Air Raid 8 (proposed)

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

GiN_nTonic #1 Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:04 AM

Captain

• 19594 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

The other two threads on an AR 8 have been closed by its creator.  I have no idea if there was going to be a 3rd thread, but I dont feel an objection on admin issue is reason to abandon the tourney idea moving forward.

First, I think its great Marco wanted to step forward and get an AR8 going.  My initial comment was simple - whoever plays in the tourney shouldn't administer the tourney.  To me, this seems like a basic 101 of competitions.  Killerpop handled an AR the same way, and did a great job - but he didn't participate on a team.

In the background of all of this, a few of the larger/most active clan leaders have been PM-ing.  There is agreement on this main issue, and I am going to talk more with those leaders to see about putting this together.  My involvement is planned to the point of getting a new, agreeable, disassociated, respected admin for a proposed AR8.  Obviously WG final approval will be necessary if its going to be label Air Raid 8.

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:01 AM

Major

• 33800 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

They were closed on my request due to the trolling.

Looking forward to seeing what you put together come into a reality.

Sad to see you waited till I tried to put another tournament on, to pull something like this.  But oh well, it will all come out in the wash.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

EspressoForHammy #3 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:02 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

So you are hosting a tournament that is trying to mutiny against the original tournament, which you did NOTHING to get off the ground.

The pettiness and arrogance of this astounds me. I sincerely hope Marco acts on my request and bans you from AR8.

Edited by EspressoForHammy, 28 December 2015 - 03:03 AM.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

EspressoForHammy #4 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:06 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5307 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostJlNN, on 27 December 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

...but I dont feel an objection on admin issue is reason to abandon the tourney idea moving forward.

I don't feel an objection on admin issue is reason to even slow down the awesome first tourney idea that was presented, much less abandon it.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

GiN_nTonic #5 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:06 AM

Captain

• 19594 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 28 December 2015 - 03:02 AM, said:

So you are hosting a tournament that is trying to mutiny against the original tournament, which you did NOTHING to get off the ground.

The pettiness and arrogance of this astounds me. I sincerely hope Marco acts on my request and bans you from AR8.

You and your troll groupie aren't going to run things in this game. 

GiN_nTonic #6 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:09 AM

Captain

• 19594 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 28 December 2015 - 03:06 AM, said:

I don't feel an objection on admin issue is reason to even slow down the awesome first tourney idea that was presented, much less abandon it.

Feel however you want - climb whatever tree you want.  You, in your comment talking about your suggestion to "ban" me from our tourney as if Marco could do that - is the point I am making.  That is true arrogance you self-centered  - .

GiN_nTonic #7 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:16 AM

Captain

• 19594 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Hammy - before you make more a fool of yourself, you might want to check with your clan leader to see the official Drac position on this issue of tourney's being administered by participants. 

Edited by JlNN, 28 December 2015 - 03:17 AM.

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:16 AM

Major

• 33800 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

Going along the lines of not having Tournament Administrators have any sort of conflict of interest with tournament participants, will you as the WS leader be stepping down from your position?  Or will you simply make it so that no WS clan members are allowed to participate?  I would assume that the same would apply to all the other Clan leaders that will be involved in our administration committee.  Right?  Because the last thing this community needs is another CCWB committee.  We all know what happened behind the curtains there right?

Please explain how you as a clan leader, or any other clan leader, or clan member for that matter will not have any conflict of interest administering the tournament?

GiN_nTonic #9 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:20 AM

Captain

• 19594 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 28 December 2015 - 03:16 AM, said:

Going along the lines of not having Tournament Administrators have any sort of conflict of interest with tournament participants, will you as the WS leader be stepping down from your position?  Or will you simply make it so that no WS clan members are allowed to participate?  I would assume that the same would apply to all the other Clan leaders that will be involved in our administration committee.  Right?  Because the last thing this community needs is another CCWB committee.  We all know what happened behind the curtains there right?

Please explain how you as a clan leader, or any other clan leader, or clan member for that matter will not have any conflict of interest administering the tournament?

I said in my opening comment - I am merely helping to get the tourney to the point of having an admin that is unbiased, not playing, and overall respected. 

1. Who it ends up being isn't controlled by me, I was looking for a consensus vote of confidence following nomination.

2. I would not participate in rule making etc.

3. I'd have no connection post appointment of this person.

However, if there was a real concern I tainted anything, Id be the first to step aside and not play.  That is the point of organizers - the responsibility of those types of people.  You guys are acting like this is somehow a new idea, when its one of the most basic principles in any competition.

Frankly, my initial comment was respectful and valid.  You, along with your #trollhomies decided to take this to another level.

Edited by JlNN, 28 December 2015 - 03:23 AM.

GouIdy #10 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:22 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18500 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Funny thing is I remember when JINN got involved in community run clan wars fiasco that George put on.  JINN & Post Traumatic colluded to game the rules to maximize their gold take for each others clans. It was even funnier when they turned on each other. We need someone with some integrity to organize a tournament & obviously JINN isn't a good candidate.

MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:24 AM

Major

• 33800 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostJlNN, on 27 December 2015 - 10:20 PM, said:

I said in my opening comment - I am merely helping to get the tourney to the point of having an admin that is unbiased, not playing, and overall respected. 

