Make it known in battle who has client-side on

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

dityboycom #41 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:02 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postlosttwo, on 01 October 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

...Then again what can i expect from an ignorant society that would rather ban a good athlete BY ANY MEANS.

Or even " LEVEL " the playing field for others by any means.

A GREAT GAME PLAYER USES ANY ADVANTAGE THEY CAN WITH IN THE LIMIT OF THE RULES...

Troll be trollin, you say people are dumb for complaining about the playing field being leveled, and then you say people are dumb for wanting the playing field level so everyone can participate. Which one is it? You can't be against both, but for one.

HoH_Wolfblitz #42 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 01 October 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

You do not need to know who is using it. If you are that good it wont frigging matter.

You missed the point here. Good players play things very close to the wire when it comes down to shooting at somebody and not getting hit in return. CSP screws that up because we don't know how much extra room to give that enemy before we break off our attack and begin defensive maneuvers. If you are in a close-in turn fight, whether the guy is actually looking at you or looking at your ghost from 1/4 second ago determines the defensive maneuvers you're going to make.

Though I understand the reasoning for implementing CSP as a way to help high ping users, the mechanic as it stands now is imperfect (at best). We're not asking for it to be removed (because that's just a waste of time at this point). We just want to know who has it so we can plan our fights accordingly.

RNG of this sort doesn't make the game more entertaining. Tell us what we're facing and we'll figure out how to deal with it.

Mackunaima #43 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 01 October 2015 - 12:10 PM, said:

Yeah, no one is upset that CS was implemented, they're upset how it was implemented, funny, sounds like every problem WG has.

It's cool that it helps your game play, but what clientside effectively does, is make your problem, my problem. That's not good business, if you can't resolve an isolated fews issue without interring with the majority then don't do it. So now you no longer have to predict whats going to happen in the game before it happens, but your opponent has to do so instead. That is not fair, but naturally the majority of CS users think its "fair" because they had to deal with it before, and paid their dues. That's not how online gaming works, its decisions like this one that lead to a MMO's failure.

I understand you and I agree with you. I don't think it is a compensate time to me, it's just a more enjoyable time.

WG (Persha) dosen't know how to balance anything. Fairness is not their "word".

View PostEasternDragon_2014, on 01 October 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

Defending a broken game mechanic is ridiculously stupid.

They can't even make their online chat works dude, one of the most important thing in a MMO game to make people builds "network" and have more reasons to play.

Again, I choose a long time ago, during closed beta, after I received a ticket response from some Dev tolding me they knew what they need to do, they don't need my help to tell them how to improve the game and I just should report some errors If I could find them, I decided one thing and I told me this thing.. "Im not going to spend any single dollar into this game. This game dosen't worth it. Cuz they don't want to build the best thing they can, they just want my money, nothing more."

WG should learn this:

Equality does not mean Justice.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Steel_bomber_ #44 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMackunaima, on 01 October 2015 - 05:08 PM, said:

I understand you and I agree with you. I don't think it is a compensate time to me, it's just a more enjoyable time.

WG (Persha) dosen't know how to balance anything. Fairness is not their "word".

They can't even make their online chat works dude, one of the most important thing in a MMO game to make people builds "network" and have more reasons to play.

Again, I choose a long time ago, during closed beta, after I received a ticket response from some Dev tolding me they knew what they need to do, they don't need my help to tell them how to improve the game and I just should report some errors If I could find them, I decided one thing and I told me this thing.. "Im not going to spend any single dollar into this game. This game dosen't worth it. Cuz they don't want to build the best thing they can, they just want my money, nothing more."

WG should learn this:

Equality does not mean Justice.

I don't get it , if you think this game is so bad, why play 14,600 + battles ?

It's free!!

I will use CSP, with high explosives ! it's war !!! Anything for a win, I will use all legal flaws in this game to win, if you don't up to you.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

losttwo #45 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:25 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 8986 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

No I am not missing the point.

Let Hyronomod deal with it. I am sure whoever created it will probably add it in the next iteration.

After all most of the player base uses the H mod.

Just click the CSP to on and leave it on. Then everyone will be using it.

Play as if everyone is using it.

Is it really that difficult to understand.....of course it is. Why am I wasting my breath.

HoH_Wolfblitz #46 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10 battles

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 01 October 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

I will use CSP, with high explosives ! it's war !!! Anything for a win, I will use all legal flaws in this game to win, if you don't up to you.

If you need that much help to get a win, go ahead. It's in-game so use it. Can I please get an indicator next to your name so I'll know you have it on when I see you in battle? 

dityboycom #47 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:32 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 01 October 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

It's free!!

