Clantastrophy LEAGUE of High Fliers Tournament Discussion

tournament league

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

CrayoIaCrayon #21 Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15815 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Just swap through the teams.  If this comes to pass, I know dracs won't be fielding the same team every week.  Our guys honestly won't care.  Just knowing we have a competitive event will make them happy.  We love competition.

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

NuAIRuH #22 Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:55 AM

Master Sergeant

• 5883 battles
Looking for a clan.

Tonzzo #23 Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:05 AM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Well at least I put some writing on the wall...  We can revisit this later I guess... Seems to be the way these things go.....   :facepalm:

No need to beat a dead horse.....

BobozeeBear #24 Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 25036 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Discussion is a good thing Tonzzo, nothing wrong with you bringing forward these concerns. Maybe a solution to your problem can be found and make this idea for the better.

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

Tonzzo #25 Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:45 AM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostBobozeeBear, on 12 February 2016 - 01:54 AM, said:

Discussion is a good thing Tonzzo, nothing wrong with you bringing forward these concerns. Maybe a solution to your problem can be found and make this idea for the better.

I totally agree.  Like I said I like the idea of having a league.  But it seems like every contest has one of these things that seem like a weak spot and it becomes a discussion point.  I may have pointed it out but I'm more than sure im not the only one else that see's it this way.  Regardless of that if the rule stands.....  The rule stands....  :sceptic:

Edited by Tonzzo, 12 February 2016 - 02:46 AM.

PostTraumatic #26 Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:38 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20059 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

At this time the one team per clan rule will stand but if anything the number in each of the battles might change after i talk to all clans involved.  I would not be against raising the players per battle if all clans can fill it. 

Another solution is that we can allow up to 15 if both teams have enough as long as the teams going in are even.  IE if one of the teams can only do 13 then you do a 13 on 13 for that round.  I feel the minimum of 7 should be standard.  This would require the tweaking of the number of heavy fighters to 3 if 9 or over players per side, 4 if 12 or over.  Still would not allow more than 2 of the same plane.

If it were to get large enough we could also just do 5 battles instead of 3 also raising the number of players possible to play per night to potentially 75...  Then it would be tiers 5,6,7,8,9.  I think that would be pushing it but it can be expanded which is the important point.

For now we will keep it simple.  I think there is space to work out what will make this work to, almost,every ones liking.

Remember there is no requirement that the plane still be currently available

Edited by PostTraumatic, 12 February 2016 - 03:57 AM.

PostTraumatic #27 Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:14 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20059 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

ok I made some changes to accommodate larger clans yet still allow a clan as small as 7 members to participate all the way through.

"Battles will all be 7 on 7 minimum.  Number of players in any particular battle can be increased to up to 15 in a battle as long as teams are even numbers for each battle and both teams agree.  If they do not agree then it will be a 7v7"

With this rule change it pushes up the potential of having up to 45 members play per night if you should so choose to do so and if the other team can match your 15 players per battle.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 12 February 2016 - 04:32 AM.

Caffan #28 Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:45 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 14549 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

I'm liking the premise PostTraumatic. Looks like fun.

Question: Do all three matches have to occur the same day? Assuming multiple days works for both clans that week. Otherwise, all three in one night -> which would be the preferred option.

Thanks -- Caffan

CrayoIaCrayon #29 Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15815 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Air Raid almost over.  Lets get this thing started!  Dracs will reinstall the game lol

Amerus #30 Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:53 AM

Senior Airman

• 4886 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

I am 100% behind this clan league and everyone I've talked to thinks its awesome. I can't wait to be a part of it. I hope war gaming supports it and sees that supporting competitions makes the game grow in every way.

Points of clarification for the rules:

1. From the rules description it seems possible that two clans competing against each other that week could schedule fights on more than one evening. Does that mean a no show from the second night would take all the points for the whole week or that they would only get the points for the battles scheduled that night? The penalty for no show seems a bit nebulous depending on situation at the moment.
  2. Each clan can agree to field 7-15 member battles on the fly right, based on the idea that both sides have veto power on requesting more members in a battle? It doesnt need to be scheduled in advance does it?

My Suggestions:

1. Why not let the competing clans decide what tiers for matches as long as they are t5 or above? This would let clans who want to compete in t9 and t10.

