So it seems there are hackers....

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

dityboycom #21 Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:45 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

I've hacked in many games, I used to use the teleport hack in Everquest that would allow you teleport to any coordinate location in any zone, and had zone in's and outs on hot key, also allowing you to set up hot keys to use to pull mobs by teleporting to them aggroing them and then teleporting back to the group, before the days of "Aggro ranges" where people can now run away from mobs if they're scared without zoning out.  This one was developed and published by a developer of Everquest, and was widely known about but unaddressed because it was published by a known developer in the program.

There are many hacks that can be applied, but often a "hack" is not a hack at all, and is just a mod, which are two different things. Illegal mods are entirely different than hacks, in a client side game you can create illegal mods to improve your game play, but it is near impossible to hack the game to benefit only yourself. In other words, if I want to fly my F2H and hack the game to give me unlimited HP and never miss, if I run into another F2H while I'm doing it, they will have the same strengths, and my hacking was pointless.

EspressoForHammy #22 Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:01 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postdityboycom, on 01 October 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

... force you to be in the [edited]pit with the limited view of each individual fighter.

The editedpit. That made my day.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

CaptainJoeyCusack #23 Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [JRKS] JRKS

View Postdityboycom, on 01 October 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

I've hacked in many games, I used to use the teleport hack in Everquest that would allow you teleport to any coordinate location in any zone, and had zone in's and outs on hot key, also allowing you to set up hot keys to use to pull mobs by teleporting to them aggroing them and then teleporting back to the group, before the days of "Aggro ranges" where people can now run away from mobs if they're scared without zoning out.  This one was developed and published by a developer of Everquest, and was widely known about but unaddressed because it was published by a known developer in the program.

There are many hacks that can be applied, but often a "hack" is not a hack at all, and is just a mod, which are two different things. Illegal mods are entirely different than hacks, in a client side game you can create illegal mods to improve your game play, but it is near impossible to hack the game to benefit only yourself. In other words, if I want to fly my F2H and hack the game to give me unlimited HP and never miss, if I run into another F2H while I'm doing it, they will have the same strengths, and my hacking was pointless.

Absolutely.   

Then there are the ones that are created by real developers that work for the company that owns the game or have associates that work for them.  And they are real hacks that only affect you and not all the same type of crafts . Anyways you clearly have a good understanding of how it works.  All I was saying is as a community goes its silly to think this game cant be hacked . 

GouIdy #24 Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostCaptainJoeyCusack, on 01 October 2015 - 01:01 PM, said:

Absolutely.   

Then there are the ones that are created by real developers that work for the company that owns the game or have associates that work for them.  And they are real hacks that only affect you and not all the same type of crafts . Anyways you clearly have a good understanding of how it works.  All I was saying is as a community goes its silly to think this game cant be hacked . 

Well I am certain that the developers of this game couldn't possibly figure out how to hack their own game, probably fail at that too. Hell they can't even fix simple bugs that have been in the game since day 1 without adding 10 more.

dityboycom #25 Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:24 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostThe_Original_Gouldy, on 01 October 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

Well I am certain that the developers of this game couldn't possibly figure out how to hack their own game, probably fail at that too. Hell they can't even fix simple bugs that have been in the game since day 1 without adding 10 more.

The games reached the point, that they're doing something extremely taboo and unacceptable in the PVP world, and putting bots who mimic real players in pvp battles, and awarding kills on them just as a kill on a human player, and punishing kills by them, just as a kill by a human player; and, not a single person is blogging about it.

Nobody cares.

Bubba_Zanetti #26 Posted 01 October 2015 - 05:48 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

As an aside: Wth has imgur done to their site???

Tonzzo #27 Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:12 PM

Captain

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
yea you have to use the direct link....  I hate what they did but seems to be what companies do now a days....  Cant improve your product?  Screw it up!!!  Then you can fix it and act like you did something!!!!!!!  :sceptic:

Sojo #28 Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 01 October 2015 - 12:01 PM, said:

The editedpit. That made my day.

Cockpit.

EDIT:  Lol guess I fell for it.  Good one.

Edited by Rock18, 02 October 2015 - 01:36 AM.

cqiyuan #29 Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostMerLloune, on 30 September 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

this has happened to me 3 times in the last 2 days ....rocket boom i'm dead....... there is no one on radar...... or anywhere for that matter to be seen....so tell me why this is happening  all of a sudden.....not even a hint of machine gun fire  before the boom... if this is normal let me know please....just not fair to the gamer.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhaha 

Funniest thing i'd ever seen in WG forums. :trollface: 

Maybe you  should really attach a replay file here.  Because this is ridiculously funny. But wait,,,, i'm getting a couple of rocket kills this week, Am i the one shooting you down? :B hope i'm not :rolleyes:

tanky_the_tank #30 Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostMarith29, on 30 September 2015 - 10:08 PM, said:

it's invisible rockets, it happens to me too. sometime i can't see my own rockets fire

This happens no joke. Your own rockets and enemy rockets are invisible but still work. Can fly straight at enemy and not see rocket coming. When rocket is invisible battle clock is wrong, match starts at 14:45 or 14:30 instead of 15:00. Logging back in fixes it. Dunno if still happens in 1.9.

Enemy can hit you from outside your view. You spot enemy a long way straight ahead, less above plane, worst view behind and below. One time I got rocket in back from plane I never saw. He was behind me outside 800m auto spot range and fired perfect rocket shot.

View Post Traurig_Yoda, on 14 March 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

another ridiculous remark by TtT.

cqiyuan #31 Posted 10 October 2015 - 10:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View Posttanky_the_tank, on 10 October 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

This happens no joke. Your own rockets and enemy rockets are invisible but still work. Can fly straight at enemy and not see rocket coming. When rocket is invisible battle clock is wrong, match starts at 14:45 or 14:30 instead of 15:00. Logging back in fixes it. Dunno if still happens in 1.9.

Enemy can hit you from outside your view. You spot enemy a long way straight ahead, less above plane, worst view behind and below. One time I got rocket in back from plane I never saw. He was behind me outside 800m auto spot range and fired perfect rocket shot.

Wow mate you do quite a study eh. I am also pretty upset when i saw this bug. Now it finally got discovered. :honoring:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users