Ha 137 Gorovets Clostermann Gabreski Ace Seal Clubbing video roflstomp

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Tophatfire #1 Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Blohm & Voss Ha 137 (Tier III German Ground Attack Premium) on Harbor.  After a quick courtesy loop to avoid getting too far out in front I run out and drop my ordnance.  After rejoining the team when I noticed no one else on the team had managed a single kill yet, I wind up carrying the battle almost single-handedly, picking up a stack of medals along the way.

The Ha 137 is a quirky plane.  It's unwieldy and nose-heavy in a roll, which is why my marksmanship is all over in a few places.  But it's relatively quick and nimble for a GA though, and its 20mm cannon at tier 3 are relatively devastating against ground and air targets.  I find it best to expend the bombs quickly and then begin dogfighting, either against low-flying fighters or the enemy GAA.

Medal Count: Ace, Destroyer, Gorovets Medal, Clostermann Medal, Gabreski Medal, Hat Trick, Quick Shot.

I even had to look up what the Gabreski Medal was because I had never gotten one: 9 kills and 15 points for ground targets.  And of course the Hat Trick medal is only available once per plane.  I get it here because I basically haven't flown this plane since the medal was introduced so long ago.  

My point here again is that something is wrong in the game, especially in the low tiers.  They're handing out what were once epic medals like Halloween candy.  There's no way it should be this easy, even for me.

Spoiler

Replayhttp://www.dropbox.c...wowpreplay?dl=0

Dave12w #2 Posted 19 November 2015 - 10:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 117 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

The game is supposed to be much easier in the

lowest tiers for an inexperienced player an ace

would be a great acheivement in tier three, if they

made it more of a challange for you at tier 3 the

new guys would get smashed.

ScorchTrials_ #3 Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2 battles
Wow, you make it look so easy. Good battle and good flying!!:):honoring:

ScorchTrials_.png

Sassover #4 Posted 19 November 2015 - 11:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 172 battles
You're a no good baby bot killer. Just wait till the other bots find out !!!

Edited by 20thCenturyLtd, 19 November 2015 - 11:18 PM.

Topsight #5 Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:33 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
So how many "seals" have left yet? Are you the only exp player doing this? Knowing it's perfectly fine to play any tier...I question your motives.

raulv04 #6 Posted 20 November 2015 - 12:38 AM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View PostBotCDR, on 19 November 2015 - 04:07 PM, said:

My point here again is that something is wrong in the game, especially in the low tiers.  They're handing out what were once epic medals like Halloween candy.  There's no way it should be this easy, even for me.

A very valid point, man, those epic medals should be that, epic, some sort of epic effort are implied in them. But when for example, you kill 3 humans and six bots and get a Gorovets, definitely something is very, very wrong with this game, and my guess is not only in lower tiers, but overall.

Dave12w #7 Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:15 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 117 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

What is very wrong Raul that a very good player

can smash it up in lowest tiers, most experienced

players can take a ar192 or fw 57 out and do this,

The challange is doing that in higer tiers.  Some

people that don't play much just troll the forums

posting whatever negitive crap they can.  

Tophatfire #8 Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:16 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostDave12w, on 19 November 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

The game is supposed to be much easier in the

lowest tiers for an inexperienced player an ace

would be a great acheivement in tier three, if they

made it more of a challange for you at tier 3 the

new guys would get smashed.

But it's not just easier it's crazy easy, and it's easy for everyone not just new players.  And not only are they handing out the exact same medals and awards you would get at higher tiers, but you can still make great credits doing it.  And when that kind of play is being incentivized by the economy and reward scheme, those are problems.

And if the lower tiers are this ridiculously easy, those new players aren't going to be learning the things they need to learn to be successful later.  And that's its own problem too.

View PostTopsight, on 19 November 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

So how many "seals" have left yet? Are you the only exp player doing this? Knowing it's perfectly fine to play any tier...I question your motives.

I had a German pilot who needed training and stumbled across the Ha 137 in the hangar.  Since I hadn't flown it in forever I figured why not, and it turns out I'm allowed to do that.

Here's everything I flew yesterday:

Not everything has to be a foilhat conspiracy.

View Postraulv04, on 19 November 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

A very valid point, man, those epic medals should be that, epic, some sort of epic effort are implied in them. But when for example, you kill 3 humans and six bots and get a Gorovets, definitely something is very, very wrong with this game, and my guess is not only in lower tiers, but overall.

