Clantastrophy Logistics VOTE #1

league tournament

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: LOGISTICS (27 members have cast votes)

how many battles should happen each week

1. 3 (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. 4 (8 votes [29.63%])

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

3. 5 (7 votes [25.93%])

Percentage of vote: 25.93%

4. 6 (6 votes [22.22%])

what days of the week works best for your clan - TWO CHOICES

1. Sunday (7 votes [13.73%])

Percentage of vote: 13.73%

2. Monday (2 votes [3.92%])

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

3. Tuesday (4 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

4. Wednesday (4 votes [7.84%])

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

5. Thuhrsday (10 votes [19.61%])

Percentage of vote: 19.61%

6. Friday (12 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

7. Saturday (12 votes [23.53%])

Percentage of vote: 23.53%

start time for battles

1. 8:00pm Eastern (5 votes [18.52%])

Percentage of vote: 18.52%

2. 8:30pm Eastern (6 votes [22.22%])

3. 9:00pm Eastern (6 votes [22.22%])

4. 9:30pm Eastern (10 votes [37.04%])

Percentage of vote: 37.04%

5. other - Please specify - Post in thread (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

team sizes - minimum

1. 5 (4 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

2. 6 (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. 7 (13 votes [48.15%])

Percentage of vote: 48.15%

4. 8 (7 votes [25.93%])

5. other - explain in thread (0 votes [0.00%])

Allow up to 15 players or keep it to the minimum only

1. yes allow up to 15 if evenly matched and both clans have the players on (25 votes [92.59%])

Percentage of vote: 92.59%

2. no - keep it to a minimum team - set number only (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

Maximum tier your clan can compete with

1. 6 (2 votes [7.41%])

2. 7 (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 8 (8 votes [29.63%])

Percentage of vote: 29.63%

4. 9 (2 votes [7.41%])

5. 10 (15 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

allow variable schedule (like current league) or only set time for battles

1. allow rescheduling for flexibility like the current league (20 votes [74.07%])

Percentage of vote: 74.07%

2. Set schedule. Be there on time or you lose. (7 votes [25.93%])

Tie break each week or only at the end

1. each week there needs to be a clear winner (14 votes [53.85%])

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

2. tally points as-is and do tie-breaker at season end only (12 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

pigeon_kicker #21 Posted 30 April 2016 - 06:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostDInk_Spinkley, on 29 April 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

I'm sorry, I read that as "clamtastytrophy"

ClamleToeTastrophy -- :hiding:

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

PostTraumatic #22 Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 188 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

So far very interesting results for the polls

4 or 5 battles a night is in the lead

sat, fri, thurs (respectively) is the order so far for the best nights

9 or 9:30 eastern look like the best start times

team minimums of 7 or 8 which the current league is doing so that looks good.

it looks like using the up to 15 if on is a successful idea also

there were 14 votes for tier 10 as the highest tier.  Is it feasible we can get enough clans that can do a tier 10 set?  We all have wanted to do competition in tier 10.  Does it sound reasonable to actually do tier 10?  We as a community have always stuck with the idea not enough could do it.  Time has gone by though and many have tier 10's.  I would like the communities thoughts on that one.

Looks like almost all like the schedule variability.  I can see the appeal to set times also but variability avoids no shows i think if timing can be worked out.  Also, you do not have to accept the alterations which means you can force the battles to happen only at the default time if you just say no to all the time alteration requests.  For instance, Vulcans like to have a set day/time schedule and we are difficult about changing the times once we get in a schedule.  Other clans are easier about the alterations.  Hopefully moving the battles back for this next event will avoid the need for as much schedule negotiations.

Now the tie breaker thing is very close. I am thinking it would work both ways.  The issue with weekly tie-breakers is this.  I am considering 6 battles on a league night if we can handle it.  If we do that it would mean the tie-breaker is a 7th battle in a night and 6 battles a night is probably pushing it as is.  need to get more input on that.  Is there any clans that would not be able to do 6 battles a night?  We are most likely going to start the battles later in the next round also.  6 battles would be about an hour and a half.  starting at 9 or 9:30 means we would not be done untill 10:30 or 11.  does that work?  

Edited by PostTraumatic, 30 April 2016 - 07:36 PM.

