Jump to content


World of Warplanes - Fun at the Kiddie Pool, Part Deux

Ha 137 Gorovets Clostermann Gabreski Ace Seal Clubbing video roflstomp

  • Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

losttwo #41 Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:55 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,990
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostBotCDR, on 23 November 2015 - 03:18 PM, said:

Great.  More insult and condescension.  Appreciate the repeated thread hijack for your own agenda too.

 

Again, how is this so hard to understand: if it's even possible for anyone to get what's supposed to be and was once an epic award that might be earned only a few times in a career in two battles out of three like what literally happened above then it's too easy.  Period.

 

It's not a matter of opinion It's not because I'm an elitist or trying to brag about my skill, but quite the opposite: it's WAY too easy.

 

No one made you the sole arbiter of what's good for new players or the game either.

 

That is just it..You are trying to say " it is way to easy " and make it a fact.

If it is that easy then I should just uninstall this game because I really stink at it.

What about the other 1000 or so pilots flying and trying to get them.

The screen shot i posted was the second one I achieved out of 20K+ battles.

When will I get a 3rd one and in what plane.

Heck will it take me 100 battles to get a 2nd one in the same plane ?

 

That is the concept you fail to grasp. For you it is too easy yet may not be so easy for others.

It is like me wondering why you can not Acid Stain a pattern into a concrete pool deck.

Or wondering why you can not do finish grade work using a Caterpillar Motor Grader ( old school no lasers ).

Or why you can not hit a bullseye using iron sights with a Mauser at 100 yards.

 

Just because you can doesn't mean everyone else can.



Zapperguy #42 Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:08 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • 2,820
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN
  • Member since:
    04-04-2012

Some NBA players have a really easy time dunking the ball. Using the OPs logic, basketball hoops should be raised another 5-10ft, especially for pee-wee leagues, or the majority of players will never get better at the game.

Pro-baseball players aren't calling for the removal of tee's in t-ball because getting a hit using a tee isn't the same as hitting a fastball from an MLB ACE. Both get you to first base though - hmmm.

:facepalm:

 


Edited by Zapperguy, 24 November 2015 - 01:11 AM.


MagusGerhardt #43 Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:49 AM

    Horten Test Pilot

  • -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • 5,548
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBotCDR, on 23 November 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

Immaturity is calling those who disagree with you immature, or accusing them of having a "personal problem."

 

And again, I'd like to thank both of you for hijacking my Creation thread for your campaign to defend kiddie pool farming rights.  It's most appreciated.

 

Okay, I don't even know what to say to this.  You've taken something personally and seriously that wasn't meant in that way, ignored my public apology for the misunderstanding and now lumping me in with Losttwo as though we are working together to promote some kind of agenda.

 

You made conclusions, I disagreed with them and stated why I thought the way I did, in the manner I usually do - tongue in cheek.

 

I'll be bowing out of this thread now and any future ones you make on this topic.


 

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787


Tophatfire #44 Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:34 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 2,889
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 23 November 2015 - 04:55 PM, said:

That is just it..You are trying to say " it is way to easy " and make it a fact.

If it is that easy then I should just uninstall this game because I really stink at it.

What about the other 1000 or so pilots flying and trying to get them.

The screen shot i posted was the second one I achieved out of 20K+ battles.

When will I get a 3rd one and in what plane.

Heck will it take me 100 battles to get a 2nd one in the same plane ?

 

That is the concept you fail to grasp. For you it is too easy yet may not be so easy for others.

It is like me wondering why you can not Acid Stain a pattern into a concrete pool deck.

Or wondering why you can not do finish grade work using a Caterpillar Motor Grader ( old school no lasers ).

Or why you can not hit a bullseye using iron sights with a Mauser at 100 yards.

 

Just because you can doesn't mean everyone else can.

 

Actually... I can do at least one of those things, and two if you let me count granite or marble slab instead of concrete.  But those are all irrelevant in this pixel planes game anyway, aren't they?

