tournament league

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

PostTraumatic #1 Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:39 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 188 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I am proposing a new competition activity.  This is a LEAGUE (more like a bowling league)

(the details are not set in stone so continue to look at this particular post for current edits)

I would like constructive community input.  feel free to discuss.

I want to put it out there that I have asked GhostPrime to help with this and I am awaiting hearing back from him.  If he does not respond it will go forward regardless.

I have approached WG about this tournament but have not yet been given the prizing.  I will run this with or without prizing if they do not give it to us.  The whole focus is Fun, more clan vs. clan battles and more regular involvement.  More clan interactions etc.  If they require I hand the idea over to them completely in order to add prizing, I will be willing to do so as long as the basic "League" idea is maintained.

I will announce registration date and start date after the current Air Raid 8 tournament is completed.

Team representatives from each team should send me the weekly battle results for the previous week by Friday Midnight.  

I have approached WG about this tournament but have not yet been given the prizing.  I will run this with or without prizing if they do not give it to us.  The whole focus is Fun, more clan vs. clan battles and more regular involvement.  More clan interactions etc.

So if we get 11 clans involved for instance, this will go over a 10 week period.  If 7 clans involved it will be over a 6 week period.  etc...   Do not join if you cannot commit to having members be there.   This is a battle of attrition and keeping your team in the battle and showing up to fight every week together.

All participating clans need to assign a main contact to be their liaison officer to myself and all other involved clans.  It will be this Clan representative that will discuss with the other clan representative ahead of time and decide who is setting up the room etc.  I put the responsibility of direct communication on the assigned Liaisons.  Get screenshots if you need to back up the conversation over when agreement

All current rules are subject to discussion and change by myself and I will clarify all rules involved.  

This is a simple formula.  This will work I believe.  I do reserve the right to fly with my clan.

Anyone not in a clan that is looking for a clan to be in for this League, there are many good clans to choose from.  Many list in the forum and are in the game regularly.  So get involved that way or start your own clan.

All interested clans need to Send me a PM with your confirmation for inclusion.  I will need to have that main contact name for communications purposes assigned.  Preferably have your assigned contact send me the notification

Good luck out there Pilots!

Edited by PostTraumatic, 08 March 2016 - 04:09 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:49 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
Why does it have to be clan only?  Why cant a team register?

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

PostTraumatic #3 Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 188 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
Just how it is.  This is a clan based tournament

MARS_REVENANT #4 Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:54 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostPostTraumatic, on 11 February 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

Just how it is.  This is a clan based tournament

Good luck with your tournament, I am excluded from participating.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

PostTraumatic #5 Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:55 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 188 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
join a clan and you can get in the action.  there are many to choose from

Carronade32 #6 Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:28 PM

• 36 battles

I will only join a clan to play in the league if all members are required to wear matching bowling WoWP League shirts!

Tonzzo #7 Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:31 PM

Captain

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
only 7 from a clan?  So less that 10% of our clan can participate?  OH BOY! :B

PostTraumatic #8 Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:37 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 188 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

up to 21 members per week can play from each clan actually.  3 battles of 7.  I think 5 battles per night would be too much.  Thoughts?  

I am open to altering the quantities but this is how it is for now.  

League shirts are highly recommended.  If you all have your league shirt post photos lol

Edited by PostTraumatic, 11 February 2016 - 10:46 PM.

rockandroll_hero #9 Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:47 PM

Master Sergeant

• 90 battles
  • [CHKAL] CHKAL
Hello Post. please do not take attack aircraft. On more than one occasion we broke the pattern of aircraft high altitude aircraft low and we were not so bad.
A 265 me is the heavy fighter that we can use in such cases.
It's fun to surprise the enemy.

rockandroll_hero #10 Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:50 PM

Master Sergeant

• 90 battles
  • [CHKAL] CHKAL
I like the idea and if possible will participate.

PostTraumatic #11 Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:54 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 188 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
I am willing to discuss the topic of GA further and want more feedback on the point but the nature of the tournament is air battle.  If i did allow a GA it would be only one per team.  At this time until there is further input I will keep it how it is but I appreciate the opinion and it is noted.

Tonzzo #12 Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:21 PM

Captain

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostPostTraumatic, on 11 February 2016 - 10:37 PM, said:

up to 21 members per week can play from each clan actually.  3 battles of 7.  I think 5 battles per night would be too much.  Thoughts?

I am open to altering the quantities but this is how it is for now.

