Well.... I use to be good at this game.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Solodive #1 Posted 02 January 2016 - 12:23 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 296 battles

After taking a long break from this game I have returned only to see that yet again EVERY control preference has changed. So I have come here to seek help from the awesome community that is WoWp. So, instead of endlessly ranting my frustrations with the new control and all the problems I am having I will simply explain what I am trying to do. Oh, also I am strictly a gamepad user (xbox 360 controller) and unwilling to change... I've tried. I am also proficient in Xpadder, setting the control graphs, and all that stuff. I know what I want I just cant seem to get it. Basically I want to control my aircraft without any of the added assistance like auto rolling, auto flaps, and all that noise.

The gamepad control scheme provides me with the ability to map the axis's however does not lock the camera. On the other hand, the joystick control scheme allows me to lock the camera but I cannot map BOTH right and left yaw on the triggers (only one). All I want:

1) Locked camera

2) Right/Left triggers are rudders (valuable control 0% - 100%)

3) Weapon grouping 1-3 on gamepad scheme?

p.s. here are some videos of what I use to be about. Also i think this was beta.

https://www.youtube....h?v=yzQrpSZ4btQ

https://www.youtube....h?v=s5YUgFEw24M

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Edited by Solodive, 02 January 2016 - 12:28 AM.

GiN_nTonic #2 Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:06 AM

Captain

• 19069 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

I didn't like the current patch control and gun characteristics (well 1.9 anyway) until I really gave it a chance, and then I ended up liking many things better than before.  This isn't to say WG didn't mess-up some serious other elements of the game we'd have to go back to 1.4 to get back - but I wont get into that.

Since I dont use a game-pad I can't help you much.  Hopefully someone can, but I just wanted to say give it a chance and I think this game release will grow on you like it did me.

Solodive #3 Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:30 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 296 battles
It's beyond the point of simple change. The very foundation of flight mechanics have been perverted in order to accommodate less skilled pilots. Which by the way is totally fine, don't get me wrong. However, preventing someone from using unadulterated flight control input is down right wrong. And to think... I was actually debating dumping a chunk of money into this game just to purchase my favorite airplanes from my time spent in beta. 

Solodive #4 Posted 02 January 2016 - 03:31 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 296 battles
You might as well play a racing game that auto-brakes for you in the turns..........

Psicko23 #5 Posted 02 January 2016 - 11:40 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18508 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

If you go into settings you can change the auto roll in turns, auto level, auto flaps,  etc. You may have to use xmodder to make the changes in getting triggers set up for yaw and the fire groups. 

Maybe you can setup the rudders in the secondary column of the button mapping. 

Edited by Psicko23, 02 January 2016 - 11:41 AM.

Solodive #6 Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:18 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 296 battles
yes you can do that, but you cannot have variable control with rudders. only off/on. no power percentages.

GouIdy #7 Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17111 battles

View PostSolodive, on 02 January 2016 - 02:18 PM, said:

yes you can do that, but you cannot have variable control with rudders. only off/on. no power percentages.

This is an arcade game not a flight sim.

Solodive #8 Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:09 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 296 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 02 January 2016 - 07:29 PM, said:

This is an arcade game not a flight sim.

game genres have nothing to do with button mapping. if you can assign this type of action to one control scheme but not another, that is a simple, yet devastating, lack of programming over site.

GouIdy #9 Posted 02 January 2016 - 09:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17111 battles

View PostSolodive, on 02 January 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

game genres have nothing to do with button mapping. if you can assign this type of action to one control scheme but not another, that is a simple, yet devastating, lack of programming over site.

You were asking for variable rudder settings not just simple button mappings. You should try pm'ing Dr.Sinister as I know he messed around with gamepad a bit & is quite knowledgeable in the WOWP mod world & might be able to help you with mapping issues.

Solodive #10 Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:08 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 296 battles
I did. And he didn't know how.

Psicko23 #11 Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18508 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostSolodive, on 02 January 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

what other scheme can you map variable rudders? Im pretty sure you can't do that with a kayboard. It's been awhile since I've used joysticks. If you can with a joystick, then that is included in the design of the joystick. Yeah, things have changed since beta from what I know.  Did they have variable rudder in beta? 

Solodive #12 Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:24 AM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 296 battles

View PostPsicko23, on 29 January 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

what other scheme can you map variable rudders? Im pretty sure you can't do that with a kayboard. It's been awhile since I've used joysticks. If you can with a joystick, then that is included in the design of the joystick. Yeah, things have changed since beta from what I know.  Did they have variable rudder in beta? 

Indeed they did. Use to be able to map rudder to one OR two axis's. Right now the best way I see of this mapping of both triggers is to some how assign left and right trigger to the right stick (left/right).

anyone know of another program similar to xpadder?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users