tournament league

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

PostTraumatic #81 Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:58 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20059 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I am going to explain WHY this is clan only.  Due to this going on for many weeks, I do not think a small team of non-clan players will continue to all show up for every week without a large bank of alternates.  This is not a quick tournament.  this is a battle of attrition.  clans have the large bank of players and since they can toss any member online in on any match, even if their main set of "starter" players are missing a few that night.  There should be no reason for no-shows like that nor full teams in a battle.  

I am avoiding non clan teams because I do not want the teams to become wishy-washy and stop showing up after 3 weeks.  If that were to happen then they would automatically be giving those points away every week.  If a team of non-clan people want to join this then FORM A CLAN.  Having it be associated with your clan means the clans pride is at stake if they blow it off.  

Now this has been posted as a clan event from day 1.  That it!  Thats what it is!  accept it!  That or make your own Non-clan event of your own and i will wish you luck with your project.

Have fun.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 10 March 2016 - 12:00 PM.

pigeon_kicker #82 Posted 10 March 2016 - 10:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 20011 battles
  • [SF] SF

Look everyone, PostTraumatic is doing whatever needs to be done to get SOMETHING going for clans.

WarGaming has had their thumb up their kazoos for a long time now on the subject.

If HE is the one organizing the event, i think he should make the basic rule set.

Clans only is the only way to go with this, groups of people seem to have a hard time getting organized.

I for one support PT fully.  You go man.

PK

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

Daeima #83 Posted 12 March 2016 - 01:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1441 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postpigeon_kicker, on 10 March 2016 - 04:27 PM, said:

Look everyone, PostTraumatic is doing whatever needs to be done to get SOMETHING going for clans.

WarGaming has had their thumb up their kazoos for a long time now on the subject.

If HE is the one organizing the event, i think he should make the basic rule set.

Clans only is the only way to go with this, groups of people seem to have a hard time getting organized.

I for one support PT fully.  You go man.

PK

Well said Pigeon, props to PostTraumatic.

pigeon_kicker #84 Posted 25 March 2016 - 08:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 20011 battles
  • [SF] SF
For some reason the videos ended up here -->>> http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/43874-clantastrophy-league-videos/

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

PostTraumatic #85 Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:38 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20059 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

PK bro that was so much fun having such big battles.  It was really good to see the battles from both sides on the videos.  

Thanks for being part of this everyone and making the first week go off without a hitch.

This should also help to build camaraderie between clan mates as this type of event brings us all together more often.  It was great to be on with the boys and having fun again in competition battle flying all together

Edited by PostTraumatic, 25 March 2016 - 04:52 PM.

CrayoIaCrayon #86 Posted 25 March 2016 - 06:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15815 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Thank again for this PT.  Dracs are revitalized now lol.  We're ready for big battles :) 

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

MARS_REVENANT #87 Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:16 PM

Major

• 34272 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
:unsure:

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 20 October 2016 - 05:09 AM.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

PostTraumatic #88 Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:50 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20059 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

guys and gals I am going to be altering the rules to match the spirit of this event.  This is a league of HIGH FLYERS.  I have seen some exploit action by talented clans that is outside the scope of this contest.  This contest is intended to create clean aerial battles at altitude.  If both teams agree the nature of that can be changed but the default rules need to stimulate straight forward battles in the air.  I stated the intent of the nature of this to be an aerial contest during the initial rules discussions but somehow that part was not translated into the final rules.  That is my fault for not being clear enough on that point.

I witnessed a team go straight for GT's and turn around and hide over their AA.  This is not what this contest is designed for.  If everyone did that kind of tactic then it would be a very lame battle for everyone.  So look for rule clarifications and alterations that will apply to all teams for week 4.  What is good for the one is not good for the many and it needs to be good for the many.

I could understand this being done by a team that is on the ropes but I do not want to encourage these kinds of cheap shot tactics in any battles.

The clanss that did it made it work.  Did they need to?  no.  They had plenty of skill to simply go out and fight head to head.  So changes will be made to have this be an aerial combat set of default rules.  

I have tried to remove GA from the contest to make this all about fighting as a team at altitude.  I will reinforce that with a revised and clarified rule-set.

Otherwise the battles have been great and the exploit was completely unnecessary.  So no need to contest it.  

I will just make the rules match the intended spirit of the event exactly.

IE go fight a clean straight forward fight and do not attempt cheap tricks to win.

Rules will be edited tonight for the beginning of Week 4 tomorrow.  All changes are to further match the overall intended spirit of this event.

I want to clarify also that this has happened with multiple clans not singling one out.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 08 April 2016 - 02:10 AM.

EspressoForHammy #89 Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:04 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
So it sounds like these talented clans beat VULCN with GAs, after requesting a rule change to allow them to do exactly that. I'm curious why you agreed to change the rule in the first place? Surely you saw this coming.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

EspressoForHammy #90 Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:44 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

So no answer then? I expected you to jump in to tell me about how the naughty GAs touched you, but maybe you are otherwise occupied.

