Jump to content


CROSS OVER EVENT 4 ?


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

PostTraumatic #1 Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:25 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 20059 battles
  • 882
  • [VULCN] VULCN
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

NO I am not announcing a tournament.  I did that already.  

 

However, this is a call to WG to put another of the CROSSOVER events on.  

 

GhostPrime you and your buddies at WG need to do something.  Something substantial!

 

These minor contests to see who gets the most kills in a particular plane etc are cool but they are not increasing the population here.  Your JOB would be insured if the population returned so I feel you, other admins & WG staff would have a vested interest in not latching onto the "giving up on planes" mentality that WG has been fomenting.

 

Get busy.  The customers are getting tired of doing your jobs for you.



CrayoIaCrayon #2 Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:28 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 15815 battles
  • 1,025
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014
Wouldn't that mean we would have to play tanks too?  Jetway no play tanks

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place


Sojo #3 Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:37 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 23160 battles
  • 2,871
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

I'd rather they did a regular tournament to be quite honest.  The crossovers were a pain, because to get a team you had to find a group of players that were not just proficient at both games but already had eligible vehicles in both of them.  This essentially leaves you looking for a niche within a niche of players and winds up excluding people, and you wind up with just a handful of viable teams.

 

But I agree it's well past time for Wargaming to do something.  It's been a shamefully long time at this point.



PostTraumatic #4 Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:45 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 20059 battles
  • 882
  • [VULCN] VULCN
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Well the idea was to get tankers to come this direction... 

 

Jet, I know DRACS has tankers... it would not be impossible.

 

​Vulcan does have tanks night every Tuesday evening and sometimes a few times a week we are on together.

 

But you are right.  ANYTHING they would do to actually have a WG sponsored event is LONG overdue


Edited by PostTraumatic, 30 March 2016 - 03:48 PM.


pyantoryng #5 Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:06 PM

    Major

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 12441 battles
  • 6,191
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
How many clans have tankers in addition to pilots? Pilots are so few in number that I doubt you can make a meaningful crossover competition...and I doubt you can get mercs like WoWS's team battles, either. Even with mercs allowed, how many will be interested in going into competitive field?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

losttwo #6 Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:24 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • 12,609
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

Amen PT.... this game has become a bore at its core.

Yes I like this game for its entertainment value that falls just short of being ALMOST as entertaining as the forum.

Basically it is a boring game with no reason to continue playing.

It is what i use to substitute for TV time. Every time I watch TV I fall asleep in less than 30 seconds.

No amount of coffee and stop my TV / Movie Narcolepsy.

 

Took my son and his friend to see Dead Pool. I fell asleep in the middle of it.



EspressoForHammy #7 Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:31 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • 4,458
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 30 March 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

Took my son and his friend to see Dead Pool. I fell asleep in the middle of it.

 

I can't even... I don't even.... How could you DO that?


"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

 


Sojo #8 Posted 30 March 2016 - 05:37 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 23160 battles
  • 2,871
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Here's the original posts from the last (2 years ago!) Crossover event for reference:

http://worldoftanks....event-part-iii/

http://forum.worldof...s-over-event-3/

 

There were a number of problems with the way this event was run, among the worst of which was that that there were piles of WoT teams that signed up and then never showed for the planes portions just hoping to get prizing by default.

 

And then shortly after this Yoott and Dance disappeared from this game altogether and never came back.  And that was over two years ago.



GhostPrime #9 Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:05 PM

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 1654 battles
  • 2,026
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostPostTraumatic, on 30 March 2016 - 07:25 AM, said:

NO I am not announcing a tournament.  I did that already.  

 

However, this is a call to WG to put another of the CROSSOVER events on.  

 

GhostPrime you and your buddies at WG need to do something.  Something substantial!

 

These minor contests to see who gets the most kills in a particular plane etc are cool but they are not increasing the population here.  Your JOB would be insured if the population returned so I feel you, other admins & WG staff would have a vested interest in not latching onto the "giving up on planes" mentality that WG has been fomenting.

 

Get busy.  The customers are getting tired of doing your jobs for you.

 

While I like the idea, and I am all for getting more players into the game, the best I can do is pass the sentiment for a crossover event along. We have done them in the past to some success, but it's hard to track how many of those players stayed, and the impact that it had on the amount of players. 

 

 



Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!


GouIdy #10 Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:15 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 18607 battles
  • 2,519
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

I am just wondering when are people going to realize that wargaming is all but done supporting this game in the way of end-game content & the last thing they want to do is associate WOWP with any of their other titles.

If there is ever to be any type of crossover tournament in the future it will have to be organized, run & funded by the community.



