• Please log in to reply
376 replies to this topic

Quesnel #121 Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:59 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostRedSpartacus, on 22 July 2016 - 02:33 PM, said:

2x or 3x bonus for Birthday planes is nice but have you ever flown the same plane 10 times in a row and winning all of them ?

No, that would require a miracle of epic proportions for that to happen to me.

View PostRedSpartacus, on 22 July 2016 - 02:33 PM, said:

I don't see much advantage compared to fly them once a day and using the daily multiplier instead.

It might be attractive to those who have few planes only or it coincides a plane you're grinding.

I've never used it.

The Birthday bonus just happens to coincide with my decision to grind through the Me 329. The way I look at things, every little cumulative bit helps.

The 2 win and 3 defeat pattern continues with today's series. A few battles were noting more that a quick wait for the defeat, with my team being turned into confetti just shy of the two minute mark. Others, were well fought, but still delivered that inevitable result. Then, there was the very first sortie of the day, where it could have gone all wrong....

Quesnel #122 Posted 25 July 2016 - 05:47 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

It would seem I have a nemesis aircraft at the upper tiers and it's the IL-10M. This premium tier VIII Chinese Attack Aircraft is more than just a variant of the Soviet IL-10, it is a serious upgrade beyond what the numbers would have me believe. I can confirm this by the number of times I have been shot down by real people flying this aircraft. Now, put two of these aircraft together in a Flight with very skilled and experienced players, nearly unstoppable, if they don't make any mistakes.

In fact, today's session was an effort in futility. The first battle was a good win and the rest were nothing more than a wait for the defeat screen. The reason? Well, a certain and familiar Flight of those two aircraft controlled a good portion of the remainder of battles I flew. They exercised teamwork and covered each other in very close proximity, never straying too far to bring their guns to bare on any opposing force that would interfere with their plans.

Sadly, my thin skinned German Me 329 couldn't make much of an impact on the outcomes of these sorties, despite my best efforts.

EspressoForHammy #123 Posted 26 July 2016 - 05:23 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
They hang out in tier 8 flying those things almost every night. Until good players come along in heavy fighter flights and wreck them, and then they move up to tier 9.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Quesnel #124 Posted 28 July 2016 - 12:18 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

It would seem I picked the wrong time to fly German GA's? Unlike my adventures in the recent Super Corsair series, where I felt like I was able to influence the outcome of the battles, flying the tier VIII Me 329 creates the sense of being nothing more than a weak support character in a remade Greek tragedy. Despite my best efforts and applying everything I knew from before and adjusting this to modern gaming times, I am coming up very short on the success I had been hoping for.

Granted, the German Attack Aircraft do suffer from some serious deficiencies, such as armor and reliable, accurate firepower (those 30mm canons, great for ground targets, but like pitching slow meteors at enemy aircraft) but, I am still waiting on the other attributes to kick in to make up for those. Perhaps, with the skill reset and relaunch from one of the recent updates is what is throwing me off. I know the crew I had before was defiantly better than the doppelgangers I am flying with now.

However, I still make a few appearances on the winning team....

....just not as often as I would like to be.

Another 2 win, 3 defeat wash, rise and repeat scenario.

Edited by Quesnel, 28 July 2016 - 12:18 AM.

Quesnel #125 Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:30 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

If there is one thing that is always consistent with playing online games, it's the inconsistency factor. In every game I play, there is always one absolute common denominator, me. From there, everything is up in the air on what happens next. How so? Well, it comes down to choice.

Take World of Warplanes for example. The one constant for the next while is me, and the plane of choice, the Me 329, including it's armament loadout and crew. Those are things I can control, period. Now, let's throw in the things that are beyond that grasp, such as teams I am on (I could alter the dynamic of this by being Flighted), teams I will face off against (both encompass humans (in Flights), bots and the planes selected), maps and the choices that are made during those battles (I control my own decisions which could have a minor to major impact on the outcome of a given encounter, I though I would slip that in there). Even the time of day I will play will vary, so I can't lock down a constant in that.

So imagine my surprise, after today's session, of the final performance tally. 4 wins and a single defeat? After taking a few moments to review these results, I figured out a few of the mitigating factors that came into play, tilting it all into my favor. I won't go into any great details, since it might give off the impression of wearing a tin foil hat, but I will say that a few suspicions have been addressed for me.

Here is an example of what I was just talking about. During this battle, I changed my mind on targets I was engaging and put Chaos in the cockpit....

MagusGerhardt #126 Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:00 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 870 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

That was a good battle.  Nice work securing the 1070 kill with an aerial tackle.  

How goes your pursuit of the SPAD?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Quesnel #127 Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:33 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 05 August 2016 - 06:00 AM, said:

How goes your pursuit of the SPAD?

Not good, I am only now getting a chance to play after a busy week in real life. Oh well....

