to that, Claudio. Since my return, my tier IX Yak-19 has seen more airtime this last week than the previous six months of steady play from before. This time around, it has been a "favorite frustration". I am having a blast playing this plane, despite not always getting that favorable outcome I want. However, it's the whole "play for fun" phrase that upsets those who have seen those words used as an excuse from certain players who don't want to learn or improve, over and over.

I can relate to those people too, there isn't a better feeling in the world then putting all that time, effort and energy into a match and pulling out a victory. It's a positive, productive result. However, since some players feel they have a personal investment in the game, such as time put into training up crews, outfitting aircraft and countless hours of training/flight time, the crush of a defeat is just too much for them to handle. I have seen both ingame and on the forums how some handle this, or, rather not handle it.

I freely admit here, I have been tempted to throw heavy objects against the walls, costing me my damage deposit and a possible visit from the police. It can be hard not to get caught up in the moment, especially triggered by a negative outcome from playing a game. Part of the human condition, I suppose....

Okay, where was I here? Oh yes, my "favorite frustration". I spent the better part of my session today just trying to secure a victory with my Yak-19. Despite the low number of human players in the upper tiers, the bots were not giving me an easy time. This video serves two purposes; one, I finally got a match with all the favorable conditions in play and two, to demonstrate my technique for taking down GA's with a weak gunned and highly frail Soviet Fighter.

View PostNoreaga, on 08 June 2016 - 06:08 PM, said:

Q great to have these thread back !

Thanks Nor, glad you stopped by and gave it a read!

Quesnel #40 Posted 09 June 2016 - 04:16 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12754 battles

Sorry about the resolution, hard to find an original picture showing all three aircraft from the same era, especially these ones.

For my real life bucketlist, there are two more aircraft I want to experience first hand, before the opportunity to do so is gone. One of them, fits into the timeline for World of Warplanes almost perfectly. The top plane in the picture is a Canadair CT-133 Silver Star, which I had the pleasure to take a pile of pictures of and got to sit behind the stick. The plane on the bottom is a Canadair CL-13, another photoshoot session, but never had the chance to see nor experience the cockpit.

The plane in the middle is the Avro CF-100 Canuck. In 1946, the Royal Canadian Air Force put out a specification for a new long range, two seat, all-weather jet interceptor, to fulfill Canada's sovereignty, NORAD, and NATO commitments. Avro Canada's answer was the XC-100, which over the course of four years of testing and development, would fly as the CF-100 Mk I in January, 1950. Between 1950 and 1958, 692 CF-100s were produced over five marks, equipping nine interceptor squadrons in Canada, with another four in Europe. Belgium was the only other nation to fly the CF-100, purchasing 53 Mk V's for three squadrons, serving from 1957 to 1964.

By 1962, the McDonnell CF-101 Voodoo was selected to replace the Canuck in the RCAF and slowly take strength in existing squadrons. However, the CF-100 would continue to fly to December 1981, with some airframes acquiring over 20,000 hours of flight time. At least 27 aircraft are known to have survived to this day, either as museum displays or gate guardians at bases/airports.

General Specifications:

• Crew: Pilot and navigator
  • Length: 16.5 m (54 ft 2 in)
  • Wingspan: 17.4 m (57 ft 2 in)
  • Height: 4.4 m (14 ft 6 in)
  • Empty weight: 10,500 kg (23,100 lb)
  • Loaded weight: 15,170 kg (33,450 lb)
  • Engines: Twin 32.5 kN (7,300 lbf) Avro Canada Orenda 11 turbojets
  • Maximum speed: 888 km/h (552 mph)
  • Range: 3,200km (2,000mi)
  • Service ceiling: 13,700 m (45,000 ft)
  • Rate of climb: 44.5 m/s (8,750 ft/min)
  • 8 x 0.50 caliber heavy machine guns in ventral gunpack

In World of Warplanes, only two of these aircraft are available, or at least a close enough model/variant.

The Canadair CT-133 Silver Star would be replaced with the Lockheed F-94D Starfire in the American tree at tier IX.

The Canadair CL-13 becomes the tier X North American F-86A Sabre.

No word if the CF-100 Canuck will ever come to the game.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users