orca49 #1 Posted 24 May 2016 - 02:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 25 battles
  • [-ACT-] -ACT-

To all,

What- Warplane GA/MR Team  Competition

When-June 11 and 13, 2016 @ 2000 EST

Where- Training Room Labeled, GA/MR Team Competition

Open to all and will consist of a team of 4 in 2 pairs of two and the schedule of events will go like this;

Day 1 (11 June) will be the Weekend Team Competition (1 GA and 1 MR together)

Day 2 (13 June) will be the Week day Team Competition (1 GA and 1 MR together)

This event is open to GA and MR aircraft from Tier 5-7 and the best part is, you will get to use guns, rockets, and bombs. 

Scoring will be based on; Number of GT destroyed +the amount of Ground damage caused + gunnery accuracy% and divided by 3 = team score

Prizes TBD for top teams /individual scores

Round 1- The team destroying the enemy HQ first (you can take out AA only on way to HQ) and has the most supremacy points in an 8 min time limit

Round 2- Whichever team gets to 100 points first gets to hunt the other team (10 Min).

The maps used will be as follows;

Tier 5 –Asian Border, Tier 6- Canyon, and Tier 7- Plateau

Those who want to participate on the weekday date or those who want to participate on the weekend date need to let me know a week out from the 11th so I can keep everything straight.  The teams who participate on the weekend date cannot participate on the weekday date and vice versa.

This little competition is to see how you come together efficiently and effectively.   

sig.png

A knight in shining armor is a knight who has never had his metal tested.

For your armor after battle tells the story of who you truly are.

cqiyuan #2 Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:36 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Wow this would be costy 

orca49 #3 Posted 24 May 2016 - 01:35 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 25 battles
  • [-ACT-] -ACT-
The prizes would be for the competition as a whole not each day.  If need be, this can be adjusted down to one day. I was trying to cover those who can not do it on the weekend and vice versa. 

sig.png

Vanize #4 Posted 24 May 2016 - 03:42 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View Postorca49, on 23 May 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

Round 1- The team destroying the enemy HQ first (you can take out AA only on way to HQ) and has the most supremacy points in an 8 min time limit

This really needs to be redefined in a much more rigorous way - I can find about 7 interpretations in my head alone. you are going to get lots of arguing if this is all the info there is.

orca49 #5 Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 25 battles
  • [-ACT-] -ACT-

Clarification, the first round is to out score the other team in supremacy points in an 8 min time limit and must kill the HQ first before destroying the rest of the GT that remain on the map.  However, each team is allowed to take out the AA en-route to the HQ (largest target value in the grid square specified for that map) This round will be about how efficient the team is to wipe the map in the allotted time.

Example;  Asian Border map, the HQ's are at B5 and J5 respectively.  A team of 4 split into 2 pairs on a heading of 180 towards the southern HQ at J5. The team can get to the HQ by other routes instead of going as the crow flies.   With that said, the team will be allowed to take out AA only on the way to the HQ and once the HQ is destroyed, then the team can clean the map in the most efficient way possible to outscore the other team.  This is about teamwork and team tactics to achieve the goal.

I will do my best to address any other interpretations anyone has.  just let me know. 

sig.png

Vanize #6 Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:39 PM

• 0 battles

View Postorca49, on 24 May 2016 - 01:37 PM, said:

Clarification, the first round is to out score the other team in supremacy points in an 8 min time limit and must kill the HQ first before destroying the rest of the GT that remain on the map.  However, each team is allowed to take out the AA en-route to the HQ (largest target value in the grid square specified for that map) This round will be about how efficient the team is to wipe the map in the allotted time.

Example;  Asian Border map, the HQ's are at B5 and J5 respectively.  A team of 4 split into 2 pairs on a heading of 180 towards the southern HQ at J5. The team can get to the HQ by other routes instead of going as the crow flies.   With that said, the team will be allowed to take out AA only on the way to the HQ and once the HQ is destroyed, then the team can clean the map in the most efficient way possible to outscore the other team.  This is about teamwork and team tactics to achieve the goal.

I will do my best to address any other interpretations anyone has.  just let me know. 

what does "take out the AA en-route" mean? you can only destroy the yellow triangle? it is tough to hit only the triangle in a cluster of yellow and red squares. how will the inevitable splash damage be accounted for/penalized? or can we take out an entire target cluster (for 4, 5, 11, or even 16 points) because it has an AA triangle in it?

