• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

losttwo #21 Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:45 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8996 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBotCDR, on 20 November 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

I'm pointing out what I think is an obvious problem in the game; you're the one crusading here.

Glad you liked the video.

That is the problem. You THINK.

Why do you think it is a problem ?

Your perspective, no one faults you for it, not saying its a bad thing.

Perhaps there are players trying to achieve each achievement in every plane they have rather than total or how many over all.

New players would enjoy achieving medals, why take that away from them at low tiers where they learn.

Experienced players may get joy out of it because it gives them hope they are improving and can not get them in the higher tiers.

Load into a tier 8 battle and everyone trades kills or the most you can get is an ACE due to skill level of those battles.

How many battles will it take to get an epic achievement or any achievement for that matter.

You THINK its an obvious problem then flight up with a new player. That is what experienced pilots did for me.

Zen, Yoda, Spammer all 3 of them for over a month put up with my " improving "

My first Gorovets was in a P12 ( solo )  just after release second was in a HAWK 75M ( solo ) .

Until last night only the FW 57 had 8 Clostermans all achieved pre 1.5.

Last night I got my first Gabreski the same way you did.

I have thunder medals in my tier 1's how many can say that. Not that it matters to anyone but me.

Posting about it with a video is great for the new and old player alike " hey look what i can do "

New or experienced  player thinks " if he can do it so can I "

Posting about it twice disguising it as a " problem " becomes a crusade about a non existing problem.

Am I crusading against you ? NO just discussing the concept or idea you are bringing to the table in a non trolling fashion.

850 battle in an AO-192 and still no GABRETSKI or a MCGUIRE medal, I would enjoy having them and achieving them.

Perhaps our perspectives on the topic at hand are different and makes for a good discussion.

Mine is coming from achievements in each plane and not total achievements over all.

I wonder how many people feel like I do and dont want the opportunity taken away.

Like the opportunity to get solo AKAMATSU, MCGUIRE has been taken away.

We will have opposing views on many things followed by rational discussions.

If it was not for you posting your video's I never would have tried this. Using standard ammo only.

Spoiler

Edited by losttwo, 21 November 2015 - 08:48 AM.

Tophatfire #22 Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Yep.  That's even more evidence of the problem.

How about if you conduct your campaign in your own thread and stop drowning mine in walls of text?

losttwo #23 Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:47 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8996 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
Why do I feel like a dentist ?

Tophatfire #24 Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:43 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postlosttwo, on 21 November 2015 - 03:45 AM, said:

That is the problem. You THINK.

Why do you think it is a problem ?

Your perspective, no one faults you for it, not saying its a bad thing.

Perhaps there are players trying to achieve each achievement in every plane they have rather than total or how many over all.

New players would enjoy achieving medals, why take that away from them at low tiers where they learn.

Experienced players may get joy out of it because it gives them hope they are improving and can not get them in the higher tiers.

Load into a tier 8 battle and everyone trades kills or the most you can get is an ACE due to skill level of those battles.

How many battles will it take to get an epic achievement or any achievement for that matter.

You THINK its an obvious problem then flight up with a new player. That is what experienced pilots did for me.

Zen, Yoda, Spammer all 3 of them for over a month put up with my " improving "

My first Gorovets was in a P12 ( solo )  just after release second was in a HAWK 75M ( solo ) .

Until last night only the FW 57 had 8 Clostermans all achieved pre 1.5.

Last night I got my first Gabreski the same way you did.

I have thunder medals in my tier 1's how many can say that. Not that it matters to anyone but me.

Posting about it with a video is great for the new and old player alike " hey look what i can do "

New or experienced  player thinks " if he can do it so can I "

Posting about it twice disguising it as a " problem " becomes a crusade about a non existing problem.

Am I crusading against you ? NO just discussing the concept or idea you are bringing to the table in a non trolling fashion.

850 battle in an AO-192 and still no GABRETSKI or a MCGUIRE medal, I would enjoy having them and achieving them.

