Tonzzo #22 Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:42 PM

Captain

• 532 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostJetway, on 18 March 2016 - 04:45 PM, said:

"there are no mediocre pilots, only the aces and the gun fodder."

Jet,

Did you not read my last post.....  How Rude indeed.....  :D

Please put down the Soda (or Bourbon) and pick up a tall glass of Koolaid.... Come hang out with us in Guyana....  :P

We love all gods creatures and you really need a hug...

Mr_D_Duck #23 Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:46 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 18 March 2016 - 09:21 AM, said:

I don't fly with a stat-based mindset. I just enjoy the battle. I win some; I lose some. Sure winning is better, but either way at the end of the day I had fun. I don't get upset if I lose a few in a row. It was different when 3 person flights of skilled players on comms sat for hours in the same 3 OP planes stomping all comers. That wasn't fun as I've made clear in my earlier posts.

Could the HIGHLIGHTED above be actually true ?  I am sure no one here would confess ... but we know who caused the above mentioned problem ... don't we !!!

CLOSED BETA -> 1008 ------ OPEN BETA -> 2891 ------ LIVE -> 6210 +

T1/5 Planes @ 306 flights - 61.76% {L.G.P. - Feb 2015} ----- T2/15 Planes @ 306 flights - "95% completed"

T3/14 Planes |-----| T4/12 Planes |-----| T5/16 Planes |-----| T6/ 1 Plane (so far)

Still Here & Still playing, The Game - MY WAY !

Tonzzo #24 Posted 18 March 2016 - 05:57 PM

Captain

• 532 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostMr_D_Duck, on 18 March 2016 - 05:46 PM, said:

but we know who caused the above mentioned problem ... don't we !!!

Um.... I think I know the answer to that......

Sojo #25 Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Why is it that people who claim that they're only here to have fun and play the game their way, win or lose are always the bitterest complainers?

Besides, you got what you wanted.  No more flights of 3, no one left to play against but bots and the game is flat, stupid and boring now instead.  Whee.

ArrowZ_ #26 Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:10 PM

Captain

• Open Beta Tester
  • 1049 battles

If people got what they wanted there wouldn't be a single existence of flights or bots in the game today. Every battle would have an equal proportion of similarly skilled players on each side, equal proportion of plane types & category with no tier spread. Although at this point if this game had gone that route it would have shut down a year ago considering the slow decline of players since 2014. So in a way Bots saved this game regardless of how many refuse to accept that fact. The 30min 3v3 battles was the major damage done to this game caused by WG & Persha's lack of awareness of the failures of their game and not acting in time to apply "band-aid" patches to save it. Nobody had the patience to wait more than 5min for a 3v3 battle especially in Tier 1 where (lol) the newcomers would initiate their first experience with WOWP.

Opinions are opinions. I used to hate flights with a passion even before release. It ran rampant much worse than what is shown in the OP's video. If you thought that was badly imbalanced, OBT was 10x worse. At every battle in every turn Flights were present in every battle. A brutal first few months of getting pounded to the dirt one battle after the other. This is where you'll find players will split into 3 attitudes: One who will persevere and accept the challenge, the other who think that if you can't beat em might as well join em, the last who will ragequit and accept defeat & rather than rectifying their mistakes, they would blame others and the game for their misfortunes. I found myself in between & for quite a length in time I felt volumes of bitterness at the individuals who displayed what is clearly shown in the OP's video. Gave a few distasteful slanders that, looking back, I regret having said at first. But that didn't stop me in aspiring to become better as a WOWP player. Achieving higher goals and overcoming all challenges thrown at my direction. Disadvantaged in latency but I compensated for the delays & got used to it. Learnt the differing playstyles of many planes, failed many times. Retry'd 100 times just to get an aircraft right. Some clicked while others took a bit more time to learn. Spectated a few skilled players who flew the aircrafts the correct way. Eventually I got there meeting a few helpful people along the way like Alex who (still today) gives great pointers on how to play the game the way it's meant to be played. Joined a clan and stayed for what seemed like the longest 14 months that I have ever invested my time on any clan association. Passed down my experiences and trained some of the most promising players who in the end shined & out bested me. If not for the constant client updates I would have had a wealth of replays back in beta to share of the exceptional battles being fought on both sides including the flights I encountered. 'Twas quite the laser show.

In all my time invested in an MMO game, nothing has been more involving than WOWP when it comes to interacting with live players & people for that matter. For the longest time I've tried to understand why few favour the flight-teamwork aspect of the game over lonewolf solo play. Then I realized why when I joined and spent considerable time in a clan. Teamwork is the one aspect that results in success in WOWP. Especially when Teamwork is cemented into Flights. The allure of being with 3 other people working together not only comes from unison teamwork but also the ability to communicate with one another through VOIP apps. It was a social aspect that pulled a great many players to gather and have fun whilst flighting with each other. This realization made me understand why I kept seeing those flights in the past years with the same reoccuring names. To my own fault of understanding, they were just having balls of fun in 3 man flights blasting through a 100 randoms in their favourite aircrafts over and over and over and over again. If there was one thing that I would have liked to see changed in development in the past when 15v15 & flights were at their highest is if they had tweaked it so flights would see other flights more often. I would argue that this would present a greater challenge for those in flights & would encourage them to improve on their teamwork. While this was present a few times back then, it wasn't reoccuring often enough to entertain the flights that wanted to see a challenge. Which the perception of flights stomping in the same tier with the same planes over and over again was generated & god was this frowned upon.

