Mission Assists for the I-180-3 in the Shop!

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

SHOCKOJAMBO #21 Posted 09 April 2016 - 11:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 34516 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Take a screen shot of your keyboard send in a ticket for the keyboard and they will get on it. SOON

Lou #22 Posted 10 April 2016 - 01:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7780 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I run out of plus ones in this thread. I knew it was going to go like this with the tickets. I can't fault a company for trying to make money, but what Botcdr and losttwo say is true. It's another blatant grab for the dollar.  I bought 3 tickets for the xp58 missions, and I felt it was money well spent. As I only needed two, I got some gold out of it. $15 for a tier 8 was a great deal, even $34 would have been worth it. Those things run fifty bucks. But a over tripled price to purchase not even half of the missions with no guarantee of a plane is really alot of things that will get me banned for typing it here.

But you'll get a bunch of consumables, some of which are kinda useless. Some tokens. And if they ever fix those consumables correctly, they will disappear from our depots and be converted to credits in some future patch. But that's a different rant.

Gonna have to try harder to get me to spend my money, WG. I work too hard for it to throw it away.

MAJ_Radmo #23 Posted 10 April 2016 - 04:24 AM

Master Sergeant

• 28421 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

I am utterly disappoint at world of warplanes ! ... this really shocks me to no end to see we all have been had  ! ! !

I instructed my Squadron not to buy this plane its not worth the money .. in my opinion this is totally outrageous  ..and again very very disappointing !

Instructions for the 335th ignore this plane and proceed to your next higher tiers of planes ...

Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya #24 Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:56 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6727 battles

View PostContent_WG, on 09 April 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

Need some help climbing to the Polikarpov I-180-3? Stop by our Premium Shop!
<a href="http://worldofwarplanes.com/news/i1803-mission-assists/">Full news text</a>

uh... 33$ for Tiny Single Tier V Plane?
I guess you think that plane is good enough for 33$, don't you Deary?

Well, Well, My deary, You guys really are an idiot. don't you?   

Nobody will spent 33$ for Stupid Tier-5 Plane.

'Exclude newbies who don't know anything.' - Don't Cheat to Newbies for FEW MONEY.

I guess, This pilot is worst teammate when you are on match, *Facepalm

Steel_bomber_ #25 Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15758 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
+2 for you lost
THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Lapperscrapper #26 Posted 10 April 2016 - 09:07 AM

Airman Basic

• 2795 battles

Yeah, these priced are really disappointing. I have been enjoying this game recently and was really excited at the chance to get this premium plane. I knew I would not finish 5 to 8 of the secondary missions so I was even excited to support the game by giving $7-$10 to buy out the rest of them if each completion was $1-$2 each, which is what I was expecting. These prices are way too high, and instead I am spending nothing and won't even worry about playing much this week to complete missions because I know now I am not getting the plane. 

I get that WG is valuing the end result as much more than just a tier 5 plane (there is a bunch of other stuff that comes with it), but even so, spending more than $20 to finish, when I have already spent several hundred battles finishing all primary missions, plus about 2/3 of the secondary missions seems crazy.

Lt_Haruhi_Suzumiya #27 Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:56 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6727 battles

View PostLapperscrapper, on 10 April 2016 - 09:07 AM, said:

Yeah, these priced are really disappointing. I have been enjoying this game recently and was really excited at the chance to get this premium plane. I knew I would not finish 5 to 8 of the secondary missions so I was even excited to support the game by giving $7-$10 to buy out the rest of them if each completion was $1-$2 each, which is what I was expecting. These prices are way too high, and instead I am spending nothing and won't even worry about playing much this week to complete missions because I know now I am not getting the plane. 

I get that WG is valuing the end result as much more than just a tier 5 plane (there is a bunch of other stuff that comes with it), but even so, spending more than $20 to finish, when I have already spent several hundred battles finishing all primary missions, plus about 2/3 of the secondary missions seems crazy.

I think Value-guy at WG is Definitely an idiot.   they valued I-180-3's cert same as Cert for 'TIER 8' XP-58 Chain Lightning. 
(for buy a single cert, If you buy more, This time! you will get more discount at the price)

http://worldofwarplanes.com/news/chain-lightning-mission-assists/

http://worldofwarplanes.com/news/i1803-mission-assists/

Ahuhu-  I also thought that I can get I-180-3 Cert as $1-2,  but Wargaming NA stabbed in my back.

