Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Very nice idea.

MARS_REVENANT #42 Posted 28 February 2016 - 04:06 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
:rolleyes:

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 20 October 2016 - 05:06 AM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

honorabili #43 Posted 28 February 2016 - 06:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 270 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 28 February 2016 - 11:06 AM, said:

If you are after gold from WG, you might want to rethink your tournament setup and allow non-clans or mixed teams.  It will look better to WG as they will be supporting the community, not just Clans, and you will have more participation.

I agree, it should be teams from any clan/non-clan members that could be formed. If WG decides to give gold it would help clean up their reputation of them not caring at all about this game. Knowing them though, they'll never do it. They treat gold as if it were actual physical gold.

PostTraumatic #44 Posted 28 February 2016 - 10:23 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 188 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

we have addressed this point.  it is a clan event.  Sorry Marco for the second time in this thread.  

I seriously doubt they are going to support any event these days so again, it is what it is.  If you want in this League, join a clan or start a clan.

CrayoIaCrayon #45 Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I agree with the clan only sytem. For one it actually gives some reason for being in a clan and for two it makes it easier to field a team.  Looking at a multiweek league like this means that putting together a set roster will be chaos as you would need a ton of alts and would greatly lessen the chances of ever seeing a 15 on 15 battle.  The downside however is a lot of the clans that have the members to participate have not shown much, if any, participation in the air raids.  While this is obviously something completely different, I do wonder if they will participate.  I will do the best I can to help try to stir up interest and participation in this event as I am a huge supporter of anything that gives us an alternate to pub matches all the time.  I also love the idea of everyone getting to play and participate until the end of the event regardless of how well they do.

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

MARS_REVENANT #46 Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:30 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles

:B

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

CrayoIaCrayon #47 Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 28 February 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

Are there any rules against joining a clan, and then changing to a different clan each week?

And I thought perhaps you had learned your lesson in such trolling..... Serves me right

MARS_REVENANT #48 Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:48 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles

:(

CrayoIaCrayon #49 Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
If clans will accept you just to play for a few matches then that is their fault

MARS_REVENANT #50 Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:26 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles

:coin:

oldiowaguy #51 Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 78 battles

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 28 February 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

Its not a troll, its a valid question.  If I am going to join a clan just to play in this league is there anything wron with changing clans over and over to play for different teams that might be short a person.

I don't think there is anything wrong with that! Put "Gun for Hire" in your sig. It helps both you out, being able to play in the tourny and the clan you join be more competitive. Win win! Just let them know it is a temporary thing and you will leave to help out any other clans that might need a gun.

tahee59 #52 Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
or a pro waterboy

MARS_REVENANT #53 Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:30 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

:sceptic:

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 20 October 2016 - 05:07 AM.

PostTraumatic #54 Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:43 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 188 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

New Rough Draft - UNOFFICIAL! Subject to edit and change at this time.

I will make a new thread with the final announcement and sign-up thread.  Thoughts please prior to release.  this is last chance for input..

WARPLANES CLAN-tastrophy LEAGUE

Section: 1  Basic Rules

-Must be part of the clan competing to play in the assigned battle

-One Team Per Clan

-All members of that clan may be substituted into any match

-All interested clans need to contact me directly by PM along with their assigned representative.  I will need to have that main contact name for communications purposes assigned in that post.

-Applying to the league indicates you have read and accepted the rules and are willing to be included based on its contents.

-All participating clans need to assign a main contact to be their liaison officer to myself and all other involved clans.  It will be this Clan representative that will discuss with the other clan representative ahead of time and decide who is setting up the room etc.  I put the responsibility of direct communication on the assigned Liaisons.  

-I do reserve the right to fly with my clan and settle disputes on rule clarifications impartially.

-All clans will be assigned Home team status on roughly half the weeks they play.

-Must be willing to set up the battle rooms on weeks that you are assigned the home team side.

-Rooms must be made to allow the showing of both teams planes upon line-up as both teams need to confirm the other team is in compliance with the rules and state readiness prior to hitting the battle button.  

-Room creator must have a ready signal and know the rules are meeting compliance prior to hitting the Battle button.  Once the battle button is hit, the battle results will stand unless it can be proven the ready indication was not given by the away team

-Battles will all be 7 on 7 minimum.  Number in any particular battle can be increased to up to 15 in a battle as long as teams are equal numbers for each battle and both teams agree.   If they do not agree then it will be a 7v7.

-There is NO ELIMINATION

-Must be able to field a minimum team of 7 for all battle tiers and weeks of battle.

-Must be willing to be flexible to some degree with other teams, within reason.

Section: 2   SCHEDULING

Final Registration date:02/15/16

Start Date:
End date: Unknown (based on number of clans that sign up)

-The number of weeks will be based on the number of participating clans.

-The schedule will be posted shortly after the final registration date.  At the time of schedule posting the start date and end date will be assigned.

-A Round of play will be one week at a time and it will start on friday and end on thursday on every week of the event.  (so on saturday you can agree to fight the upcoming thursday night battle as long as both clan contacts agree to that.)  If there is a no-show on the agreed upon night the battle falls to the default thursday night schedule.

-If a battle is fought on a night prior to that Thursday and the teams have no dispute and have turned in the results then this relieves them from battle on Thursday night.

-Every clan will battle all other clans involved.  Different clan for each every week based on schedule posted.   