99red #23 Posted 30 April 2016 - 07:46 PM

• 65 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostJetway, on 29 April 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

(1)the reason we go to tier 10 is because competitive events should take place at high tier.  (2)Low tiers are only for beginners learning and to grind planes. (3) I realize some people/clans like to fly down there a lot to take advantage of weak bots and new players but high tiers is where any kind of truly competitive events should take place.

1. Utilizing only the highest tier takes a lot away from the game and the players choices in preferred planes and tier ability...a bit too seclusive for 'everyone'

2. Although some may agree about the purpose of low tiers, in game all tiers are utilized in WG missions and even special events are for tiers 4 though whatever so most if not all players have a chance at attaining them...shouldn't clan league/war keep that in mind as well allowing for more flexibility in achieving goals/prizes?

3. Many pilots, like myself, fly low tiers for daily missions, team combat and clan count-ins as well as training newer pilots in game...there is much competition found there as in any tier.

BTW, what is your definition of low tier? I see 10 tiers available in game and have always considered 1 through 4 the 'low' tiers, 5 through 7 the mid tiers (where you will find the vast majority of players flying at any given time) and only tiers 8 through 10 the upper tiers, where if you look at current pilot statistics over all, less than 15% even have planes fully upgraded in. Really a small group of people fly above tier 8.

View PostPostTraumatic, on 30 April 2016 - 12:28 PM, said:

So far very interesting results for the polls

4 or 5 battles a night is in the lead

sat, fri, thurs (respectively) is the order so far for the best nights

9 or 9:30 eastern look like the best start times

team minimums of 7 or 8 which the current league is doing so that looks good.

it looks like using the up to 15 if on is a successful idea also

there were 14 votes for tier 10 as the highest tier.  Is it feasible we can get enough clans that can do a tier 10 set?  We all have wanted to do competition in tier 10.  Does it sound reasonable to actually do tier 10?  We as a community have always stuck with the idea not enough could do it.  Time has gone by though and many have tier 10's.  I would like the communities thoughts on that one.

Looks like almost all like the schedule variability.  I can see the appeal to set times also but variability avoids no shows i think if timing can be worked out.  Also, you do not have to accept the alterations which means you can force the battles to happen only at the default time if you just say no to all the time alteration requests

Now the tie breaker thing is very close. I am thinking it would work both ways.  The issue with weekly tie-breakers is this.  I am considering 6 battles on a league night if we can handle it.  If we do that it would mean the tie-breaker is a 7th battle in a night and 6 battles a night is probably pushing it as is.  need to get more input on that.  Is there any clans that would not be able to do 6 battles a night?  We are most likely going to start the battles later in the next round also.  6 battles would be about an hour and a half.  starting at 9 or 9:30 means we would not be done untill 10:30 or 11.  does that work?  

If leagues are limited to T10, count about 2/3's of most clan members out for competition...all I am going to say about that.

If it is so seclusive to only 12% of active players, and less than 3% of active clans, no one will bother...I know we at ES will not.

99red......XO of the Eagle Squadron (-ES-)

PostTraumatic #24 Posted 30 April 2016 - 08:17 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 188 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

yes i agree tier 10 might be a stretch but if it could be incorporated somehow it would be fun.  I was not suggesting basing all the battles on tier 10.  Just probably not realistic... Yet.

I will at some point narrow down these ideas into a another poll thread and ask for votes on other aspects so stay keep a watch for it as I would really like to fine tune the preferences to help each event go smoother than the previous.  We will see a rendition of the high flyers tournament again in the future.  I am thinking each season is a new type-set of battles.  4 seasons means 4 basic event-types per year so another High-Flyers event will happen again next winter or spring.

We have many good ideas for the Summer League though and I will do all i can to make it fun and interesting.  there are s many ideas i think of that i need to incorporate what i can while keeping each event simple enough not to cause problems.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 30 April 2016 - 08:18 PM.

EspressoForHammy #25 Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:38 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPostTraumatic, on 30 April 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

....  there are s many ideas i think of that i need to incorporate what i can while keeping each event simple enough not to cause problems.

One idea I can think of immediately would be to treat every participant in your league fairly. In my humble experience that causes no problems.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Also tagged with league, tournament

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users