Here's how to beat a team that uses GAs effectively:

Fly high to start. When you notice ground targets getting hit, send one light fighter down to scout. If they are using a GA then they must be down a high-alt plane, so you are safe losing a LF to scout. If the LF finds a whole crew of GAs, then bring the team down like a hornet's nest upon them. If the LF does NOT find ay GA and they've already run back to their AA then send down a HF to fly through their AA on a scouting run. When you find the whole team of GAs in their AA, send in your whole crew at the same time to take them out. Form up outside of AA and send the HFs in first, with the LFs hanging back slightly. If any LF feels an AA gun on them, they should fly out of range and let the gun reset, or alternatively shoot the gun out. At this point LFs should be shooting GTs, while HFs shoot GAs. Ignore the GTs that are not shooting at anyone with a constant stream, as they are set to fire flak at high altitudes.

That should about do it. Let me know if this guide to beating GAs is too hard for you to understand, I can simplify it for you. :child:

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

PostTraumatic #91 Posted 08 April 2016 - 04:47 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20059 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Again you do not know what you are talking about.  This is not about GA.  You are again talking about something which is not at all the issue.  There was no issue with GA and you are just spinning something that you do not seem to understand.

There were no GA's in the matches in question at all.  Do you understand?  You have no clue and that is why I did not respond to your post as it has absolutely nothing to do with the rule change.  It is something you created in your head.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 08 April 2016 - 04:49 PM.

EspressoForHammy #92 Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:48 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Oh I see. So basically a "talented" (your own words) team brought in some FIGHTERS to hit GTs and then go hide in their AA. Thanks for the clarification, and sorry for the long post on how to combat GAs. I will have to think about how to combat fighters when they....

OH WAIT. No, I don't even have to think about it. You just kill some AAs yourself with 1-2 aircraft and hunt the fighters from altitude advantage with the rest.

I have a hard time believing that you didn't see this solution when your team got beaten in this way. I feel like maybe you panicked in the moment. It's ok, this type of panic moment happens to everyone, but not everyone has the festicular tortitude to come to the forums and explain how they were bested by fighters hitting GTs. No doubt the talented and malicious other team even brought HEAVY FIGHTERS with ORDNANCE to really seal the deal. That would indeed have made most commanders immediately lose their head, and subsequently the game.

Judging by all your PMs to me I have no experience with the game since I barely play and have only 4000 battles. Hopefully you don't take this the wrong way.

PostTraumatic #93 Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:05 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20059 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Keep stabbing in the dark and trying to make something out of nothing while not knowing at all what you are talking about.

The addendum was made due to multiple attempts by clans to not fight head on.  Not just against VULCN.  We came to fight in the spirit of the event to every single match.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 08 April 2016 - 06:18 PM.

PostTraumatic #94 Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:22 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20059 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Section: 6  PROTESTS

My PT Par & Grill TeamSpeak Channel will be used to discuss any rule clarifications or disputes.  66.55.131.26:9311.

I will clarify all rules and situations as they arise.  I will respond quickly to all concerns.

GhostPrime has stated he will officiate any disputes I cannot handle but cannot directly sponsor the event.

As long as everyone goes forward expecting to play to win by doing battle then there should not be any problems.  

Adhere to the rules set forth prior to hitting the Ready or Battle button.  Once you do battle or hit ready you are accepting whatever results transpire.

All judgements made will be to preserve the spirit of the event and are final.

Go in and do BATTLE. That is the nature of the default rule set. Hitting GT and running is not trying to win by doing battle and thus to preserve the spirit of the event I made an addendum for making this clear. With all the flexibility allowed in these rules if the clans did not like this then they had the right to negotiate and make it what they wanted as long as it was fair and balanced.

The default rule set is for head to head aerial battle. No Bull crud, just straight up fight.

Not subject to troll conjecture.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 08 April 2016 - 06:29 PM.

EspressoForHammy #95 Posted 08 April 2016 - 06:37 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

What I hear you saying is that not only your clan, but also other clans had trouble defeating multi-roles with rockets on the deck hitting your defenseless GTs. I'm sorry to hear that.

I would be willing to be a non-biased junkyardish observing impartial non-active advisor to any clans that need help with certain tactics being employed by talented clans.

WmTellSackett #96 Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:42 PM

Airman Basic

• 17311 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

To feign an attack in an all out High Flying Battle , well I never , but I always thought I might like to !

I am curious as to what is considered the correct altitude to be High flying ?

Is there a ceiling at which I should not try to obtain altitude advantage and sneak attack from out of the sun ?

At what point do I stop thinking about strategies to win any battle .

I don't ever stop , before and during I am trying to out think and out fly opponents .

So a brave pilot flew in and started the clock and someone got offended , " tough solid waste".

mullyman #97 Posted 09 April 2016 - 05:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 27773 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Its your tourney PT and feel free to run it as you wish.  And thanks.

But to claim there is only ONE way to win a battle is a bit short sighted.

Why not just say, teams should fly to 10,000 ft and meet at the center of the map and see who the best pilots are?

Because it almost sounds like that's what you would prefer.      "Clan war" battles always seem a bot boring to me.   It's usually, who can get the most fire power on the enemy 1st,  without much regard to other strategies.   There are easy ways to reset a 16 pt counter.  Especially since I know your planes also had rockets.    A shame those strategies are not considered.

mullyman.png

EspressoForHammy #98 Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:32 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postmullyman, on 09 April 2016 - 12:31 PM, said:

But to claim there is only ONE way to win a battle is a bit short sighted.

There are easy ways to reset a 16 pt counter.  Especially since I know your planes also had rockets.    A shame those strategies are not considered.

This is pretty much exactly what I said. Thanks for agreeing with me MullyMom. :teethhappy:

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users