Destroy all Machines! - Contest

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

xenofoxx #61 Posted 04 November 2015 - 03:21 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 144 battles

View Postcqiyuan, on 04 November 2015 - 03:33 AM, said:

As far as I know, P51k  is a great plane, well at least I'd seen it in a few battles before 1.9.0, it can outperform my P51D (Not sure if its A or D, thats ages ago)  at all aspects 

Edit* If I'm ain't wrong, its a China plane

Yeah, it's a good aircraft. From what I've read, in reality, it was basically a P-51D that was built in Texas. They designated it as K to note the manufacturing location was different. The D model was manufactured in California. I think initially the K model has a different propeller material but later used the same as D. But I'm no expert.

View Postcqiyuan, on 04 November 2015 - 03:38 AM, said:

Sorry for double posting, 

Wiki

http://wiki.wargamin...1K_Mustang.jpg 

Forums

http://forum.worldof...ted-time-offer/

Yeah. That's why I was asking.

In the game, I own the P-51K that was exported to China. But I wasn't sure if the prize was that aircraft (belonging to the Chinese tech tree) or if it was the same aircraft under the US tree.

As stated above, it's very similar to the D. If you watch the video I posted above, my K model even takes out a D model.

Xenofoxx - World of Warplanes - Closed Beta Tester

SystemRename336 #62 Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 03 November 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

But a skilled grinder will always beat an unskilled grinder, that is my point.

In any case, WG needs to pander to the vets and the noobs.  The month long free plane is easy, I completed it in 2 days.  This contest, is also easy, but more skilled players will get more kills.

We can see how it pans out, but I doubt I will be calling the winner an unskilled grinder.

Dude, you're not getting it. It's silly for you to debate this. 

No they wont. They will just play x5 as many games as you and beat you with quantity over quality. 

I never said unskilled grinder, that's you putting words in my mouth. I simply said that this is not the best of the best, its a grinding contest. 

Check some warplanestoday and hall of fame stats, and you will see. If not, nevermind just forget it. 

MARS_REVENANT #63 Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:19 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5652 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

Warplanes today stats:

Bears: 926 battles over the last 2 weeks Avg Kills 2.79

Kirk: 869 battles over the last 2 weeks. Avg Kills 0.49

OZ: 739 battles over the last 2 weeks. Avg Kills 0.48

So as you can see, Bears, with presumably more skill because of the higher kill avg will win.  He grinds, the same as the others, but has more skill, so he is killing more planes.

I cant spell it out any more clear than that.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Tonzzo #64 Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:26 PM

Captain

• 702 battles

Top 25 killas for the past day.....  Nope no Marco no Jules and Yup no Tonzzo....  Grind it if you want.....

Top 25 killas for the past week.... Nope no Marco no Jules and Yup no Tonzzo....  Grind it if you want.....

Top 25 killas for the past 4 weeks.....  Nope no Marco no Jules and Yup no Tonzzo....  Grind it if you want.....

Fact is BEARSS is at the top of them all.... By a massive majority.....  Looking threw this list of names I see some skilled players sure....  However there are a lot of players that haven't even bothered to mess with higher tier aircraft.  Im almost positive that if you want to have a shot at this you will want to fly lower tier seal clubbing aircraft and simply PUB rush in kill what ya can then jump back to hanger and try again quickly!!!!! 

Regardless if you hoping to have some sort of a chance at winning this contest.....  You may not want to waste much time arguing in the forums.....

Better get back to smashing beetles...   Um I mean BOTs.....  :P

SystemRename336 #65 Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:16 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 04 November 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

Warplanes today stats:

So as you can see, Bears, with presumably more skill because of the higher kill avg will win.  He grinds, the same as the others, but has more skill, so he is killing more planes.

So much fail in one post. Oh look the guy with the most games has the most kills, as I've been saying all along. See post #19 in this thread. You define "skill" as kicking the krap outta newbs in tier 4, 70 to 80 matches a night, I do not. 

You do realize Kirk and Oz fly mostly GAA? 

Clearly, I never meant there will be a 100% correlation, tit-for-tat, most games = 1st place(which it actually will), 2nd most games = 2nd place, 3rd most games = 3rd place, etc, etc. The players with legit highest kills per game wont place in this contest because they either cant or have no desire to play 500 matches a week. 

I give up, you win, peace out.

Edited by Jules_Winfield, 05 November 2015 - 12:39 AM.

Tonzzo #66 Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:35 PM

Captain

• 702 battles

Don't forget....  Those who play while the "peak population" sleeps and works will have mostly BOT battles which will equate to more BOT kills.  While those of us who play only at peak population times will have less opportunities to get BOT kills.....

Wait....  What am I talking about....  Peak population?  OMFG somebody slap the S it out of me please....

