Clan Wars in WG – A past thing?

Analysis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:32 PM

Captain

• 11981 battles

Guys not to throw fuel on the fire on CW, however I am seeing things and some things look weird to me. Firstly I am not condemning or promoting CW. I have no hatred one way or the other for CW. I myself do not believe in clans, however I do support others that do believe in the process.

With that being said I am seeing things on a global scale with WG in regards to CW. In WoWP, there has been talk of CW, however nothing has been officially release. Then there was a unification of the clans between WoT, WoWP, and possibly WoWS too. Then the WG talk was splitting up the clans within WG for each of the WG products (WoWP, WoT, WoWS).

However I think the environment has changed within WG based on the current economic woes of the Ruble. I see this video on WoT on how the clans are dying in WoT.

Tinfoil hat time – I think the CW process is being discourage from existing within WG. Why else is the CW process having all these problems? The process is getting harder and harder to run without complications. Because on another note, there would be no problems and things would be perfect in CW. What is easier than ending a project than discourage the player base in many ways?

I see many sources discussing the CW subject. To me, all of them are adding up to pissing off the player base for the process and discourage it's use. Again, this is not for me to condemn the CW process. I thought I would let you guys know what I have seen.

Edited by FlakValleyExpress, 03 December 2015 - 01:34 PM.

Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0

Fidei Defensor of WoWP,  Fortissimus Spei,  Amicus Autem Multis

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

To clear WoWP Cache -Please press the windows key + r to open the 'run' dialog. Then type in %temp%\wargaming.net Then delete the "wowp" folder. This will clear the game cache

losttwo #2 Posted 03 December 2015 - 01:45 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I for one am grateful that I do not have to be a team leader at WG that monitor's CW.

The logistics would be a nightmare.

HZero #3 Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Alpha tester
  • 6100 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Clans and Clan Wars in WoT were fine right up until WG thought it would be a good idea to start giving out free tanks 4-6 times a year to the top 1-3k CW players.  *That* is what turned people off to CW and to their intense e-sports focus in general.   Modeling and producing even a single vehicle is not cheap - and WG is doing it for less than .1% of their player population.   Add that into the rampant rigging that WG cares little about, and it didn't take long for people to realize that that unless you were one of the top inner circle of clans, there just wasn't any point to fooling with it. 

No idea if that impacted the development of things here, doesn't seem like it should have, given the timeline.

Dreaming of better days.  When this game had full matches, fiery dogfights, and hope for the future.

GouIdy #4 Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:59 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18620 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
From what I understand it was the new Clan Wars 2.0 system that turned a lot of people away from it, comes down to the amount of time & effort needed to stay on the map is too great.

Also tagged with Analysis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users