Community Air Raid (8)

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

HoH_Wolfblitz #21 Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18263 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostJetway, on 02 February 2016 - 09:26 PM, said:

It wouldn't bother me to run one, especially since everyone loves me but I will be playing if I can make a clan team.

Nope, can't do that. JLNN has made it abundantly clear that if you play in the tournament, it would be a conflict of interest.

Jetway #22 Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15584 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Eh it's a conflict of interest no matter what.  The only way you get around that is find someone with no friends or clan affiliations whatsoever.

Jetway.png

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game

Tonzzo #23 Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:11 PM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostJetway, on 02 February 2016 - 11:08 PM, said:

Eh it's a conflict of interest no matter what.  The only way you get around that is find someone with no friends or clan affiliations whatsoever.

Or a WGNA employee?

GiN_nTonic #24 Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:21 PM

Captain

• 19581 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Even if someone could be completely unbiased and play in the tourney, there would always be an issue if a determination was made that benefited the team that person played on.  Killerpop realized this, and choose not to play in the tourney.

However, in a peace offering rejected by Marco, I had recommended that Marco help admin the tourney up to the point of it actually starting.  Thereafter, someone else makes "rulings" etc.  If that is what you want to do Jet, then I'd say that would be much welcomed.

We would still need to find someone to make rulings upon issues that might arise.

Jetway #25 Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15584 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Eh I understand what you're saying jlnn.  The problem is there are no issues that could arise now.  The rules cover everything.  Had a rule been in place for scheduling the last battle then there would have been no problem with AR 7.  Honestly it wouldn't have been a horrible issue if the team captains could have went on with their resolution to the problem.  We actually had a slight issue in air raid 6 when dracs played SF.  We went to kpop since he was already in our ts in another channel and told him about it.  He said well first see if you guys can get together and work it out and if you can do that then everything's good.  That's what we did.  Most people in this game are adults and can take care of things themselves.  I'm sure the rules have been broken by lots of teams multiple times such as start times for the matches and so forth but everyone went ahead and played because that's what they were there for.

Jetway.png

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game

GiN_nTonic #26 Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:54 PM

Captain

• 19581 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
OK, one of the guys who I approached has agreed to be the admin, but he did so on the condition of having a co-admin to help.  We are nearly there.

ViolentAngel #27 Posted 03 February 2016 - 04:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 16644 battles
<< would play on a team if wanted

"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake

GiN_nTonic #28 Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:47 AM

Captain

• 19581 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

I am happy to announce that FosterBrooks (formally Purdue) the E/O at Warhawks will be the Administrator for this event.  Jetway (Dracs) will be the co-admin.  Purdue (foster) will not be playing, or have any interest in a team playing in the event.

Apart from now handing everything over to them, and securing the prizing, I will have no further admin involvement in AR 8.  Good luck to everyone, and Jetway will start a roster sign-in.

MARS_REVENANT #29 Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:38 PM

Major

• 33786 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostJlNN, on 09 January 2016 - 05:04 PM, said:

Many in WS and other clans want to participate in a tournament - but they dont want to participate in a proprietary/privately run event.  I've decided to at least start the organization on a different tournament.  However, I will not be administrating the tournament - rather, a completely independent, well respected in neutrality, and experienced (game experience) player will be this tournaments admin (to be announced).

General info.

1. Start Date - Feb 19th 2016 (letting the other tourney finish - note change date based upon WG request)

2. Registration begins Feb 1st 2016 12pm EST closes Feb 12th 2016 12pm EST

3. Rules - same as AR6, with small adjustments to be finalized by admin

4. Prizing - Gold - to be announced exactly, but we will make it enough to be well worth it.

5. Admin to be announced within 7-10 days of this post.

I will be listing the clans which support this tourney and format - after I specifically get their permission to post such.  There is a lot of interest in a tournament, and i'm merely going to help push this along slightly. Other successful Air Raids in the past have had a fundamental format of independent, non-participating admins that are respected in the community.  

View PostJlNN, on 03 February 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

I am happy to announce that FosterBrooks (formally Purdue) the E/O at Warhawks will be the Administrator for this event.  Jetway (Dracs) will be the co-admin.  Purdue (foster) will not be playing, or have any interest in a team playing in the event.

Apart from now handing everything over to them, and securing the prizing, I will have no further admin involvement in AR 8.  Good luck to everyone, and Jetway will start a roster sign-in.

View PostJlNN, on 18 February 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

The prizing money has been committed - but we've asked WG to at least be the ones to distribute it.  That is really the only thing pending.  Should they refuse then I dont know what next, but the Admins of the event need to decide what to do.

Record for JLNN literally putting his money where his mouth is 0% W/R.

So what was the point of the whole AR8 fiasco cause by JLNN?  Nothing but an attempt at grandeur and a fail at it leaving everyone else doing the work and putting up prizing.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

BobozeeBear #30 Posted 12 March 2016 - 09:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 24809 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Sensing a Marco troll post here...

Why are you bringing this up now Marco after all this time? What fiasco? Did you not receive your winnings from the tourney?

