Introduce Yourself

newbs

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Mythweaver #121 Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:18 AM

Airman Basic

• 688 battles

Hi there. My name is Mythweaver and I am very new to warplanes but I enjoy the gameplay a great deal. What has put a bad taste in my mouth is the number of people who harrass new players with name calling and other berating talk. I know that WoT and WoWs have a means in game to log complaints but planes only seems to allow you to blacklist players. Name calling doesnt bother me but my ten year old son gets quite upset when he reads these messages...

The most recent came from a veteran player with over 6600, this person and others like him are one of the reasons this game has so few players.

I will continue to play and learn but I cant let my children play a game they really like and I wont recommend it to people with kids because of players like that.

Edited by Mythweaver, 30 January 2017 - 11:47 AM.

Snoticus #122 Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2027 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostMythweaver, on 30 January 2017 - 06:18 AM, said:

Hi there. My name is Mythweaver and I am very new to warplanes but I enjoy the gameplay a great deal. What has put a bad taste in my mouth is the number of people who harrass new players with name calling and other berating talk. I know that WoT and WoWs have a means in game to log complaints but planes only seems to allow you to blacklist players. Name calling doesnt bother me but my ten year old son gets quite upset when he reads these messages...

The most recent came from a veteran player with over 6600 matches named "5orty", this person and others like hime are one of the reasons this game has so few players.

I will continue to play and learn but I cant let my children play a game they really like and I wont recommend it to people with kids because of players like "5orty".

they get twitchy about naming and shaming here.
tlhIngan maH! Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

losttwo #123 Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:28 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMythweaver, on 30 January 2017 - 06:18 AM, said:

The most recent came from a veteran player with over 6600 matches named "5orty", this person and others like him are one of the reasons this game has so few players.

I will continue to play and learn but I cant let my children play a game they really like and I wont recommend it to people with kids because of players like "5orty".

You must be new to gaming in any platform that has chat capability.

My suggestion is to educate your children about reality and learn to have a thicker skin.

The gaming world itself is not for the faint of heart or sensitive personalities.

Regardless of what a company may try to do for policing language and communication, the bad always gets thru.

Most games are rated for age 13 and up and most responsible parents usually follow the age guide lines.

Edited by losttwo, 30 January 2017 - 11:29 AM.

Snoticus #124 Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2027 battles
  • [SF] SF

View Postlosttwo, on 30 January 2017 - 06:28 AM, said:

My suggestion is to educate your children about reality and learn to have a thicker skin.

The gaming world itself is not for the faint of heart or sensitive personalities.

Regardless of what a company may try to do for policing language and communication, the bad always gets thru.

Most games are rated for age 13 and up and most responsible parents usually follow the age guide lines.

he's right...show them one metre of weakness..their on you like piranhas on a carcass. 

losttwo #125 Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:36 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostSnoticus, on 30 January 2017 - 06:31 AM, said:

he's right...show them one metre of weakness..their on you like piranhas on a carcass. 

yeah ...don't play Call of Duty if you are weak. They are more brutal than a Drill Sargent.

Mythweaver #126 Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

Airman Basic

• 688 battles

Its not a matter of weakness or thin skin (Im a security officer in a correctional facility) its a matter of respect. Name calling etc...during a match is to be expected...not in your hanger...whatever. It is a shame that people act this way over a game, it makes you wonder how they are in life.
I will edit my post...I named the guy because I was angry that it was my son who brought it to my attention (he got out of bed while I was in the bathroom).

Thanks for the advice.

I removed the players name from the original but it remains on your quotes.

Edited by Mythweaver, 30 January 2017 - 11:50 AM.

Snoticus #127 Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2027 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostMythweaver, on 30 January 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

Its not a matter of weakness or thin skin (Im a security officer in a correctional facility) its a matter of respect. Name calling etc...during a match is to be expected...not in your hanger...whatever. It is a shame that people act this way over a game, it makes you wonder how they are in life.
I will edit my post...I named the guy because it was my son who brought it to my attention (he got out of bed while I was in the bathroom).

Thanks for the advice.

you can report all messages sent to inbox...look in the left corner for the report button the message..but theirs a clear age limit here. its posted in the tos you agreed to and electronically signed. 

Mythweaver #128 Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:54 AM

Airman Basic

• 688 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 30 January 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

I am fairly new to these kinds of games. They have a sharp learning curve.

Snoticus #129 Posted 30 January 2017 - 11:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 2027 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostMythweaver, on 30 January 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

I am fairly new to these kinds of games. They have a sharp learning curve.

in wowp ..you tube is your best friend...soloshooter has good teaching vids as do several other veterans here...if i see you in the skies as a team mate..ill watch your back if i can, if your an enemy. well....don't shoot me first and stay off my dots....im watching you...

Edited by Snoticus, 30 January 2017 - 11:57 AM.

losttwo #130 Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:41 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMythweaver, on 30 January 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

I will edit my post...I named the guy because I was angry that it was my son who brought it to my attention (he got out of bed while I was in the bathroom).

Thanks for the advice.

I removed the players name from the original but it remains on your quotes.

Being a Correctional Officer ( KUDOS on that job ) You should know all to well how people act in real life.

Heck you are guarding them.

I learned a long time ago and as you will come to realize R-E-S-P-E-C-T doesn't exist in gaming

Unless of course it is based on " how good you are ".

The internet becomes a shield for many people allowing them to pretend to be more than they are.

