Can't See Premium Planes in Hanger without Pilots - Need Fix

Premium game play auto return piolets Planes w/o Pilots cant see

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

General_John_Buford #1 Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:10 PM

Airman Basic

• 8885 battles

Can't see Premium Planes without Pilots:  To play premium planes correctly, the pilots that come with the aircraft should be discarded in order to level up crew skills of regular pilots.  This leaves the plane without a pilot and the game darkens the aircraft and it adds "Not a Full Crew" or something along those lines in red lettering.  I assign pilots in non-premium planes and the same thing happens to those aircraft, you cant see the plane type or the 2x/3x.  The red lettering should be enough for any gamer to see. Why darken it as I can't see the plane name or if it has completed its 2x/3x for the day?  If you feel like the red lettering is not enough maybe just lighten the color to more gray so the name of the plane and the 2x/3x can be seen? This should be an easy fix and allow all gamers more enjoyable game play.

Auto Return of Pilots to Assigned Premiums/Current Plane:  Auto-return pilots to premiums like they do in WoT's or assign them directly to the plane like WoWS.  It is very time consuming to switch pilots.  This should be an easy fix and make for enjoyable game play.

Two Rows of Planes in the Hanger:  2 rows of planes in the hanger would be another great idea to borrow from WoT/WoWS.  This should be an easy fix and make for enjoyable game play.

Just my thoughts, I enjoy the game!!!

Many Thanks - General_John_Buford

RedSpartacus #2 Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17318 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostGeneral_John_Buford, on 15 February 2016 - 10:10 AM, said:

Two Rows of Planes in the Hanger:  2 rows of planes in the hanger would be another great idea to borrow from WoT/WoWS.  This should be an easy fix and make for enjoyable game play.

Do you use the filter ? You can filter by nation, tier, type, etc.

Edited by RedSpartacus, 15 February 2016 - 02:46 PM.

RUN WITH THE PACK

Fuzzybrainlizard #3 Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:15 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7316 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

View PostGeneral_John_Buford, on 15 February 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

Auto Return of Pilots to Assigned Premiums/Current Plane:  Auto-return pilots to premiums like they do in WoT's or assign them directly to the plane like WoWS.  It is very time consuming to switch pilots.  This should be an easy fix and make for enjoyable game play.

I concur. This is a feature in WOT I would like to see in WOWP, too.

The carousel feature in WOT is a mod.  http://wot-shot.com/multilined-tank-carousel/

It is a feature that should not be mod based, IMHO.

Fuzzybrainlizard

losttwo #4 Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:33 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGeneral_John_Buford, on 15 February 2016 - 09:10 AM, said:

Can't see Premium Planes without Pilots:  To play premium planes correctly, the pilots that come with the aircraft should be saved and ready to retrain to another non- premium plane in order to level up crew skills of regular pilots.  This leaves the plane without a pilot and the game darkens the aircraft and it adds "Not a Full Crew" or something along those lines in red lettering.  I assign pilots in non-premium planes and the same thing happens to those aircraft, you cant see the plane type or the 2x/3x.  The red lettering should be enough for any gamer to see. Why darken it as I can't see the plane name or if it has completed its 2x/3x for the day?  If you feel like the red lettering is not enough maybe just lighten the color to more gray so the name of the plane and the 2x/3x can be seen? This should be an easy fix and allow all gamers more enjoyable game play.

Just my thoughts, I enjoy the game!!!

Many Thanks - General_John_Buford

I fixed the first line for you.

I have always retrained my premium pilots to other planes I have been able to unlock but not purchase yet.

My F2H pilot had 2 months of flying premiums before I could afford to purchase the plane.

When I finally purchased the F2H the pilot had 3 skills.

Another more intelligent thing to do is click on the plane and it will " un grey " itself so you can see if you have a "Xbonus " birthday or other thing.

Of course guess that is too hard for some people to figure out.

Sort of like those people who "dismiss" multi-skilled pilots rather than send them to barracks.

Edited by losttwo, 15 February 2016 - 05:42 PM.

General_John_Buford #5 Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:54 PM

Airman Basic

• 8885 battles

View PostRedSpartacus, on 15 February 2016 - 02:44 PM, said:

Yes, I use filters by nation, tier, but I don't think you understand the issue.   I do very much like the feature and I pretty much keep it on when I am playing my premiums. 

