Manual edit of Preferences.xml

settings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Confederate_in_Blue #1 Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:00 PM

Airman Basic

• 4 battles
  • [SOU] SOU

I've got a weird screen resolution (3 monitors linked as a single screen, giving 5760 x 1080 resolution), and it appears the WoW settings is completely broken because of this.  Support couldn't help, only saying they don't support mult-monitor configurations.

I have no trouble playing, and found I could get the graphics settings to the right resolution by editing the preferences.xml file (it's pretty cool stretched across 3 monitors--my FoV is about 135 degrees).  But Many of the settings are rather cryptic--I'd like to make sure the graphics quality as it the highest, and adjust other settings, including possibly changing key bindings.  Like I said, the Settings screen is completely broken for me--I have no way to change the settings other than through a text editor on the preferences.xml file.

Can anyone give me a list of what the various settings are in the preferences.xml file--or at least direct me to a link that might list them?

EspressoForHammy #2 Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:28 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

Put the resolution back to a normal size, adjust your other settings, and then put the resolution back to the three monitor setup. You might also have to change to one monitor, and then back.

Interested to hear if this works.

Edited by EspressoForHammy, 30 September 2015 - 01:28 PM.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Also tagged with settings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users