Air Raid 8 Official Rules and Regulations

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

CrayoIaCrayon #1 Posted 14 February 2016 - 01:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15857 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Registration:  All teams must pm me on forums with a roster along with team name.  They should also specify a captain and co-captain.  I will update my original registration thread with the roster.  Once on a roster, that player is locked in to play on that team.  Registration closes Wednesday, February 17th at 12pm noon central time.  After that no teams or additions will be accepted.

Tournament will be played at Tier 6.  Games will be 5v5 and each team is allowed 3 alternates so maximum team size is 8 players.  Only planes that can be purchases for either gold or credits at the present time is available to be used.  Only one model of plane is allowed per team with a maximum of 2 heavy fighters total.  No other restrictions.  This basically means you can bring as many as you want from each nation as long as there are no repeat planes.

Tournament is double elimination, best 4 out of 7 games and brackets will be made on the challenge site as previous air raids have done.  Matches will begin at 830 central time on Friday, February 19th and will continue each night.  If the winning team throughout is defeated in the finals and needs to be defeated again to be put out, that match will take place the following night unless both teams agree to play that match on the same night.  I will post a results page each day and each team must post their battle results by 10pm central each night on said page.           

Creating rooms:  Home team is whoever is listed at the top of the bracket and they are in charge of creating a training room with a 15 minute timer on Plateau map with the title being the names of the teams participating.  For example, Wildfyre vs Hydra.  The training room must be up 15 minutes before match start time and then pming the opposing captain that the room is up in game.  Matches can start early if both teams agree.  The room creator will move his team onto the left hand side of the training room and then tell the opposing team they are ready.  After they say they are ready, no changes can be made to either players or planes for the home team.  The opposing team will then enter the training room and be moved to the right hand side.  The home team will then ask them if they are ready to start the match and once they say they are, the battle can be started.  Both teams should take screenshots of each battle results page in case of dispute.

Disqualifications:  Battles are due to be started on time.  Should your team be ready on time and the other is not, it can be considered a disqualification for the team that is not present and ready but only for one match.  If the opposing team cannot be ready to play by 845 central then it is considered a disqualification for all matches that night.  Should a team bring an illegal plane up or someone not on the roster they can be disqualified for only those matches that the illegal player or planes are used, however they must be told that they are bringing an illegal lineup before the next match just in case it is an honest mistake.  All matches are allowed to have a 5 minute cooldown period between matches if so desired but no longer.  All teams can use their own discretion in disqualifications however if you allow someone to play with an illegal lineup or stretch the time limits without warning them of disqualification any matches they win will stand.  Also remember that you must have screenshots to make any kind of disqualification official.

Administration:  Purdue1987, who has changed his name to FosterBrooks and myself are administering this tournament.  We will be online while these matches are taking place.  I encourage everyone to get in contact with us immediately if there is any kind of issue in game.  Once informed we will bring both team captains to dracs teamspeak to resolve the issue between us.  I do not want any flame wars on the forums as in the past.  I reserve the right to modify rules up to the tournament start but ONLY those pertaining to loopholes that teams could use for easy wins and malicious intent.  Rules regarding teams, tier, plane selection, etc. will NOT be changed from this point forward.  Any additions to rules will be placed as a reply to this thread or as a separate thread entirely and this post will not be edited.  I want complete transparency in this tournament as to provide the fairest environment possible for all participants.  

Prizing:  Wargaming and Ghostprime have refused to fund this tournament as they say it must be completely run by wargaming staff to receive funding and Ghostprime is not willing to host a tournament himself.  As such we have tried to secure prizing from the playerbase.  Jlnn from wraith squadron is in charge of prizing.  I have not heard exact amounts yet or payouts.  I am hoping he will create a thread defining the prizing and as soon as he lets me know I will inform everyone.  Some people have expressed concerns with this and I can understand that completely.  It was my belief that some prizing is better than no prizing at all which would be the alternative.

If anyone has any questions or needs further interpretation of the rules please reply here and I will answer.  I hope that we have a great trouble free event and look forward to seeing everyone.  Thanks guys!

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

CrazyHeinz #2 Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:22 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9390 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostJetway, on 13 February 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

All matches are allowed to have a 5 minute cooldown period between matches if so desired but no longer.

Request for clarification: Does it have to be agreed upon by both teams? Or is it acceptable if only one team wants the cool down?

Thanks for moderating!

CrayoIaCrayon #3 Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15857 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
It is acceptable if only one team wants the cooldown.  From my experience in tournaments, we all want to play the matches and not disqualify people and I have no problem if times are not exactly right if both teams are ok with it.  We're all mostly adults here and it is a good community in general.  However there must be rules in place of some sort to police the ones that want to take advantage of others sadly enough.

_AveMaria_ #4 Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 11380 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I wanna thks WG and Ghost Prime for supporting this community ! :facepalm:

CrazyHeinz #5 Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:36 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9390 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostJetway, on 13 February 2016 - 09:28 PM, said:

It is acceptable if only one team wants the cooldown.  From my experience in tournaments, we all want to play the matches and not disqualify people and I have no problem if times are not exactly right if both teams are ok with it.  We're all mostly adults here and it is a good community in general.  However there must be rules in place of some sort to police the ones that want to take advantage of others sadly enough.