First off mack uses it, he has 300 ping, second he played 11000 battles before CSP was introduced with 300 ping and his stats are still better than yours, even without using every advantage he can get in war.

View Postlosttwo, on 01 October 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

Let Hyronomod deal with it. I am sure whoever created it will probably add it in the next iteration.

Is it really that difficult to understand.....of course it is. Why am I wasting my breath.

Lol, you do miss the point, if everyone was using it or if no one was using it, it's irrelevant, it is broken. I do admit though, your point is on topic to the original post, but like all threads on this forum it is not about that topic any longer.

HoH_Wolfblitz #48 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 01 October 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

If I remember right the mod won't be updated after 1.9 because the guy doesn't like the direction the game is going. So, outta luck there.

Assuming everybody is using CSP is a poor way to play the game since it doesn't allow me to play my plane as effectively as I otherwise might. Knowing if he does or doesn't use CSP changes what maneuver I'm going to do and when I'm going to do it.

Steel_bomber_ #49 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostHoH_Wolfblitz, on 01 October 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

If you need that much help to get a win, go ahead. It's in-game so use it. Can I please get an indicator next to your name so I'll know you have it on when I see you in battle? 

Next time when you go battle , just ask the question:  " ANYBODY CSP ON ?"

I will answer :   " YES !!    & have fun !! "

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

dityboycom #50 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:33 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostHoH_Wolfblitz, on 01 October 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

If I remember right the mod won't be updated after 1.9 because the guy doesn't like the direction the game is going. So, outta luck there.

Assuming everybody is using CSP is a poor way to play the game since it doesn't allow me to play my plane as effectively as I otherwise might. Knowing if he does or doesn't use CSP changes what maneuver I'm going to do and when I'm going to do it.

Yah, but if everyone changes their maneuvers then it doesn't matter!!!

Mackunaima #51 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 01 October 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

It's free!!

Free to play.

Lazy to find something new.

In fact I'd like to be less lazy in my spare time and so go enjoy other hobbies or maybe increase my time spending on them. However, for your information I have played less and less.

Initially I put a goal of having all aircraft above the tier 6 with at least 100 battles each and up to 50% WR in all these without spending a single dollar. But I have a feeling I'm going to give up that goal. Thats explain this ammount of battles.

Something that made me stay here are some cool people.

And sorry dude, but Its not a war, a war is a way different. First of all, all people are fighting to live before fight to kill. They are committed with something bigger than their egos and beyond their eyes.

This is a game of war, Its suposed to be funny for everybody and equal for everybody, revealing  the good efforts. Many players here just do the same effort day by day like it were a garbage collector for their mind. A way far from war. I would like this game could/should use all his potential. I was commited within this game at very beggining, as a software developer and software tester I was excited about help one more game to achieve the major goal beyond money, called entertainment. Somehow I feel still linked to this game.

And I like its not a war.

######################

People's views do not reveal the truth of the world, only reveal the truth about how these people see the world.

People's views define people, not the world.

Regards,

Mack

Edited by Mackunaima, 01 October 2015 - 04:40 PM.

HoH_Wolfblitz #52 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 01 October 2015 - 04:33 PM, said:

Yah, but if everyone changes their maneuvers then it doesn't matter!!!

[content moderated - non constructive/inappropriate]
- Yshoneist

Mackunaima #53 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 01 October 2015 - 01:32 PM, said:

First off mack uses it, he has 300 ping, second he played 11000 battles before CSP was introduced with 300 ping and his stats are still better than yours, even without using every advantage he can get in war.

Lol, you do miss the point, if everyone was using it or if no one was using it, it's irrelevant, it is broken. I do admit though, your point is on topic to the original post, but like all threads on this forum it is not about that topic any longer.

Man, You really touch people wounds.. lol

U are so reported too.. :P

Vanize #54 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:38 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 01 October 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Last I heard, the guy who makes Hryunomod said to hell with it thanks to bots being introduced and the hassle of handling bots in hryunomod when he isn't even interested in playing against bots. he's moving on and said don't expect a 1.9 version of the mod:

http://hryunomod.ru/en/news.html

ah, i see it now says it will eventually be updated (with delays)... that is new. Maybe someone else decided to take it on.

EDIT: I see Wolfblitz beat me to that comment.

Edited by Vanize, 01 October 2015 - 04:42 PM.

Steel_bomber_ #55 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Edited by Steel_bomber_, 01 October 2015 - 04:53 PM.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Steel_bomber_ #56 Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMackunaima, on 01 October 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

Free to play.

Lazy to find something new.

In fact I'd like to be less lazy in my spare time and so go enjoy other hobbies or maybe increase my time spending on them. However, for your information I have played less and less.

