Below you will find instructions on how to obtain the information we need to report issues:
Dxdiag Report -
- On your Windows task bar, click Start (Windows icon usually in the lower left corner of the screen).
- Select and press "Run" (if you do not see "Run", hold down the "Windows" button on your keyboard and press "R"). A "Run" window should pop up.
- In the "Run" window, type "dxdiag" and click "OK". A "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" window should pop up. Wait for it to finish gathering your info before saving.
- In the appeared window choose "Save all information".
- After you've saved the file, please attach it to your reply.
Game Log and Dump Log file -
- Press the windows key + R to open the run dialog, in the window that appears, type "%appdata%" and press Enter.
- In the folder that appears, proceed through the following folders:
- Wargaming.net > World of Warplanes > logs
Path follows as listed -
"C:\Users\[your_user_name]\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\World of Warplanes\logs\<crash logs indicated in error message>.log AND .dmp"
The log folder contains logs (.txt files for logs, and .dmp for dump/crash logs) generated for every play session you have from the time you open your game client until it closes.
.log files are named after the date, the log file for January 25th 2013 would be 130125_xxxx.log. We need two files with the same name, one that ends in .log and one that ends in .dmp, for example:
- 130125_11111.log and 130125_11111.dmp
The information the team needs are the ones generated at the time of your issue. So please make sure to provide the appropriate logs!
Pingplotter Report -
- First, install the following program on your computer: http://www.pingplott.../pngplt_std.exe
- Close all applications, including torrents, DC-clients, Skype, ICQ, Browser (IE, Mozilla Firefox, Opera), Mail client and etc. before proceeding (this will ensure we have accurate data on your connection)
- Launch the program, and maximize the dialog window.
- Type 18.104.22.168 in the field "Address to Trace" (upper left corner).
- Set 1 second in the field "Trace Interval".
- Press the "Trace" button (lower left corner) or the "Enter" button. Now wait ten minutes. (its a long wait but this gives the program time to generate a decent sized log to determine your connection stability)
- Now click the right mouse on each figure one by one in the upper window (green or yellow background) and select "Show this Timeline Graph" (If there is no tick opposite it - v !).
- As the result, there is a black band under each figure in the column and the number of diagrams should be equal to the highest number in the column.
- To set up the time scale on the diagrams (in the lower part of the window) it's required to click the right mouse and in the opened menu select the time scale you need.
- Save the results in the pp2-file. (In File, "Save Sample Set") and attach it to your reply.
You can take a screenshot by pressing the "PRT SCR" or Print Screen button (on your keyboard, normally above the delete key) while in the game client.
Screenshots will show up in (Default Path):
To check if your client is set up for recording your battles, please select your "Settings" option and in the "Game" tab check to see if the mark "save Battle replays" is checked.
If it is not currently enabled, simply check the box. After that, all your battles will be recorded and saved to the "Videos" folder in Your user folder in Windows.
Default location for the replays -
C:/Users/Videos/World of Warplanes
Replays are listed in order by - Date/Time/Country/Aircraft/Map
On February 28 2014 An I-16 (L) Was played on the Harbor map.
*You will most likely need to compress this file before attaching it to your replies
Details on zipping and attaching file can be found here:
With this information readily available to us, it will allow us to dive right into these reports and report them in a timely manner