PostTraumatic #1 Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:51 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20069 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

WARPLANES CLAN-tastrophy LEAGUE

Spring 2016

Section: 1  Basic Rules

-Must be part of the clan competing to play in the assigned battle or a sub-clan of that main clan family. Main clan family lead needs to state up-front if their sub-clans will fight together as one or as separate teams. Clan tag must have the main clan Family letters in it. (GW_S, GW_C, etc..)

(IE if all GW, SF, TFE subclans want to be one team under their main clan banner, they can if they choose or may separate to different teams along  sub-clan lines)  

-I will allow clans with very small roster to combine on a case by case basis.  Contact me. (must be approved prior to registration end date.)

-One Team Per Clan

-All members of that clan may be substituted into any match

-If a team runs a player that is not tagged in the clan they are competing for as registered, that team will forfeit the Match or matches the non-tagged player played in regardless of the results.

-All interested clans need to contact me directly by PM along with their assigned representative.  I will need to have that main contact name for communications purposes assigned in that post.

-Applying to the league indicates you have read and accepted the rules and are willing to be included based on its contents.

-All participating clans need to assign a main contact to be their liaison officer to myself and all other involved clans.  It will be this Clan representative that will discuss with the other clan representative ahead of time and decide who is setting up the room etc.  I put the responsibility of direct communication on the assigned Liaisons.  

-I do reserve the right to fly with my clan and settle disputes on rule clarifications impartially.

-All clans will be assigned Home team status on roughly half the weeks they play.

-Must be willing to set up the battle rooms on weeks that you are assigned the home team side.

-Rooms must be made to allow the showing of both teams planes upon line-up as both teams need to confirm the other team is in compliance with the rules and state readiness prior to hitting the battle button.  

-Room creator must have a ready signal and know the rules are meeting compliance prior to hitting the Battle button.  Once the battle button is hit, the battle results will stand unless it can be proven the ready indication was not given by the away team

-Battles will all be 7 on 7 minimum.  Number in any particular battle can be increased to up to 15 in a battle as long as teams are equal numbers for each battle and both teams agree.   If they do not agree then it will be a 7v7.

-There is NO ELIMINATION

-Must be able to field a minimum team of 7 for all battle tiers and weeks of battle.

-Must be willing to be flexible to some degree with other teams, within reason.

Section: 2   SCHEDULING

Final Registration date: Thursday, March 17, 2016

First Battle Week: 03/18 - 03/24

First Thursday night Battles: 03/24
End date: Unknown (based on number of clans that sign up)

-The number of weeks will be based on the number of participating clans.

-The schedule will be posted shortly after the final registration date.  At the time of schedule posting the start date and end date will be assigned.

-A Round of play will be one week at a time and it will start on friday and end on thursday on every week of the event.  (so on saturday you can agree to fight the upcoming thursday night battle as long as both clan contacts agree to that.)  If there is a no-show on the agreed upon night the battle falls to the default thursday night schedule.

-If a battle is fought on a night prior to that Thursday and the teams have no dispute and have turned in the results then this relieves them from battle on Thursday night.

-Every clan will battle all other clans involved.  Different clan for each every week based on schedule posted.   

-Each week there will be 4 battles between those clans.

-Battles are to be fought beginning at 8:00 PM EST on each Thursday night, HOWEVER, if opposing clan team captains get together and discusses having it on another day and time before/after that, it will be allowed.  

-Cut off time for the agreed upon battles for the week is 8PM Thursday.  Midnight on Thursday is the start/end of the battle week.

-Take 5 minute cool-down between battle if either team needs.

Section: 3   TIERS & MAPS

-Battles will be fought in training rooms

-Battles will be fought in tier 5,6,7,8 In that order

-One clan v clan set of (4) battles per week.  In case of a 2-2 tie for a night there will be a 5th battle to break the tie.

-Maps will be chosen by the home team.

-All 4 battles must be fought. (IE up to 4 points available each week to each clan)

-Score will be updated each Saturday or earlier if the results come in sooner.

Section: 4   PLANES

-Tiers, Planes, plane cap and all battle terms may be completely negotiated at the time of battle as long as both teams agree and the battle is fairly balanced for both teams.  Without prior agreement, the following rules will apply.

