Make it known in battle who has client-side on

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

_Laserguided_ #21 Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:49 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 01 October 2015 - 01:19 AM, said:

Do you wanna know what color underwear I'm wearing too??

My guess is combination of yellow and brown...:hiding:

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

TeamTerrible #22 Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:09 AM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Post_Laserguided_, on 01 October 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

My guess is combination of yellow and brown...:hiding:

Oh so you have a pair of Fred Flintstone underoos too I see.

EspressoForHammy #23 Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:35 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostThe_Original_Gouldy, on 01 October 2015 - 12:45 AM, said:

Now I'm confused, was it pot roast or steak for dinner.

The pot roast was for dinner, the raw steak was for Chuckie and Mom, since they both had black eyes after Dad got done with them. Best story I've heard in a while. Would read again. +1

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

EasternDragon_2014 #24 Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4 battles

Wow, so many forum trolls.

You play quite a lot, so you can surely memorize all the high tier names since there is so little population.

dityboycom #25 Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:20 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

Aww I missed the fun.

I do enjoy the "try to play without it on and 200 ping" "you just want to win with your better ping" "Don't realize how much better the game is for me with it on!"

Welcome to online gaming gentlemen, where ping has always been a huge advantage or disadvantage. Saying someone is upset about their "ping" advantage is pretty silly, considering most online gamers pay extra money for faster internet to ensure they have that advantage online. Personally I wouldn't know if it's that much better because no matter what server I play on my ping is well below 200, but I do know I turn it on, on the test server because why not? No one wants to give ruskies a fair chance anyway.

It's a pretty intensely flawed system, that gives the placebo effect of a better connection, at the cost of the integrity of the game itself. That story sums it up pretty well, and how that seems acceptable even to those "benefiting" from using it, is of course mind boggling, but understandable because it's always about "me." Clientside is probably one of the biggest recent reasons new players leave this game, I know its one of two major reasons I barely play anymore. Nothing more refreshing then knowing all the tracers are well off target, but somehow you're still watching your HP drop, and it's going to be even better in 1.9 when it only takes two of those tracers to kill you. So between the bots with 0 ping who never miss, and the client side users who get to play in the past, while their adversaries guess the future, then add the pure RNG nature of this upcoming iteration of the most famous game for circling the bottom of the toilet no matter how much you flush, the game is very unappealing. It is very interesting that those of you using it, don't realize that it works both ways, for me when I have it on I hit targets I'm not hitting, but I miss targets that I see my rounds splashing on, very interesting.

My friend played World of Warplanes this weekend, I recently got him into tanks and he heard about all this tournament drama in planes, got curious. Once he got out of the basics, he hops into a T9, because why not? The first thing he asked was, "Why do the tracers say this guy is missing but he is killing me?" Naturally I responded with, "Oh, well they want you to guess where the guy is shooting the tracers are just for show, don't worry you'll figure out, they say "git gewd, because u low ping gaiz kant cheatz no mo" He just hit the windows key and right clicked on World of Warplanes and closed it, rebooting tanks, and not saying another word.

_Laserguided_ #26 Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:24 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

Welcome to, World of Welfare.

I remember back in the day when I posted this game was heading down the road of Mario Brothers and those who cried about getting stomped in the game said I was so wrong... Well...

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

dityboycom #27 Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:25 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
I think Mario Brothers still has a bigger population of players than this title.

_Warchylde_ #28 Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postdityboycom, on 01 October 2015 - 07:25 AM, said:

I think Mario Brothers still has a bigger population of players than this title.

Especially since the new Mario title lets you custom design your own levels and share them with the rest of the world.....

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Chuck_norris10 #29 Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:44 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2480 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 30 September 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

"learn to fly differently" - [Flies Pegasus 4700 times]

View PostTHEMARCO1979, on 30 September 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

"learn to fly differently" - [Flies Pegasus 4700 times]

And your point is?

I fly all my planes. Sorry if I dont adhere to the rules in the old boys club that say I have to do as you do,if I did that in real life I would not be as successful as I am.

Some of us dont follow the crowd and dont really care what you think about it.

There's a life lesson for you from an old timer.

I like to spark debate in people that have all the answers,lets me know if I'm wasting my time conversing with them beforehand.

Have a good day!

dityboycom #30 Posted 01 October 2015 - 12:49 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostChuck_norris10, on 01 October 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

And your point is?

I fly all my planes. Sorry if I dont adhere to the rules in the old boys club that say I have to do as you do,if I did that in real life I would not be as successful as I am.

I like to spark debate in people that have all the answers,lets me know if I'm wasting my time conversing with them beforehand.

Have a good day!

Do you have that video of the time you got on my tail, and hit my engine and I acted like it was WWII and my plane went out of control and spiraled into the ground?

I think about that moment every time you post. It was a lot of fun, we should do it again some time.

_Laserguided_ #31 Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:01 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

The crowd isn't preying on new people... It's been a select handful from the start, and many of which complained about the game in regards to being beaten down and three man flights... Go figure.

Note.. Bragging about success in real life(true or not...) on a game forum is like thinking performance in a game matters in real life.

Edited by _Laserguided_, 01 October 2015 - 01:36 PM.

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

MARS_REVENANT #32 Posted 01 October 2015 - 01:43 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5721 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostChuck_norris10, on 01 October 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

And your point is?