MARS_REVENANT #67 Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:07 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5652 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostJules_Winfield, on 04 November 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

So much fail in one post. Oh look the guy with the most games has the most kills, as I've been saying all along. See post #19 in this thread. You define "skill" as kicking the krap outta newbs in tier 4, 70 to 80 matches a night, I do not. 

You do realize Kirk and Oz fly mostly GAA? 

Clearly, I never meant there will be a 100% correlation, tit-for-tat, most games = 1st place(which it actually will), 2nd most games = 2nd place, 3rd most games = 3rd place, etc, etc. The players with legit highest kills per game wont place in this contest because they either cant or have no desire to play 500 matches a week. 

I give up, you win, peace out.

Its sad how the education system has failed some people some people have turned their backs to basic education, and turn to insults so quickly.

Oh well, what you need to learn can not be taught here.

<0 GL&HF in this and anything else you try for in life.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Tophatfire #68 Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostTonzzo, on 04 November 2015 - 04:35 PM, said:

Don't forget....  Those who play while the "peak population" sleeps and works will have mostly BOT battles which will equate to more BOT kills.  While those of us who play only at peak population times will have less opportunities to get BOT kills.....

Wait....  What am I talking about....  Peak population?  OMFG somebody slap the S it out of me please....

losttwo #69 Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:58 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 4942 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 04 November 2015 - 08:07 PM, said:

Its sad how the education system has failed some people some people have turned their backs to basic education, and turn to insults so quickly.

Oh well, what you need to learn can not be taught here.

<0 GL&HF in this and anything else you try for in life.

:great:

Lets try some basic education based on what I fly.

I can average 40 matches a day.

Minimum bot count is 6 bots per match.

My average kill per battle based on experience rather than the stat page is 2 kills per match.

40x2=80 bots per day.

Times 30 days 240 bots.

DILLIGAF what other people are doing or can do. That doesn't matter.

What matters is can I begin to do better than 240 bots /month and increase my kill count ?

If I strive to improve then I may have a chance at winning.

Edited by losttwo, 05 November 2015 - 02:10 AM.

slipweasel #70 Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:02 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 37 battles
Why wouldn't this get posted on FB or any social media. I think this is why WoWP has such low pop.  Do some PR.

Derpinoid #71 Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 286 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Grinding blades activated, selection of target set to anything that moves.

Is there a bonus for most humans as well as bots?:playing:

Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.

TeamTerrible #72 Posted 06 November 2015 - 02:54 AM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 04 November 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

Warplanes today stats:

lol, Bears just likes picking on the newcomers

Mostly found on low tiers and in a flight, rolls with the op planes and never anything else.

Yeah, more skill at stat padding if anything

Tonzzo #73 Posted 06 November 2015 - 05:40 PM

Captain

• 702 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 06 November 2015 - 02:54 AM, said:

lol, Bears just likes picking on the newcomers

Mostly found on low tiers and in a flight, rolls with the op planes and never anything else.

Yeah, more skill at stat padding if anything

Yea but is he "educated"?.....  That's what is evidently going to win this......  Not seal clubbing day ad night cuz you don't have a job and can stay up all night and day and only sleep during peak population times.....  That's totally un-educated guessing by us....  We should trust Marco on this since its to mentally challenging to look at the Hall of Fame for the week and then push that FRG button to see where we are at and simply consider that the bot to kill ratio is irrelevant since it should be about the same for everyone......

Lets see....

Yup BEARSS is in first...  With 1441 kills.....

Second is someone named FIREBALL with 777 kills....  (WOW BEARSS is nearly double that of second place!!!!!)

Looking down the rest of the list.....  YUP no Marco, Jules or Tonzzo listed........  TT though your in 6th so go get them!!!!!  You have 600 kills and only need to gain 841 more to get the lead.....

Now marco likes to look at average kills....  ok then....  Bears is around 2.76 right now and TT is around 2.01....  Both pretty nice kills per battle.....  However its not the performance that matters.....  It really comes down to battle counts that make it happen here......

So Bears has 2.76 kills per battle. Multiply that by the fact that he plays a average of about 67.66 BATTLES PER DAY!  This equates to 186.7416 kills a day.....

So inorder to compete just on a day to day basis TT would need to fly 92.90 battles a day just to give him a run for his money....  Lets not forget that TT would still need to figure out a way to also make up that 841 more kills as well......

Is it skill that going to win this?  Somewhat...  Whats really going to win it is Battles played per day though.....  Bears is 10th place on Frags per battle.....  That means that he has to outgrind the other 9 players to win which he is obviously doing by more than twice over.....  Avg Kills mean nothing when your battle counts are low per day.....  ITS A GRINDER / SEAL CLUBBING ONLY COMPETITION!

But what do I know....  Im doing math with statistics to figure out what might happen....  Some would say that its a "Educated Guess"  others would say its just "Un-Educated"......

TeamTerrible #74 Posted 06 November 2015 - 06:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Gee no fooling Tonzzo??  67.66 battles a day against players with less than 100 battles in them!!!!