-Planes in tier 5,6,7,8 for the respective battle tier set

-No Attack Aircraft Unless agreed upon by both teams

-If BOTH TEAMS AGREE on having GA in any particular match, then both teams will have the option of bringing up to 2 GA. If both teams do not agree to allow GA then no GA are to go in the match. Running a GA without agreement will forfeit the match to the opposing team.

-Planes can be currently available or not.  IE There is NO REQUIREMENT that the plane be currently available.

-No more than two of a particular aircraft per team, per battle.

-No more than 2 heavy fighters can be used per team if 7 or 8 players.  3 heavy fighters if 9-12 players.  4 HF if 13-15.

-How many players that will be in the match are to be discussed by team captains at the time of battle and accepted by both sides prior to battle or the default 7v7 must go forward.

-Battles may be fought with less than 7 players by a team, however, the other team is under no obligation to match that team and may run any number of players up to the full 7.

Section: 5   SCORING

-  in a match with all default rules (nothing negotiated or altered) the first points scored in a match are to be scored by killing a plane by an enemy.  Hitting a GT to score the first battle points in a match will forfeit the match for the team that hit the ground target prior to a plane on either side being killed by the enemy.  Once a a plane is destroyed by either team then GT's are completely unlocked.  Only one plane on either team must perish to unlock the GT's.  If if any points are negotiated, other than tiers fought in, then this rule is not in effect.  This is only for battles using the default rule set.  Again, changing the tiers fought in does not relieve this rule from effect.

-Draws will count for ZERO points for both teams for that particular battle.

-Each battle is worth 1 point for the victorious team of each battle regardless of how many players in each battle.

-No shows from both teams will count as ZERO points for both teams.

-If both teams no-show then no points are awarded to either team for that week.

-No show only counts at the specified battle time of Thursday 8PM EST.  Otherwise if an earlier agreed upon time is missed, the designated Thursday night schedule must be met.

-No show by one team will give the other team that did show 4 points only on Thursday night.  If a prior arranged on an earlier night is missed it must be made up on Thursday.

-If a team drops out, then all remaining battles to be fought by that team will give 4 points to the teams they have not yet fought.

-The goal is points accumulation.  Team with the most points accrued over this period of time will win.

-If there is a tie on points between any two clans there will be a single tier 6 battle to break the tie.

-There will be no technical victory points awarded for any reasons other than no shows on Thursdays.  Otherwise all battles need to take place.  

-Make sure the rules are all being complied to and both teams signal they are ready before doing a countdown to start the match.  there is no hard start time, the point is to have a good clean battle where both teams are ready and compliant within the rules before signaling they are ready and starting the match.  Once the battle starts, the results are the results.  

-Battles must be fought for points if both teams show for all battles.

-Team representatives from each team should send me the weekly battle results for the previous week by Friday Midnight.

-There will be no ties for the week.  In the case both teams score 2 points each that night (ie 2-2), a fifth battle in tier 2 battle will be fought which will take one point for the evening from the losing team and gives that point to the winning team leaving the score that night for those teams, 3 to 1

-To be clear, any team may score 1 , 2 , 3 or 4 points on a respective night based on wins but no team will have a score of 2 for the night unless a draw has happened on at least one of the matches.

-Both teams accrue points for the night based on results. (0-4, 1-3, 3-1 or 4,0).  (If a draw occurs the score could be 1-2)

-A running score will be tallied weekly for each team based on results

Section: 6  PROTESTS

My PT Par & Grill TeamSpeak Channel will be used to discuss any rule clarifications or disputes.  66.55.131.26:9311.

I will clarify all rules and situations as they arise.  I will respond quickly to all concerns.

GhostPrime has stated he will officiate any disputes I cannot handle but cannot directly sponsor the event.

As long as everyone goes forward expecting to play to win by doing battle then there should not be any problems.  

Adhere to the rules set forth prior to hitting the Ready or Battle button.  Once you do battle or hit ready you are accepting whatever results transpire.

All judgements made will be to preserve the spirit of the event and are final.

Section: 7   AWARDS

I have approached WG and thus far they are not willing to give prizing… SO… We will play for the satisfaction of showing WG that we have a competitive active community regardless.

Also for the satisfaction of enjoying some good, friendly, regular competition and bragging rights.

Take screenshots of all battle results!

