Double Heavies flights

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Nvfx #1 Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:34 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I'll be honest that I definitely have done the sin of these "OP" flights. I can tell you it's easy, it's gratifying, and also it's one of the most frowned things to do in the game. I have grown a conscience to not do double heavies on occasion for the past year (ziggy corrected me as I played a round with van) because it's simply classless, or straight up dishonorable to the other team. You are basically asking them to leave by stomping people out of a tier. 

With the state of the game it is at right now, heavies are priced much higher than everything else. Even a bot heavy(ie, 228, hg's) can potentially carry a game, let alone 2 heavies in a flight who knows exactly how to fish and bait.

The other team simply has no chance of winning when the enemy human heavies play the "high alt stall bots, then kill them while they float" strategy. 

I'm sure many of you would agreed that anytime you see double heavies (assuming 3.0+ pilots), on the other end when you're on your own, it's basically over for you, (unless your bot somehow outnumbered them fast enough or purely by luck). Great players don't need to do double heavies to show skill, rather it's showing what skills you lack thereof.

I understand people want to win, but you win by showing skill, not by having a faster car.

So please, I am not discouraging flights. It's just that if you're gonna flight, make it a worthy fight, so people will have hope to fight another day. Ask yourself this: Are you going to queue Tier 9s or X on your own if you know there's a flight of HG3s waiting for you

Thanks for reading and happy hunting.

Edited by Envioux, 20 December 2015 - 12:42 AM.

ViolentAngel #2 Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

I agree that it is very challenging when in this situation - and seemingly easy-mode for the opposing players. Have been running into this situation from the time I started (just after release), but in the current meta it seems even more effective because the bots don't play against that strategy very well at all. Good luck getting anyone to change their ways... when we had 3-plane flights, I was in the camp that tried to convince good players to fly the more challenging planes when in a flight for pretty much the reasons you state. Very few at the time were open to the idea, but it's still worth it to try.

:honoring:

"Fiery the Angels rose, & as they rose deep thunder roll’d"

-- William Blake

mnbv_fockewulfe #3 Posted 19 December 2015 - 02:54 PM

Captain

• 653 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Allow me to prove you wrong that heavy fighter flights are unbeatable...as soon as it's done uploading to youtube. :playing: 

On the other hand it was a good challenge for me to beat the flight of heavies.

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

ReRoll_Everyday #4 Posted 19 December 2015 - 04:28 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 19 December 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

Allow me to prove you wrong that heavy fighter flights are unbeatable...as soon as it's done uploading to youtube. :playing: 

If a flight of heavies lost at high tiers then they are really really bad players. Double HFs are easy mode, especially now that bots mindlessly stall trying to climb after them.

subwolve #5 Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 24 battles

View PostReRoll_Everyday, on 19 December 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

If a flight of heavies lost at high tiers then they are really really bad players. Double HFs are easy mode, especially now that bots mindlessly stall trying to climb after them.

Not really if you attack them in the right order. I remember the days of a flight of 3 ME410's and that was a pretty tough fight because when you attacked the rear aircraft than the front guy just looped and trashed you. Now that the 2 man flight rule is in force all you have to do is dodge the first guy and kill the second one assuming that they are not wing to wing. If they are wing to wing than it is easy mode but that rarely happens. I will admit that it is a challenge but it is also very rewarding when you single handedly trash a two man heavy flight. The same thing can be said for any two fast light fighters or multiroles by the way.

So I will continue to flight up with my friends and fly heavies because I enjoy it. If I am flying and I come across a flight that I just can't beat than I would just fly something else but that hasn't happened in a very long time. Most the time I don't see the same pilots in consecutive games. Maybe something like 2 out of 5 times but not every game, probably due to this MM system that we have now. Also nothing is stopping you from flighting up with a buddy and taking 2 heavies to counter the other team.

I see what you are trying to say. I just don't agree with your opinion but at least you aren't calling for the removal of flights. After they changed flights to two persons instead of three I figured it wouldn't take long for them to be removed totally but to my surprise they haven't and not many people are suggesting it.