 

If I can get two Gorovets in three battles, there is a problem.  If the game in the low tiers has been dumbed down to the point where epic awards are being handed out like participant ribbons at the Senior Special Olympics, there is a problem.  If the bar is that low, they're no longer epic.  There's nothing epic at all about something that can be achieved several times daily by anyone and certainly not by me.  I'm not making a fact out of this, it is a fact.

 

I had 4 Gorovets total after 2 years of play coming into 1.9 and now I have 10, and it's not because I had a sudden 250% increase in skill.  That's fact, not opinion.  It is not subjective, and you can just spin it so you can shoehorn it in to your own agenda.  The game at low tiers has become drastically, dramatically easier.

 

 

View PostZapperguy, on 23 November 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

Some NBA players have a really easy time dunking the ball. Using the OPs logic, basketball hoops should be raised another 5-10ft, especially for pee-wee leagues, or the majority of players will never get better at the game.

Pro-baseball players aren't calling for the removal of tee's in t-ball because getting a hit using a tee isn't the same as hitting a fastball from an MLB ACE. Both get you to first base though - hmmm.

:facepalm:

 

I'm not an NBA-level player by any means.  I get my butt kicked regularly, I get bored and impatient and take risks I shouldn't.   My stats are actually toward the bottom of my clan, and far from being among the best in the game.

 

But those pro baseball players can't go down to t-ball leagues and still make money, win MVP awards and be inducted into the MLB hall of fame, can they?  That's exactly what's happening now in this game.  

 

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 23 November 2015 - 08:49 PM, said:

Okay, I don't even know what to say to this.  You've taken something personally and seriously that wasn't meant in that way, ignored my public apology for the misunderstanding and now lumping me in with Losttwo as though we are working together to promote some kind of agenda.

 

You made conclusions, I disagreed with them and stated why I thought the way I did, in the manner I usually do - tongue in cheek.

 

I'll be bowing out of this thread now and any future ones you make on this topic.

 

It was an insincere non-apology apology.  And it's not like "personal problem" could even possibly be interpreted impersonally.  I disagreed with you about something in a video game so you insulted me and now you're saying it's my error.

 

I'd been asking you two to butt out of my creation thread for several pages anyway.  You'll not see me parking in a thread for one of your creations either and heaving insults if I disagree with what you're saying.  Just get up on your self-righteous horse and leave.



MagusGerhardt #45 Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:02 AM

    Horten Test Pilot

  • -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • 5,548
  • [DRACS] DRACS
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostBotCDR, on 23 November 2015 - 10:34 PM, said:

It was an insincere non-apology apology.  And it's not like "personal problem" could even possibly be interpreted impersonally.  I disagreed with you about something in a video game so you insulted me and now you're saying it's my error.

 

I'd been asking you two to butt out of my creation thread for several pages anyway.  You'll not see me parking in a thread for one of your creations either and heaving insults if I disagree with what you're saying.  Just get up on your self-righteous horse and leave.

 

I'm sorry.  I was wrong.  This began as something I stated, and I do regret the way I put my thoughts forward.  I was flippant and careless and for that I apologize.  I'll now abide by my earlier post and see myself out.


 

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787


Tophatfire #46 Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:46 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 2,889
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Aw, dang.  It took me all of 3 battles tonight to get another Gorovets.  I must be slipping.

 



losttwo #47 Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:09 AM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,990
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

I wonder why NO ONE else is flooding the forums with screen shots of their epic GOROVETS & GABRESKI achievements.

Its so easy therefore it is logical for EVERYONE to be doing it and posting about them.

 

While Wargaming and the rest of the community are trying to increase population and bring people in.

You, in my opinion, are on a campaign to decrease population.

 

There is a concept in this thread that 3 people have tried to explain in various ways.

You seem to be incapable of grasping in its most simplistic form.

