World of Warplanes for Mac

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: WoWP OSX (43 members have cast votes)

Should There Be A Version For Macintosh OSX?

1. Yes (39 votes [90.70%])

Percentage of vote: 90.70%

2. No (4 votes [9.30%])

Percentage of vote: 9.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

_Ancesium_ #1 Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:31 AM

Airman Basic

• 6 battles
To start off, I'm grateful that Wargaming put World of Tanks on Mac using a customized crossover wrapper. Although, I wanted to ask if the developers will ever do the same thing for World of Warplanes. Right now I got a junk PC and want to play it on the Mac. There are also probably tons of people that want the same thing too. All I ask for now is the devs to answer yes or no, to whether make a wrapper or not. If you guys say yes, I, and probably a lot more Mac users would be happy. Otherwise, is there anyone out there that can make a wrapper, as PaulTheTall's doesn't work correctly.:)

Bubba_Zanetti #2 Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:04 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1291 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Install Windows 7/8/10 via bootcamp or Parallels/VMware Fusion.  Install game.  Hope you have a decent discrete video chip...my mid 2012 Retina MBP with 650M sux playing WOT/WOWP at anything pretty/high res compared to my PC rig with a Geforce GTX 780.

forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/42410-wg-incompetence/           ^- Over two years awaiting moderation on the WOWP Blog.

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises” - Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash.” - xPALEHORSEx  

They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now.” - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  Maybe Persha should avoid patches with the number 5 in them... - mnbv-fockewulfe

cqiyuan #3 Posted 03 April 2016 - 04:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 90 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

YES: 50%

NO:50%

LMAAAAO :trollface:

Edited by cqiyuan, 03 April 2016 - 04:42 AM.

Ken400 #4 Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:33 PM

Airman Basic

• 8 battles
I've also have been waiting for a mac wrapper too, they have it for WoT AND WoW, what about World of Warplanes? This game is my fav out of the 3, and i cant run the game above low graphics on my Windows PC. I hope it comes out soon.:)

cqiyuan #5 Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 90 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostKen400, on 02 October 2016 - 09:33 PM, said:

I've also have been waiting for a mac wrapper too, they have it for WoT AND WoW, what about World of Warplanes? This game is my fav out of the 3, and i cant run the game above low graphics on my Windows PC. I hope it comes out soon.:)

I can guarantee you that there wont be mac version or at least not this year. 

This game is always dead to WG 

Noreaga #6 Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
think the bootcamp suggestion would be your best option right now. would be great to get xbox and more mac players but i dont think that is a priority to them.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Texas_Vet #7 Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:40 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

My Windows 10 laptop finally passed into a failed motherboard state.  My son bought me a top of the line 2017 model Mac.  World of Tanks and World of Warships work well.  I would really like to have a World fo Warplanes solution.  I would prefer not to use Bootcamp as my HD is not the traditional disk but solid state, so space is limited.

So yes, a Mac client would be greatly appreciated.

Bubba_Zanetti #8 Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1291 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

This would be the top of the line Macbook:

But as stated, either a wine wrapper environment, or Parallels/VM Ware fusion are the only other options.  Or a PC gaming rig.

forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/42410-wg-incompetence/           ^- Over two years awaiting moderation on the WOWP Blog.

“The sad truth is that the one thing around here is that we can always rely on is broken promises” - Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo █ If a company can't handle the truth based on pixelated facts then they shouldn't be in this industry to begin with. Or stop overreaching at areas where they obviously lack the resources to make a sucess (WOWP)” - ArrowZ_  As it is, this “upgrade” is totally misdirected and completely ignores all player feedback over the past few years.  How this studio continues on with the parent company is a total mystery to me.” - Bobby_Tables  The only thing that will fix this game is for the developers to right click and hit send to trash.” - xPALEHORSEx  

They've been around a good while and seen a lot of flak so they surely must know what they're doing by now.” - Catch21  All wargaming has done in all their games across the board have been stupid and greedy ideas. They are failing as a company so hard. - Veraxu  Maybe Persha should avoid patches with the number 5 in them... - mnbv-fockewulfe

FREE42OLOVE #9 Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:42 PM

Airman Basic

• 277 battles
  • [-420-] -420-
I'd use Bootcamp in a second if I could afford the Windows CD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users