GouIdy #6 Posted 19 December 2015 - 06:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View Postsubwolve, on 19 December 2015 - 12:52 PM, said:

"stuff"

When the previous poster said " high tiers " that doesn't mean tier 6, he was talking about tiers 9 & 10.

mnbv_fockewulfe #7 Posted 19 December 2015 - 06:22 PM

Captain

• 653 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/42643-lone-wulf/

I wouldn't say they were bad players. Just that I was better. :izmena:

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

GouIdy #8 Posted 19 December 2015 - 06:42 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 19 December 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/42643-lone-wulf/

I wouldn't say they were bad players. Just that I was better. :izmena:

#1 the bot 250 was horrible

#2 the flight of Z's were bad

#3 you were in a tier 8 & barely beat a baddie flight in tier7's

Don't really see where the challenge was.

losttwo #9 Posted 19 December 2015 - 08:56 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostEnvioux, on 19 December 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

I'll be honest that I definitely have done the sin of these "OP" flights...................

..........................................................................................................................................edited for brevity................................................................................

So please, I am not discouraging flights. It's just that if you're gonna flight, make it a worthy fight, so people will have hope to fight another day. Ask yourself this: Are you going to queue Tier 9s or X on your own if you know there's a flight of HG3s waiting for you

While your sentiment is good I do not agree with your opinion of it being classless or dishonorable.

Even when I fly solo there are times I am up to the challenge and times I would rather just switch tiers and planes.

This entire thread is similar to asking someone with exceptional skill not to flight up, fly certain planes or tiers.

Some matches will be more challenging than others and by purchasing more hangars and retaining planes one then has more options

on what and when to fly.

While I am at it. If I request you lawndart, please do. So I can still try and win the match with out having to try and defeat you.

Edited by losttwo, 19 December 2015 - 11:19 PM.

tahee59 #10 Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 22 battles
that's funny coming from a dracs

Edited by tahee59, 20 December 2015 - 12:16 AM.

Nvfx #11 Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postlosttwo, on 19 December 2015 - 01:56 PM, said:

While your sentiment is good I do not agree with your opinion of it being classless or dishonorable.

Even when I fly solo there are times I am up to the challenge and times I would rather just switch tiers and planes.

This entire thread is similar to asking someone with exceptional skill not to flight up, fly certain planes or tiers.

Some matches will be more challenging than others and by purchasing more hangars and retaining planes one then has more options

on what and when to fly.

While I am at it. If I request you lawndart, please do. So I can still try and win the match with out having to try and defeat you.

No. I am not asking skilled pilots not to flight up. It's about diversity flying and giving other people a chance at it. At this point, why don't everyone, and I mean EVERYONE just fly heavies and remove lights from the game? I fly a F6U for 10 matches, and I meet a human (solo or flighted) HG2 in 7 out of those 10 games. I mean, come on guy!

EasternDragon_2014 #12 Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4 battles

View Posttahee59, on 19 December 2015 - 07:16 PM, said:

that's funny coming from a dracs

Yeah I was like "WAT???" when i read it....

But he's right anyways, for once. 

losttwo #13 Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:55 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostEnvioux, on 19 December 2015 - 07:16 PM, said:

. It's about diversity flying and giving other people a chance at it. At this point.

So in the same train of thought. Why don't the skilled pilots fly in the lower tiers but instead of pub stomping, go be a target ?

Why not just fly evasively and let the new guy try to shoot you ?

Why not ONLY clear tails of the new guy and or just stick by his wing to help him.

Why not just fly around and have fun rather than being so concerned about winning and walking away with massive medals ?

So why do so many people not fly a variety of aircraft ?

Why don't people fly the Yak 9 U or the A7M rather than the XF5U or the ME262 ?

Why don't people fly every plane available ?

When was the last time you jumped into an AO-192 to equal out a tier 2 match and help the new player against the

" seal clubbers " that don't show up in the forums ?

So you are asking people to give others a chance ?

Therefore the next time I am in a match I can ask you to lawndart so I have a chance at winning ?

I might come back and play if that was the case. My FPS is so bad that i do not stand a chance against anyone.

So I have to quit playing the game that I so readily enjoy because no one gives me a chance to win.

Zapperguy #14 Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostEnvioux, on 19 December 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

I'll be honest that I definitely have done the sin of these "OP" flights. I can tell you it's easy, it's gratifying, and also it's one of the most frowned things to do in the game. I have grown a conscience to not do double heavies on occasion for the past year (ziggy corrected me as I played a round with van) because it's simply classless, or straight up dishonorable to the other team. You are basically asking them to leave by stomping people out of a tier. 

With the state of the game it is at right now, heavies are priced much higher than everything else. Even a bot heavy(ie, 228, hg's) can potentially carry a game, let alone 2 heavies in a flight who knows exactly how to fish and bait.