Oh well... WOWP had its days & frustrations. I've seen my share of exceptional players, trolls, [edited]-hats etc. I don't have the same motivation as I used to have 2 years ago playing this game. But it still is reasonably fun today. Just a shame the way they handled the Flight concept of this game. It could have been so much more than just Flights in Standard mode. I wanted to see a Squadron mode designed into WOWP where flight teamwork would go past from 3 to a full 15 wingmen. But Persha just doesn't have the vision required to think outside the box. WOWP today is a shell of what it used to be back in the day. Funny that. Usually with these many development cycle a game evolves into a more fullfilled one with tonnes of content. All I can say at this point is enjoy all of it while it lasts. Like all MMOs WOWP will die. I've already accepted what this game has come to & await the inevitable shutdown. But boy was it fun from the start.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

WOWP 2.0 Videos Playlist

Mr_D_Duck #27 Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:48 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTonzzo, on 18 March 2016 - 10:57 AM, said:

Um.... I think I know the answer to that......

Well we finally agree on something !

T1/5 Planes @ 306 flights - 61.76% {L.G.P. - Feb 2015} ----- T2/15 Planes @ 306 flights - "95% completed"

T3/14 Planes |-----| T4/12 Planes |-----| T5/16 Planes |-----| T6/ 1 Plane (so far)

Mr_D_Duck #28 Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:51 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostBotCDR, on 18 March 2016 - 11:28 AM, said:

Why is it that people who claim that they're only here to have fun and play the game their way, win or lose are always the bitterest complainers?

Besides, you got what you wanted.  No more flights of 3, no one left to play against but bots and the game is flat, stupid and boring now instead.  Whee.

Stupid & Boring ... I beg to disagree. Game gets better everyday and with each problems solving patch.

Tonzzo #29 Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:16 PM

Captain

• 532 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostBotCDR, on 18 March 2016 - 06:28 PM, said:

I often wondered the same thing...  More so was why WG would cater to such whims.  However we have heard many times from WG that "game meta's" of how we play the game vs the RU folks play the game is "different"... And WG loves to make comments about how we are such simple people in the west...  Case in point...

With some of the comments and "dumb down" requests being made...  You almost have to agree with them....  But these changes to "Dumb Down" the game comes from the RU folks...  The Development teams give us zero input really...  The 3 man flight removal had nothing to do with our "game meta" Although WG did try and plead the case that this was why...  They only later admitted it was due to their inability to develop the "flight finder function" to make 3 man flights so they simply limited flights to 2....  Each decision chasing off more and more of the population of this game.

I found it compellingly obvious when I started a RU account.  The way they play the game is obviously different.  However I found with nearly triple the lag/ping the game was far easier due to the lack of skill found there.  Its literally a pub rush to see who can engage the enemy first.... I could only imagine what our best players could do with a manageable ping.

The fact is the majority of the players that WG devs listen to are the ones that need the game dumbed down so they can have "fun" rather then be challenged by it content.  The idea of being expected to work as a "team" means that a certain amount of dedication to the game would need to take place....  This to those people makes it "not fun" and so they want it removed....

I want my 3 man flights even if that means I will face better 3 man flights....  I want to be challenged not coddled...

Even funnier is the people who were all for the removal of 3 man flights play the game far less now then they did then....  Seems so odd don't it?  :rolleyes:

Tonzzo #30 Posted 18 March 2016 - 11:31 PM

Captain

• 532 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostMr_D_Duck, on 18 March 2016 - 10:48 PM, said:

Well we finally agree on something !

Wait....  You want to drink the hot Koolaid?

Hurray!  Mikey's all grown up!

Sojo #31 Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMr_D_Duck, on 18 March 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

Stupid & Boring ... I beg to disagree. Game gets better everyday and with each problems solving patch.

I guess if all you want to do is spend time in single-player mode at the bottom tiers stomping the newest players and the least intelligent bots, then the game might be fun.

But to the rest of us who were hoping for a challenging game we could play with our friends and who wanted to explore the other 60% of the game's content, calling this thing a disappointment is something of an understatement. 

Mr_D_Duck #32 Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:44 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostBotCDR, on 18 March 2016 - 09:01 PM, said:

I guess if all you want to do is spend time in single-player mode at the bottom tiers stomping the newest players and the least intelligent bots, then the game might be fun.

But to the rest of us who were hoping for a challenging game we could play with our friends and who wanted to explore the other 60% of the game's content, calling this thing a disappointment is something of an understatement.

Well we/you all have a choice. Like the great saying goes ... Love It Or Leave It !

TeamTerrible #33 Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:28 AM

First Lieutenant

• 228 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMr_D_Duck, on 18 March 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

Problem solving patch???