 

This thread reminds me of political arguments so I am bowing out.

Enjoy getting back to back epics while I sit with envy trying to get them.



Zapperguy #48 Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:27 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • 2,820
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN
  • Member since:
    04-04-2012

View PostBotCDR, on 24 November 2015 - 12:34 AM, said:

I had 4 Gorovets total after 2 years of play coming into 1.9 and now I have 10, and it's not because I had a sudden 250% increase in skill.  That's fact, not opinion.  It is not subjective, and you can just spin it so you can shoehorn it in to your own agenda.  The game at low tiers has become drastically, dramatically easier.

I completely agree; it is vastly easier to get a Gorovets medal with 10 players per side instead of 3. Did you forget the awful MM that gave us months of 1v1 battles or the one that followed that gave us many months of 3v3? It's not just that the game has been dumbed down, there are BIG battles now like it was after release when you likely got your 4 "meaningful" Gorovets. You cannot get ACEs, Destroyers, Gorovets, Gabreskis, or Rudorffers with only 3 enemy on the other team. 1.9 gave us more than 3 per side for the first time in a very long time.

 

View PostBotCDR, on 24 November 2015 - 12:34 AM, also said:

 

I'm not an NBA-level player by any means.  I get my butt kicked regularly, I get bored and impatient and take risks I shouldn't.   My stats are actually toward the bottom of my clan, and far from being among the best in the game.

 

But those pro baseball players can't go down to t-ball leagues and still make money, win MVP awards and be inducted into the MLB hall of fame, can they?  That's exactly what's happening now in this game.  

 

While your stats may be near the bottom of your clan, it is safe to say that many of this game's best pilots across all 3 servers are in your clan, making your being at the bottom a little less significant.

 

I noticed that all of your low-tier epic medals were in the same plane. Can you do it as easily in a Tsh-2, A4N, Bulldog, or Demon? Maybe part of your easy epics is the plane you're using.

 

As for the baseball analogy, while it is true that MLB players cannot come down and play at T-ball level, a homerun (an epic achievement) in T-ball counts the same as a homerun in the major league even though they didn't have to hit a pitch.  In essence baseball is dumbed down for the low tiers.

 

What I don't understand is why this even matters so much to you. If low tiers are just too ridiculously easy for you, then don't fly there. Are you concerned that the vets in the kiddie pool will get more epic awards than you have? This isn't an epeen contest.  Who cares who gets what medal at what tier if they're enjoying playing the game? Just how hard should the game to be for a new player? I see them struggling vs bots at tiers 1 and 2 now. Do you feel like they just aren't struggling enough for your liking?  Seems a bit sadistic to me.

 

See you in the skies



losttwo #49 Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:23 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,990
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View PostZapperguy, on 24 November 2015 - 07:27 AM, said:

I completely agree; it is vastly easier to get a Gorovets medal with 10 players per side instead of 3. Did you forget the awful MM that gave us months of 1v1 battles or the one that followed that gave us many months of 3v3? It's not just that the game has been dumbed down, there are BIG battles now like it was after release when you likely got your 4 "meaningful" Gorovets. You cannot get ACEs, Destroyers, Gorovets, Gabreskis, or Rudorffers with only 3 enemy on the other team. 1.9 gave us more than 3 per side for the first time in a very long time.

 

 

While your stats may be near the bottom of your clan, it is safe to say that many of this game's best pilots across all 3 servers are in your clan, making your being at the bottom a little less significant.

 

I noticed that all of your low-tier epic medals were in the same plane. Can you do it as easily in a Tsh-2, A4N, Bulldog, or Demon? Maybe part of your easy epics is the plane you're using.

 

As for the baseball analogy, while it is true that MLB players cannot come down and play at T-ball level, a homerun (an epic achievement) in T-ball counts the same as a homerun in the major league even though they didn't have to hit a pitch.  In essence baseball is dumbed down for the low tiers.

