• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

EspressoForHammy #21 Posted 10 December 2015 - 04:57 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostJlNN, on 09 December 2015 - 11:43 PM, said:

Re-reading the EULA, there is nothing that says you can't (a) close your account, and (b) start a new account.

It only says you can only have one (1) account on each server.  A re-roll is completely allowed even under the strict conditions of the EULA.

JINN, I don't give a crap about rule-breaking. I'm simply pointing out that Phantom_Starr is a re-roll.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

GiN_nTonic #22 Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:41 AM

Captain

• 231 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 10 December 2015 - 04:57 AM, said:

JINN, I don't give a crap about rule-breaking. I'm simply pointing out that Phantom_Starr is a re-roll.

I know you dont care....i was more directing to the guy who got bent out of shape over it.  I didn't understand why someone would even care...  I see tons of re-rolls in the game.

Edited by JlNN, 10 December 2015 - 05:44 AM.

losttwo #23 Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:42 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostJlNN, on 10 December 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

I know you dont care....i was more directing to the guy who got bent out of shape over it.  I didn't understand why someone would even care...  I see tons of re-rolls in the game.

QFT

losttwo #24 Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:49 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostJlNN, on 09 December 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

View PostJlNN, on 09 December 2015 - 11:21 PM, said:

I'd love to know what it matters, or how it affects you.  The discussion has come up before this, and Gunlion has told me WG really could care less.  High profile guests on WG videos have given recommendations to people to have "at least 3 accounts" (1) for casual gaming, (2) for drunk play, and (3) for stats.  The WG interviewer agreed.

I know you will read me chapter and verse in the EULA agreement that would indicate this to be against their policy, but many players have alt accounts and until someone from WG wants to come on and say what Gunlion said previously is no longer tolerated, then why do any of us care?

Of all the things to worry about this seems trivial.

View PostJlNN, on 09 December 2015 - 11:32 PM, said:

In fact, here is a seven page discussion about this and not one time did a moderator correct anyone, or bother to state something on the matter.  In fact, they closed the thread as "non-constructive".

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/37572-sooooo-many-alt-accounts/#topmost

View PostJlNN, on 09 December 2015 - 11:43 PM, said:

Re-reading the EULA, there is nothing that says you can't (a) close your account, and (b) start a new account.

It only says you can only have one (1) account on each server.  A re-roll is completely allowed even under the strict conditions of the EULA.

Nice to see some intelligence being posted in this thread +  1 JlNN.

Wesrin #25 Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 304 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Rerolls are akin to the concept of elective plastic surgery, steroid use, or breast implants; it's false advertisement at its finest.

Fly me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!

Carronade32 #26 Posted 10 December 2015 - 02:48 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 46 battles

I don't care what a player does in the privacy of their own computer room.   But to go out of their way and post their 'accomplishments' is to call for a response from truly intelligent people.

Simply put the OP is being intellectual dishonest.  And very possible may have an attention seeking disorder that only the foolish or equally intellectually dishonest desire to feed.

Clearly the OP is of no danger to me, though he may be to his or her self.  So for the sake of common sense and pity stop throwing popcorn and cupcakes into the OP's enclosure.

EspressoForHammy #27 Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:05 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostCarronade32, on 10 December 2015 - 09:48 AM, said:

I don't care what a player does in the privacy of their own computer room.   But to go out of their way and post their 'accomplishments' is to call for a response from truly intelligent people.

Simply put the OP is being intellectual dishonest.  And very possible may have an attention seeking disorder that only the foolish or equally intellectually dishonest desire to feed.

Clearly the OP is of no danger to me, though he may be to his or her self.  So for the sake of common sense and pity stop throwing popcorn and cupcakes into the OP's enclosure.

On point.

View PostWesrin, on 10 December 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

Rerolls are akin to the concept of elective plastic surgery, steroid use, or breast implants; it's false advertisement at its finest.

You two gentlemen get it. You totally get it.

