Joystick graphs

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Jetway #1 Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15513 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
So I'm going to be trying the joystick out again and wondered if anyone had any graphs they really liked?  In my limited experience with the stock ones I find myself always over correcting in everything I do.  The thing seems way too touchy. Any help would be appreciated.

Jetway.png

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game

CaptainJoeyCusack #2 Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9264 battles
  • [JRKS] JRKS

View PostJetway, on 21 March 2016 - 11:43 AM, said:

So I'm going to be trying the joystick out again and wondered if anyone had any graphs they really liked?  In my limited experience with the stock ones I find myself always over correcting in everything I do.  The thing seems way too touchy. Any help would be appreciated.

Yea I would love to use JS myself but always find myself back to mouse after a few rounds. I cant get use to it and get disorientated. I have tried 2 diff JS and no matter how I set them up I fly worse then a drunk monkey on lsd while having his eyeballs removed. A few of my friends improved a lot by switching to JS. I guess maybe im bent or broken or am doing something wrong.

The RU forums have a ton of graphs and mapping inputs in XML and other forms that they share and many of them are for recent patches. 

One tip that did help me that I never knew about if anyone uses a gaming mouse that uses acceleration. You want to turn that feature off or if it doesnt turn off use a reg mouse. I could never get my hit ratio above 12% yet felt that I was on target. Then I learned that never use acceleration with shooting/aiming games. Anyways my hit ratio almost doubled after I turned it off.

RedSpartacus #3 Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17105 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

I'm using a JS right from the beginning.

Best way to set up your JS is to break down the complexity. Start with slow flying GA and not with a jet. Adjust pitch only. Once this is set up go for the next axle.

Fly straight towards a GT then aim if you see the reticle bouncing up and down doing only minor movements weaken the signal input.

You can do this looking at the graph in the settings.

Leave all functions like launch a rocket on the keyboard in the beginning. Your brain needs to get used to the new tool. After a while attach more and more in game functions to the JS buttons.

Don't expect magic in the beginning, you need to fly some battles to get used to it.

Tip: Calibrate your JS in Windows first!

Edited by RedSpartacus, 21 March 2016 - 06:43 PM.

RUN WITH THE PACK

Psicko23 #4 Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18531 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Jetway, I'm using bobozeebear's joystick setup. His works really well. I'm on my phone right now, so I can't post it. If I get a chance I will. I'll 

Jetway #5 Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15513 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPsicko23, on 21 March 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

Jetway, I'm using bobozeebear's joystick setup. His works really well. I'm on my phone right now, so I can't post it. If I get a chance I will. I'll 

Lol well I had posted this because I wanted to play some with it today and didn't think I'd see him until tonight but he was on when I logged.  For anyone struggling with JS like me, try his settings.  They made all the difference for me.  3 aces so far in like 6 battles.  Before that I was lucky if I could hit a plane much less shoot one down lol.

Jetway.png

CaptainJoeyCusack #6 Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:27 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9264 battles
  • [JRKS] JRKS

View PostJetway, on 21 March 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

Lol well I had posted this because I wanted to play some with it today and didn't think I'd see him until tonight but he was on when I logged.  For anyone struggling with JS like me, try his settings.  They made all the difference for me.  3 aces so far in like 6 battles.  Before that I was lucky if I could hit a plane much less shoot one down lol.

Can you please post his settings or pm it if you prefer to not publish it?  I would love to use my JS and start learning to have fun with it.

Thank you

BobozeeBear #7 Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 23801 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I'm always happy to share my stick settings with anyone in need, PM me in game and I'll get you over to our TS and get you set up right.

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

CaptainJoeyCusack #8 Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:22 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9264 battles
  • [JRKS] JRKS

View PostBobozeeBear, on 21 March 2016 - 03:23 PM, said:

I'm always happy to share my stick settings with anyone in need, PM me in game and I'll get you over to our TS and get you set up right.

Man I dont care what jetway says about you, Your allright in my book. Much appreciated :teethhappy:

GouIdy #9 Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• 17887 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBobozeeBear, on 21 March 2016 - 05:23 PM, said:

View PostCaptainJoeyCusack, on 21 March 2016 - 06:22 PM, said:

Man I dont care what jetway says about you, Your allright in my book. Much appreciated :teethhappy:

Ya go to Drac's ts so Bobo can show you his stick settings   :hiding:

Edited by GouIdy, 21 March 2016 - 10:28 PM.