 

What I don't understand is why this even matters so much to you. If low tiers are just too ridiculously easy for you, then don't fly there. Are you concerned that the vets in the kiddie pool will get more epic awards than you have? This isn't an epeen contest.  Who cares who gets what medal at what tier if they're enjoying playing the game? Just how hard should the game to be for a new player? I see them struggling vs bots at tiers 1 and 2 now. Do you feel like they just aren't struggling enough for your liking?  Seems a bit sadistic to me.

 

See you in the skies

 

:great:

mullyman #50 Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:52 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 36 battles
  • 1,165
  • Member since:
    06-09-2014

"My point here again is that something is wrong in the game, especially in the low tiers.  They're handing out what were once epic medals like Halloween candy.  There's no way it should be this easy, even for me."

 

You throw a statement out there in your original post about the playability of the game then complain when others come in to disagree.    Talk about being in denial...

(you know you are on the wrong side of an argument when losttwo and I actually agree)


Edited by mullyman, 24 November 2015 - 04:52 PM.

mullyman.png

losttwo #51 Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:01 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,990
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View Postmullyman, on 24 November 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

 

(you know you are on the wrong side of an argument when losttwo and I actually agree)

 

QFT...:great:..:teethhappy:

Tophatfire #52 Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:32 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 2,889
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostZapperguy, on 24 November 2015 - 07:27 AM, said:

I completely agree; it is vastly easier to get a Gorovets medal with 10 players per side instead of 3.

 

15v15 was the norm for the 15-16 months prior to 1.6 and nobody was racking up epics like this then and you know it.  Stuffing the lowest tiers with nothing but the easiest bots has caused this.

 

View PostZapperguy, on 24 November 2015 - 07:27 AM, said:

I noticed that all of your low-tier epic medals were in the same plane. Can you do it as easily in a Tsh-2, A4N, Bulldog, or Demon? Maybe part of your easy epics is the plane you're using.

 

 

As explained previously, I was working on the low-tier daily missions and had a MiG-9 pilot who needed training so I flew the I-5 ShKAS because I'd hardly flown it since earning it.

 

It's not the plane though.  Here's one in a F3F:

 

 

And a Supermarine Type 224, a pretty awful plane and arguably one of the worst in its tier:

 

 

How many more planes do you need me to demonstrate before this starts to sink in?

 

 

 

 

View Postmullyman, on 24 November 2015 - 11:52 AM, said:

"My point here again is that something is wrong in the game, especially in the low tiers.  They're handing out what were once epic medals like Halloween candy.  There's no way it should be this easy, even for me."

 

You throw a statement out there in your original post about the playability of the game then complain when others come in to disagree.    Talk about being in denial...

(you know you are on the wrong side of an argument when losttwo and I actually agree)

 

 

  

 

Yeah, people get super defensive about their kiddie pool seal club farming.

 

So what am I actually being accused of being in denial about anyway?  Is it your contention that I really am a legendary super-epic pilot capable of multiple epic achievements in one sitting but refuse to admit it?  Are there support groups I should be going to or something?  And does this make me an unwitting elitist somehow?


Edited by BotCDR, 24 November 2015 - 07:33 PM.


mullyman #53 Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:15 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 36 battles
  • 1,165
  • Member since:
    06-09-2014

You are in denial about saying this thread was only about wanting to share your achievement when you repeatedly state the contrary.

 

Nobody is saying getting an Ace, Gorovet, destroyer, isn't easier. ... we just don't believe it is easy.


 

You still need an incredible amount of luck IMO.   Saying it is easy, says that 95% of the population here SUCKS because we obviously don't get them.    Hence,  the "elitist" comment from somewhere else on this thread. 

