New Event - Sounding Board Stage.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Agnotology #1 Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 538 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

In the light of the recent issues surrounding community run events, there have been major issues with rules, rule changes, impartiality, and plethora of other problems surrounding the overall implementation of these events.

This is really just at a hashout of the possbilities, but get a simple round robin format with as few rules as possible to simulate clan wars.

Members of Dracarys will create a training room with Fog of war enabled. The two competing clans will join, grab any plane they wish, and go into a pre-load match where everyone crashes. 

After that, the real fight will begin. Each clan will select two tiers to play in between 3 and 8. You can pick 3 twice or 4 and 8 or any combination you want. The tier of plane selected , going back and forth between the two. So team A picks 3 and 5, Team B pickes 7 and 8, You would play 3-7-5-8. A win awards 1 point, a loss and a draw award nothing.  

There would be NO restrictions on planes brought. Want to bring all GA or all HF? Do it. Want to play defensive supremacy with a few GAs and Low alt fights? Go for it! Clan wars, no holds barred. Only rule would be to bring an equal number of planes. In the interest of fun, I do recommend there be a minimum of 8 planes in a match. That number could be tweaked as the community sees fit.

Some specifics...

I would like to do between 2 and 3 matches per week, with a 8pm EST to 11pm EST window.  Teams could agree on a time in that area between themselves, but the days will be set in stone. If teams can't agree on a time, a "meet in the middle" rule could be adopted. 

Each match would have a pre-match load match to minimize failures to load.

The DRAC Player would take one slot on either team and crash at the start. In the interest of not giving any supremacy advantage, we could easily bring an additional player for the other side to also crash, of the same supremacy weight. That player would be either from DRACS or the same clan as the team he would join. That player would also always be in a tier 1 to make it obvious who is the designated crasher.

We could stream the fights with a 15 or 20 minute delay and give commentary. I personally could easily stream matches as I already have my rig and twitch dialed in. Its unfortunate there are not spectator spots available in training rooms. Streaming would be done at request, if someone would rather keep their pre-fight tactics secret, then there would be no streaming of that team's viewpoint of the match.

1 clan, 1 clan tag in a match per team.

Remember, this is to emulate real clan wars. The only difference between this and clan wars is the ability to set times, and equal number of players per side.

In real CWs, at least for tanks, If you couldn't field 50 people a night, and a big war hit, you got wiped off the map to 15v10s and tech defeats.

Every tier has a counter for every plane that you could fight, or a tactic. Whoever adapts to those tactics bests wins. Which is how clan wars should be played. Ground pounding with 2 GAs to quickly double-thunder forces the high-alts to come down and fight. Dodge a pass or a two and get hits in as they climb away and bleed energy. 

As DRACS would be administrating the contest, we would not participate. 

Edited by Agnotology, 12 May 2016 - 07:13 AM.

Sojo #2 Posted 12 May 2016 - 05:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I still admire the spirit but I'm still over player events.  It's still well past time for WGNA to get off their butts and do something besides nothing for a change. 

SkywhaleExpress #3 Posted 12 May 2016 - 07:06 AM

noob leader

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBotCDR, on 11 May 2016 - 11:27 PM, said:

I still admire the spirit but I'm still over player events.  It's still well past time for WGNA to get off their butts and do something besides nothing for a change.

+1 But that would require work ethicz... and Persha has none.

Air Raid 8 Champions - BrushFyre

MIA - pappabear

cqiyuan #4 Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:39 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17 battles
  • [X3M] X3M
Something is really funny about a game with players creating new game modes while the Devs just seal the windows shut. 

Agnotology #5 Posted 12 May 2016 - 09:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 538 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Don't forget the fact they ducted some car exhaust inside too. 

No but seriously, I would like to get this rolling, and I have commitments from DRAC members who want to see this happen, and just need a tally as to how many clans want in.

A tournament that follows clan wars rules. 

Edited by Agnotology, 12 May 2016 - 09:53 AM.

tahee59 #6 Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
what BotCDR said

MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 12 May 2016 - 04:33 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

:great:

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 21 October 2016 - 03:42 AM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

empyreal_recon #8 Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:58 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
If only a CLAN could add two freelancers as alternates then maybe....
((( So Far So Good So What )))

ParanoiaXtreme_PRX #9 Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• 204 battles
  • [SF] SF
you mean the event the orca49 is making already? you know... that guy who creates his own events not on other people's ideas

Agnotology #10 Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 538 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 12 May 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

As much as I like to see community members put events on, rather than something new starting I would rather continue something that has already been proven to be successful.  Air Raid 6, 7, and 8 were all successful tournaments and rules have been refined in each to make things as easy as possible to participate and administer.  In terms of CLan Wars Kane591 has run Clan Wars seasons over on the EU server successfully and they are entering their third season, as well they are given prizing by WGEU for their clan wars.

I think the best chance at the most community participation would be to start running Kane's Clan Wars over here in the NA community.  It will show WG that it can be run without any issues, and I believe it would also be the best chance to get WGNA to start supplying prizing again.

I'm not saying your proposal wouldn't be successfull, but I think the EU Clan Wars model is our best option.

Here is the link to Kane's event proposal http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

And A sign-up page so that we can show Kane there is enough interest to run CLan Wars over here.  http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

WGNA has already said they will not pay out to tournaments they are not running. They will either make liars out of themselves or keep the status quo. I appreciate his effort, but I feel it is in vain.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users