I'm sorry but I'd say their patches cause more harm than good.

Present population count backs that statement up

We used to have 3-4 times as many players so your remark pretty much requires some form of backing to how the game has gotten better yet people are still leaving

This should bring out a laugh or two

losttwo #34 Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:49 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I think the game was more fun when there were 3 man flights.

You had a choice to flight up with a more social aspect of the game.

The people complaining about 3 man flights are the ones that were not intelligent enough to switch plane or tiers.

I for one never had a problem facing 3 man flights back to back, even if I was grinding a plane for next level.

A couple of matches against really good pilots and I would switch tiers and planes to avoid them...simple solution to a simple problem.

The biggest problem I see from most people is the lack of understanding of how to play a game.

Many people come from a selfish self centered view point.

This is apparent when:

They complain because someone did not clear their tail

They whine about the OP aircraft ( instead of flying it )

They create squirrel theories about how the game is out to get them.

and many more

Topsight #35 Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 18 March 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

Well written red herring.

Let's discuss how often the AI's that have been inserted by the Devs do what you criticize those three for.  The answer is, quite rarely.  You have to dangle a bogey on your six in front of their face like a doggie treat before they'll bite.  Maybe that's changed in the recent patch.

Flight teamwork is different than full team teamwork.  If I join a flight I sign up to cover a friend or two's butts.  Conversely when I hit the "BATTLE" button flying solo I am NOT signing up to cover the butts of 14 random dudes.  I'm signing up to cover their butts when it's convenient and doable.

Take the anti flight axe out of here.  We told you and every other anti flighter what would happen when they were taken out; population plummeted.  Case closed.  :B

Population plummeted prior to taking 3 man flights out. It is the main reason (3 man flights) we lost several thousand. Then when it became harder for these 3 man flight juggernauts (nerfed to 2 man flights) to down planes in large numbers and win after win they left dropping the population even more. To this day many are afraid to come back because 3 man flights, for the most part is the only way they can have a good run and win against the enemy team. Two man flights were instituted (wonder why?) and even two tier spreads just don't do it for them anymore so they chickened out of the game.  Bottom line... if it don't work... fix it or close it. They fixed it to save it no matter how small the population is now and the population has come up very slowly since they nerfed 3 man flights added 2 tier spreads when needed. Then added bots to at least try to make the game more challenging despite the shortcomings of the AI aircraft. Case closed.

Edited by Topsight, 19 March 2016 - 05:03 PM.

Mr_D_Duck #36 Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:35 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTopsight, on 19 March 2016 - 09:48 AM, said:

Population plummeted prior to taking 3 man flights out. It is the main reason (3 man flights) we lost several thousand. Then when it became harder for these 3 man flight juggernauts (nerfed to 2 man flights) to down planes in large numbers and win after win they left dropping the population even more. To this day many are afraid to come back because 3 man flights, for the most part is the only way they can have a good run and win against the enemy team. Two man flights were instituted (wonder why?) and even two tier spreads just don't do it for them anymore so they chickened out of the game.  Bottom line... if it don't work... fix it or close it. They fixed it to save it no matter how small the population is now and the population has come up very slowly since they nerfed 3 man flights added 2 tier spreads when needed. Then added bots to at least try to make the game more challenging despite the shortcomings of the AI aircraft. Case closed.

Based on the well thought out ABOVE COMMENTS ... I rest my case. :)

Dsembr_Rein #37 Posted 19 March 2016 - 06:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 125 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Yep, those thousands who left because of the tyranny of 3 man flights all got together and decided that the release of patch 1.5 was the best time for them to leave and get their point across. This is totally plausible because thousands of players also colluded against one pilot and counted in just to make his life miserable. Well thought out indeed.

Tonzzo #38 Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:37 PM

Captain

• 532 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostDsembr_Rein, on 19 March 2016 - 06:48 PM, said:

Yep, those thousands who left because of the tyranny of 3 man flights all got together and decided that the release of patch 1.5 was the best time for them to leave and get their point across. This is totally plausible because thousands of players also colluded against one pilot and counted in just to make his life miserable. Well thought out indeed.

the real question is. With everything just the way they wanted.  Why is the population smaller? And more importantly why is it that Top & Duck play far less now then they did back in the 3 man flight days?  There own actions conflict with what they are saying....  We may need to ration their Koolaid intake....

Sojo #39 Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostDsembr_Rein, on 19 March 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

It's a widely held misconception that 1.5/1.6 and the general mismanagement surrounding them led to the decline of the game.  The real reasons were the mass count-ins, people playing at certain times of day, Wargaming controlling people's win rates, and not enough people posting screenshots of head-on "engagements."

losttwo #40 Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:19 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBotCDR, on 19 March 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

It's a widely held misconception that 1.5/1.6 and the general mismanagement surrounding them led to the decline of the game.  The real reasons were the mass count-ins, people playing at certain times of day, Wargaming controlling people's win rates, and not enough people posting screenshots of head-on "engagements."

you forgot head hunting and bounty rewards being posted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users