+1s all around.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

losttwo #28 Posted 10 December 2015 - 03:46 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Intellectual dishonesty is a failure to apply standards of rational evaluation that one is aware of,

usually in a self-serving fashion. If one judges others more critically than oneself, that is intellectually dishonest.

rational evaluation. So lets evaluate the possibility of him being a re-roll and find proof of such.

until such proof can be brought forth then any statement of the accused being a re-roll is non valid.

self serving. The entire idea of any of us posting in the forums is in and of itself self serving as we seek for responses, either positive or negative.

More with the posting of video's of any accomplishment in any form.

Either by bringing forth a main topic for discussion or by posting a response we are including ourselves into the fold.

judges others more critically than oneself....yeah a lot of that going on. Welcome to the forums.

is he a re-roll ? where is the proof.

self serving ? he did post a video of his accomplishment.

has he judged anyone ?  I have not seen him judging anyone yet he has been judged by a few others.

This PIXEL world can be so much fun and full of drama and chaos, mud slinging, envy, jealousy and well all sorts of juicy stuff.

Carronade32 #29 Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:49 PM

• 46 battles

Intellectual honesty

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Intellectual honesty is an applied method of problem solving, characterized by an unbiased, honest attitude, which can be demonstrated in a number of different ways:

• One's personal beliefs do not interfere with the pursuit of truth;
  • Relevant facts and information are not purposefully omitted even when such things may contradict one's hypothesis.
  • Facts are presented in an unbiased manner, and not twisted to give misleading impressions or to support one view over another;
  • References, or earlier work, are acknowledged where possible, and plagiarism is avoided.

*Underlined texts are my own emphasis.

So yes perhaps I should not have used the term Intellectually Dishonest, and instead stated that the OP is being less than Intellectually Honest.

Or if that does not suffice I can, very willing, omit the Intellectual and simply stated that the OP is being less than Honest.

losttwo #30 Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:52 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

There you go now you are getting it.

Now to figure out what he is being dishonest about.

He states he is not a re-roll. How do you prove he is telling a lie.

BobozeeBear #31 Posted 10 December 2015 - 07:44 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 264 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Who cares....

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

GiN_nTonic #32 Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:25 PM

Captain

• 231 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postlosttwo, on 10 December 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

Nice to see some intelligence being posted in this thread +  1 JlNN.

Thanks sir - good to see agreement thats its simply not that big a deal.  <o

GiN_nTonic #33 Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:31 PM

Captain

• 231 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostCarronade32, on 10 December 2015 - 02:48 PM, said:

I dont understand your comment.  There are legitimate ways for someone to start over with a new account, and you are jumping past all that to form the opinion - and then state it as fact - there is something dishonest in posting a video of a game this person had.

If there was some additional comment like "only 200 games and I am starting to fly like a pro", then you would have a point.  Alas, nothing like that is said, and there is not one shred of dishonesty in the OP's post.  He is not required or obligated to give you a recital of previous events that lead to his having that new account.

GiN_nTonic #34 Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:41 PM

Captain

• 231 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostCarronade32, on 10 December 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

Intellectual honesty

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Intellectual honesty is an applied method of problem solving, characterized by an unbiased, honest attitude, which can be demonstrated in a number of different ways:

• One's personal beliefs do not interfere with the pursuit of truth;
  • Relevant facts and information are not purposefully omitted even when such things may contradict one's hypothesis.
  • <JINN> What is the hypothesis being brought forward?
  • Facts are presented in an unbiased manner, and not twisted to give misleading impressions or to support one view over another;
  • <JINN> What fact is being presented which is meant to mislead?
  • References, or earlier work, are acknowledged where possible, and plagiarism is avoided.
  • <JINN> This is a gaming video, its does not convey facts to be relied upon beyond the visual reality of the gameplay.  If the video was somehow doctored, or if the player made a claim like "look how good I am after 200 battles, you'd have a point I suppose.  None of this applies.

*Underlined texts are my own emphasis.

So yes perhaps I should not have used the term Intellectually Dishonest, and instead stated that the OP is being less than Intellectually Honest.

Or if that does not suffice I can, very willing, omit the Intellectual and simply stated that the OP is being less than Honest.

OK genius  - please answer above.

