bug 1.9 bot

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

IvanSt #1 Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:33 AM

Airman Basic

• 191 battles
  • [-UFD-] -UFD-

Hi,

On the Hidden airbase map bot in a attack plane that is starting on the south often crashes at the beginning of the battle (normally in within first minute). I saw that at least 3 times out of 10 when I got on that map. Could you check that?

Best regards,

Ivan

Tonzzo #2 Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:55 AM

Captain

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

LOL i was like what!

Porkins_Jr #3 Posted 27 October 2015 - 04:20 AM

Major

• 0 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Bots are always crashing, nothing new.

GUNDY_ #4 Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:36 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 82 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
What? Why you complaining? The bots are imitating the humans as much as they can, i.e. lawn darting at the start of the match because they don't like the match-up of players.

GhostPrime #5 Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:15 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 19 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostIvanSt, on 26 October 2015 - 05:33 PM, said:

Hi,

On the Hidden airbase map bot in a attack plane that is starting on the south often crashes at the beginning of the battle (normally in within first minute). I saw that at least 3 times out of 10 when I got on that map. Could you check that?

Best regards,

Ivan

Checking....

Yup. Known issue. :) The bots are relatively new, and may go through some teething issues. :)

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Tonzzo #6 Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:33 PM

Captain

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostGhostPrime, on 27 October 2015 - 09:15 PM, said:

Checking....

Yup. Known issue. :) The bots are relatively new, and may go through some teething issues. :)

Yea.....  Known issue.....  Wont be fixed ("Soon™") and we will not tell you when or even relatively "IF" it will be fixed....  Suck It Up Buttercup! :honoring:

Edited by Tonzzo, 27 October 2015 - 10:36 PM.

losttwo #7 Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:26 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

OK so a bot lawn darts..who cares. That is 1 less bot to worry about.

Oh you are complaining because he is on your team....So what about the bot that gets shot first or second or third.

What about the humans that were doing it before bots were added to the game.

Doesn't matter matter when the bot gets destroyed or how. You will always find yourself down 1 and outnumbered at some point in the game.

Now if it is a GA lawn darting then it doesn't really matter does it. It is very rare that they serve any purpose or target AA first.

The GA bots are the most worthless in this game lending themselves to being targets only.

Why does a GA bot not target AA first ?

Simple, If the enemy runs to hide in AA the bot will absorb the AA fire for you until you kill the enemy.  WG logic.

Why not just program them to destroy AA first ? That is the job for human GA pilots:facepalm:

Bobby_Tables #8 Posted 28 October 2015 - 05:54 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 603 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View Postlosttwo, on 27 October 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:

Why not just program them to destroy AA first ? That is the job for human GA pilots:facepalm:

From what I have seen, the GA bots are imitating the human GA flyers almost eerily close.  I don't know how many times I have been killed and get dropped into a GA flown by a human.  They are destroying targets with no regard for the constant *plink *plink *plink of enemy AA.  I will watch as the totally disregard AA in favor of a juicy ground target.  When I fly GA, AA is my priority.  I might not get them all, but in my area, that's what I go for first.  Many, many humans do not.  They ignore the *plink because it's a slow, protracted death.  In order to get Thunder, you need to take out full targets, not just AA.  So... in my opinion, the bots are acting just like humans.  

As for bot GAs crashing into the ground, see above.  Almost scarily human behavior.  If I did not know better, WG has developed AI beyond what should be possible.  Maybe they took a conglomeration of all human GA pilots and used that as their basis for the bot GA behavior.  If so, then they are acting as I would expect them to act.  No regard for other flyers, and constant asking for air cover without first taking out AA.  Human GA or Bot GA look very much the same to me.  

Not trolling here, this is [edit: my interpretation of] an average of general behavior.  Those of you who fly GA and do not exhibit this behavior should not be offended.  If you are to average out the general GA behavior, the bots are right on key for the human population.    

Edited by Bobby_Tables, 28 October 2015 - 06:02 AM.

losttwo #9 Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:10 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBobby_Tables, on 28 October 2015 - 12:54 AM, said:

From what I have seen, the GA bots are imitating the human GA flyers almost eerily close.

Edited for brevity but yeah BINGO.

My belief is that

Wargaming and all their infinite studies and focus groups created an algorithm based on % of human behavior in game.

tanky_the_tank #10 Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
They crash beginning middle end of Hidden Airbase. Hang around ground outnumbered, starts raining bots fast.

View Post Traurig_Yoda, on 14 March 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

another ridiculous remark by TtT.

Pogo68 #11 Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 302 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Watched a bot try to navigate the Fjord map, kinda hilarious as it kept trying to turn into the walls.

Similarly I watched a bot get hit repeatedly by an AA site,

It kept trying to turn away from the AA site that was at it's 4-5 o'clock and turn into a mountain that was to it's 10 o'clock.

A human pilot with an IQ of 50 would have just pushed the nose down and turned 10 deg to the right and dove into the valley that was in front of it.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

losttwo #12 Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:23 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostPogo68, on 28 October 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

Watched a bot try to navigate the Fjord map, kinda hilarious as it kept trying to turn into the walls.

Similarly I watched a bot get hit repeatedly by an AA site,

It kept trying to turn away from the AA site that was at it's 4-5 o'clock and turn into a mountain that was to it's 10 o'clock.

A human pilot with an IQ of 50 would have just pushed the nose down and turned 10 deg to the right and dove into the valley that was in front of it.

That was not a bot, that was me.....:B

Also tagged with bug, 1.9, bot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users