-Each week there will be 4 battles between those clans.

-Battles are to be fought at 8:00 PM EST on each Thursday night, HOWEVER, if opposing clan team captains get together and discusses having it on another day and time before/after that, it will be allowed.  

-Cut off time for the agreed upon battles for the week is 8PM Thursday.  Midnight on Thursday is the start/end of the battle week.

-Take 5 minute cool-down between battle if either team needs.

Section: 3   TIERS & MAPS

-Battles will be fought in training rooms

-Battles will be fought in tier 5,6,7,8 In that order

-One clan v clan set of (4) battles per week.  In case of a 2-2 tie for a night there will be a 5th battle to break the tie.

-Maps will be chosen by the home team.

-All 4 battles must be fought. (IE up to 4 points available each week to each clan)

-Score will be updated each Saturday or earlier if the results come in sooner.

Section: 4   PLANES

-Planes in tier 5,6,7,8 for the respective battle tier set

-No Attack Aircraft

-Planes can be currently available or not.  IE There is NO REQUIREMENT that the plane be currently available.

-No more than two of a particular aircraft per team, per battle.

-No more than 2 heavy fighters can be used per team if 7 or 8 players.  3 heavy fighters if 9-12 players.  4 HF if 13-15.

-How many players that will be in the match are to be discussed by team captains at the time of battle and accepted by both sides prior to battle or the default 7v7 must go forward.

-Battles may be fought with less than 7 players by a team, however, the other team is under no obligation to match that team and may run any number of players up to the full 7.

Section: 5   SCORING

-Draws will count for ZERO points for both teams for that particular battle.

-Each battle is worth 1 point for the victorious team of each battle regardless of how many players in each battle.

-No shows from both teams will count as ZERO points for both teams.

-If both teams no-show then no points are awarded to either team for that week.

-No show only counts at the specified battle time of Thursday 8PM EST.  Otherwise if an earlier agreed upon time is missed, the designated Thursday night schedule must be met.

-No show by one team will give the other team that did show 4 points only on Thursday night.  If a prior arranged on an earlier night is missed it must be made up on Thursday.

-If a team drops out, then all remaining battles to be fought by that team will give 4 points to the teams they have not yet fought.

-The goal is points accumulation.  Team with the most points accrued over this period of time will win.

-If there is a tie on points between any two clans there will be a single tier 6 battle to break the tie.

-There will be no technical victory points awarded for any reasons other than no shows on Thursdays.  Otherwise all battles need to take place.  

-Make sure the rules are all being complied to and both teams signal they are ready before doing a countdown to start the match.  there is no hard start time, the point is to have a good clean battle where both teams are ready and compliant within the rules before signaling they are ready and starting the match.  Once the battle starts, the results are the results.  

-Battles must be fought for points if both teams show for all battles.

-Team representatives from each team should send me the weekly battle results for the previous week by Friday Midnight.

-There will be no ties for the week.  In the case both teams score 2 points each that night (ie 2-2), a fifth battle in tier 2 battle will be fought which will take one point for the evening from the losing team and gives that point to the winning team leaving the score that night for those teams, 3 to 1

-To be clear, any team may score 1 , 2 , 3 or 4 points on a respective night based on wins but no team will have a score of 2 for the night unless a draw has happened on at least one of the matches.

-Both teams accrue points for the night based on results. (0-4, 1-3, 3-1 or 4,0).  (If a draw occurs the score could be 1-2)

-A running score will be tallied weekly for each team based on results

Section: 6  PROTESTS

I will clarify all rules and situations as they arise.  I will respond quickly to all concerns.

As long as everyone goes forward expecting to play to win there should not be any problems.  

Adhere to the rules set forth prior to hitting the Ready or Battle button.  Once you do battle or hit ready you are accepting whatever results transpire.

All judgements made will be to preserve the spirit of the event and are final.

Section: 7   AWARDS

I have approached WG and thus far they are not willing to give prizing… SO… We will play for the satisfaction of showing WG that we have a competitive active community regardless of how much they seem to wish to undermine it.

Also for the satisfaction of enjoying some good, friendly, regular competition and bragging rights.

Take screenshots of all battle results!

Edited by PostTraumatic, 08 March 2016 - 04:31 PM.

EspressoForHammy #55 Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:12 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
It's so funny how all the tourneys limit ONLY the number of HFs, and yet all the noobs claim HFs aren't OP...

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

TeamTerrible #56 Posted 01 March 2016 - 11:40 AM

First Lieutenant

• 4 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 01 March 2016 - 03:12 AM, said:

It's so funny how all the tourneys limit ONLY the number of HFs, and yet all the noobs claim HFs aren't OP...

Yeah, that and all the other aircraft restrictions will make this one hard to sell

MARS_REVENANT #57 Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:39 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

:playing:

honorabili #58 Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 270 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

So much fighting and drama in this forum. More so than even this:

Edited by honorabili, 01 March 2016 - 01:02 PM.

GouIdy #59 Posted 01 March 2016 - 01:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

Final Registration date:02/15/16

Has registration closed already?

-I do reserve the right to fly with my clan and settle disputes on rule clarifications impartially.

So does this also mean you won't try & cheat like you did in the CCWB?

MARS_REVENANT #60 Posted 01 March 2016 - 02:08 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
:hiding:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users