Exactly.  But I hardly even had to try.  The only part that even took any real effort was trying to snipe through my bot teammates to get the 8th kill, and that didn't even take all that much effort.

MagusGerhardt #9 Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:54 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

And people wondered why I loved this airplane when it first came out.  Even back when it was facing enemy teams of humans with twelve players per side it was a devastating sleeper aircraft.

Having flown it in the previous environment as well as now, it's not just the presence of bots but the gun mechanics that have made her a little more deadly than before.  Those 20mm cannons she has are brutal.

Congratulations on the Gabreski medal, though!  Even in these conditions there are very few players I've heard of pulling those epics off on a regular basis.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Dave12w #10 Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:07 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 117 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

I agree the credit system does support lower

tier trolling which can be a problem, and there's 

a marked diffence in skills needed from the lower to

higher tiers, so seperate

medals for higher tiers would be good.

mullyman #11 Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 36 battles

If the game was easy for everyone then you wouldn't have been able to mow through 8 kills.

Or are you saying the game is easy for everyone because of the BOTS?

mullyman.png

losttwo #12 Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:09 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postmullyman, on 20 November 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

If the game was easy for everyone then you wouldn't have been able to mow through 8 kills.

My opinion about what he is saying is that EVERYONE should be able to do this.

Failing to take into account the kind of computer system someone is running, internet service and so on.

I do not know what kind of system he runs and can only speak from my own experience.

The winter war map for example runs at 9 -18 Frames per second and the lower tiers are a struggle for me.

It is now even worse since the last micro patch. I do not know what WG did server side but the game now is unplayable at any tier.

Running basically the same various frame rates as before ( highest being 33 on some maps ) Yet now my ping runs into the 100's

where as before it would run in the 30's.

If I were that good the lower tiers would be boring and i would not play them as it stands now it is a struggle.

It all boils down to a case of " if I can do this then why cant you "

All the while failing to realize the various variables involved.

For the last few patches i have been stuck in the higher tiers due to my system and could only play low tiers at low population.

Anything past 7 vs 7 was absolutely no good for me and was a large struggle.

Now even the high tiers are a struggle at 10 vs 10.

I would really enjoy trying to play this game on a gaming system with a 4GB internet.

Then I could see how bad I really stink at this game.

Going to give it a couple of more days of trying to play and I still can not get any performance then I will have to take a break until the next patch.

Tophatfire #13 Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:37 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

What?  This doesn't even make sense.

I'm saying putting exclusively the easiest bots down there and then incentivizing experienced players through epic awards, credits, and daily missions to seal club is problematic in a game that has struggled mightily to build population and teach people how to play it.

I got another Gorovets just now chasing a tier I-III component of a daily mission.

I'm a good player, but I'm not so good that I should be able to rack these things up left and right like this when I only had 4 coming in to 1.9.  And getting paid to do it.

View Postlosttwo, on 20 November 2015 - 04:09 PM, said:

My opinion about what he is saying is that EVERYONE should be able to do this.

Failing to take into account the kind of computer system someone is running, internet service and so on.

No.  That's not what I'm saying at all.  Stop putting words in my mouth.

My system and connection aren't even all that good by gaming standards, they're just non-awful.  And PC and connection have remained same while the number of epic awards earned has jumped dramatically with 1.9.

losttwo #14 Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:14 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

OK let me ask you this BotCDR.

What exactly is the point you are trying to make ?

While granted you can go down into the lower tiers and be very proficient raking in medal after medal of epic proportions.

What about the experienced players that don't.

Using me as an example. Even when I fly low tiers I do not always win nor always get ACE medals.

What about the other players that have many games and experience at this game ?

And if you see a possible problem or something as problematic what do suggest be done to solve it ?

Edited by losttwo, 20 November 2015 - 11:23 PM.

mullyman #15 Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 36 battles

"What?  This doesn't even make sense."

For every player that wins, there is a player that loses.   if you are killing 8 pilots a game then there are plenty of other pilots that are struggling to contribute even a single kill.     If those other pilots did better,  you wouldn't be able to get 8 kills a match.

mullyman.png

Tophatfire #16 Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:12 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postlosttwo, on 20 November 2015 - 06:14 PM, said:

OK let me ask you this BotCDR.

What exactly is the point you are trying to make ?

While granted you can go down into the lower tiers and be very proficient raking in medal after medal of epic proportions.

