P-35 Guide Replay Flight TbM

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:17 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 576 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

The tier III Seversky P-35 multirole fighter is the true introduction to the Republic line of aircraft made famous by the P-47 Thunderbolt, or "Thud".

The hallmarks of the line are fast, rugged airframes that carry a lot of guns and can take a pounding before they are put out of action.  In contrast to the Boeing P-26 at tier II the P-35 begins to exhibit these traits.

A fast but lumbering fighter aircraft she depends on good teamwork or wingmanship in order to keep her tail clear and her guns free to be on target.

Like most MRFs in Warplanes the Alex can mount bombs, but unless you have a very specific and very good reason to do so, I highly recommend that you do not bring them.  Bombs will inhibit your ability to climb to combat altitude at the beginning of the match and will prevent you from performing any kind of effective evasive moves if you get bounced by the enemy before you drop them.  They are small and insignificant in their ability to produce supremacy points, anyway, so leave them in the hangar.

Once battle is joined the traits of the Alex you want to capitalize on are her guns and her speed.  Vertical and horizontal BnZ are your bread and butter in this aircraft; never get suckered into a turnfight unless it's an aircraft that is faster than you and even slower in the turn.

Included here is footage of the "laggerbanding" that occurred during the height of the Winter Warcache event.  Given how the battle played out I thought it was an amusing bit of footage...and hey, if we don't poke fun at these things it just serves to make us angry, right?

Thanks go to my eternal wingman, Wesrin.

Good hunting!

Edited by MagusGerhardt, 05 March 2016 - 02:22 AM.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

CrazyHeinz #2 Posted 04 March 2016 - 11:01 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 04 March 2016 - 04:17 PM, said:

Removed for fixing of audio.  Apologies.

Can you hear me now?

Lou #3 Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 37 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Awesome video as usual, Magus. Thanks!

Edited by Lou, 05 March 2016 - 02:55 AM.

Sassover #4 Posted 05 March 2016 - 01:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles
We are experiencing technical difficulties.....please stand by........

MagusGerhardt #5 Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:23 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 576 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Fixed!  Thanks go to Hawkeyededic for pointing out the sound issue the initial upload had!  :honoring:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:44 AM

Captain

• 791 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

very well made TbM... we'll love looking back on the lagger/rubberbanding (verb?) in the video 20 years from now...

soon® is relative

+

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

MelBrooks #7 Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
No problem Magus, I told everybody it was Wesrin's fault anyways.:hiding:

CrayoIaCrayon #8 Posted 05 March 2016 - 04:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Wonderful vid as always magus!

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place