Are you sure you have all the facts before you posted this? you wouldn't want to look foolish...again.

For the record, I had a great time, AR8 was a great event, well admin'ed, no drama, and competition was fierce.

Much respect to all the participating teams and a special shout out to the our adversaries in the finals Nooblets. The guys that flew against us were awesome, it was a nail biter all the way to the end. Makes me look forward to AR9.

Bobo  

Edited by BobozeeBear, 13 March 2016 - 05:04 AM.

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

MelBrooks #31 Posted 13 March 2016 - 09:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 30182 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Thanks Bobo.....the money was there, nobody wanted it. End of story. Next tournament please.

EspressoForHammy #32 Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:58 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 12 March 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

Rabies.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Tonzzo #33 Posted 14 March 2016 - 08:02 PM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 14 March 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

Rabies.

I thought you put him on a leash Hammy.....  What happened?

EspressoForHammy #34 Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:39 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostTonzzo, on 14 March 2016 - 03:02 PM, said:

I thought you put him on a leash Hammy.....  What happened?

He slipped the leash, put on a voice modulator, claimed his name was Vladimir Putin and went running and flapping about in his Canadian yard in his skivvies. I don't know what happened next but I heard what sounded like growling, gunshots, and weird slurping sounds. That was the last time I've seen him.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Tonzzo #35 Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:20 PM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 15 March 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

He slipped the leash, put on a voice modulator, claimed his name was Vladimir Putin and went running and flapping about in his Canadian yard in his skivvies. I don't know what happened next but I heard what sounded like growling, gunshots, and weird slurping sounds. That was the last time I've seen him.

Well just remember that owning a pet is a big responsibility......  Its not all cupcakes and roses....  :trollface:

MARS_REVENANT #36 Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:32 PM

Major

• 33786 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostBobozeeBear, on 12 March 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

Sensing a Marco troll post here...

Nope, just shedding light on a liar. Who happens a proven cheater.

Why are you bringing this up now Marco after all this time? What fiasco? Did you not receive your winnings from the tourney?

Its not about me not receiving prizing, it is about someone promising and then not delivering.  Hence making them a liar.

Are you sure you have all the facts before you posted this? you wouldn't want to look foolish...again.

Oh I have all the facts, look foolish??? nah... Fact:  others had to step in to offer prizing.  Fact: prizing wasn't properly announced or detailed to start with... and surprise!!! It didn't go as promised (see above posts)

For the record, I had a great time, AR8 was a great event, well admin'ed, no drama, and competition was fierce.

Agreed, Jetway and FosterBrooks put on a good tournament. Based on the forums, they are the only 2 to contribute anything to the tournament. So good job to them! 

Much respect to all the participating teams and a special shout out to the our adversaries in the finals Nooblets. The guys that flew against us were awesome, it was a nail biter all the way to the end. 

Same, as hydrated as I kept Nooblets, it just wasn't enough.

Makes me look forward to AR9.

Hopefully the trolling wont be present for whoever decides to put their efforts to running it.

Bobo 

View PostFosterBrooks, on 13 March 2016 - 04:01 PM, said:

Thanks Bobo.....the money was there, nobody wanted it.
Not exactly true.  We wanted the prizing as it was promised.  Someone breaking their promise, and having someone else come forward ant take responsibility is't fair.  That is why we refused prizing. 

End of story.
Agreed, end of story, and also the full story.

Next tournament please. 
Agreed.

Edited by THEMARCO1979, 15 March 2016 - 08:57 PM.

Tonzzo #37 Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:14 PM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Quick Hammy Dive on him while hes turning.....

MelBrooks #38 Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 30182 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
OK.....for the last time. Nobody approached us or others for prizing. We offered as did a few others because we felt that no one should shoulder the entire burden on their shoulders of sponsorship. It was very amicable and done in the spirit of the community. Since people declined is their choice, but to hold this unsubstantiated grudge and to continually bring it up looks a little ridiculous.

MARS_REVENANT #39 Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:58 PM

Major

• 33786 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostFosterBrooks, on 15 March 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

OK.....for the last time. Nobody approached us or others for prizing. We offered as did a few others because we felt that no one should shoulder the entire burden on their shoulders of sponsorship. It was very amicable and done in the spirit of the community. Since people declined is their choice, but to hold this unsubstantiated grudge and to continually bring it up looks a little ridiculous.

From your own words in TeamSPeak "JL is only going to take care of his own team". Apparently you went into a bit of a rant about the situation.  Why say on thing in TS and post something different on the forums?

Edited by THEMARCO1979, 15 March 2016 - 10:03 PM.

Tonzzo #40 Posted 15 March 2016 - 10:02 PM

Captain

• 19569 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Foster,

Please understand that he is not going to let it go.  He will not stop naming and shaming JlNN even if he has to take any little thing to twist into something.  The moderators can 3day him over and over and yet still he will continue.  Its very easy for a liar to call someone a liar....  All he has to do is LIE!!!!!!!!

Everyone has agreed about the prizing with the exception of Marco....  That's proof enough even if his anti WS post after post isn't proof that he is simply got his knickers in a wad....

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users