Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SF] SF

Week 3 [SF] vs [TFE]

5 battles

[TFE] - 3

[SF] - 1

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

PostTraumatic #23 Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:01 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 188 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

guys and gals I am going to be altering the rules to match the spirit of this event.  This is a league of HIGH FLYERS.  I have seen some exploit action by talented clans that is outside the scope of this contest.  This contest is intended to create clean aerial battles at altitude.  If both teams agree the nature of that can be changed but the default rules need to stimulate straight forward battles in the air.  I stated the intent of the nature of this to be an aerial contest during the initial rules discussions but somehow that part was not translated into the final rules.  That is my fault for not being clear enough on that point.

I witnessed a team go straight for GT's and turn around and hide over their AA.  This is not what this contest is designed for.  If everyone did that kind of tactic then it would be a very lame battle for everyone.  So look for rule clarifications and alterations that will apply to all teams for week 4.  What is good for the one is not good for the many and it needs to be good for the many.

I could understand this being done by a team that is on the ropes but I do not want to encourage these kinds of cheap shot tactics in any battles.

The clanss that did it made it work.  Did they need to?  no.  They had plenty of skill to simply go out and fight head to head.  So changes will be made to have this be an aerial combat set of default rules.  

I have tried to remove GA from the contest to make this all about fighting as a team at altitude.  I will reinforce that with a revised and clarified rule-set.

Otherwise the battles have been great and the exploit was completely unnecessary.  So no need to contest it.  

I will just make the rules match the intended spirit of the event exactly.

IE go fight a clean straight forward fight and do not attempt cheap tricks to win.

Rules will be edited tonight for the beginning of Week 4 tomorrow.  All changes are to further match the overall intended spirit of this event.

I want to clarify also that this has happened with multiple clans not singling one out.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 08 April 2016 - 02:09 AM.

PostTraumatic #24 Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:45 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 188 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Week 3 is complete.  Welcome to Week 4.  

There is a rule addendum for week 4 and beyond. (see the PM or read the threads)

I am glad I got this post updated before our hyper-reactive and biased mod crew chooses to get ban happy again.  They need to maintain their value to the game so I do not fault them for making a real difference in the game...

Week 4  ........................
                            HOME           AWAY

Edited by PostTraumatic, 16 April 2016 - 05:10 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #25 Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:09 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

:facepalm:

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 21 October 2016 - 04:46 AM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

EspressoForHammy #26 Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:33 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
My offer still stands too. I'll help anyone learn how to beat pesky low-flying fighters hitting GTs and then running back to AA. The spirit of the event is to fly high and work top down.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

MARS_REVENANT #27 Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:41 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 11 April 2016 - 02:33 PM, said:

My offer still stands too. I'll help anyone learn how to beat pesky low-flying fighters hitting GTs and then running back to AA. The spirit of the event is to fly high and work top down.

Sounds like a challenge...http://forum.worldof...100#entry628100

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

MelBrooks #28 Posted 14 April 2016 - 03:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

PT,

Warhawks 3 SF 1

Excellent games and great bunch of good sports, hope to do it again soon! ( damn I used soon, sorry )

EspressoForHammy #29 Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:40 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

[content moderated - non constructive/off topic]
- Yshoneist

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

MelBrooks #30 Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Do we need to include them in our parole officer / AA / Anger Management meetings every Tuesday?

oldiowaguy #31 Posted 14 April 2016 - 12:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 78 battles

View PostPurdue1987, on 14 April 2016 - 06:30 AM, said:

Do we need to include them in our parole officer / AA / Anger Management meetings every Tuesday?

Speaking from experience, don't miss the court appointed ones either!:hiding:

BobozeeBear #32 Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Nudged...

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

PostTraumatic #33 Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:25 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 188 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Ok Peep$ it is Friday, another week is gone and we have a fresh set of clans to battle.

Here is this weeks lineup:

Week 5  ........................
                      HOME           AWAY

Edited by PostTraumatic, 16 April 2016 - 05:10 PM.