General_John_Buford #6 Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:55 PM

Airman Basic

• 8885 battles

View PostFuzzybrainlizard, on 15 February 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

I concur. This is a feature in WOT I would like to see in WOWP, too.

The carousel feature in WOT is a mod.  http://wot-shot.com/multilined-tank-carousel/

It is a feature that should not be mod based, IMHO.

Agreed and well said!

General_John_Buford #7 Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:12 PM

Airman Basic

• 8885 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 15 February 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

I fixed the first line for you.

I have always retrained my premium pilots to other planes I have been able to unlock but not purchase yet.

My F2H pilot had 2 months of flying premiums before I could afford to purchase the plane.

When I finally purchased the F2H the pilot had 3 skills.

Another more intelligent thing to do is click on the plane and it will " un grey " itself so you can see if you have a "Xbonus " birthday or other thing.

Of course guess that is too hard for some people to figure out.

Sort of like those people who "dismiss" multi-skilled pilots rather than send them to barracks.

Thanks for the correction, and I agree with your corrections 100%.   I don't discard them, I misspoke.   I have my premium pilots in the barracks (perhaps banish them to the barracks) and I plan on using most via retraining when I can afford it.  I will try the selection feature you wrote about, perhaps you are correct again, but I would like to quickly glance at the plane and know if that is what I want to play without having to click on it.  Also, I like the way you train up premium pilots before they get the aircraft.  I train and play concurrently as I am wallet warrior type, but I like your method and may switch to it once my pilots are trained.  Bless your little heart, I'll ignore your negative comments. 

losttwo #8 Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:08 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGeneral_John_Buford, on 15 February 2016 - 05:12 PM, said:

Thanks for the correction, and I agree with your corrections 100%.   I don't discard them, I misspoke.   I have my premium pilots in the barracks (perhaps banish them to the barracks) and I plan on using most via retraining when I can afford it.  I will try the selection feature you wrote about, perhaps you are correct again, but I would like to quickly glance at the plane and know if that is what I want to play without having to click on it.  Also, I like the way you train up premium pilots before they get the aircraft.  I train and play concurrently as I am wallet warrior type, but I like your method and may switch to it once my pilots are trained.  Bless your little heart, I'll ignore your negative comments. 

Spending gold to retrain a pilot is of course your choice. However, let me point out that for 20K or 40K ( can't remember the exact cost )

you can train a pilot to 80 % into the new plane.

For the credit value it will only take about 10 battles to get him to 100%

Also you can place any pilot ( nation specific ) into any plane and they will still receive XP.

From experience I have never notice an adverse effect in flying characteristics.

You can use the search function in the forums search tab and discover more info on pilot training that many of us have written.

Here is one such post. http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/36041-how-to-train-your-pilots/page__hl__pilot+training__fromsearch__1

CORRECTION to original post.

Just purchased a tier 10 XF-90. Grabbed the F7F pilot and retrained him for it.

cost was 40K credits to train him to 90%. Took 8 battles to regain 100% proficiency.

2 battles in the XF-90, 4 battles in the XFX4-3 ( premium ) and 2 battles in the Model 81A-1 ( premium ).

Edited by losttwo, 16 February 2016 - 04:36 PM.

Bear_82 #9 Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:14 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 21801 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

OP, to address your first issue, it sounds like you should try adjusting color/brightness/contrast settings. I just now logged in, took a screenshot showing 2 planes without crew, and you can clearly see whether the x2 is there or not. I didn't circle the plane name, but that is also clearly visible on planes without a full crew.

Spoiler

losttwo #10 Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:53 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
but then it is not a dark and sinister game. We all know no one likes rainbows and unicorns.

IronyAngel #11 Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:40 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1884 battles

View PostRedSpartacus, on 15 February 2016 - 06:44 AM, said:

View PostGeneral_John_Buford, on 15 February 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

Yes, I use filters by nation, tier, but I don't think you understand the issue.   I do very much like the feature and I pretty much keep it on when I am playing my premiums. 

Since one of the filters is for planes that have yet to receive their 2x bonus, I share his lack of understanding.

Musketeer_Gripweed #12 Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 15366 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Something I would like to see is a multi option filter like in WOT.    Example, being able to filter   U.K. + German + fighters + Heavy fighters + Tiers 5 + 6 + 7 etc. Currently can only filter 1 country or all, 1 aircraft type or all and 1 tier or all.  I now have 72 planes in my hangar and it can take a while sorting thru them.  This change can be very helpful for missions, especially daily missions that have a 3 or 4 tier span.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users