How much your stats are influencing?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Mackunaima #1 Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

Well, to be able to complete the missions I have played with the IL-10M, and this situation I have encountered a very nasty thing.

With this our low population usually the other team there is only one player, and usually it is very bad, very bad, as 44% WR, and then, as only have a human on each team and they are playing GAs, and my mission is to destroy GT's, so I'm pretty much out of the match, influenced virtually nothing in the air battle.

With that, my bots last for about 1 minute and a half at most, and when they go well they can kill 3 enemies bots. Soon, all enemies bots come to attack me.

Then I wonder. How big is the influence of stats to define the enemy bots?

Greetings,
Mack

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

RedSpartacus #2 Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17094 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
Many battles end having a total wipe out on one side whereas the other side loses maybe one or two planes. I'm starting to see a pattern. After having lost two of these kind of battles you win the third one ( or win the MM roulette). This is my impression but I cannot prove it.

Edited by RedSpartacus, 29 March 2017 - 02:08 PM.

RUN WITH THE PACK

oldiowaguy #3 Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15554 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostWhiskeyInYourWater, on 23 March 2016 - 07:57 AM, said:

Flighting up with a good flight mate can turn that around many times.

Unless that means you have to carry 'bee!:trollface:

Mackunaima #4 Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

I dont want to flight up just to play GAs like GAs..

If I want to win and kill guys I'll just pick a fighter. But sometimes I just want to pew pew things on the ground. But it's not possible unless I kill 2 or 3 enemy guys, than I can go do GTs.

**  I don't want to play patterns, If i want this I play any other game with plent of NPC.

[Content Moderated] - Vulgarities

- 40BelowWGA

Edited by 40BelowWGA, 23 March 2016 - 04:55 PM.

Gang_Starr #5 Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:14 PM

Captain

• 12216 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
GA are useless solo ever since 1.9. You have zero influence on what happend up top unless you flight up. Otherwise it's up to RNG to decide which bots win, and due to the snowball effect one side usually steamrolls the other by a decent amount.

Tenks

Mackunaima #6 Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostGang_Starr, on 23 March 2016 - 11:14 AM, said:

GA are useless solo ever since 1.9. You have zero influence on what happend up top unless you flight up. Otherwise it's up to RNG to decide which bots win, and due to the snowball effect one side usually steamrolls the other by a decent amount.

Oh yeah

But I don't agree this is this much RNG, i can see a pattern.When I flying a fighter, the same thing happens, but when Im in a fighter I can kill them and I can change the battle to my side, If Im flying a HF I can kill all of the remaining bots with no effort, most of time I lose is due to having no time to change the time.

But now, flying a GA, I cant change the battle and the same thing happens. So I think this have something about stats. I can see my bots doing a lot of crapin front of enemy bots when the enemy team just have crap players.

Edited by Mackunaima, 23 March 2016 - 02:27 PM.

GouIdy #7 Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17887 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Mackunaima #8 Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
HAHAHAHAHHHAA

Mackunaima #9 Posted 23 March 2016 - 02:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

As soon  as I finished this mission about GTs I moved fowrad to a mission about do 1 thousand of damage.

So I did this mission using the same IL-10M, but now hunting planes. And on the first try I did an ace and completed with distinction... and I won the battle, just cuz I went for planes.

Indeed GTs have no longer more influence in battles.

Gang_Starr #10 Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:56 PM

Captain

• 12216 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMackunaima, on 23 March 2016 - 10:18 AM, said:

So I think this have something about stats. I can see my bots doing a lot of crap in front of enemy bots when the enemy team just have crap players.

Stats don't have anything to do with the way your bots or enemy bots behave, it's just random.

Tenks

Tonzzo #11 Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:00 PM

Captain

• 19554 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Supremacy wins are near impossible unless you kill the enemy GA's first.  By the time you do that you have very little time to hit GT's....  I did the GT mission last night...  I was working on the previous one where you need to kill 10 aircraft of the same type (but must get 2 minimum to count)  So I wen GA as you can fly a 265 or 329 and just GA hunt then hit some GT's and hide.  On most maps you don't even need a supremacy lead.  The bots will all start crashing for what ever reason...  Usually the game would end with one or two bots dieing to my TG's....  Granted this didn't always go smoothly but I worked both missions without loosing my rear.... The 10 kills of the same type went FAST and since I was already in German GA mode I thought why not give it a shot for the Thunder with just guns....  Then I started to have a harder time twords the end of each match.  Games would seem to end to fast or the GA's I let live would make it easier for the bots to find me as I would need to kill a few GT's just to get resets....

Either way 1.9 was a major Nerf to the Supremacy system and simply another GA nerf....  Don't get me wrong people will still cry that GA's are to OP.....  :teethhappy:

Messerschmitt Me 329 8 Attack Aircraft  Germany 13 62%
Messerschmitt Me 265 7 Attack Aircraft  Germany 7 71%

Edited by Tonzzo, 23 March 2016 - 05:01 PM.

Noreaga #12 Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:08 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

2 days back in and i noticed that, game is decided most time at the first bot pass. Now that isn't so different to when we had 15 vs 15 humans, but for some reason much much more frustrating.

Nimis obnoxii curare

MARS_REVENANT #13 Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:19 PM

Major

• 31992 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostWhiskeyInYourWater, on 23 March 2016 - 09:34 AM, said:

So we make the circle and I redirect you to a good flight mate.  With a good one, you can have a LOT more chance of changing what MM did to the teams leaving you with, in many instances, plenty of time to pew pew GTs.  Thunder and Destroyer medals still await you Mr Mack even when MM seems to be against you, but only if you do what it takes.

Person opinion:  WG needs to either return 3 man flights or stop making this game almost REQUIRE team work to not only defeat the other team, but to counter act what MM does to us (the usual caveat: except for you few special ones who can do it without help.)