CrayoIaCrayon #34 Posted 15 April 2016 - 05:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I must say that myself as well as all the dracs are loving this tournament.  Thanks PT!  The only problem I have is we have had between 16 and 25 guys show up every week ready to play and all but TFE have brought basically bare minimum to play and we still haven't seen a 15 on 15.  Dracs is supposed to be inactive with just a skeleton crew playing as the rumors go and yet we seem to be the only clan that wants/can field a larger team.  What's the deal guys?  I'm tired of having so many guys sitting that show up to play.

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

PostTraumatic #35 Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:26 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 188 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

While it is nice to have larger battles and this league is set up to allow for it if both sides are stacked with enough players, the minimum is 7.  Other tournaments have had similar player restraints.  At least here if we can run more people then we do it...  This is not a perfect setup I agree but we are all working with limited players.  Which is a symptom of a declining population.

You guys did have big battles against WS right?  I am sure when you battle Vulcan that we will do our best to bring 15.

On the upswing it seems this league is at least doing what it set out to do.  Bring clans back together regularly.  It has worked for you and it has worked for us. I think it is also working for the other participants to varying degrees.  

Ultimately, it is up to those clans to get the word out and get their own players on the flight-line.  I do not like to see apathy when it comes to competition so I call on everyone in the clans to Get your people in there by all means at your disposal.  Those in clans that are participating that have been reading this but not participating, What are you waiting for?  The big human vs human battles are WAY MORE FUN than bot battles I assure you and the chances to do this are few and far between until now.  at least this way if you are involved then you know that you will have these battles almost every week instead of never.  Again this is the first League season.  I hope it builds to be more next season and beyond.

Also, the sad thing to see is that there are MANY players in small clans that will never re-surge that have like 1 or 2 players that are active.  If those players added to more active clans then we would all have plenty of active players.  

So to all clans that want to compete, Either build your clan member base or allow your players that want to compete to add to competing clans.  

To all players that wish to compete but are not in a competing clan, Consider going to a clan that competes actively.

It is pretty much that simple, use it or lose it.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 15 April 2016 - 06:27 PM.

oldiowaguy #36 Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 78 battles

View PostJetway, on 15 April 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

I must say that myself as well as all the dracs are loving this tournament.  Thanks PT!  The only problem I have is we have had between 16 and 25 guys show up every week ready to play and all but TFE have brought basically bare minimum to play and we still haven't seen a 15 on 15.  Dracs is supposed to be inactive with just a skeleton crew playing as the rumors go and yet we seem to be the only clan that wants/can field a larger team.  What's the deal guys?  I'm tired of having so many guys sitting that show up to play.

I believe we had 11 or 12 there that night. And we played up to tier 9. Give us a little credit Jet.:facepalm:

Edited by oldiowaguy, 15 April 2016 - 06:36 PM.

BobozeeBear #37 Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
No slight towards WHAWK Iowa, you have brought the most of any team we've faced yet. Kudos to PT with his 'bowling league night' ;) and Jetway/Purdue with Air raid 8 in getting Dracarys competition juices going again. Like Jet said we have 20+ guys coming out of the woodwork, some that we haven't seen in months wanting to play. unfortunately WS couldn't pull a large group together so it ended as an 8 vs 8 match. We are still hoping for that 15 v 15 match...soon tm ?

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

oldiowaguy #38 Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 78 battles
Don't worry, Bobo, no offence taken! Was just giving Jet a little guff! He needs it every now and then to keep him humble :trollface:.

CrayoIaCrayon #39 Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Of course Warhawks were fun to fly against and easy to work with as always:) and you provided us with our most nail biting, awesome battle yet

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

CrazyHeinz #40 Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:27 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPostTraumatic, on 15 April 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

Ok Peep$ it is Friday, another week is gone and we have a fresh set of clans to battle.

Here is this weeks lineup:

Week 5  ........................
                      HOME           AWAY

You do mean 8pm eDt, correct? Don't want a persnickety rule hound to claim otherwise. 8pm EST would be 9pm EDT.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users