LOL!!!  Its a wonder how we still have players that opt to roll match 101 with this type of nonsense going on.

Well I have my pride so I guess they should just announce the winner now and move on to the next gig.

CrayoIaCrayon #75 Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Truly ashame that Dreamer quit.  Then we wouldn't be having this argument.  The contest would already be won before it started

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

Noreaga #76 Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:31 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

if dreamer quits the game is really bad, he never gets angry. 

i quote "its just boring now"

Nimis obnoxii curare

Tonzzo #77 Posted 06 November 2015 - 09:50 PM

Captain

• 702 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 06 November 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

Gee no fooling Tonzzo??  67.66 battles a day against players with less than 100 battles in them!!!!

LOL!!!  Its a wonder how we still have players that opt to roll match 101 with this type of nonsense going on.

Well I have my pride so I guess they should just announce the winner now and move on to the next gig.

Naaa....  Silly.....  You need to play 92.9 battles a day to keep up....  You will need to play more than that if you want to make up the deficit....  Your averaging 38.87 battles a day so that's only like what.....   53.33 battles more a day then you are currently playing....  Just take what time you are spending playing this game....  Which is already more than most people and TRIPPLE it....  Then you are surely in the hunt!!!!  Come on TT if anyone has a shot its YOU!!!

Look at the bright side you could make a run for second....  Let me look at him.....

Wow he is winning 48.20% of his battles?  That's some skill there isn't it Marco?

Survives 29% of the time....  Massive skill there too...

Averages .52 kills per battle....  That's 0.52 so being in second place with 777 kills in the past 7 days or (Love easy math) 111 kills a day at a rate of 0.52 kills per battle is a astounding 213.4615384 battles A DAY for the last 7 days!!!!!!!  MY GOD!!!!  :ohmy:

Average Tier 2.82......  That's a whole lot of Clubbing going on.....

Now looking at this I would surmise that we have exactly what was discussed previously in this thread.  This contest is not about rewarding great play, great / skilled players and really isn't a tournament at all.....  It about who grinds the hardest while not working a day job, school or hell having any kind of responsibilities at all....  Its not a tournament for the majority of WOWP players that are simply put Casual Players seeking entertainment and fun challenges of skill and competition....  Its about gaming the system and getting free stuff because you can spend every waking second spamming the same strategy all day long.....  This player is likely just jumping into battles pub rushing in to get as many kills as he can then quickly exiting to hanger and jumping back into another plane.  He has no concern with strategy, skill, winning, others who want to win and certainly is working hard to get these free goodies.  He is doing exactly what this tournament requires.  PUB SMASHING BOTS AS FAST AS HE CAN!!!!!!!!

Still not convinced?  Yesterday this second place individual went and got 105 more kills then BEARSS in first place....If he continues this pace he will actually catch BEARSS in less than a week and a half....  Bearss, Put another pot of coffee on....  You gots work to do!!!!!!

The point of all of this is that these "Tournaments" are much like everything WG does....  They sit down to a "Idea meeting" and throw ideas around without actually considering the customers.  They are not thinking about the ramifications of how it will play out.  Im sorry to be blunt but they cant see the forest for the tree's....  We have been requesting Clan Wars for nearly 2 years now and we cant even get WGNA to put a actual tournament system in place that can serve as a "Substatute" tell the Development team can finish putting in all the upgrades to the game that have never been requested so that they can FINALLY get to work on this whole Clan Wars concept that we have all requested.....  SOON!™

SystemRename336 #78 Posted 07 November 2015 - 04:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles

View PostTonzzo, on 06 November 2015 - 12:40 PM, said:

Second is someone named FIREBALL with 777 kills.... 

Woah, it seems we have a highly educated, mad-skilled, grinder with his eye's on the prize. 

Edited by Jules_Winfield, 07 November 2015 - 04:53 PM.

KamikazFu #79 Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:07 PM

Senior Airman

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 163 battles

Hi,

when you said jump on the Tier4 & highter and fight the Bots,in my Hangar at the right side of my Start button,

the only option I got were the Standard battles and the 2 Training battles options.But,the Bots option or mod are not anymore there since the last update(1.9.1).So,how I can join this new mod like they name it?

Thank you in advance

Attached Files

• Attached File   No Bots option.jpg   89K

KamikazFu

Tonzzo #80 Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:31 PM

Captain

• 702 battles

View PostKamikazFu, on 07 November 2015 - 05:07 PM, said:

Hi,

when you said jump on the Tier4 & highter and fight the Bots,in my Hangar at the right side of my Start button,

the only option I got were the Standard battles and the 2 Training battles options.But,the Bots option or mod are not anymore there since the last update(1.9.1).So,how I can join this new mod like they name it?

Thank you in advance

Hey KamikazFu!

Its the standard battle mode.  They removed Battle Vs Bots in 1.9 patch. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users