Completely agree, Jet. I've learned that with any plan in life- there's always one more S.O.B. than you counted on.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #6 Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 20848 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostJetway, on 13 February 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

Prizing:  Wargaming and Ghostprime have refused to fund this tournament as they say it must be completely run by wargaming staff to receive funding and Ghostprime is not willing to host a tournament himself.  As such we have tried to secure prizing from the playerbase.  Jlnn from wraith squadron is in charge of prizing.  I have not heard exact amounts yet or payouts.  I am hoping he will create a thread defining the prizing and as soon as he lets me know I will inform everyone.  Some people have expressed concerns with this and I can understand that completely.  It was my belief that some prizing is better than no prizing at all which would be the alternative.

I believe JINN with his highly regarded popularity and bubbling personality should start a crowdfunding thread.

I just wish we could pull gold from our personal bank and donate it... oh well.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

209 #7 Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:03 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5817 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
No funding by Wargaming, unsure of prizing, the best 4 out of 7. How are we suppose to recoup our losses for the ammo, consumables and equipment that we use in your Air Raid 8. 1st place you won the tournament, but we have no prizing or gold for you lol. 2nd place your the 1st loser and we have nothing for you either. 3rd place your the second loser, definately nothing for you . It was a fun event had by all, see you at Air Raid 9 

CrayoIaCrayon #8 Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15857 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I know that dracs are competing for the competition.  We have no problem earning the credits to participate.  Perhaps fly some premium planes and then you can afford to play.

209 #9 Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:46 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5817 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Lets see to join the Dracs I have to have a 60% or better. Damn Jetway I hope you don't have a problem getting credits to participate Sir. I put my money on the Dracs 1st and 2nd place any takers, just for fun no gold or prizing lol. 

CrayoIaCrayon #10 Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15857 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Well you bring up 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizing.  In the past two tournaments nooblets won, dracs were 2nd and 3rd.  I don't think a single person on any team cared about the gold.  To me, the gold is more valued by the players who are newer and still needing to do a lot of grinding.  Unless you pay all spots, more than likely the players that could actually really use gold won't see any.

209 #11 Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:06 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5817 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Jetway you are right Sir, but I haven't seen any of the Nooblets in the forum or game lately. Good luck with your Tournament Sir, have a goodnite.

Gang_Starr #12 Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:22 PM

Captain

• 12332 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Post209, on 14 February 2016 - 08:46 PM, said:

Lets see to join the Dracs I have to have a 60% or better. Damn Jetway I hope you don't have a problem getting credits to participate Sir. I put my money on the Dracs 1st and 2nd place any takers, just for fun no gold or prizing lol. 

Haven't you heard? Wraiths are the best clan on the server now, they're going to take 1st place this time

Tenks

oldiowaguy #13 Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15691 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostGang_Starr, on 15 February 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

Haven't you heard? Wraiths are the best clan on the server now, they're going to take 1st place this time

:popcorn:

stir.jpg

Edited by oldiowaguy, 15 February 2016 - 10:41 PM.

Dsembr_Rein #14 Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10526 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostGang_Starr, on 15 February 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

That's nice of you to say. And I'll be the first to apologize for the glut of posts we made bragging about our clan reaching that coveted spot. We all know how valuable WG's ratings are to everyone and it was quite unseemly of us to rub such an important achievement in everyone's faces.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #15 Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20848 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostDsembr_Rein, on 15 February 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

That's nice of you to say. And I'll be the first to apologize for the glut of posts we made bragging about our clan reaching that coveted spot. We all know how valuable WG's ratings are to everyone and it was quite unseemly of us to rub such an important achievement in everyone's faces.

REPORTED:

Extreme sarcasm and over use of snark.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Blatobran #16 Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:16 PM

Master Sergeant

• 16471 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Block Quote

We're all mostly adults here and it is a good community in general.

Block Quote

I'm playing to shake things up.  Do something other than pub matches.

I don't have a lot of gold and will probably lose money when everything is added up, but who cares.

To the few that are making an effort on behalf of the rest of us, thank you.

The forum babies will always be there because they get a rise at starting garbage.  Very easily ignored.

Good luck to all the teams.  Looking forward to seeing you all through my sites :playing:

Edited by Blatobran, 17 February 2016 - 04:16 PM.

Parisienne #17 Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:08 PM

• 9262 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

I want to second what Blat said and thank everyone involved in making this happen. I cancelled some serious saturday night plans for this, i cant believe i did that. 

Anyways, priorities first right?!  :hiding:

CrayoIaCrayon #18 Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15857 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostParisienne, on 19 February 2016 - 12:08 PM, said:

I want to second what Blat said and thank everyone involved in making this happen. I cancelled some serious saturday night plans for this, i cant believe i did that. 

Anyways, priorities first right?!  :hiding:

Ha I cancelled plans for tomorrow as well.  I have always loved competitive events in anything and I would fly in a tournament every month if I could regardless of whether there was a payout.  We're basically making 5 man flights and fighting.  I enjoy getting everyone in ts and just having fun.  With two man flights especially now I don't see as many people in the same channel anymore and this provides a nice change

dityboycom #19 Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:20 AM

Colonel

• 10267 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Next time you want to run a tournament, put some time into it.

Bubba_Zanetti #20 Posted 20 February 2016 - 03:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 29252 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postdityboycom, on 19 February 2016 - 09:20 PM, said:

Next time you want to run a tournament, put some time into it.

Are you listening Ghostprime?  Maybe have some of your FORUM Mods organize and run it since they're useless at anything else around here.  This is incredibly ignorant and insulting that we, the community are doing this with nothing from WG.  2 years 3 months running...pfft  And fix that damn blog entry!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users