You should flight with Mack.. You are both from Brazil.  Let me know how that TS convo. goes.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Mackunaima #14 Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

WhiskeyIntehJar?? Brazil?? What?

But she can't use TS, once I read her daddy don't like it.

MARS_REVENANT #15 Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:31 PM

Major

• 31992 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostMackunaima, on 23 March 2016 - 01:13 PM, said:

WhiskeyIntehJar?? Brazil?? What?

But she can't use TS, once I read her daddy don't like it.

That was a couple of years ago.  All should be fine by now... right???

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

CaptainJoeyCusack #16 Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9264 battles
  • [JRKS] JRKS

View PostMackunaima, on 23 March 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

I dont want to flight up just to play GAs like GAs..

If I want to win and kill guys I'll just pick a fighter. But sometimes I just want to pew pew things on the ground. But it's not possible unless I kill 2 or 3 enemy guys, than I can go do GTs.

**  I don't want to play patterns, If i want this I play any other game with plent of NPC.

[Content Moderated] - Vulgarities

- 40BelowWGA

I have been hooting about this for a while now. 1.9.0 to me was awesome and minimal RNG. For the most part humans dictated the outcome. After the first patch I noticed the RNG bad and simply put I am doing my best to learn to carry a round but I have matches all the time against human pilots that should easily win and should carry a round and they are wiped out. Then rounds I should win nope im slaughtered.

View PostGang_Starr, on 23 March 2016 - 08:14 AM, said:

Yea after 1st patch from 1.9.0 supremacy is pretty much dead. However this patch is by far the worse regarding RNG. Last 2 patches I would win about 10 in a row then lose 10 in a row regardless of me getting aces or sucking. However even 1.9.3 in about 50% of the rounds if your in a GA you would have at least 5-9 mins before all the other team started coming for you so you at least got thunder or some credits/points. This patch HAHAHA literally 90% of the rounds are finished in under 2 mins so doesnt matter if your on losing team or winning, your barely getting to GT's when round is over. In most cases my Que time is on average twice as long as the round last.

View PostMackunaima, on 23 March 2016 - 08:18 AM, said:

Oh yeah

But I don't agree this is this much RNG, i can see a pattern.When I flying a fighter, the same thing happens, but when Im in a fighter I can kill them and I can change the battle to my side, If Im flying a HF I can kill all of the remaining bots with no effort, most of time I lose is due to having no time to change the time.

But now, flying a GA, I cant change the battle and the same thing happens. So I think this have something about stats. I can see my bots doing a lot of crapin front of enemy bots when the enemy team just have crap players.

The RNG is by far the strongest in this patch. I literally flew for hours on Sunday and did not clear a single 3 x bonus off a craft. That was trying diff tiers, disconnecting, connecting, resetting internet, giving my PC a new Mac address. It was insanity. Then Monday rolls along and RNG in my favor like Sunday never happened, except for NO 3 X bonus. Whiskey is right flightening up does even out the odds sometimes but other times the RNG is set to maximum and even my partners are in disbelief witnessing what I tell them. 

Im not sure why it affects some  accounts more then others or maybe some notice more then others. All I do know is it took a lot of the fun out by knowing that the team is designated to win or lose regardless of how well I do. In several cases in last few days  I will have 4-5 kills and my bots 0 all my team alive, enemy down to 3 players bots with human dead, were leading the board then bam  3 of my bots crash with nothing chasing them, 1 shot down by AA  and round mysteriously ends with me shot down and one enemy bot usually a soldier not veteran with 4 kills . It feels like no matter how well I do when the RNG is set against me it finds a way to turn out its meant results. I know a lot of you who laughed at me about the RNG from 2 patches ago are now feeling the patterns of it. This patch is bad between how long the MM takes and short the rounds last mixed with RNG. Everything else is normal and im glad that rubberbanding is gone. But this RNG is making me a violent man when I have never possessed that trait in my life. I obviously am a passionate person about things I care about and this is my off time enjoyment. WG needs to quit playing with my emotion. :izmena:

ArrowZ_ #17 Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9005 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

This is more related to GAs being completely useless in the new meta in 1.9 where destroying planes gives more points/resets than GTs. If strafing GTs in 1.9 was more rewarding then GAs would be more viable but I don't see that happening to this arcadaic of a game considering how easy it is to point your nose to a GT and spray & pray whilst pewpewing with rockets and farting bombs here & there.

I've always thought they missed the mark badly with the standard mode. It's lackluster at best. Maybe in another mode in the next WOWP life time, strafing GTs might be more rewarding and fun. But I doubt Persha has the brains to conjure up another game mode. Look at what happened to Battle Against the Bots. That didn't last long. Scrapped & thrown out of the window.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 24 March 2016 - 01:01 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

CS_Storms #18 Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• 21361 battles
  • [SF] SF
beware mack, if you make a post that has anything to do with stats a flame war will start
Beatitudo est de insidiosa carcerem

Check out my Youtube Channel! www.youtube.com/channel/UCVHXTB2ENFkHJRSZm4gSCew/feed

SystemRename_999888 #19 Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22923 battles

Who cares?  Stats in this game became permanently meaningless the moment they introduced bots in PvP.

Worrying about stats in this game is like worrying about who had better berths and shuffleboard scores on the Titanic.

A deeper understanding of the difference between a fad and a fashion statement will enable you to win a fashion fueled guessing game. 

Tonzzo #20 Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

Captain

• 19554 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostBotCDR, on 24 March 2016 - 03:54 AM, said:

Who cares?  Stats in this game became permanently meaningless the moment they introduced bots in PvP.

Worrying about stats in this game is like worrying about who had better berths and shuffleboard scores on the Titanic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users