I will post the schedule after the Final Registration Date

Edited by PostTraumatic, 08 April 2016 - 06:20 PM.

PostTraumatic #2 Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:05 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20069 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

The following are the clans that have confirmed.  (I will update this post as more add in.)

I will also add their contact officer

VULCAN                    - PostTraumatic

WHAWK                    - oldiowaguy

DRACS                      - Jetway

WS                             - Caffan

SF/SF-S/SF-V/SF-G  - Pigeon_kicker, Undertaker4279

TFE/TFE-A                - Desert_Vixen

GW_S/GWG              - CHiPS1951

JE                              - TXturtle

JRKS/WORD             -Bubonic4u

JACS                         -LaSandren, empyreal_recon

ES                              -99red

Note:

-Must be part of the clan competing to play in the assigned battle or a sub-clan of that main clan family. Main clan family lead needs to state up-front if their sub-clans will fight together as one or as separate teams. Clan tag must have the main clan Family letters in it. (GW_S, GW_C, etc..)

(IE if all GW, SF, TFE subclans want to be one team under their main clan banner, they can if they choose or may separate to different teams along  sub-clan lines)  

-I will allow clans with very small roster to combine on a case by case basis.  Contact me. (must be done prior to registration end date.)

Any Clans that need TS can join our public TS and I will make your clan a room for the tournament.  

TS:66.55.131.26:9311

Edited by PostTraumatic, 16 March 2016 - 04:43 PM.

cqiyuan #3 Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 13432 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostPostTraumatic, on 08 March 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

The following are the clans that have confirmed.  (I will update this post as more add in.)

I will also add their contact officer

:ohmy: contact officer? 

PostTraumatic #4 Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:37 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20069 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
main point of contact for other clans to contact your clan to discuss upcoming battle or to schedule it earlier.

pigeon_kicker #5 Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 20011 battles
  • [SF] SF

The team tags that are with WarGaming from our team.

[SF]

[SF-S]

[SF-V]

[SF-G]

Will go over the rules and stuff, and add Undertaker4279 as the secondary contact please.

PK

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

ArrowZ_ #6 Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:46 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9911 battles
This is actually happening? Well that's good news. Better than having to wait 6monthly intervals for the next air raid. WG sure loves to make people wait for tourney events. Good on you PT. +1

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

ViolentAngel #7 Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 16644 battles

would get more teams if not for rule #1.-

Seriously brah. The "clans only' crap is crap.

"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake

pigeon_kicker #8 Posted 09 March 2016 - 09:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 20011 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostViolentAngel, on 08 March 2016 - 11:08 PM, said:

would get more teams if not for rule #1.-

Seriously brah. The "clans only' crap is crap.

I actually think this is a great idea, go join a clan.

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

Nvfx #9 Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:39 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21572 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

This is great; Thanks for putting everything together.

1 suggestion though:

Can both team consent to flying a tier 9/X game instead of one of the said tiers if both team leader agreed? Tier 5/6 seems.... ummm.... 

oldiowaguy #10 Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15674 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Come on guys! There's alot of clans that need to sign up yet! GW, FACK, FALO, ACES, JACS, S-S-G, ES, BFS, JE, PIJAX, DOW  lets go! Join the fun! If you can't get the people for 7v7 Warhawks will match you at 5v5. I bet most clans will do so as well. Get in here! You know you wanna! :great:

TeamTerrible #11 Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• 46103 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postoldiowaguy, on 09 March 2016 - 08:07 AM, said:

Come on guys! There's alot of clans that need to sign up yet! GW, FACK, FALO, ACES, JACS, S-S-G, ES, BFS, JE, PIJAX, DOW  lets go! Join the fun! If you can't get the people for 7v7 Warhawks will match you at 5v5. I bet most clans will do so as well. Get in here! You know you wanna! :great:

We'll pass until an event comes around that is less restricted

99red #12 Posted 09 March 2016 - 01:47 PM

• 23621 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostTeamTerrible, on 09 March 2016 - 06:17 AM, said:

We'll pass until an event comes around that is less restricted

Pretty much in the same frame of mind here too.

I understand your current flight list limitation of plane types as an attempt of game balance and preference, yet do not agree on it. Disqualifying an entire line ( the attack planes) places almost all multi-role planes in a disadvantage and only highlights light and heavy fighters. There are a handful of GA pilots in the top 50 ranked players who cannot showcase their unique skills, nor are you allowing for certain proven tactics of the GA's ability to win a contest and or support it's team.