Edited by Vanize, 24 May 2016 - 09:40 PM.

orca49 #7 Posted 25 May 2016 - 12:58 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 25 battles
  • [-ACT-] -ACT-

View PostVanize, on 24 May 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

what does "take out the AA en-route" mean? you can only destroy the yellow triangle? it is tough to hit only the triangle in a cluster of yellow and red squares. how will the inevitable splash damage be accounted for/penalized? or can we take out an entire target cluster (for 4, 5, 11, or even 16 points) because it has an AA triangle in it?

Redundant clarification; This part is to see how accurate you can be without collateral damage so you will want to use guns to take out the AA, yes the triangles only. (Definition; en-route, on or along the way to your main destination or goal.)   Once the HQ is gone, then your team can take out the rest in an efficient manner.  I would suggest getting your team together and practice on the maps indicated in the original post and you will see what i am talking about.

sig.png

Vanize #8 Posted 25 May 2016 - 04:21 PM

• 0 battles

View Postorca49, on 25 May 2016 - 06:58 AM, said:

Redundant clarification; This part is to see how accurate you can be without collateral damage so you will want to use guns to take out the AA, yes the triangles only. (Definition; en-route, on or along the way to your main destination or goal.)   Once the HQ is gone, then your team can take out the rest in an efficient manner.  I would suggest getting your team together and practice on the maps indicated in the original post and you will see what i am talking about.

sorry, but that IS NOT redundant, except in your own mind.

and you need to clearly define what happens in terms of penalties, disqualifications, or whatever when a yellow square accidentally gets destroyed along with those yellow triangles en route to HQ.

and these are only the EASIEST examples of what you need to shore up in the rules.

if you are going to run a competition, you need to be exceedingly precise about what the rules are and what the situation is for every possible variation around that rule or you are going to get a lot of butt-hurt people creating a total poop-storm around the end of your competition and then even more people accusing you of favoritism, etc.

I'm not trying to cause you hassle here, i am trying to save your rear from what is going to happen later on, so save your "redundant clarification" attitude for someone who doesn't know beyond a shadow of a doubt that is isn't redundant, that you are setting yourself up for pain by being inherently unclear, and doesn't do quality assurance engineering for a living. BTW, you'll need to shore up more of your rules before the competition starts if you want it to go smoothly, but i am done helping you do that. have fun learning the hard way.

good luck - you'll need it.

Edited by Vanize, 25 May 2016 - 04:45 PM.

orca49 #9 Posted 25 May 2016 - 05:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 25 battles
  • [-ACT-] -ACT-
Then let me be perfectly clear, I am also not getting drawn into this. However, Im glad your thinking on a quantum level and figuring out the possible loopholes.   I believe i have made it as clear as mud and people should be able to hit a yellow triangle and not hit anything else, I CAN and I DO.  My redundant clarification remark was sarcasm, so i am done with this witty banter, if you want to try it with your clan mates then try it out.  I have with others and it works just fine.   I do understand your point but there is no need to stress over it.  If someone hits something else besides the little triangle then craphappens.  But im willing to bet that people will try to be as accurate as possible.   If not then they will be dealt with accordingly.  I will have screenshots of all battles in the training room and the replays if there are any questions on something.  I will not be participating as with the last little thing we did last month but recording everything to keep people honest.  Im just trying to come up with ways for us to do something in this game other than the same old crapevery same old day.  To come up with something different since the powers that be haven't done anything like this.  By the way, everyone is a legend in their own mind.

sig.png

orca49 #10 Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 25 battles
  • [-ACT-] -ACT-
To smooth things out and to make this easier on everyone, the AA rule is out and just hit the HQ at designated grid first then hit everything else. No targets allowed to be hit until HQ is taken out. 

sig.png

orca49 #11 Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:04 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 25 battles
  • [-ACT-] -ACT-
This little competition will be postponed as my wife is having surgery to remove some suspicious lumps from her ta tas, boobs, breasts, etc on Tuesday next week.    I will be too busy watching the rug rat of mine and supporting her while she gets through this hopefully nothing more than a scare.  Good luck with the clan war thingy.  GL and HF all.

sig.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users