League shirts are highly recommended.  If you all have your league shirt post photos lol

So if your in a clan with 100 members.  That would mean that each clan member would play less than 1 battle a month.  And since it goes for a 10 week period....  That would equate to 2 or 3 battles per person.....  Granted I don't think any clan could arrange that anyways and thankfully I didn't see a "all clan members must participate rule like little league" THANK GOD.....

Honestly if I was to take this game seriously and play "Clan Wars" esk....  Tournaments.  I would want to be on a team that practices and puts in the time to be good.  Regular practices and regular teamwork type atmosphere....  I understand what you are saying.  A total of 21 members could play each week.  Likely that would not happen as each clan would always want to put the best team forward.  I would not spend the prep time needed to get the oportuinty to play less than one battle in 4 weeks.

Also if you are talking to GhostPrime I'm sure he would also agree that this rule limits the amount of people that can participate and therefore less likely to get funding.

Just saying my two brain cells seem to be working together on this to make a thought....  Amazing things happen when they work together....  Just saying... :P

GouIdy #13 Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles
You should probably look at having as many teams participate as possible (IE more than 1 team per clan & allow rando teams) with set rosters.

rockandroll_hero #14 Posted 11 February 2016 - 11:51 PM

Master Sergeant

• 90 battles
  • [CHKAL] CHKAL

I proposed a while ago are battles squads ... league in teams of 2 ... if you like

Edited by rockandroll_hero, 11 February 2016 - 11:52 PM.

CrayoIaCrayon #15 Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I personally love this idea.  I would also keep it as clan only.  This actually gives a use for being in a clan.  As far as team size there are two sides to every coin.  Some clans are large, some are small.  Making these 15 on 15 would cut out some of the smaller clans from participating just as much as the smaller teams would limit clan involvement.  As far as practicing as a team, you just practice as a clan.  Have everyone know the setups you like to run and how to go about doing things and then when you split everyone knows what's going on.

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

PostTraumatic #16 Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:02 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 188 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

I am only keeping one team per clan but if we all can do larger matches or more of them we can alter it.  I am not opposed to having it be 10v10 or 15v15 even if the clans can all muster it.  I just figured this would be a good starting point and if we are all bulging with active players I will alter it for everyone.  I do not see many clans actually having this problem and as Jetway said we want smaller clans to be included

Part of the tactic is deciding if you run your "A" team every match or not also and when to sub players in...

It puts a lot of pressure on clans to mass that many people for that many weeks also and this level of commitment to your clan should be able to maintain without strain.  With it how it is you can plug anyone in your clan in if you are short people.

Edited by PostTraumatic, 12 February 2016 - 12:09 AM.

Tonzzo #17 Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:17 AM

Captain

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Exactly....  It will create issues where clans will have to try and either let many people participate or lose good players to other clans because they want to play....  Ahhhh.....  Wait.....

ViolentAngel #18 Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 11 February 2016 - 05:37 PM, said:

You should probably look at having as many teams participate as possible (IE more than 1 team per clan & allow rando teams) with set rosters.

Agreed. One of the things that is really good about the Air Raids setup is that teams could be all from the same clan, mixed clans, no-clans, etc. So long as the roster was fixed and the participants could commit to the schedule. AR6 and AR7 were able to host 16 teams using that format. To further Tonzzo's point, the motivation for me to join a clan in order to participate in this league is significantly dampened by the fact that I would likely only be able to participate in a handful of matches.

"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake

CrayoIaCrayon #19 Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTonzzo, on 11 February 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

Exactly....  It will create issues where clans will have to try and either let many people participate or lose good players to other clans because they want to play....  Ahhhh.....  Wait.....

Why would I want other people to leave clans?  I'm in dracs

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

Tonzzo #20 Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:42 AM

Captain

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostJetway, on 12 February 2016 - 12:28 AM, said:

Why would I want other people to leave clans?  I'm in dracs

I didnt say you did.  Im just saying that I can see that this is going to be a side effect type issue with such a rule.  If clans want to put their A team forward it wont be long and the B, C, and even D team will want to either start a new clan or get recruited by a Clan with a less than stellar A team.....  Do you think I'm totally off base?  Also the other issue with the rule is that it limits the participation of the whole community which makes it harder for WGNA to fund such a league.  I'm not trying to shoot the league idea down...  I like it...  I just think this is a weak point in the overall idea is all.....

:great:

Edited by Tonzzo, 12 February 2016 - 12:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users