Return of a Remnant

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

Quesnel #241 Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12790 battles

After a few intermissions, I have returned to the progressive adventures in the Mustang H and it didn't take long for the rust to start to build.

Over the last while, I have noticed a....flux in the skill levels of opposing bots. Some battles, they are perfectly programed aerial terminators, highly efficient and deadlier than usual. Other times, they fly like passive pushovers, dirty looks almost knocks them out of the air.

The hard part, for me at least, is quickly figuring out which "mode" they are in and attempting to adjust both offensive and defensive tactics accordingly....

Edited by Quesnel, 23 May 2017 - 05:29 PM.

Quesnel #242 Posted 25 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12790 battles

As you might be able to see in the left side of the above picture, I still have a very long ways to go towards parking a tier IX FJ-1 Fury in my hangar. While many current and long since gone players already have this aircraft, my little journey to getting one of my own could very well be as interesting as watching grass grow.

However, I have noticed a few folks have watched my Mustang H videos and I hope through my own trial and error (as well as listening to and applying good advice, when the grey matter is working properly during those critical moments) have seen some successful techniques to try, hopefully to avoid making some of the same frustrating mistakes I have in the past.

Psicko23 #243 Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18531 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
 I'm in a similar place as you. I absolutely hated the p51a, so I held off grinding this line. I eventually bought tube p51d and I liked it. I think I grinded through the p51h yearly fast. I really like that plane. The only time I don't is when I end up the last plane on my team and there is a flight of two good ga pilots. It can be a hard game in that situation. I have yet to buy the fj1 as I have 3 or 4 tier 9 planes to unlock. I think when I get back to this game I will probably buy the t9 in the spitfire line. 

Quesnel #244 Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:37 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12790 battles
You know Psicko, despite the ongoing learning curve (and helpful advice) with the Mustang H, I must say it has turned into a very pleasant surprise.

scipionmk #245 Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:44 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 28469 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostPsicko23, on 25 May 2017 - 11:28 PM, said:

I'm in a similar place as you. I absolutely hated the p51a, so I held off grinding this line. I eventually bought tube p51d and I liked it. I think I grinded through the p51h yearly fast. I really like that plane. The only time I don't is when I end up the last plane on my team and there is a flight of two good ga pilots. It can be a hard game in that situation. I have yet to buy the fj1 as I have 3 or 4 tier 9 planes to unlock. I think when I get back to this game I will probably buy the t9 in the spitfire line. 

I remember days when P51A was the OP plane in a game. It was probably open beta and early live of the game. Almost all flights of three uber pilots from once famous clans were flying P51A or combination of P51A and Me410 and tearing apart noobs and other solo pilots in a game. 

Psicko23 #246 Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18531 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostQuesnel, on 25 May 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

You know Psicko, despite the ongoing learning curve (and helpful advice) with the Mustang H, I must say it has turned into a very pleasant surprise.

View Postscipionmk, on 26 May 2017 - 12:44 AM, said:

I remember days when P51A was the OP plane in a game. It was probably open beta and early live of the game. Almost all flights of three uber pilots from once famous clans were flying P51A or combination of P51A and Me410 and tearing apart noobs and other solo pilots in a game.

Quesnel-Yes, it definitely was a surprise after dealing with the P-51A.

Scipionmk- Yeah, that's what I hear. I started in either 1.2 if I recall correctly(febuary 4th is when I registered this account and played my first game). By the time I acquired the P-51A it was nerfed to purgatory. Pre 1.6, my favorite t6 plane was the F4U-1. How you doing Scip?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users