• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Wesrin #41 Posted 04 October 2015 - 01:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 304 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTexthor, on 04 October 2015 - 08:05 AM, said:

No...it is very creepy how you guys know so much about me...

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I doubt anyone here knows anything personal about you, but when your presence is a near constant on the forums spouting the same thing over and over you're bound to bring attention to yourself. What the majority of people see is an average player with 18,000 matches who has yet to learn how to properly deal with an aircraft class that has been around for over two years. Yelling louder doesn't help defeat that perception.

Tex, the issue isn't really with your dislike of IL's. It isn't, I promise you. It's the fact that you present your opinions of them rather poorly. There's no substance behind your discontent, and lashing out at those who play the aircraft doesn't help you either. Furthermore, it's difficult to take the observations of someone who sees only half the picture seriously: you don't have a single battle in a Ground Attacker outside of a handful of Wirraway matches; your zealous crusade against what you perceive to be overpowered aircraft prevents you from seeing a key point of the very argument you're making: the other side. You might as well go debate quantum physics without knowing a lick about quantum physics.

I understand you feel there's some sort of pride at stake, that others will perceive you as taking the 'easy road' by experiencing GA. Trust me when I say no one but you gives a s**t if you fly GA or not. In fact, many here would probably applaud you putting in the time to experience the IL's, not because they see you capitulating, but as an effort to educate yourself better so you can form a more robust opinion on the aircraft. If you put in ~400 matches, got to the IL-8/IL-10, and still felt the way you do, you may find others more receptive to discussing the topic with you rather then dismissing you outright.

Do what you feel is best. Just don't be upset when people dismiss your arguement as weightless and worthless. Because until you see the whole picture, that's just what it will be.

Good hunting. o7

P.S. -- If it makes you feel any better, in 1.9 GA's melt under heavy cannon fire from Light, MR, and Heavies alike.

Edited by Wesrin, 04 October 2015 - 02:41 PM.

Fly me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!

MagusGerhardt #42 Posted 04 October 2015 - 03:19 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 856 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTexthor, on 04 October 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

going to show THE ONLY  one in a million shot again.......how very sad.      The t6 IL and above is still OP and should be changed !!!!!

View PostWesrin, on 04 October 2015 - 06:48 AM, said:

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I doubt anyone here knows anything personal about you, but when your presence is a near constant on the forums spouting the same thing over and over you're bound to bring attention to yourself. What the majority of people see is an average player with 18,000 matches who has yet to learn how to properly deal with an aircraft class that has been around for over two years. Yelling louder doesn't help defeat that perception.

Tex, the issue isn't really with your dislike of IL's. It isn't, I promise you. It's the fact that you present your opinions of them rather poorly. There's no substance behind your discontent, and lashing out at those who play the aircraft doesn't help you either. Furthermore, it's difficult to take the observations of someone who sees only half the picture seriously: you don't have a single battle in a Ground Attacker outside of a handful of Wirraway matches; your zealous crusade against what you perceive to be overpowered aircraft prevents you from seeing a key point of the very argument you're making: the other side. You might as well go debate quantum physics without knowing a lick about quantum physics.

I understand you feel there's some sort of pride at stake, that others will perceive you as taking the 'easy road' by experiencing GA. Trust me when I say no one but you gives a s**t if you fly GA or not. In fact, many here would probably applaud you putting in the time to experience the IL's, not because they see you capitulating, but as an effort to educate yourself better so you can form a more robust opinion on the aircraft. If you put in ~400 matches, got to the IL-8/IL-10, and still felt the way you do, you may find others more receptive to discussing the topic with you rather then dismissing you outright.

Do what you feel is best. Just don't be upset when people dismiss your arguement as weightless and worthless. Because until you see the whole picture, that's just what it will be.

Good hunting. o7

P.S. -- If it makes you feel any better, in 1.9 GA's melt under heavy cannon fire from Light, MR, and Heavies alike.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Derpinoid #43 Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 286 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

I've been playing in the CT a bunch to get a better understanding for the different planes and get familiar with the new changes coming. Part of that was looking at the tech lines I was already invested in, which yielded considerable intel on many of the tech lines. So far, the i16e is the easiest to fly and kill stuff with, others include f4f, p38f, and bristol133, to name a few.

Any of those planes are easier to get kills with than an IL anything, but only the i16e is called my trollmobile.

Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.

EspressoForHammy #44 Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:30 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I have under 3000 battles so I must be terrible. Texthor you could probably easily kill me in anything.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Derpinoid #45 Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 286 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 05 October 2015 - 07:30 PM, said:

I have under 3000 battles so I must be terrible. Texthor you could probably easily kill me in anything.

Lulz, I really do suck a lot, but I'm not a clay pigeon any more, and my flight stick gets here in a couple days, so we'll see. I've seen Tex in combat, I'm really not scared.

Edited by Derpinoid, 05 October 2015 - 10:09 PM.

Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.

Heh #46 Posted 05 October 2015 - 10:43 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 05 October 2015 - 07:30 PM, said:

This is why you need to be a true professional and have zero battles under your belt post-release. You can't harm what doesn't exist in-game. Then since I have never played post-release, I have never been shot down once post-release. Thus my k/d ratio is literally zero division. Guess I win.

Heh - aeromarine biologist

View Posthahiha, on , said:

OMG Heh you have had so many posts O_O

EspressoForHammy #47 Posted 06 October 2015 - 01:04 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Or you lose. There's really no way to tell.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

Heh #48 Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:33 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 06 October 2015 - 01:04 PM, said:

Or you lose. There's really no way to tell.

Exactly, thus I am clearly invincible. YOU CAN'T DENY MY LOGIC

EspressoForHammy #49 Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:37 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
Or there is no logic. Since you are not playing I rolled a 14, and your level 10 dark wizardlock suffers a brain aneurysm on this, the day of his daughter's wedding.

Heh #50 Posted 06 October 2015 - 05:16 PM

Sky Whale Historian

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 06 October 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

Or there is no logic. Since you are not playing I rolled a 14, and your level 10 dark wizardlock suffers a brain aneurysm on this, the day of his daughter's wedding.

Except my character doesn't exist.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users