Have a good day!

My point is I don't(and nobody should) take you seriously when you cant even live by your own advice.  You told Gang to learn to fly differently, but you haven't leaned anything different yourself, you haven't progressed at all, you just camp in your Pegasus, So my advice to you is not to "follow the crowd" but to take your own advice and learn to fly differently.  "you fly all your planes" wow, how limiting, why don't you learn to fly ALL THE planes, instead of the few that you limit yourself to.

Its funny to see people spout off at someone "just go and do this" and then turn around and say "I'm not gonna do something just because someone else tells me to"

Here's a better life lesson: don't get stuck in your ways old timer, life will pass you by.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

GouIdy #33 Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 01 October 2015 - 07:35 AM, said:

The pot roast was for dinner, the raw steak was for Chuckie and Mom, since they both had black eyes after Dad got done with them. Best story I've heard in a while. Would read again. +1

You would think with so many slow learners in the family they would keep an ice pack or two handy.

Mackunaima #34 Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3 battles

View Post_Laserguided_, on 01 October 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

The crowd isn't preying on new people... It's been a select handful from the start, and many of which complained about the game in regards to being beaten down and three man flights... Go figure.

Note.. Bragging about success in real life(true or not...) on a game forum is like thinking performance in a game matters in real life.

^ You are so reported.. You can't hurt people feelings like this.. :trollface:

Before Client-side I could play and I it still was funny and enjoyable, but for every battle I need to use something like "spider sense" and premeditate every move for me and predict every enemies move and need to shot a way ahead of my sight hoping I could hit something. Many times I was killed cuz I couldn't even had a chance to land any shot. For this game with so fast interaction between players WG should gave an special focus to this feature.

Before client side come over here I was considering to use this, but it will cost me money and I don't want to spend any single dollar on this game.

http://www.battlepin...-tanks-ping.php

http://forum.worldof...mes-unplayable/

PS: Im not trolling you Gang, but client-side is suposed to solve high pings. But like always WG didn't implement this on the right way and left behind "side effects". I don't think you are asking for something wrong. If is going to give you a better gameplay and a sense of fair game, well I don't see any problem with it.

###########################################

Now, if I can ask for something too, I would like to see an special mark increasing from green untill black according how many times player lawndart.

I hate to see  in my team known lawndarting players lawndarting when they are alone with noone following them during the battle. Sometimes I think GA's are too fast for these people or they have a really huge ping, like inverse of speed of light.

Regards,

Mack

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

HoH_Wolfblitz #35 Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 10 battles
Gang wasn't even talking about trying to remove CSP in his OP. However, since it is a mechanic that changes how a good pilot approaches combat with an enemy, it is something that would be nice to know when going into a fight.

CrayoIaCrayon #36 Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 2 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Just expect everyone to run it and then be surprised when they aren't.  High tiers are going to definitely be interesting with the crits and client side next patch.  I can already feel my frustration building

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

MelBrooks #37 Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles
CSP again. I'm all for TRULY helping guys with awful ping. I'm no coding expert, how difficult would it be for an auto enable once your goes over say 140, and when that kicks in,there's a marker. Fair enough. To the guys making cracks here, listen up. Gang Star, Wolfblitz, ED, and Bobozee might be the four best players left on our server. IMO, that might not be even debatable. They are masters at close quarters combat and dodging, CSP definitely does affect their engagement. So we have a mechanic that hampers the best pilots in the game....Houston we have a problem. Very simply, don't dumb the game down, create incentives for others to improve. Those guys love good competition and if they lose to someone who flew a great tactical game, They don't get mad, they learn from it and give credit where credit is due.

dityboycom #38 Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:10 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMackunaima, on 01 October 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

...PS: Im not trolling you Gang, but client-side is suposed to solve high pings. But like always WG didn't implement this on the right way and left behind "side effects". I don't think you are asking for something wrong. If is going to give you a better gameplay and a sense of fair game, well I don't see any problem with it...

Yeah, no one is upset that CS was implemented, they're upset how it was implemented, funny, sounds like every problem WG has.

It's cool that it helps your game play, but what clientside effectively does, is make your problem, my problem. That's not good business, if you can't resolve an isolated fews issue without interring with the majority then don't do it. So now you no longer have to predict whats going to happen in the game before it happens, but your opponent has to do so instead. That is not fair, but naturally the majority of CS users think its "fair" because they had to deal with it before, and paid their dues. That's not how online gaming works, its decisions like this one that lead to a MMO's failure.

losttwo #39 Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:30 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

The entire CSP whining about people using it or not.

Having tagged in game or not.

Is about as useless as arguing that people using hyronomd should not be allowed to play

because they have an unfair advantage.

Absolute and total ignorance is all I have to say about the entire concept.

You either use it or you don't, it is your choice.

You do not need to know who is using it. If you are that good it wont frigging matter.

Then again what can i expect from an ignorant society that would rather ban a good athlete BY ANY MEANS.

Or even " LEVEL " the playing field for others by any means.

A GREAT GAME PLAYER USES ANY ADVANTAGE THEY CAN WITH IN THE LIMIT OF THE RULES.

Spoiler

EasternDragon_2014 #40 Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4 battles
Defending a broken game mechanic is ridiculously stupid.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users