Perhaps our perspectives on the topic at hand are different and makes for a good discussion.

Mine is coming from achievements in each plane and not total achievements over all.

I wonder how many people feel like I do and dont want the opportunity taken away.

Like the opportunity to get solo AKAMATSU, MCGUIRE has been taken away.

We will have opposing views on many things followed by rational discussions.

If it was not for you posting your video's I never would have tried this. Using standard ammo only.

Spoiler

Since when is thinking a bad thing?  I'm having a rational discussion backed up by evidence I provide.  You're just crying, pointing fingers and flinging dung.  If you don't like my video then kindly just butt out of the thread.

And yea, everything is fine in low tiers in 1.9.  Two Gorovets in 16 minutes and 3 battles:

Decided to work on my daily missions yesterday in the I-5 ShKAS because I've hardly ever played it since I got it.  Out of 4 battles it took 4 were wins, and two of them earned Gorovets.  This isn't because I'm some badass master pilot, it's because the bar is hilariously low and epic medals are given out like Halloween candy, cheapening them for everyone.  And worse yet, the economy and daily missions actually incentivize skilled players to come down and do this.  It's gross.

The only people denying this are the ones who are deeply in denial and desperate to make sure no one takes their seal clubbing farm away.

MagusGerhardt #25 Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:26 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBotCDR, on 22 November 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

The only people denying this are the ones who are deeply in denial and desperate to make sure no one takes their seal clubbing farm away.

Which arguably could be done now, unlike that poorly planned rollout of the rookie pilot sandbox last year.

I would actually argue in favor of the separation of veteran and rookie pilots at tier IV and below now, since there are bots waiting to fill those empty seats.

First, though, we need to get rid of this wrong-headed reasoning that has led to half full matches here again.  Whoever made that call at WGHQ should be reminded that you can't compromise with an entrenched position.  The reduction of the number of bots in each battle will not please the RU, EU or NA players who are demanding NO BOTS.  WG needs to settle with the fact that they can't please that crowd, and in fact will harm the game further if they try to cater to them, since the environment they thrived in was the environment that got us to where we are....needing bots to fill empty matches.

As for the meaninglessness of Gorovets and such, there are two options.

A.  Look up where a player has earned most of them if they're bragging about how many they have.

B.  Leave things as-is for the awards but change the name if earned above a certain tier to differentiate the slummers from the skilled.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

losttwo #26 Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:35 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8996 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Evidence ? the only evidence is showing what you can do in the lower tiers.

That same evidence is nothing more than a glass slipper.

The low tier daily missions are for what ? 4 digits worth of income achieved once.

Mid tier missions are worth 5 digit income plus a token.

High tier missions are worth more than both combined.

I see no incentive to STAY in the lower tiers only incentive to play a few battles.

Achieve the goal and move on.

The medals. To you they are cheap and easy to achieve. To others not so much

Stop coming at an angle of " Look how good I am and look at what I can do " .

Just because you can do it every match doesn't mean others can.

Medals will become meaningless if people achieve them like candy.

A person that Gorovets match after match will soon become bored with it.

Unless of course they suffer from some form of mental illness.

It is not like you can place all this info on a job application and get a job for being impressive.

No one has to play the lower tiers or even achieve the lower tier missions, they are not a requirement for playing this game.

Nor is anything else a requirement. Move up the tiers, no requirement. Play only Russian planes, no requirement.

Never fight up in a BF 110C-6 or if you get more than 400 battles in it you must sell it, no requirement on that either.

Make the low tier bots tougher ? who knows how that will impact the game.

Separate the skilled players from the unskilled. Sure that would be do-able solution since they add bots to standard battle now.

If your overall battle count is less than 1000 battles you get a different match maker and you don't get to play with the big kids.

The economy problem I can agree with you on. Forcing players to fly lower tiers to fund high tier play is absurd.

More absurd if you have a premium account and still have to get funding in the low tiers.

