Old Video

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Mr_D_Duck #41 Posted 20 March 2016 - 05:16 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTonzzo, on 19 March 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:

the real question is. With everything just the way they wanted.  Why is the population smaller? And more importantly why is it that Top & Duck play far less now then they did back in the 3 man flight days?  There own actions conflict with what they are saying....  We may need to ration their Koolaid intake....

I guess your POST require a response ... even though I think ... you might find it hard to comprehend.  See,  I play when I have some available time ... little things like family and kids (even grown up ones) and of course grand kids as well as real life friends in addition to yard work and house work and my Shop hobbies uses up my WOP's time.  All that is called a REAL LIFE, but as you can see ... I am Still Here and Still Playing My Way !!!

PS.  I take it that Koolaid is your drink of choice ...  I prefer Coffee with a little jigger of some good stuff ... you know like grown-ups drink.

CLOSED BETA -> 1008 ------ OPEN BETA -> 2891 ------ LIVE -> 6210 +

T1/5 Planes @ 306 flights - 61.76% {L.G.P. - Feb 2015} ----- T2/15 Planes @ 306 flights - "95% completed"

T3/14 Planes |-----| T4/12 Planes |-----| T5/16 Planes |-----| T6/ 1 Plane (so far)

Still Here & Still playing, The Game - MY WAY !

Tophatfire #42 Posted 20 March 2016 - 08:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMr_D_Duck, on 20 March 2016 - 12:16 AM, said:

I guess your POST require a response ... even though I think ... you might find it hard to comprehend.  See,  I play when I have some available time ... little things like family and kids (even grown up ones) and of course grand kids as well as real life friends in addition to yard work and house work and my Shop hobbies uses up my WOP's time.  All that is called a REAL LIFE, but as you can see ... I am Still Here and Still Playing My Way !!!

PS.  I take it that Koolaid is your drink of choice ...  I prefer Coffee with a little jigger of some good stuff ... you know like grown-ups drink.

Putting extra periods between sentences doesn't make your content spontaneously start to make more sense on its own.  I wish there was a gold surcharge for gratuitous use of the ellipse.

If you like the game in its current state and think it's in a good place then congratulations.  But if you're really so happy with the state of things, why do you have to keep coming here and going on about it?

Mr_D_Duck #43 Posted 20 March 2016 - 05:20 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostBotCDR, on 20 March 2016 - 01:19 AM, said:

Putting extra periods between sentences doesn't make your content spontaneously start to make more sense on its own.  I wish there was a gold surcharge for gratuitous use of the ellipse.

If you like the game in its current state and think it's in a good place then congratulations.  But if you're really so happy with the state of things, why do you have to keep coming here and going on about it?

While clearly your post is directed personally and IS NOT AT ALL ON TOPIC ........................... I will try to ANSWER YOUR QUESTION highlighted ABOVE .............................  I come here to read and respond to interesting posts and try to absorb what little information my simple little mind can comprehend. .................. Since you have almost 4x the number of posts as I ... Why do YOU keep coming here and going on & on & on & on ?

CLOSED BETA -> 1008 ------ OPEN BETA -> 2891 ------ LIVE -> 6210 +

T1/5 Planes @ 306 flights - 61.76% {L.G.P. - Feb 2015} ----- T2/15 Planes @ 306 flights - "95% completed"

T3/14 Planes |-----| T4/12 Planes |-----| T5/16 Planes |-----| T6/ 1 Plane (so far)

Still Here & Still playing, The Game - MY WAY !

Tonzzo #44 Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:51 AM

Captain

• 702 battles

[content moderated - general insults]

-grimpoteuthis 

Edited by Grimpoteuthis, 21 March 2016 - 06:06 PM.

TeamTerrible #45 Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostTonzzo, on 21 March 2016 - 01:51 AM, said:

[content moderated - general insults]

-grimpoteuthis 

Well this is what happens when your upside down with your head under the water for extended periods of time.

Edited by Grimpoteuthis, 21 March 2016 - 06:06 PM.

Tonzzo #46 Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:36 PM

Captain

• 702 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 21 March 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

Well this is what happens when your upside down with your head under the water for extended periods of time.

I believe it's called self loathing................ 

F50ACE #47 Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:45 PM

Boom'N'Zoom rights activist

• Community Ace
  • 8 battles
  • [PTATO] PTATO
Meanwhile, wows has team battles and wowp is yet to introduce anything remotely similar in the near 3 years I've been around. However, I still see some are complaining about flights, now waiting on Persha to nerf 2 person flights since there's videos of 2 person flights wrecking whole teams.