The other team simply has no chance of winning when the enemy human heavies play the "high alt stall bots, then kill them while they float" strategy. 

I'm sure many of you would agreed that anytime you see double heavies (assuming 3.0+ pilots), on the other end when you're on your own, it's basically over for you, (unless your bot somehow outnumbered them fast enough or purely by luck). Great players don't need to do double heavies to show skill, rather it's showing what skills you lack thereof.

I understand people want to win, but you win by showing skill, not by having a faster car.

I commend you for making this thread. I was shocked that this was posted in the morning and by tonight you still have "Dracs" tags. This is exactly what so many other players have complained about since flights were introduced in beta. Historically members of your clan have been some of the worst offenders, stooping to personal attacks in the forum with a clan to "back them up" when they got called out for trolling. Some "Elite", stat-focused players virtually stopped playing when the flights switched from 3 to 2 because they feared the chance of a loss and a dip in stats. Lest we forget "the experiment" with a flight of 3x Bf110C-6 not losing for >200 battles in a row. "Stomp 'em 'til they quit" seemed to be the plan.

While your post is geared toward the highest tiers, think how a new player feels when he gets his first tier 3 and gets stomped into oblivion by a veteran flight of Bf110b's that troll there all day. This isn't a problem limited to high tiers only.

Kudos to you for having the courage to post what seems to go directly against how many in your clan feel.

:honoring:

Nvfx #15 Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postlosttwo, on 19 December 2015 - 05:55 PM, said:

So in the same train of thought. Why don't the skilled pilots fly in the lower tiers but instead of pub stomping, go be a target ?

Why not just fly evasively and let the new guy try to shoot you ?

Why not ONLY clear tails of the new guy and or just stick by his wing to help him.

Why not just fly around and have fun rather than being so concerned about winning and walking away with massive medals ?

So why do so many people not fly a variety of aircraft ?

Why don't people fly the Yak 9 U or the A7M rather than the XF5U or the ME262 ?

Why don't people fly every plane available ?

When was the last time you jumped into an AO-192 to equal out a tier 2 match and help the new player against the

" seal clubbers " that don't show up in the forums ?

So you are asking people to give others a chance ?

Therefore the next time I am in a match I can ask you to lawndart so I have a chance at winning ?

I might come back and play if that was the case. My FPS is so bad that i do not stand a chance against anyone.

So I have to quit playing the game that I so readily enjoy because no one gives me a chance to win.

I'm talking about tier 9 and 10.

I do fly yaks. I do fly 51H/FJ1 even if it's kind of mediocre. I would fly the la9 as soon as I get it. I flew the F6U when no one flew the Corsair line because of the F2G back when 1092s were the best LF.

As for new players, they have to ask! I will never go down to lower tiers, when they see me in high tiers, I can teach them if they ask. 

I have been willing to give people advice on how to fly and win even if it means jeopardizing my own winning chances. I get pretty frustrated over time as some just don't listen at all, that I just don't have that kind of energy to explain every little thing about the game, but I am still willing to tell them if they are willing to listen. 

As for your FPS problem, don't you have fix that yourself? That's like saying I broke my car and it's the dealership's fault.

Edited by Envioux, 20 December 2015 - 01:25 AM.

ReRoll_Everyday #16 Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:33 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
When I think of double HGII flights I never think of dracs, more like facks and falos as well as some grey wolves. Basically baddies that try to fly the most powerful planes because they get wrecked in anything else - it's the only way they can feel like they accomplished something. Why learn how to fly light fighters/MRs if you can get an ace every match shooting at stalling bots, and then hide at 5k meters when you have supremacy amirite?

TeamTerrible #17 Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

What confuses me is seeing only 7 battles and I wonder how does this dude know anything about tier 9

Then I look at the user name and I say oh its just somebody throwing it back in WG's face.

cqiyuan #18 Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 249 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Agreed. But for me--- a learning to fly pilot, I do prefer heavy flights hehehe :teethhappy:

RIP MY STATS. 

oldiowaguy #19 Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 145 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
But what would Shockopickens and Easyjambo have left? They can't fly anything else.

SHOCKOJAMBO #20 Posted 21 December 2015 - 12:50 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
hey oldiowaguy...I don't tell you what kind of depends to wear and when you pay my bills then you can say something

Edited by SHOCKOJAMBO, 21 December 2015 - 12:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users