Double Heavies flights

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

CrayoIaCrayon #21 Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
When I started playing I went straight up the german light line.  At the time, I didn't even know they were the best, I just chose them because I always choose Germany in any game.  Then i started getting wrecked by 110's and 410's and thought man those are awesome planes so I went up the line and still got owned.  Then I learned how to fly them and have been addicted to them ever since.  I'm really bad about not paying attention to the ground so I like to stay as high above as possible.  One thing about flighting heavies is that it is hard to do a proper flight if you mix planes.  I can't clear a light fighter's tail very well as a heavy unless I have them fly straight.  They can't clear me unless I come down and even then they usually can't keep up.  It's much easier to flight the same kinds of planes.  As far as camping, I hate it.  I continue to make passes trying to kill planes until the game is over unless I have like 5 hp and even then I've found myself doing it and costing myself the win.  Every plane in this game has advantages and disadvantages.  Heavies choose when to engage but light fighters choose where.  Get in aa and then dodge.  Theoretically, low altitude planes should always have supremacy because they are low to kill GA quickly in the match where as if a heavy does that, he has lost his altitude advantage.  Also when people talk about the experiment, that was in the days of 15v15.  It wasn't just Cray and gang getting 200+ wins, they also got wins for 12 other players every single one of those matches.  In my mind it balances out unless you are coming up against another flight.  In that case you either don't have the skill or you need to quit crying and swap into planes that will beat them.  I'll be the first to admit that the reason I fly them is because my situational awareness is not the best.  I can't get in a furball and keep up with 5+ planes.  Heavies allow me to escape that and engage when I want to.  It doesn't make me feel bad in the slightest to fly a 410 20 battles in a row.  There are several planes that can own it outright, yet everyone cries about the plane.  Everyone should just fly what they want to and quit crying.  If you can't beat an hg2 in the plane you're flying, then learn how to or switch planes.  Whining in the forums isn't going to change anything.

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

CrayoIaCrayon #22 Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Btw who taught shocko how to use the forums?  I'm sure when he heard about them, he called us all out for hackers

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

SHOCKOJAMBO #23 Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:55 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
jetway never called you hack your not that good

Gang_Starr #24 Posted 21 December 2015 - 02:18 AM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostJetway, on 20 December 2015 - 08:52 PM, said:

Every plane in this game has advantages and disadvantages.

Not all advantages are created equal. What's easier, dodging 7 bots in AA in your LF while they all shoot at you, or making 7 bots stall and derp them in 2 minutes without taking any damage?

Tenks

Gang_Starr #25 Posted 21 December 2015 - 02:27 AM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
if there were no bots then I'd agree with you Jet, but as of 1.9 it is extremely easy to just camp high-altitude and then derp all the stalling bots at the end, even if you're down to 1vs8 at the end it's still easy to win because all of those resets will give you supremacy advantage which you can use to just camp at high alt and wait it out to win.

Tenks

TeamTerrible #26 Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• 234 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostSHOCKOJAMBO, on 20 December 2015 - 07:55 PM, said:

jetway never called you hack your not that good

+1

oldiowaguy #27 Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 145 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostSHOCKOJAMBO, on 20 December 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

hey oldiowaguy...I don't tell you what kind of depends to wear and when you pay my bills then you can say something

Awww, shock grow a little thicker hide. A little fun jabbing is to be expected around here! And I wear the super absorbant ones!

oldiowaguy #28 Posted 21 December 2015 - 01:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 145 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostZapperguy, on 19 December 2015 - 07:08 PM, said:

I commend you for making this thread. I was shocked that this was posted in the morning and by tonight you still have "Dracs" tags. This is exactly what so many other players have complained about since flights were introduced in beta. Historically members of your clan have been some of the worst offenders, stooping to personal attacks in the forum with a clan to "back them up" when they got called out for trolling. Some "Elite", stat-focused players virtually stopped playing when the flights switched from 3 to 2 because they feared the chance of a loss and a dip in stats. Lest we forget "the experiment" with a flight of 3x Bf110C-6 not losing for >200 battles in a row. "Stomp 'em 'til they quit" seemed to be the plan.

While your post is geared toward the highest tiers, think how a new player feels when he gets his first tier 3 and gets stomped into oblivion by a veteran flight of Bf110b's that troll there all day. This isn't a problem limited to high tiers only.

Kudos to you for having the courage to post what seems to go directly against how many in your clan feel.

:honoring:

Zap, we should cut NV a little slack. He was not a Drac when most of that occured.

EspressoForHammy #29 Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:34 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostZapperguy, on 19 December 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

I was shocked that this was posted in the morning and by tonight you still have "Dracs" tags.

I'm the only officer left in DRACS who's still on the forums, and I could give a crap what Envioux posts. He's good people.

I commend you for making this thread.

You missed the point of the thread. It was obviously a troll thread aimed at ZIGZIGGLER and it totally worked.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

oldiowaguy #30 Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 145 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 21 December 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

P6y3xEm.jpg

I'm the only officer left in DRACS who's still on the forums, and I could give a crap what Envioux posts. He's good people.

You missed the point of the thread. It was obviously a troll thread aimed at ZIGZIGGLER and it totally worked.

The last, and most entertaining one there, Hammy!