Initially I put a goal of having all aircraft above the tier 6 with at least 100 battles each and up to 50% WR in all these without spending a single dollar. But I have a feeling I'm going to give up that goal. Thats explain this ammount of battles.

Something that made me stay here are some cool people.

And sorry dude, but Its not a war, a war is a way different. First of all, all people are fighting to live before fight to kill. They are committed with something bigger than their egos and beyond their eyes.

This is a game of war, Its suposed to be funny for everybody and equal for everybody, revealing  the good efforts. Many players here just do the same effort day by day like it were a garbage collector for their mind. A way far from war. I would like this game could/should use all his potential. I was commited within this game at very beggining, as a software developer and software tester I was excited about help one more game to achieve the major goal beyond money, called entertainment. Somehow I feel still linked to this game.

And I like its not a war.

######################

People's views do not reveal the truth of the world, only reveal the truth about how these people see the world.

People's views define people, not the world.

Regards,

Mack

I know what you mean , there are a lot of cool people, that's why i joined a clan.

Of course it's not a real war (I am in the Air Force myself) but here in the Netherlands we have this saying........soccer is war.

Of course it's not real......duh.

Did anybody ask me my ping, can't recall, but i don't care. I just play to have fun and as a matter of fact I do really good, don't care about stats actually.

Don't care if yours are better if they are, if dity says so. Don't care.

Have fun!

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Mackunaima #57 Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 01 October 2015 - 02:02 PM, said:

I know what you mean , there are a lot of cool people, that's why i joined a clan.

Of course it's not a real war (I am in the Air Force myself) but here in the Netherlands we have this saying........soccer is war.

Did anybody ask me my ping, can't recall, but i don't care. I just play to have fun and as a matter of fact I do really good, don't care about stats actually.

Have fun!

I like Netherlands soccer. Soccer mixed with Rugby. Here in Brazil we do have Neymar now. The falling guy thinking field grass is a big pool.

############################

# About Stats

Well I don't care about stats too. I just like to mess things up. Many times when Im playing I think Im a kind of strong dumb super hero or just Homer Simpson. I can do all [edited]and reverse this in time and pick the pretty girl at the end. Many times I finish f***ed up.

But sometimes I find some good guys on my team or on the enemy team and I respect their playstyle and I know they are here to play serious and I like it too. During this I try to do my best ( competitive mode = on ). But these times are rare now.

#About to be or not to be good player

The only thing bother me in battle is to see a poor player thinking he is good and sacrifying all team efforts even when they noticed others players playing serious.

At the end this is a game about teamwork, eventually somebody will starts to do crap thing, just try to be the last one to do. You know!?

#About topic again

I think Gang asked for something not even close to be wrong. He was just asking for something to improve his gameplay. I think he is right if it will work for him.

Regards,

Mack

Chuck_norris10 #58 Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:04 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2708 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 01 October 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

Have fun!

Us Dutchmen think alike.:honoring:

Chuck_norris10 #59 Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:22 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2708 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 01 October 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

My point is I don't(and nobody should) take you seriously when you cant even live by your own advice.  You told Gang to learn to fly differently, but you haven't leaned anything different yourself, you haven't progressed at all, you just camp in your Pegasus, So my advice to you is not to "follow the crowd" but to take your own advice and learn to fly differently.  "you fly all your planes" wow, how limiting, why don't you learn to fly ALL THE planes, instead of the few that you limit yourself to.

Its funny to see people spout off at someone "just go and do this" and then turn around and say "I'm not gonna do something just because someone else tells me to"

Here's a better life lesson: don't get stuck in your ways old timer, life will pass you by.

Camp in my Peggy? think I have maybe 40 battles in it the last 6 months,something your stats dont show you when trying to come up with a witty comeback to make me look bad and give you some cred with the old boys club? lol!

I get a kick out of most of you peeps,lots of kids that think their WR makes them a hero or a real man in real life.

Some are not used to me telling it like I see it and frankly,I don't care.

​My success in real life did not come from following a crowd and seeing how you mentioned it I will say...I fought a lot of idiots to get where I got today,they failed and I can hire and fire them now. Something they didn't see ten years down the road when I am the boss and their looking for a job.

​You folks in the old boys club can post as many insults as you want,water off a ducks back and I get a kick out of how immature a lot of the people playing here are.

​I play for fun and nothing else and I have killed,bombed or rocketed the best of the best on here many times and it always brings a smile to my face because I dont play by the old boys clubs pre conceived rules

Get used to it.

GouIdy #60 Posted 02 October 2015 - 03:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 01 October 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

Camp in my Peggy? think I have maybe 40 battles in it the last 6 months

More like 284 in the last 153 days. You seem to have a habit of skewing information to suit your exciting stories chuck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users