"H0M0 unius libri" ~Thomas Aquinas

Edited by losttwo, 22 November 2015 - 11:39 PM.

mullyman #27 Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 38 battles

"Decided to work on my daily missions yesterday in the I-5 ShKAS because I've hardly ever played it since I got it.  Out of 4 battles it took 4 were wins, and two of them earned Gorovets.  This isn't because I'm some badass master pilot, it's because the bar is hilariously low and epic medals are given out like Halloween candy, cheapening them for everyone.  And worse yet, the economy and daily missions actually incentivize skilled players to come down and do this.  It's gross"

Really?   You are better than 95% of the pilots that play this game (HOF rating).    Maybe the bar is LOW for YOU.    So maybe you should think about the tons of pilots that are SEVERAL clicks down from your skill level.     I would 100% agree you are too skilled to find T5 and lower challenging,  but there are not a lot of pilots on this server this applies to.     And if making the game easier for less skilled builds population,  than in the end it should be viewed as a positive.

Edited by mullyman, 22 November 2015 - 11:49 PM.

mullyman.png

MagusGerhardt #28 Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:59 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postmullyman, on 22 November 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

Really?   You are better than 95% of the pilots that play this game (HOF rating).    Maybe the bar is LOW for YOU.    So maybe you should think about the tons of pilots that are SEVERAL clicks down from your skill level.     I would 100% agree you are too skilled to find T5 and lower challenging,  but there are not a lot of pilots on this server this applies to.     And if making the game easier for less skilled builds population,  than in the end it should be viewed as a positive.

I have to say I agree with this completely.  I don't consider myself the best, and neither does Rock (BotCDR), but we're deluding ourselves if we think that what we find challenging would be entertaining or engaging for a rookie pilot.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Zapperguy #29 Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:26 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Despite over 20k battles since release, I didn't get my first Gorovets medal until 3 days ago. It was in my Ar65 for my daily x2. I repeated that feat yesterday but added in a couple GTs to get my first ever Gabreski medal as well. I'm proud of those achievements. It's disheartening to hear that my 20k+ games to get there wasn't a hard enough challenge, and my medals should be discredited. That attitude sounds a bit elitist to me.  There's no law against being an elitist, but it sure doesn't help to make friends.

Today I did one better, and I'm proud of that too.

Spoiler

:honoring:

losttwo #30 Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:41 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8996 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostZapperguy, on 22 November 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

Despite over 20k battles since release, I didn't get my first Gorovets medal until 3 days ago. It was in my Ar65 for my daily x2. I repeated that feat yesterday but added in a couple GTs to get my first ever Gabreski medal as well. I'm proud of those achievements. It's disheartening to hear that my 20k+ games to get there wasn't a hard enough challenge, and my medals should be discredited. That attitude sounds a bit elitist to me.  There's no law against being an elitist, but it sure doesn't help to make friends.

Spoiler

Awesome work and yeah for people like you and I we struggle at these. While BotCDR can do it every match It takes us 20K matches to get them.

Some people just do not understand that concept or idea.

Like trying to explain to someone why you can't run an 8 mile minute with the rest of the runners

while sitting in your wheel chair.

Tophatfire #31 Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postmullyman, on 22 November 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

"Decided to work on my daily missions yesterday in the I-5 ShKAS because I've hardly ever played it since I got it.  Out of 4 battles it took 4 were wins, and two of them earned Gorovets.  This isn't because I'm some badass master pilot, it's because the bar is hilariously low and epic medals are given out like Halloween candy, cheapening them for everyone.  And worse yet, the economy and daily missions actually incentivize skilled players to come down and do this.  It's gross"

I'm a good but not great pilot, but even I shouldn't be able to be racking them up every other game like this.

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 22 November 2015 - 06:59 PM, said:

I have to say I agree with this completely.  I don't consider myself the best, and neither does Rock (BotCDR), but we're deluding ourselves if we think that what we find challenging would be entertaining or engaging for a rookie pilot.