I guess, This pilot is worst teammate when you are on match, *Facepalm

Rob7183 #28 Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:49 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 18763 battles
  • [SF] SF
I had to buy one ticket, so went to purchase it tonight.  Damn near fell out of my chair.  $4.00 for ONE ticket?  On a tier FIVE plane???  Are you guys intentionally TRYING to chase everyone off for some reason?  If you have to buy more than two tickets, you're wasting your money.  T5's only have a rated worth around $9.00.  Buying an XF4U-1 is just over the cost of two tickets, and is a pretty decent plane.  You are massively overvaluing your product appeal, WG.

Rob7183.png 

MARS_REVENANT #29 Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:00 PM

Major

• 33811 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

:popcorn:

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 21 October 2016 - 04:48 AM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Cuesta_Rey #30 Posted 11 April 2016 - 02:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6491 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I know it's a sad state of affairs, but I'm not willing to devote 5 days of my life to win a stupid $34 prize. If I want the thing, I'll buy it, and that's all there is to that.

Yeah, I know, WG loves suckers like me. But I know what my time is worth...at least to me.

Lynx_of_the_Seas #31 Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:14 AM

Airman Basic

• 1545 battles

In fairness, they have offered 600 gold for every unused certificate, but I agree that this isn't a good deal.

I've really been struggling with the missions, and even if I got to within 5 missions, $15 isn't a good price for the plane.  I'm certainly not paying $34.

I get a certain amount of exclusivity for the better players, but if Tier V matches are dominated by these players flying the I-180-3, WG will have no choice but to nerf the plane.  So people who buy the plane are going to be out a lot of money, not to mention time for those who have slaved away for weeks to complete fewer than 12 missions.

Edited by Lynx_of_the_Seas, 13 April 2016 - 12:33 AM.

ViolentAngel #32 Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 16644 battles
Thanks for the assist, WG!  Haven't been able to play much at all in this last week+ due to having a baby and other RL stuff. $15 bucks for the final five missions to acquire a rare gift plane... uh, okay no sweat!

"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake

EspressoForHammy #33 Posted 15 April 2016 - 03:06 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostViolentAngel, on 14 April 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

Thanks for the assist, WG!  Haven't been able to play much at all in this last week+ due to having a baby and other RL stuff. $15 bucks for the final five missions to acquire a rare gift plane... uh, okay no sweat!

:facepalm:

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

losttwo #34 Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:58 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Money well spent..................................................Hershey Park

IronyAngel #35 Posted 15 April 2016 - 02:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1884 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 09 April 2016 - 02:23 PM, said:

They spend 30$ to get tickets then only have time for about 20 matches and all are losses.

At a 40% win rate the odds of that happening are about 0.0036%  I think it is safe to not worry about that particular scenario.

empyreal_recon #36 Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 19302 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 11 April 2016 - 09:00 AM, said:

Does anyone know if this is a rare plane that will not be released for a while?  Like the JL during the last War Cache and Wheel of FUn?

If so, that my be why the price is so high.

Given the plane performance, I would value it higher than the typical premium planes they have given away.  Most premium planes they have given away have been fairly blah, usually I collect but never fly them, this one will be worked onto my rotation.

Of course I would never pay real life money for any premium plane, I rely on my skill to earn them, this took me 5 days out of the possible 30.  Another way to think about it is, you have to pay to bypass the 30 day grind, assuming you don't have the skills to unlock it any faster.

As well, coming from a player that has earned it, I don't want to see a flood of them in battles because they were made so cheap that everyone just spends a few bucks.  Similar to the planes given away during Alpha/Beta.  There needs to be some way to restrict access.

​Because you're all (the must complete this and every mission plus get the prize fanatics) absolute crazy... running the mission stages makes pilots do the most unexpected maneuvers not with the team in mind but with their selfish mission oriented goals in mind. Doubled with crap bot expectations... (You Know The Rest) If I got this plane I'd fly it once... to work this hard and expend so much time and now money to get a "GIFT" is beyond my comprehension. This reminds me of the "Hurricane" mission... what a waste.

((( So Far So Good So What )))

SystemRename_999888 #37 Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:28 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 23085 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postempyreal_recon, on 16 April 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

This reminds me of the "Hurricane" mission... what a waste.

OHGODNO.  The Hurricane was an awful plane from day 1.  The I-180-3 is as least capable if flown to its strengths.  The Hurricane IID was a basketcase from the get-go.
A deeper understanding of the difference between a fad and a fashion statement will enable you to win a fashion fueled guessing game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users