Those are the ones that have not ended up in your facility or institution yet.

This has become a world of " Do what you want and forget about the consequences "

Think about it:

Smoking under a " no smoking sign "

Vaping in a ' no smoking spot "

Smoking illegal substance while driving to work, at work. ( my co-workers when I did work )

Using cell phones while driving ( against the law in MD )

Drinking and driving ( but I only had 1 beer )

Carrying a firearm with out a permit.

The list goes on.

Edited by losttwo, 30 January 2017 - 12:42 PM.

Mythweaver #131 Posted 30 January 2017 - 02:40 PM

Airman Basic

• 688 battles

I actually feel like a loser now that I have logged back in and the individual messaged me back to apologize for his over reaction...not apologize, I guess but try to justify his reasons at any rate. Offering to help if I have TS3...

So one of many was decent enough to apologize and it is enough to make me feel shame for my own over reaction to his post. I am sorry for creating a stir over something apparently commonplace and thank you to everyone who had something to say for your direction.

Myth

Edited by Mythweaver, 30 January 2017 - 02:41 PM.

RedSpartacus #132 Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16851 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

"If you treat people right they will treat you right ... ninety percent of the time."

Franklin D. Roosevelt

RUN WITH THE PACK

jack_wdw #133 Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

Airman Basic

• 2957 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Hi my ingame name is Jack_wdw, (abbrevation of Jack_Widow nothing to do with Walt Disney World)
Currently i'm playing with planes from Tier V to Tier VII

I've found interest again in WoWp after not having played it for several years.
In the beginning all tiers were mixed up in the games and i didn't like that very much so i moved over to War Thunder.
War Thunder i disliked even more, although it has a better planes database and overall action, it gives you an edge if you use mouse control.

I like the controls in WoWp a lot better, especially it doesn't give you a handicap when you use joystick controls (the way every flight sim is meant to be played imo)
The plane database could be better in wowp. (no heavy or medium bombers, ground targets are really dumb and tanks or ships are not even moving).
I also hate it that when i shoot hundreds of bullets in the rear of an il-2, his rear gunner keeps on surviving and keeps hitting me hard.

GhostPrime #134 Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:46 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1337 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Welcome back, Jack! ​Thank you for your feedback!

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Getting_too_old_for_this #135 Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

Airman Basic

• 45 battles
  • [A-D-X] A-D-X

Hiya,

I enjoy just surfing about in this game... and learning... I get killed in every game since I cannot find any training rooms to just learn the plane. Now if we were all Japanese Kamikaze then not a problem; learn to take off and just hit something...

Also where are the WW I planes? Most of these seem to be between wars and experimental planes... Where are the planes we learned and fantasized about growing up?

Cheers!

[edited]

Cheers

Snoticus #136 Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2027 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostMD_[edited], on 08 February 2017 - 08:38 AM, said:

Hiya,

I enjoy just surfing about in this game... and learning... I get killed in every game since I cannot find any training rooms to just learn the plane. Now if we were all Japanese Kamikaze then not a problem; learn to take off and just hit something...

Also where are the WW I planes? Most of these seem to be between wars and experimental planes... Where are the planes we learned and fantasized about growing up?

Cheers!

[edited]

not in this game...they don't even have b-14's, b-21's OR b-56's and they ALL fit the time frame and were used in the time frame this game portrays...or tries to...

Edited by Snoticus, 08 February 2017 - 04:13 PM.

RRandy87 #137 Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• 905 battles

Hi everyone, RRandy87 checking in a bit belatedly. Been in the game a couple weeks now I guess. I fly tier 1 almost exclusively as that is where my interests lie. I'd fly tier zero if that was reserved for WW1 planes.... :) I have started to be tempted to move-up for interesting events, so some of you may see me there. Otherwise I'll be in a biplane somewhere in tier 1.

Like Jack, I started in War Thunder a few weeks ago but got tired of their terrible match-making algorithm. Lets just say its not a whole lot of fun trying to fly a biplane when you are going up against Spitfires and Hurricanes :(

Their control interface is also terrible. Trying to fly with a joystick in arcade mode is really bad. I'm told its better in sim mode, but that doesn't interest me.

So, anyway here I am. World of Warplanes could definitely use some more players, more WW1 options, and perhaps a few other things. But if you like flying with a joystick and/or flying biplanes it is far superior to War Thunder.

RRandy87 #138 Posted 09 February 2017 - 08:45 PM

Master Sergeant

• 905 battles

View PostMD_[edited], on 08 February 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

... I get killed in every game since I cannot find any training rooms to just learn the plane. Now if we were all Japanese Kamikaze then not a problem; learn to take off and just hit something...

What you want is "Team Training". Just to the right of the "Battle" button near the bottom of the screen there are options for standard battles, training, and team training. In team training you can fly just against bots to learn the game. You can even select how many, their skill level etc. Bizarrely, I don't think the team training option unlocks until level 3 or 4. (New myself, but I think that it just unlocked for me couple days ago when I researched a couple planes around tier 2 through tier 4......Someone can correct me on that if I am wrong). Anyway, why that should be the case is beyond me. The team training option should be available immediately since new players need it the most. Regardless, it is backward compatible. By that I mean if you want to fly against tier 1 bots to learn, you can set the scenario to all tier 1 planes and practice away. Why you should have to research to tier 4 first (or whatever it is) is senseless, but that is the way it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users