No.  We're deluding ourselves if we think setting the bar this comically low is good for the game.  At best, we're going to be growing a generation of players whose expectations and assessment of their own ability outstrips their actual skill.  Handing out epic awards like participation trophies will not lead to sustainable growth, which is something this game has always struggled with.

Doing something to actually teach people the game instead of just lowering the bar and  handing out awards would be far more effective over the long term.  How many of these new players do you think will be sticking around when they get to tier 7 and aren't getting coddled any more with nothing but the easiest bots?  We need to be challenging new players, not subsidizing them.

And the selfishness of some of these players with tens of thousands of battles who are getting so protective of their easy mode epic awards is both obvious and laughable.

View PostZapperguy, on 22 November 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

Spoiler

I was proud of the 4 Gorovets coming in to 1.9.  Now if I fly low tiers I'm getting one basically every other battle.  Every single one is now meaningless.

If you hadn't managed a single Gorovets in two years and suddenly you get two in a few days, which do you think is the more likely explanation: that you suddenly had a drastic increase in ability or the bar was suddenly lowered?

And how in the heck is pointing out a problem in the game elitist?  I think this is something that is going to limit the long term growth of the game.  It's not like I'm bragging about this, and if anything this is the opposite of elitism.

losttwo #32 Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:19 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8996 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Long term growth of the game. I think WG has found away to get people interested in playing this game.

When I first started ( 2 weeks at end of closed beta )  this game was tough on new players.

I was getting clobbered left and right.

If it was not for a few DRACS and ACES I would have quit but I dd seek help and received it.

Not just on the forums but by flighting up.

Make a game to difficult and people wont have fun. Yet if you increase difficulty as you climb tiers

then people that are interested will be interested in getting better.

Wargaming understand this idea, hence these wonderfully easy bots in the lower tiers.

Since it is so easy " for some " they will get bored and stop playing in the lower tiers.

For me low tiers are still challenging therefore I enjoy it.

Is not that the way human nature works. Humans like a challenge and get bored with EASY rather quickly.

You want to teach people how to fly then go to the lower tiers and flight up with the new players.

No sense in all the BMW about low tiers being easy and WG needs to make it tougher.

WG is not interested in teaching their player base only in them playing the game.

No one will be interested in staying if it is a difficult game at the start. Most wont even ask for help.

They just quit.

Tonight's population has hit 600 at 8:30pm EST on a SUNDAY.  WG must be doing something right.

Cant remember the last time Sunday ran 600 players

MagusGerhardt #33 Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:28 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBotCDR, on 22 November 2015 - 06:27 PM, said:

I'm a good but not great pilot, but even I shouldn't be able to be racking them up every other game like this.

Population was the determining factor in keeping us from racking them up in the recent past.  I was getting these awards left and right in CBT and OBT, avoided clubbing at tier II and III when the game first came out so didn't have any epics to show for that, then the population slide kicked in and it became impossible to accomplish at any tier.

No.  We're deluding ourselves if we think setting the bar this comically low is good for the game.  At best, we're going to be growing a generation of players whose expectations and assessment of their own ability outstrips their actual skill.  Handing out epic awards like participation trophies will not lead to sustainable growth, which is something this game has always struggled with.

It's not a participation trophy if only the hard core die hards who have been here since the start are getting them.  I don't think it cheapens it at all.  It's still just as impossible for any Rookie or Chucky to achieve now as it was in 1.8.

Doing something to actually teach people the game instead of just lowering the bar and  handing out awards would be far more effective over the long term.  How many of these new players do you think will be sticking around when they get to tier 7 and aren't getting coddled any more with nothing but the easiest bots?  We need to be challenging new players, not subsidizing them.

And the selfishness of some of these players with tens of thousands of battles who are getting so protective of their easy mode epic awards is both obvious and laughable.