(btw - lost is the one on the left)


mullyman.png

EspressoForHammy #54 Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:18 PM

    Captain

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • 4,462
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
I just played 3 games in tier II to complete a mission a few nights ago. Got two Aces and a Gorovets. It's easy all right.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

 


Tophatfire #55 Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:49 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 2,889
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postmullyman, on 24 November 2015 - 03:15 PM, said:

You are in denial about saying this thread was only about wanting to share your achievement when you repeatedly state the contrary.

 

Nobody is saying getting an Ace, Gorovet, destroyer, isn't easier. ... we just don't believe it is easy.


 

You still need an incredible amount of luck IMO.   Saying it is easy, says that 95% of the population here SUCKS because we obviously don't get them.    Hence,  the "elitist" comment from somewhere else on this thread. 

(btw - lost is the one on the left)

 

It's not supposed to be an award that 95% of the population can get.  That what makes it an epic award.

 

It's ridiculous to contend that I'm just getting incredibly lucky over and over.

 

 

It is far too easy to get epic awards in lower tiers as evidenced by the fact that I'm getting them over and over and over.  Period.

 

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 24 November 2015 - 04:18 PM, said:

I just played 3 games in tier II to complete a mission a few nights ago. Got two Aces and a Gorovets. It's easy all right.

 

Apparently this makes us elitists in denial.



losttwo #56 Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:30 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,990
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

" It is far too easy to get epic awards in lower tiers as evidenced by the fact that I'm getting them over and over and over.  Period. "

                                                                                                                               ^^^

                                                                                                                        contraction of " I am "

Pronoun

I ‎(first person singular subject personal pronoun, objective me, possessive my, possessive pronoun mine, reflexive myself)

The speaker or writer, referred to as the grammatical subject, of a sentence.  [quotations ▼]

 

Cardinal number

I ‎(upper case Roman numeral, lower case i)

  1. cardinal number one.

 

not to be confused with US, THEM, WE, FEW, MANY, MAJORITY, MULTIPLES, MASSES,POPULATION, TOGETHER, QUAD, DUAL, TEAM

 the list goes on and on.



losttwo #57 Posted 27 November 2015 - 01:31 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,990
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012
you are not 95% of the population.

Edited by losttwo, 27 November 2015 - 01:31 PM.


mullyman #58 Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:08 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 36 battles
  • 1,165
  • Member since:
    06-09-2014

Maybe he means they are 95% of the "important" population


mullyman.png

losttwo #59 Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:55 PM

    which way do we go?

  • Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • 13,990
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    05-15-2012

View Postmullyman, on 27 November 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

Maybe he means they are 95% of the "impotent" population

 

ftfy    :playing:

Edited by losttwo, 27 November 2015 - 05:55 PM.


Tophatfire #60 Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:13 PM

    First Lieutenant

  • Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • 2,889
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postlosttwo, on 27 November 2015 - 08:30 AM, said:

" It is far too easy to get epic awards in lower tiers as evidenced by the fact that I'm getting them over and over and over.  Period. "

                                                                                                                               ^^^

                                                                                                                        contraction of " I am "

Pronoun

I ‎(first personsingularsubjectpersonal pronoun, objectiveme, possessivemy, possessive pronounmine, reflexivemyself)

The speaker or writer, referred to as the grammaticalsubject, of a sentence.  [quotations ▼]

 

Cardinal number

I ‎(upper case Roman numeral, lower casei)

  1. cardinal number one.

 

not to be confused with US, THEM, WE, FEW, MANY, MAJORITY, MULTIPLES, MASSES,POPULATION, TOGETHER, QUAD, DUAL, TEAM

 the list goes on and on.

 

epic

adjective ep·ic \ˈe-pik\

: telling a story about a hero or about exciting events or adventures

: very great or large and usually difficult or impressive

1
:  of, relating to, or having the characteristics of an epic <an epic poem>
2
a :  extending beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope <his genius was epic —Times Literary Supplement>
 
b :  heroic
— ep·i·cal \-pi-kəl\ adjective
— ep·i·cal·ly \-pi-k(ə-)lē\ adverb





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users