I do like the limitation of numbers of types of aircraft (so tired of everyone flying only one or two types of planes) but limiting nations is a bit overboard....many of the planes per nation compliment the abilities of their nations line-up.

Just my 2 cents...

Otherwise, well done PT.

99red......XO of the Eagle Squadron (-ES-)

oldiowaguy #13 Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15674 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Post99red, on 09 March 2016 - 07:47 AM, said:

Pretty much in the same frame of mind here too.

I understand your current flight list limitation of plane types as an attempt of game balance and preference, yet do not agree on it. Disqualifying an entire line ( the attack planes) places almost all multi-role planes in a disadvantage and only highlights light and heavy fighters. There are a handful of GA pilots in the top 50 ranked players who cannot showcase their unique skills, nor are you allowing for certain proven tactics of the GA's ability to win a contest and or support it's team.

I do like the limitation of numbers of types of aircraft (so tired of everyone flying only one or two types of planes) but limiting nations is a bit overboard....many of the planes per nation compliment the abilities of their nations line-up.

Just my 2 cents...

Otherwise, well done PT.

There were multiroles used in the last AR. We had a P-47 and flew against 47s, 190s and Corsairs. The GA pilots that are in the top 50 are more than capable in other types, IMO. 

PostTraumatic #14 Posted 09 March 2016 - 03:29 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20069 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

The rule-set was posted for editing and discussion for nearly a month prior to the release.

to answer questions:

- if teams agree to alter the tiers UPWARD on any given match then they may do so as long as both sides agree prior and all other requirements are met.

-GA are removed for now to focus this being a battle of aerial dominance.  I have a long history of flying GA as many know.  I have also seen plenty of competition matches go down and to be frank, it is a failed tactic to try in competition.  In competition it is a last ditch effort that never works out.  This is to test teams support dogfighting and team-work.  If you choose to hit gt's to try to win then you can load up on multi role fighters.

balancing your fighters, heavies and multi role in the fight is the point.  Think aerial dominance.  

I suggest giving it a try and see how it works.  If things need changing over time I will consider it.  This is a first run thing.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 09 March 2016 - 03:38 PM.

PostTraumatic #15 Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:02 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20069 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

After considering this GA issue I will agree to this concession.

-If BOTH teams agree on having GA in any match then both teams will have the option to bring up to 2 GA.  If both teams do not agree then no GA are to go into the match.

this wi to keep it all on the table and fair.  I will edit the rules to reflect this change

CrayoIaCrayon #16 Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15841 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
GA have never worked in any competitive events or tournaments.  When you bring one, you basically just ensure a loss.  I can't understand why in the world people still want to beat a dead horse.

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

PostTraumatic #17 Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:21 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20069 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I agree completely but I decided that this is an exercise in flexibility so I made a concession for both teams to bring them only if both agree to it.

i can't see why anyone would not agree.  Let them bring them and get massacred

again focus on winning top down. It is tried and true.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 09 March 2016 - 04:23 PM.

oldiowaguy #18 Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15674 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I would gladly agree to let any team bring two GA into battle. It is their option, understanding that my team will not be. 

View PostPostTraumatic, on 09 March 2016 - 10:02 AM, said:

After considering this GA issue I will agree to this concession.

-If BOTH teams agree on having GA in any match then both teams will have the option to bring up to 2 GA.  If both teams do not agree then no GA are to go into the match.

this wi to keep it all on the table and fair.  I will edit the rules to reflect this change

Thanks PT, this should open it up to some of the objections posted previously!

MARS_REVENANT #19 Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:14 PM

Major

• 34281 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
:great:

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 20 October 2016 - 04:46 AM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

PostTraumatic #20 Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:18 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20069 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

No there has been many non-clan events.  This is clan only.  I am allowing small clans to combne to form teams on a case by case basis.  A clan can be as small as one member so if he combines with another smaller clan then that works.  You must be in a registered clans team to compete.

there are no optional rules only rules to add some flexibility upon agreement.  It is all defined.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 09 March 2016 - 05:20 PM.

Also tagged with Clantastrophy, League, Tournament, PostTraumatic, Clan

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users