Since a competent training mode or missions is out of the question with WG, the idea of veterans volunteering to do this in exchange for goodies from WG should be revisited.  I disagree with your conclusion on low tier bots needing to be ball busters in order to show rookies how things are done here.  They'll learn through trial and error and through watching more successful pilots, same as we did.  If they aren't ready for tier VII when they get there, they have plenty tier III-VI aircraft unlocked already to continue learning on.  That's skill progression.  I'm also not defending any easy farming ground for myself; I've earned none of the awards that you are complaining about receiving now since the advent of bots.

I was proud of the 4 Gorovets coming in to 1.9.  Now if I fly low tiers I'm getting one basically every other battle.  Every single one is now meaningless.

If you hadn't managed a single Gorovets in two years and suddenly you get two in a few days, which do you think is the more likely explanation: that you suddenly had a drastic increase in ability or the bar was suddenly lowered?

And how in the heck is pointing out a problem in the game elitist?  I think this is something that is going to limit the long term growth of the game.  It's not like I'm bragging about this, and if anything this is the opposite of elitism.

The perceived irrelevance of these awards now is a personal problem on your part, man.  As I've pointed out before, no one who is perceived as lacking skill is pulling these awards down now; I'll agree that the bar has been lowered, but it's not the participation trophy calamity you're making it out to be.

And I think Zapperguy is calling your position elitist because you are lamenting the lack of skill involved in getting these awards when in fact it still takes quite a bit of skill to get them, that and "elitist" is a general term thrown around in internet arguments based around games, awards and mechanics like this.

Tophatfire #34 Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:43 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 22 November 2015 - 09:28 PM, said:

The perceived irrelevance of these awards now is a personal problem on your part, man. 

Wow.  The pompousness of some people.  You try to have a conversation about Internet pixel planes and the insults and amateur diagnoses start flying.

MagusGerhardt #35 Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:49 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostBotCDR, on 22 November 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

Wow.  The pompousness of some people.  You try to have a conversation about Internet pixel planes and the insults and amateur diagnoses start flying.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be churlish, maybe a bit irreverent, but I'm not trying to outright bother you.  

losttwo #36 Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:21 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8996 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Good try Magus. But there are just some things you can not explain to a closed mind.

It does take maturity to see things from both sides and all angles and some people have not achieved that yet.

Tophatfire #37 Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Immaturity is calling those who disagree with you immature, or accusing them of having a "personal problem."

And again, I'd like to thank both of you for hijacking my Creation thread for your campaign to defend kiddie pool farming rights.  It's most appreciated.

losttwo #38 Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:46 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8996 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBotCDR, on 20 November 2015 - 01:16 AM, said:

But it's not just easier it's crazy easy, and it's easy for everyone ( unfortunately you are wrong and have no proof it is easy for everyone ) not just new players.

And not only are they handing out the exact same medals and awards you would get at higher tiers, but you can still make great credits doing it.  And when that kind of play is being incentivized by the economy and reward scheme, those are problems.

And if the lower tiers are this ridiculously easy, those new players aren't going to be learning the things they need to learn to be successful later.  And that's its own problem too.

What you are doing here is falsely projecting your experience at playing this game and insisting that everyone has that same experience.

View PostBotCDR, on 20 November 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

No.  That's not what I'm saying at all.  Stop putting words in my mouth.

I did not put words in your mouth i stated my opinion about what you were saying based on my perception. I did not quote you and stated it as my opinion.

View PostBotCDR, on 20 November 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

Randomizing the bot difficulty in lower tiers would be a big step in the right direction, as might confining the epic awards to tier 4+.  Limiting the economic rewards past a certain number of battles/day in lower tiers would be nice but I doubt we'll ever see that.

Here you state you want to change the way WG has designed the game and take away the things that would attract new players.

View PostBotCDR, on 20 November 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

I'm pointing out what I think is an obvious problem in the game; you're the one crusading here.

You are only pointing out what you think is a problem based solely on your skill level.

Glad you liked the video.