Magnum62 #10 Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 20584 battles
  • [-D_D-] -D_D-
A

View PostBobozeeBear, on 21 March 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

Are you using the Microsoft JS?  Thank you sir for your time.
A bulldog can whip a skunk, but sometimes it's not worth it." - J. Nowell 

CaptainJoeyCusack #11 Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 9264 battles
  • [JRKS] JRKS

View PostGouIdy, on 21 March 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

Ya go to Drac's ts so Bobo can show you his stick settings   :hiding:

Wait, all of a sudden I feel like im gonna be shown something that I was always told to tell someone of authority if it happens to me. All I wanted was to learn how to play my stick but instead learned how to play someone else's stick. :facepalm:

Jetway #12 Posted 22 March 2016 - 01:01 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15513 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
You want to learn how to play that joystick.  Bobo is the best that is left playing this game.  Bar none!!!!!  To be better than bobo is to be next to a higher power

Jetway.png

Mackunaima #13 Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

Im using now Logitech 3D Pro, before that I had a piece of sh*t,Genius 3D. Many times I use mouse and keyboard when Im too lazy to handle my stick. But when I want the best handling for aiming I do use my JS. I always used standard settings since closed beta.

Mouse + KB you will have a way better "window" to see your enemy when you are turning fight and is more easy to self orientation, you always can see the horizon.

JS you will have a way better handling, aiming and approach.

I do like both. Today I used only JS, yesterday ( was sunday and I was lazy and a bit drunk ) I just used Mouse + KB.

Best regards,

Mack

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Lou #14 Posted 22 March 2016 - 02:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7471 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I made a nice forum post a year or two ago about the Logitech wingman pro and setting it up for this game that I cannot find. It's good for many controllers, I really need to post a update

Anyway I dug this up. It has great info, I hope it helps!

http://forum.worldof...ogitech#topmost

RedSpartacus #15 Posted 22 March 2016 - 12:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17105 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

I've no access to the game at the moment but there is a slider in the settings before you reach the JS calibration window.

I think it's called something like automatic rudder compensation. If you have it on 100% the program will adjust the rudders and interferes with your joystick input.

If you move this slider let's say to 75% you can see that the nose goes up (or down?) when setting the flaps. So you need to compensate the nick moment by your own.

Flying a roll you realize that your plane spins downwards to the earth because you need appropriate rudder in order to keep the plane horizontally.

Is there anybody having this slider not set to 100% and gains some advantages like being able to flip a plane faster ?

RUN WITH THE PACK

Pogo68 #16 Posted 26 March 2016 - 02:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17650 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostRedSpartacus, on 22 March 2016 - 04:04 AM, said:

I've no access to the game at the moment but there is a slider in the settings before you reach the JS calibration window.

I think it's called something like automatic rudder compensation. If you have it on 100% the program will adjust the rudders and interferes with your joystick input.

If you move this slider let's say to 75% you can see that the nose goes up (or down?) when setting the flaps. So you need to compensate the nick moment by your own.

Flying a roll you realize that your plane spins downwards to the earth because you need appropriate rudder in order to keep the plane horizontally.

Is there anybody having this slider not set to 100% and gains some advantages like being able to flip a plane faster ?

I turn it totally off.

The freedom of rudder input allows me to increase my roll rate as well as allowing me to adjust my aim while in a turn without reducing my turn rate.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Lou #17 Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7471 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Found my post.

This is old, and I've tweaked my actual settings some, but the top picture shows visually what I refer to as my graph looking like an "S".

The way it works is like the exponential adjustment for Radio Controlled planes, cars, etc. A slight movement makes a a slight movement, but the farther you move your control from a neutral position, the faster the reaction, and the more extreme the movement becomes.

Edited by Lou, 01 April 2016 - 06:05 PM.

Pogo68 #18 Posted 02 April 2016 - 12:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 17650 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Did they change the joystick sensitivity?

Been really roll happy and twitchy since the last patch.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users