Amerus

Noreaga #31 Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:47 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCarronade32, on 11 February 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

I will only join a clan to play in the league if all members are required to wear matching bowling WoWP League shirts!

Ive got ours done (no this is not real, no it is not sanctioned by anyone)

Attached File  t-shirt_template.ai Converted.pdf   1.1MB

Nimis obnoxii curare

CrayoIaCrayon #32 Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15815 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
and Bandet is so famous he doesn't even need his name on his shirt

oldiowaguy #33 Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15674 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I like where this is going! Some thoughts:

3 battles per week, battle equals best of 3 matches. This would take 30-45 minutes per night of battle.

Pool play, depending on how many teams there are have 2 pools. At halfway of season Top 2 teams of Pool B (record wise) move to pool A and bottom 2 teams from A move to B. This works great in the softball league I play in. Then you have A league champ and B league champ. B league champ starts the second season in A league.

PostTraumatic #34 Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:17 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20059 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Thank you for your suggestions.  I will be considering them all and releasing the new rules edit soon and that will clarify the answers.  These considerations are being worked out so I cannot release it yet but i assure you these points will be addressed.

Think of this like any team game.  Teams have dozens of players on the sidelines but only so many can play in any given battle.  but you can substitute any other player in on the next play.  Rotating clan-mates that are on that night will be part of the fun and strategy involved.

We will be launching this soon and I am considering remaining rules to tweak for the release.  This is a sample schedule if we get 12 teams for instance.  (we can go with as many, or as few, teams that wish to sign up though)  im hoping for somewhere between 10 and 15 clans but more or less will work no problem.

Example listing for the league:  Teams are a b c d e f g h i j k L (these will be clans once released)

Week 1  ........................

Week 2  ........................

Week 3  ........................

Week 4  ........................

Week 5  ........................

Week 6  ........................

Week 7  ........................

Week 8  ........................

Week 9  ........................

Week 10  ........................

Week 11  ........................

After the points are tallied we can look at having a multi bracket league playoffs based on top 5 and bottom 5.  I would need to consider that.  

The point though is to have everyone have a shot at everyone else...  and the points total at the end will tell the story.  Without elimination.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 27 February 2016 - 05:25 PM.

PostTraumatic #35 Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:33 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20059 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I would like all players withing reach of this message to email the following department to help get WG to support this effort with prizing.

tournaments@wargamingamerica.com

Please state in the headline:  

We Support the Warplanes LEAGUE

- So far I approached customer support and was shot down for support.  They did supply the e-mail address above for us to contact.(Thank you Customer Support!)

-After being shot down by customer service, I approached GhostPrime to help us get prizing or just for any help.  To his credit he supports the idea of this League but after trying to push WG for prizing on our behalf, WG shot him down.  

-I have now sent a proposal e-mail to the e-mail address above with the basic premise of the league and their need to support the clan community.  (their response is PENDING)

Itis the least they could do for those of us that are die-hards and have played along all this time waiting for them to get the show on the road and make clan participation a regular part of the game.

Tonzzo #36 Posted 27 February 2016 - 08:00 PM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Maybe we should approach makers of other games to "sponsor" this....  Sure its a silly idea but we get advertising all the times like in warplanes.today for "other" games....  If this is a "community" made league and WarGaming does not want to support it....  Well they shouldn't have a say in what or who we chose to work with to get it done....  In the end if we stream it and have it more of a visible thing we have a better chance of getting these sponsorship.  The fact that WG has made it clear that they will not sponsor their own product or advertise it in anyway should EXCLUDE them from even being able to sponsor this league.  Just my opinion...

Here was a interesting Vid on this subject.  Lets just do it in spite of WG...  :sceptic:

MelBrooks #37 Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 30270 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I know how Post feels........good idea by Tonzzo. Now if this succeeds, and player base increases, we need to talk about kickbacks Ghost.........

Tonzzo #38 Posted 27 February 2016 - 10:37 PM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Lol... Oh there is a kick....  But good luck kicking back....

honorabili #39 Posted 28 February 2016 - 02:45 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 16163 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

What days and what times? Also, look at team battles in World of Warships. Too bad they're not implementing that here.

Tonzzo #40 Posted 28 February 2016 - 03:00 AM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Posthonorabili, on 28 February 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

What days and what times? Also, look at team battles in World of Warships. Too bad they're not implementing that here.

WoWp burn job.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users