World of Warplanes - 1.9.4 Patch Release 03/17/16

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

AngryMayonnaise #41 Posted 17 March 2016 - 06:29 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 893 battles
Oh I see.....instead of rubberbanding my frame rate drops from 70 to 10....Well that's one solution I guess.

maulerarg #42 Posted 17 March 2016 - 10:25 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles
Personally, I think the ai of the bots has improved a lot.
It can be observed a "swarm" behaviour on the enemy ranks (mostly) that literally goes for the first one of our group like vultures. That´s a real improvement.
But...
...when the enemies act like that, our own bots go for the hunt of individual planes and involve on ridiculous dogfights while the enemy swarm destroys every single one of us; and that´s unfair (I mean 3v1 most of the time).
Is like when the turn to "hunt like eagles" is on the other side, the turn of "behive like disoriented seagulls" is on our own bots.
A "let all behive the same" would be a very good improvement. Just a suggestion.
Besides, the aiming system of our own planes are like we all have noob players at the guns; and I mean I´ve emptied entire clips to the point of overheat the guns and missed nearly all the shoots even when I have a perfect alignment between the crosshair and the aiming circle (sorry if I don´t manage the names ;-) ).
And when you shoot when you start to bank left or right, forget about aiming.
I can see that all of the above is to justify the new "call of a wingman" system, but I think to force you to use it downgrading the aim is a tactical mistake in the middle of a dogfight against the one that you are chasing and the other 2 that you have chasing you.
Other than that, I like the rest of the update ;-)

tanky_the_tank #43 Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View Postmaulerarg, on 17 March 2016 - 10:25 PM, said:

Personally, I think the ai of the bots has improved a lot.
It can be observed a "swarm" behaviour on the enemy ranks (mostly) that literally goes for the first one of our group like vultures. That´s a real improvement.
But...
...when the enemies act like that, our own bots go for the hunt of individual planes and involve on ridiculous dogfights while the enemy swarm destroys every single one of us; and that´s unfair (I mean 3v1 most of the time).
Is like when the turn to "hunt like eagles" is on the other side, the turn of "behive like disoriented seagulls" is on our own bots.
A "let all behive the same" would be a very good improvement. Just a suggestion.

This isn't new, read my bot teamwork post in suggestions for how it works. Bots try to gang up on one plane and ignore the rest, if they pick a fast or hard to kill plane they chase it all over map and get spread out. You don't WANT all your bots chasing one plane, the only time they should focus like that is during head on attacks. In middle of dogfight you want teammates COVERING each other not double teaming a plane someone's chasing. You want planes to stick together not all go racing off to kill someone running away. I'm making this too simple but heart of good teamwork is DON'T pile on one target all the time.

View Post Traurig_Yoda, on 14 March 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

another ridiculous remark by TtT.

tanky_the_tank #44 Posted 18 March 2016 - 02:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

First impressions, game runs fine, nothing horribly broken, bots turn to get behind you, bot GA's shoot at you but still very passive and easy to kill, low tier bots a little more aggressive, bot teammates occasionally listen to orders but usually go NEGATIVE.

HATE playing National Park map, if you start in weak corner you have to spend first few min RUNNING AWAY from enemy, fight can be over before you fight. Now it's making same thing happen higher tiers. PLEASE stop putting slow planes way apart from team.

Low tier separation looked like it was working, was mostly 1 v 1 now instead of a bunch of beginners mixed in. More boring than before.

I want to give impressions on MG buffs and high tier bot fighter teamwork but daily missions decided I had to play GA the whole time in order to get tokens. Daily missions still ruining freedom to play the planes you want, you can pick the right plane for daily missions and focus on finishing them, or you can do other stuff and never finish them, you can't finish lots of daily missions ALONG WITH other stuff unless everything lines up perfectly. Daily missions still want experienced players playing easy boring low tier battles, I don't understand why you want to make us do this.

View Post Traurig_Yoda, on 14 March 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

another ridiculous remark by TtT.

losttwo #45 Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:52 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 13642 battles
  • [SS-G1] SS-G1

Finally had a chance to play a few games.

Other than not experiencing rubber banding the game still seems to play the same.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users