View PostBotCDR, on 21 November 2015 - 05:16 PM, said:

Yep.  That's even more evidence of the problem.

How about if you conduct your campaign in your own thread and stop drowning mine in walls of text?

You started the thread for discussion of a perceived problem and when someone disagrees with your point of view you tell them to take a hike

View PostBotCDR, on 22 November 2015 - 05:43 PM, said:

Since when is thinking a bad thing?  I'm having a rational discussion backed up by evidence I provide.

You only provided evidence of how good you can do in the lower tiers. 

You're just crying, pointing fingers and flinging dung. 

A retaliatory remark because you have a little suspicion that i am correct.

If you don't like my video then kindly just butt out of the thread.

Here again because i stated you video is not proof of a problem but only of how good you are in the lower tiers.

You accuse me of not liking your video

And yea, everything is fine in low tiers in 1.9.  Two Gorovets in 16 minutes and 3 battles:

good for you how many players can do that ?

Decided to work on my daily missions yesterday in the I-5 ShKAS because I've hardly ever played it since I got it.  Out of 4 battles it took 4 were wins, and two of them earned Gorovets.  This isn't because I'm some badass master pilot, it's because the bar is hilariously low and epic medals are given out like Halloween candy, cheapening them for everyone.  And worse yet, the economy and daily missions actually incentivize skilled players to come down and do this.  It's gross.

Again only your opinion and not reflective of the majority and their skill level, only your skill level.

View PostBotCDR, on 22 November 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

Ok so you can rack them up, but not everyone else can. So since you can lets have WG stop anyone else from even trying.

No.  We're deluding ourselves if we think setting the bar this comically low is good for the game.

THen stop flying low tiers

At best, we're going to be growing a generation of players whose expectations and assessment of their own ability outstrips their actual skill.

What was it you stated "I'm a good but not great pilot " How long did it take you to get good.

Handing out epic awards like participation trophies will not lead to sustainable growth, which is something this game has always struggled with.

Can you even see what is wrong with this statement ? ...............of course you can't

Doing something to actually teach people the game instead of just lowering the bar and  handing out awards would be far more effective over the long term.  How many of these new players do you think will be sticking around when they get to tier 7 and aren't getting coddled any more with nothing but the easiest bots?

We need to be challenging new players, not subsidizing them.

So you call experienced players seal clubbers and say they should not fly in low tiers yet you want to challenge

the new player y increasing the difficulty of bots.

What is laughable is the idea you think battle count equate to skill.

That WG has finally added enough bots to make it possible and we got lucky in a couple of games .

And how in the heck is pointing out a problem in the game elitist?

Elitist. Because you are trying so hard to convince everyone of a problem based only on your skill level of playing this game while not accepting anyone elses input.

I think this is something that is going to limit the long term growth of the game.  It's not like I'm bragging about this, and if anything this is the opposite of elitism.

What kind of game do you think NEW players would want to play, try to learn. How many threads have you seen about this game is hard " I quit "

Even threads about OP planes OP flights and such.

Heck how many threads have i replied to with " learn to fly and play the game "

View PostBotCDR, on 22 November 2015 - 09:43 PM, said:

And you wonder why I stated what I stated.

Tophatfire #39 Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Great.  More insult and condescension.  Appreciate the repeated thread hijack for your own agenda too.

Again, how is this so hard to understand: if it's even possible for anyone to get what's supposed to be and was once an epic award that might be earned only a few times in a career in two battles out of three like what literally happened above then it's too easy.  Period.

It's not a matter of opinion It's not because I'm an elitist or trying to brag about my skill, but quite the opposite: it's WAY too easy.

No one made you the sole arbiter of what's good for new players or the game either.

mullyman #40 Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 38 battles

If WG were smart (yeah we know they aren't)... they would have a pop up for each player after they hit the 100 battle mark asking them if they thought the game was A) Too hard, B) Too easy, C) Adequately difficult.

Then they may have a better feel for how the new player views the game.

mullyman.png

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users