Gang_Starr #31 Posted 21 December 2015 - 04:03 PM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
LOL im dying @ the pic hahaha

Tenks

GouIdy #32 Posted 21 December 2015 - 05:35 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostGang_Starr, on 21 December 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

LOL im dying @ the pic hahaha

Traurig_Yoda #33 Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:22 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostEnvioux, on 19 December 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

I'll be honest that I definitely have done the sin of these "OP" flights. I can tell you it's easy, it's gratifying, and also it's one of the most frowned things to do in the game. I have grown a conscience to not do double heavies on occasion for the past year (ziggy corrected me as I played a round with van) because it's simply classless, or straight up dishonorable to the other team. You are basically asking them to leave by stomping people out of a tier. 

With the state of the game it is at right now, heavies are priced much higher than everything else. Even a bot heavy(ie, 228, hg's) can potentially carry a game, let alone 2 heavies in a flight who knows exactly how to fish and bait.

The other team simply has no chance of winning when the enemy human heavies play the "high alt stall bots, then kill them while they float" strategy. 

I'm sure many of you would agreed that anytime you see double heavies (assuming 3.0+ pilots), on the other end when you're on your own, it's basically over for you, (unless your bot somehow outnumbered them fast enough or purely by luck). Great players don't need to do double heavies to show skill, rather it's showing what skills you lack thereof.

I understand people want to win, but you win by showing skill, not by having a faster car.

So please, I am not discouraging flights. It's just that if you're gonna flight, make it a worthy fight, so people will have hope to fight another day. Ask yourself this: Are you going to queue Tier 9s or X on your own if you know there's a flight of HG3s waiting for you

Thanks for reading and happy hunting.

were you posting whining crap like this when flights of three HF were being flown as a mainstay by everyone, including your clans leadership? You indeed look like a hypocrite with this thread wearing a Drac tag.

Traurig_Yoda #34 Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:24 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 21 December 2015 - 10:34 AM, said:

no you are not the only officer still on the forums, you just post more than the rest of us.

Traurig_Yoda #35 Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I commend you for making this thread. I was shocked that this was posted in the morning and by tonight you still have "Dracs" tags. This is exactly what so many other players have complained about since flights were introduced in beta. Historically members of your clan have been some of the worst offenders, stooping to personal attacks in the forum with a clan to "back them up" when they got called out for trolling. Some "Elite", stat-focused players virtually stopped playing when the flights switched from 3 to 2 because they feared the chance of a loss and a dip in stats. Lest we forget "the experiment" with a flight of 3x Bf110C-6 not losing for >200 battles in a row. "Stomp 'em 'til they quit" seemed to be the plan.

While your post is geared toward the highest tiers, think how a new player feels when he gets his first tier 3 and gets stomped into oblivion by a veteran flight of Bf110b's that troll there all day. This isn't a problem limited to high tiers only.

Kudos to you for having the courage to post what seems to go directly against how many in your clan feel.

:honoring:

some of this junk is true, most is just zipperheads opinion, very few stopped playing due to the # in flights, zipper left out the horrendous mechanics that came along with the flight change, that's what mostly drove off the players, and the whining about flights didn't pick up until after release, but that doesn't help the spin zipper is trying to put on things, he too was in favor of playing by some tools 'HOUSE RULES, more of the same here hence zipper popping in to put his two cents on it.

Zapperguy #36 Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostTraurig_Yoda, on 21 December 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

some of this junk is true, most is just zipperheads opinion, very few stopped playing due to the # in flights, zipper left out the horrendous mechanics that came along with the flight change, that's what mostly drove off the players, and the whining about flights didn't pick up until after release, but that doesn't help the spin zipper is trying to put on things, he too was in favor of playing by some tools 'HOUSE RULES, more of the same here hence zipper popping in to put his two cents on it.

This forum can't get enough snarky comments from trolls who don't even play on the NA server anymore. Bravo, you answered the call as expected!

:facepalm:

mullyman #37 Posted 21 December 2015 - 07:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 38 battles

View PostGang_Starr, on 20 December 2015 - 09:27 PM, said:

if there were no bots then I'd agree with you Jet, but as of 1.9 it is extremely easy to just camp high-altitude and then derp all the stalling bots at the end, even if you're down to 1vs8 at the end it's still easy to win because all of those resets will give you supremacy advantage which you can use to just camp at high alt and wait it out to win.

Not really.  Lost of times you can lose due to the meter if they have a big enough lead.
mullyman.png

Gang_Starr #38 Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:29 PM

Captain

• 2 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postmullyman, on 21 December 2015 - 03:50 PM, said:

Not really.  Lost of times you can lose due to the meter if they have a big enough lead.

If you are losing in a tier 9-10 HF then you need tocseek major advice from somebody who knows how to play. I won 41 matches in a row solo while grinding my HGII after 1.9 came out. It was the easiest grind ever (and the most boring, because it was so easy)

Tenks

EspressoForHammy #39 Posted 21 December 2015 - 08:48 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostGang_Starr, on 21 December 2015 - 03:29 PM, said:

If you are losing in a tier 9-10 HF then you need tocseek major advice from somebody who knows how to play. I won 41 matches in a row solo while grinding my HGII after 1.9 came out. It was the easiest grind ever (and the most boring, because it was so easy)

I watch people in 262s lose to the meter all day. It's sad. They cannot hit the broad side of a barn, and make pass after futile pass. Mully is right; when you suck like him you lose to the meter quite a bit.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Traurig_Yoda #40 Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 3 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostZapperguy, on 21 December 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

This forum can't get enough snarky comments from trolls who don't even play on the NA server anymore. Bravo, you answered the call as expected!

:facepalm:

your best remark is I don't play on NA anymore, bravo you've definitely proven that the NA region is idi0t heaven.

Edited by Traurig_Yoda, 21 December 2015 - 10:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users