This session was a very interesting experience. Not only was it another first series after the latest update, but I think I have seen some minor changes to the behavior in the bots on both teams. I can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is, however, things feel a little different. Plus, I am up by 3 wins vs 2 defeats, always a nice touch to end the day.

By far, the best battle was the last one. Not to give away the ending of this encounter, but two player controlled GA's fight to survive under very similar conditions I have experienced before....

MagusGerhardt #128 Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:42 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 870 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

If you end the day on 3 wins I fear you'll miss the SPAD, Q.

That mission requires 18 wins and ends very very soon.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Quesnel #129 Posted 17 September 2016 - 10:02 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

I suppose it's time to "officially" to move on, although I already have.

I have read many farewell posts before and contemplated doing one of my own for a long time now, just what I would say and how I would word it always escaped me.

Perhaps, the honest approach will work the best.

Anyone who has watched or even followed my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR85CAImXPqzSMR78SRESxQ has noticed I have made the transition back to the genre of gaming before seeing this commercial, from so many years ago now....

I left Need for Speed World and came over to World of Tanks, then Planes and finally to Ships. On the side, I branched out into the realms of Gaijin and Obsidian, continuing my journey through the War genre. It's been almost six long years or fighting against real people (by proxy) and artificial enemies and just like my real life Army career (which has gone one even longer), it's time to lay down my arms and stand down.

My gaming life and real life are both experiencing a shift, the ghosts of my past. In the gaming world, I have gone back to racing cars on both track and an open world environment. Soon, this will transcend into some a lot more real, a dream I have had for as long as I can remember....

I am reconnecting with long, lost family, some I haven't seen in over 25 years and reunions like that are very time and emotionally consuming. When I did find the spare time to play games, the War genre just wasn't doing it for me anymore. Tanks and Ships were the first on the chopping blocks, the offerings from Gaijin and Obsidian were next, finally Planes just stalled in the hangar and I walked away.

I have done this many times in the past, but with Planes, I always came back to give it another go, trying to experience any changes that others have commented on, or things I have read in the patch notes that sparked my interest. This last time, it was more of a chore to play and write then any fun I got out of it. It's not the game, same as it always has been, it's me.

As much as I hate to stubbornly admit, it's time to move on.

However, I want to take this moment and thank all the players, past and present, for the conversations and the battles. Thank you to WarGaming, for giving me the opportunity to partake in your vision of combat in three, distinct environments and collecting a few prizes and limited content along the way. I really want to thank my real life family, for humoring me on many occasion to complete a goal, task or other time consuming activity which kept me parked in front of the monitor and keyboard, when I should have been spending that precious time with them.

Thanks for the adventures, I will treasure these memories for always.

Edited by Quesnel, 17 September 2016 - 11:34 PM.

MagusGerhardt #130 Posted 18 September 2016 - 12:55 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 870 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Farewell, Q.

We'll keep the light on for you, but given the reasons for departure this time I think this may be for real.

Good luck in all that you do and, as always...

Good hunting!  :honoring:

Quesnel #131 Posted 18 September 2016 - 01:10 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
So long Magus, mind the store and these good folks :honoring:

Zapperguy #132 Posted 18 September 2016 - 10:59 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Hate to see you go Q, but it seems you'll have plenty to keep yourself pleasantly occupied. You can still always stop by the forum and give us stubborn old buggers a "Hello" now & again. Who knows maybe you'll get the bug again one day and come back to us. You have always been a solid member of this community, and your humorous posts will be missed.

Good luck in whatever you do,

Zap

:honoring:

Quesnel #133 Posted 18 September 2016 - 12:39 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Who knows exactly what the future will bring Zapper, take care until then.

dmarsha9 #134 Posted 18 September 2016 - 01:07 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
:honoring:  Whenever you meet difficult situations dash forward bravely and joyfully.
                                                             – Tsunetomo Yamamoto

Porkins_Jr #135 Posted 18 September 2016 - 04:19 PM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

Aww Quesnel, you are really leaving for good? That's not good news. :(

I will continue hoping you change your mind!

Quesnel #136 Posted 18 September 2016 - 05:09 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
I like that one Marsha! Carry the torch Porkins, keep on fighting the good fight.

Claudio67 #137 Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 545 battles

I was very pleased to read your chronicles, viewing some videos and occasionally sharing a few battles, sadly, like many other things on this game, it has reached its end.

Good luck, and God speed Q! :honoring:

EspressoForHammy #138 Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:50 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
You'll be back. Think of your time away like remission...

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Quesnel #139 Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:42 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 584 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Well Claudio, I am still writing about stuff and making a few videos, just not about Planes. As for a remission Hammy, I won't say I won't ever come back, just not looking too promising in the foreseeable future.

pyantoryng #140 Posted 19 September 2016 - 06:10 PM

Colonel

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3372 battles

Well, if you do come back, I don't think the place would have changed much...given how stale things are over here in Planes.

In any case, may you be well and succeed with your future endeavors.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users