1. Who it ends up being isn't controlled by me, I was looking for a consensus vote of confidence following nomination.

2. I would not participate in rule making etc.

3. I'd have no connection post appointment of this person.

However, if there was a real concern I tainted anything, Id be the first to step aside and not play.  That is the point of organizers - the responsibility of those types of people.

By your own statements, pre or post involvement, is a conflict of interest.  Any involvement whatsoever by anyone will be a conflict of interest as they will be involved somehow to someone participating.  This whole tournament idea you have is a farce to get gold for you and your clan.

At this point, for creditability's sake, I would excuse yourself as well as every member of your clan from involvement in this tournament.

I'm sorry JLNN, but you said it yourself, you CAN NOT have any relation to participants.  Setting it up and then leaving it for someone else to run while you and your clan participate IS THE BIGGEST CONFLICT AND GOLD-GRAB I have ever seen since it was done during the CCWB.

Edited by THEMARCO1979, 28 December 2015 - 03:28 AM.

GiN_nTonic #12 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:25 AM

Captain

• 19594 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostGouIdy, on 28 December 2015 - 03:22 AM, said:

Funny thing is I remember when JINN got involved in community run clan wars fiasco that George put on.  JINN & Post Traumatic colluded to game the rules to maximize their gold take for each others clans. It was even funnier when they turned on each other. We need someone with some integrity to organize a tournament & obviously JINN isn't a good candidate.

Again...English man, English.  Word put together make up statements.  I am not proposing to run anything, and that issue was a good example of why admins should not be participates.  Being your not too bright, I will refresh you on the fact George left it abruptly and we didn't go into the CWs with that format in mind - or we wouldn't have participated.

Edited by JlNN, 28 December 2015 - 03:26 AM.

GouIdy #13 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:28 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18500 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostJlNN, on 27 December 2015 - 10:25 PM, said:

Again...English man, English.  Word put together make up statements.  I am not proposing to run anything, and that issue was a good example of why admins should not be participates.  Being your not to bright, I will refresh you on the fact George left it abruptly and we didn't go into the CWs with that format in mind - or we wouldn't have participated.

Ya but you did & you colluded with another clan & got caught, keep trying to back peddle out of the fact that you basically cheated.

ArrowZ_ #14 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:29 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9911 battles

Oh the temptation to join this debacle. Troll bait level is so HIGH. But I must resist.

Good luck on deciding the management for the next air raid jinn. Make sure your plusone possie know that if something goes wrong they have no excuse to complain since well... they chose the guy anyway.

I await the result of AR8.

Edited by ArrowZ_, 28 December 2015 - 04:31 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

GiN_nTonic #15 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:30 AM

Captain

• 19594 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 28 December 2015 - 03:24 AM, said:

By your own statements, pre or post involvement, is a conflict of interest.  Any involvement whatsoever by anyone will be a conflict of interest as they will be involved somehow to someone participating.  This whole tournament idea you have is a farce to get gold for you and your clan.

At this point, for creditability's sake, I would excuse yourself as well as every member of your clan from involvement in this tournament.

I'm sorry JLNN, but you said it yourself, you CAN NOT have any relation to participants.  Setting it up and then leaving it for someone else to run while you and your clan participate IS THE BIGGEST CONFLICT AND GOLD-GRAB I have ever seen since it was done during the CCWB.

If people feel I got too close I won't participate.  I said that clearly.

MARS_REVENANT #16 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:33 AM

Major

• 33800 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostJlNN, on 27 December 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:

If people feel I got too close I won't participate.  I said that clearly.

JLNN you are a clan leader.... it is not a question of just you participating anymore, the conflict of interest is so great that YOUR ENTIRE CLAN should now be excused.

Quite frankly I dont see how it should go any other way.  As well, any other Clan leaders should do the same.

GiN_nTonic #17 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:33 AM

Captain

• 19594 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostGouIdy, on 28 December 2015 - 03:28 AM, said:

Ya but you did & you colluded with another clan & got caught, keep trying to back peddle out of the fact that you basically cheated.

The issue of if rules were broken were brought up by me - meaning, the rules weren't clear and I wanted to make sure everyone knew what happened.  I was the only one that did it, and a quasi-committee decided to take away points earned by those actions.  Cheating would require advanced knowledge it was wrong, and I was the one who brought the issue to the attention of the other members.  No sane person questions the confusion of the rules last time.

I know I'm using words that are too large for you to understand, but try a dictionary. 

Edited by JlNN, 28 December 2015 - 03:34 AM.

GouIdy #18 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:36 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18500 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostJlNN, on 27 December 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

The issue of if rules were broken were brought up by me - meaning, the rules weren't clear and I wanted to make sure everyone knew what happened.  I was the only one that did it, and a quasi-committee decided to take away points earned by those actions.  Cheating would require advanced knowledge it was wrong, and I was the one who brought the issue to the attention of the other members.  No sane person questions the confusion of the rules last time.

I know I'm using words that are too large for you to understand, but try a dictionary. 

Blablabla you cheated.

GiN_nTonic #19 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:38 AM

Captain

• 19594 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostGouIdy, on 28 December 2015 - 03:36 AM, said:

Blablabla you cheated.

There is content in the blablabla....but I realize thats how you think, so good luck with that.

ArrowZ_ #20 Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9911 battles

The negbombs would go haywire in this thread. A disagreeable post = negbomb -20. A biased post that supports the major party = plusonecity. A minigame that a small few enjoyed far too much. Almost more than the game itself. And people want that system back.... Tsk tsk.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users