Tonzzo #48 Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:09 PM

Captain

• 702 battles

View PostCaptain_F22ACE, on 21 March 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

Meanwhile, wows has team battles and wowp is yet to introduce anything remotely similar in the near 3 years I've been around. However, I still see some are complaining about flights, now waiting on Persha to nerf 2 person flights since there's videos of 2 person flights wrecking whole teams.

There is also the videos of HF's flying solo and racking up big kill numbers vs bots....  Oh wait...  Top condones that...  NVM...  :hiding:

There is also a lot of statistical data that shows that some players do so well in low tiers that they never seem to ever progress...  Duck, Duck....  Speak to me Goose!

But your right...  They are all for eliminating flights and any amount of teamwork because nobody wants to be on their team....  :sceptic:

HoH_Wolfblitz #49 Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10 battles
Does anybody on this website know how to use "your" or "you're" correctly?

CrayoIaCrayon #50 Posted 21 March 2016 - 05:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
We fly dem planes and pew pew stuff.  Grammar is not something to be concerned with. Maybe it is for you since you don't fly anymore but the rest of us don't care what you're opinion is ;)

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

Tophatfire #51 Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCaptain_F22ACE, on 21 March 2016 - 08:45 AM, said:

It's also the only game that essentially lacks a PVP mode.

This game is basically Wargaming's Senior Citizens Outreach Program at this point.

Tonzzo #52 Posted 21 March 2016 - 07:55 PM

Captain

• 702 battles

View PostHoH_Wolfblitz, on 21 March 2016 - 05:25 PM, said:

Does anybody on this website know how to use "your" or "you're" correctly?

Doe's matter....  They are dear to me...  They are deer too.... 

Hope that makes you feel better! Get well soon™!  :honoring:

MagusGerhardt #53 Posted 23 March 2016 - 01:16 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 786 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTopsight, on 19 March 2016 - 09:48 AM, said:

Population plummeted prior to taking 3 man flights out. It is the main reason (3 man flights) we lost several thousand. Then when it became harder for these 3 man flight juggernauts (nerfed to 2 man flights) to down planes in large numbers and win after win they left dropping the population even more. To this day many are afraid to come back because 3 man flights, for the most part is the only way they can have a good run and win against the enemy team. Two man flights were instituted (wonder why?) and even two tier spreads just don't do it for them anymore so they chickened out of the game.  Bottom line... if it don't work... fix it or close it. They fixed it to save it no matter how small the population is now and the population has come up very slowly since they nerfed 3 man flights added 2 tier spreads when needed. Then added bots to at least try to make the game more challenging despite the shortcomings of the AI aircraft. Case closed.

Population?  Population was garbage from launch.  Our opening weekend we had just over 3000 concurrent players logged in during primetime.  That number only went down from then on, with minor positive spikes after the first 6 or 7 major patches to try out the new things offered and see if the game was any better than it was at launch.  Those spikes never lasted longer than a week because with each patch the Devs monkeyed with how the planes actually flew, making major changes to controls and flight dynamics.  It was a source of great frustration for new players and testers alike because each time this happened you basically had to learn how to fly each plane all over again?  If your response to this is disbelief do your due diligence and use the forum time machine to see what the most populous complaints were back then.

Sure, there were complaints about flights as well, issued mostly by the "1v1 me, bro" crowd that think that personal skill and solo excellence is the calling card of greatness in a game based around teams, clans and teamwork.  Why those self absorbed players were seeking fulfillment here rather than in a single player game I can't explain.  I'm not one of them.  I like flying with friends, saving their bacon and having my [edited]pulled out of the fire in return.

Again I must point out that by Dev admission flights were reduced from three members to two because the Devs couldn't get their automatic flight building tool to create a three man squad.  Your beef against teamwork is so great that you ignore this provable fact over and over again and even attribute the game's modest population upswing to the flight reduction.  Let me give you a brief recent history lesson, then.  Population *continued* to decline as an overall trend after the flight reduction.  Population continued to dwindle until 1.9.0 when the bots were instituted, making the game playable again.  That is the ONLY reason that population has increased since last November; there were no other major changes made to the game at that time or since.  Consider your theory busted.

Also, you may want to reconsider how you present your arguments.  You have the Duck in your camp now, and that doesn't do you any favors.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

EspressoForHammy #54 Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:28 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 22 March 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

You have the Duck in your camp now, and that doesn't do you any favors.

One of the most hilarious and truthful sentences ever written! +1 good sir.

FEAR THE DUCK!

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

ViolentAngel #55 Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 22 March 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

.. a lot of good stuff ...

Good hunting!  :honoring:

cannot disagree - well stated.

"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users