CrayoIaCrayon #11 Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 15815 battles
  • 1,025
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    07-16-2014
I'm honestly not a big fan of the crossovers but we do need something.  I like this league event more than any air raids we've ever done.  You should be supporting Ghost.  It's a simple format.  Involves all clans over a lengthy period of time and allows them to continue to participate no matter how well they do.  It actually gives incentive to join a clan and gives clans a purpose.  You also have to think that when you join a good clan you meet people and make friends that you like to play with which gives a much greater reason to continue to play the game.  I would not be playing this game everyday if it weren't for all the great people I have met in it.  If I had stayed a truly solo player, I'd have been gone a long time ago.  Approach these competitive events with the same vigor and enthusiasm that you approach your moderation of the forum:trollface:

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place


PostTraumatic #12 Posted 30 March 2016 - 07:29 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 20059 battles
  • 882
  • [VULCN] VULCN
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Yeah i agree.  Crossover is probably the wrong way to go and I too doubt it would produce the desired effect.  

 

I guess I just wanted to keep prodding WG to actually care about their creation and not give up and quit so easily.



tahee59 #13 Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8032 battles
  • 1,751
  • [VULCN] VULCN
  • Member since:
    07-31-2012
Why would they do there job if someone ( like PT and many others) are doing it for them?

Edited by tahee59, 30 March 2016 - 08:21 PM.


TeamTerrible #14 Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:44 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 46046 battles
  • 2,104
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012

View Posttahee59, on 30 March 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

Why would they do there job if someone ( like PT and many others) are doing it for them?

 

hey, its an awful lot of work answering each game issue related post with "soon" for several months on end.

 

 

         


Noreaga #15 Posted 30 March 2016 - 11:06 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • 2,849
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012

all 3 games make it all 3 games, showcase your trilogy. nothing to lose on WG side except for free advertising of each game to the others.

 

only problem i really see is the fact that wows is still on doubloons, you could always make the participants choose which game they want the gold to go to.

 

quick idea of what i was thinking:

best of 5

planes battle: winner gains bonus for next battle(wows) shutout=option to bring 2 cv, 1-3 losses= 1 cv 4-5 losses=0 cv

ships battle  same bonus idea but i don't know enough about tanks (any ideas)

tanks battle (assault) shutout= 2 ga 1-3= 1 ga 4-5= 0 ga

Planes battle (most gt destroyed) 

and so on


Nimis obnoxii curare


hawkeyededic #16 Posted 31 March 2016 - 04:58 AM

    Resident Researcher

  • -Community Ace-
  • 3517 battles
  • 1,715
  • Member since:
    10-05-2012

View PostGhostPrime, on 30 March 2016 - 12:05 PM, said:

 

While I like the idea, and I am all for getting more players into the game, the best I can do is pass the sentiment for a crossover event along. We have done them in the past to some success, but it's hard to track how many of those players stayed, and the impact that it had on the amount of players. 

 

 

 

Anything is better then nothing, even if only 3  players stayed active in WoWP it's still 3 more then before.


 

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.


ViolentAngel #17 Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:14 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 16644 battles
  • 1,809
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View PostNoreaga, on 30 March 2016 - 05:06 PM, said:

all 3 games make it all 3 games, showcase your trilogy. nothing to lose on WG side except for free advertising of each game to the others.

 

only problem i really see is the fact that wows is still on doubloons, you could always make the participants choose which game they want the gold to go to.

 

quick idea of what i was thinking:

best of 5

planes battle: winner gains bonus for next battle(wows) shutout=option to bring 2 cv, 1-3 losses= 1 cv 4-5 losses=0 cv

ships battle  same bonus idea but i don't know enough about tanks (any ideas)

tanks battle (assault) shutout= 2 ga 1-3= 1 ga 4-5= 0 ga

Planes battle (most gt destroyed) 

and so on

 

2 arty, 1 arty, 0 arty


"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake


Noreaga #18 Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:21 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • 2,849
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012

View PostViolentAngel, on 31 March 2016 - 12:14 AM, said:

 

2 arty, 1 arty, 0 arty

yeah i thought that too, but i hear that arty is not viable in team battles (total tomato in WOT so i really have no idea).


Nimis obnoxii curare


Bobby_Tables #19 Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:34 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 24115 battles
  • 592
  • Member since:
    06-16-2014

I am more comfortable playing in jeans and a flannel shirt, but I guess I could get into a tasteful blouse and a skirt if gold is on the line.

 

Wait, never mind, I misunderstood the title of this thread.   

 

Carry on.



Noreaga #20 Posted 01 April 2016 - 07:53 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • 2,849
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012

View PostBobby_Tables, on 01 April 2016 - 02:34 PM, said:

I am more comfortable playing in jeans and a flannel shirt, but I guess I could get into a tasteful blouse and a skirt if gold is on the line.

 

Wait, never mind, I misunderstood the title of this thread.   

 

Carry on.

 

well done took me a second 

Nimis obnoxii curare





2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users