What about the experienced players that don't.

Using me as an example. Even when I fly low tiers I do not always win nor always get ACE medals.

What about the other players that have many games and experience at this game ?

And if you see a possible problem or something as problematic what do suggest be done to solve it ?

View PostBotCDR, on 20 November 2015 - 04:37 PM, said:

I'm saying putting exclusively the easiest bots down there and then incentivizing experienced players through epic awards, credits, and daily missions to seal club is problematic in a game that has struggled mightily to build population and teach people how to play it.

Randomizing the bot difficulty in lower tiers would be a big step in the right direction, as might confining the epic awards to tier 4+.  Limiting the economic rewards past a certain number of battles/day in lower tiers would be nice but I doubt we'll ever see that.

View Postmullyman, on 20 November 2015 - 09:06 PM, said:

For every player that wins, there is a player that loses.   if you are killing 8 pilots a game then there are plenty of other pilots that are struggling to contribute even a single kill.     If those other pilots did better,  you wouldn't be able to get 8 kills a match.

Yes, exactly.  But they're not going to learn to get any better because everything is easy mode.

losttwo #17 Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:13 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postmullyman, on 20 November 2015 - 09:06 PM, said:

Yet, I am the only one that understands that. Well other than you and a few others.

In his match there are 9 assist and 1 other person destroyed a plane. With a total of 7 survivors on his team.

losttwo #18 Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:33 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBotCDR, on 20 November 2015 - 09:12 PM, said:

Randomizing the bot difficulty in lower tiers would be a big step in the right direction,

I am kind of iffy on that idea. I would prefer some sort of battles played separation.

Where the new players that have less than 2000 battles over all are separated from the players with 2000+ battles.

Since they add bots to battle this should be an easy fix between tier 1-3. I really want to go back to playing my P-12

The fact is most people flying the P-12 have less than 2000 battles. So put me in with 9 other bots and no NEW blood.

Back to the KARMA or " protection" factors of 1.5

as might confining the epic awards to tier 4+.

This I could agree on as well. You do not start receiving any awards until tier 4+

However I do not believe it would solve any " problems ". I would still fly the lower tiers because i enjoy them. 

I am sure there would be a lot of people still flying in the lower tiers regardless of achievements.

Limiting the economic rewards past a certain number of battles/day in lower tiers would be nice but I doubt we'll ever see that.

Here again this is a bad business decision based on trying to control how and what people fly.

Why would any one spend money on a game if they can not fly what they want when they want.

Perhaps making it more profitable to fly higher tiers so people would not have to fly low tiers to fund the high tier games

would make more sense.

So change the economy at the top tiers would be a more logical solution.

Yes, exactly.  But they're not going to learn to get any better because everything is easy mode.

This I disagree on completely. I think it will go a long way towards player retention with the bots as they are now.

As the player progresses up the tiers the bots increase in difficulty then again who is to say the bots are not already veterans in the low tiers as well.

We do not know the skill level of the bots in the lower tiers only that bots were made easier in the lower tiers.

While flying the YP-29 today every single match the bots made ace and carried the match win or lose.

MAKE THE GAME FUN FOR NEW PLAYERS then they will learn to get better. Hopefully they will want to learn to get better .

losttwo #19 Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:44 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

The major problem is that there is no problem.

People will fly what they want when they want. It is freedom of choice.

The achievements are only a side bar.

Often times people get a misconception that it is a requirement to move up the tiers

and never look back.

The game is designed to fly what ever plane you achieve, progress too and retain.

That is why they sell hangar spaces.

That is why low tiers do not get locked once you elite them.

So you have a problem with people flying low tiers and achieving medals.

BIG DEAL. Don't sweat the small stuff that doesn't concern you.

Or should I say if WG is not concerned about it then why should you be.

Go have fun in the low tiers. If you choose. Your team needs someone to help them win,

Go give out more assists for your team mates, I am sure they would appreciate it.

After all this is an avocation not a vocation. It is a hobby, a game, entertainment.

Competitive by its nature. In its current state with no end game.

What ever the crusade it is not worth it in a world of pixels and fairy dust.

The creator doesn't care nor should we.

Edited by losttwo, 21 November 2015 - 02:47 AM.

Tophatfire #20 Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I'm pointing out what I think is an obvious problem in the game; you're the one crusading here.

Glad you liked the video.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users