GiN_nTonic #35 Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:42 PM

Captain

• 231 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 10 December 2015 - 03:05 PM, said:

On point.

You two gentlemen get it. You totally get it.

+1s all around.

I really hope you are being sarcastic.

EspressoForHammy #36 Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:53 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostJlNN, on 10 December 2015 - 03:42 PM, said:

I really hope you are being sarcastic.

Nope. Re-rolls deserve the Shame Nun.

Carronade32 #37 Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:49 PM

• 46 battles

OP stated on the 1st of December, "Hi! I'm new to Warplanes..." ( In the thread OP started titled 'Looking for clan'. )

OP has since made three threads containing videos of battles in which he or she has done very well in.

A quick glance at the OP's player profile shows that only a few hundred battles have been fought in total.

So the conclusion which the OP obviously wants to imply is that they are damned good at this game and are only a beginner.

The OP is presenting an argument (see sentence above), but providing false facts and withholding others that would destroy his or her story.

losttwo #38 Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:16 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCarronade32, on 10 December 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

OP stated on the 1st of December, "Hi! I'm new to Warplanes..." ( In the thread OP started titled 'Looking for clan'. )

OP has since made three threads containing videos of battles in which he or she has done very well in.

A quick glance at the OP's player profile shows that only a few hundred battles have been fought in total.

So the conclusion which the OP obviously wants to imply is that they are damned good at this game and are only a beginner.

The OP is presenting an argument (see sentence above), but providing false facts and withholding others that would destroy his or her story.

how do you know they are false unless of course it is your re-roll account and you are Phantom_Star

So practice some of your intellectual honesty and admit you are embarrassed by your existing stats and confess.

Edited by losttwo, 10 December 2015 - 10:27 PM.

losttwo #39 Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:29 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

This has turned into :

Carronade32 #40 Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:40 PM

• 46 battles

So proof that the OP has played the game before and this is not his or her first account has been called for, nay demanded.

How shall we determine the facts as this is not a courtroom, but the internet, which has been pointed out is full of very interesting things.

Though it is not a courtroom I say we at least turn to the courts to see what burden of proof is required.

In a civil case the most common level of proof is 'a preponderance of the evidence, which simply means, 'more likely than not a thing has occurred'.  Sometime a higher level of proof is required, which is titled 'clear and convincing evidence'.

In a criminal case of the course the proof required is the highest, 'beyond a reasonable doubt'.

So we turn to the evidence; the numbers.   And wow, what numbers!  I have never, ever seen such good numbers with so few games.

We are faced with figuring out how someone, totally new to the game, could acquire such numbers.

A.  Are they almost a superhuman?  A prodigy or savant?  The Rainman of Warplanes?

B.  Are they a machine programmed to play the game?  An alien life form?

C.  Are they a player who has played before and is now using that skill and experience to skew the numbers?

So which answer is 'more likely than not'?  C of course.  Thus a preponderance of evidence leads us to conclude our claim of a re-rolled account.

But what about A?  Perhaps OP is a WoWP prodigy.  To bad then that this is not an esport some are thinking.  But that is Highly unlikely.  Look at Chess Grandmanster and former child prodigy Fabiano Caruana for example.  At his first international chess championship he won with 7 points in 9 games.  That's only a 78% win rate.  And that only if he won all 7 because you receive half a point for a draw.

So wow, our Chess Grandmaster's win rate pales in comparison to the OP's.

I think on that alone we have met the requirements of 'clear and convincing evidence'.

And now for the big one; 'beyond a reasonable doubt'.  Now here I struggled myself because I am only an above average player.  So perhaps, I reasoned, other players, ones much better than myself as evidenced by their stats, had started in a similar fashion.  Perhaps they had excellent starts to a game they had never played before.  But then those players, who are much better players than myself and have excellent stats, have voiced their much more experienced and wiser considerations that there is no reasonable doubt that the OP had played the game before and the profile he or she is presenting is not their first.

So my reasonable doubt being erased, and this being the third 'look at me' video the OP has posted has prompted my response.

Edited by Carronade32, 10 December 2015 - 10:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users