reticle on P1092

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

tj1sooners #1 Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:44 AM

Senior Airman

• 14190 battles
  • [SF] SF
i followed a F4U and couldn't get hardly any hits on him till another bot came in and wiped him out, I tried dead on and all around the aiming point but nothing worked i followed him a good 2-3 mins

Jetway #2 Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:36 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 15369 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Ping

Jetway.png

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game

Psicko23 #3 Posted 30 September 2015 - 03:58 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18508 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Yeah,  what jet way said,  if you are playing the ct server, ping is high, and you won't be able to hit as much. Did you turn on client side in the ct? That will help. 

dityboycom #4 Posted 30 September 2015 - 11:40 AM

Colonel

• 10135 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostPsicko23, on 29 September 2015 - 11:58 PM, said:

Yeah,  what jet way said,  if you are playing the ct server, ping is high, and you won't be able to hit as much. Did you turn on client side in the ct? That will help. 

Yeah, that way you can splash damage planes and listen to the hit feedback but never do any damage, and then when you're not hitting them watch them lose all their health.

WOW

Carronade32 #5 Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

• 4091 battles
Did you notice where the shots land in regards to the reticle in the CT?   For me they are at the bottom of the reticle.   Like at the bottom part of the circle, not the cross hair.  So I really need to lead my aim.  Since I have adjusted to that fact I have been landing more rounds on target in the CT.

dityboycom #6 Posted 30 September 2015 - 12:52 PM

Colonel

• 10135 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostFarewell_and_Adieu, on 30 September 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

Did you notice where the shots land in regards to the reticle in the CT?   For me they are at the bottom of the reticle.   Like at the bottom part of the circle, not the cross hair.  So I really need to lead my aim.  Since I have adjusted to that fact I have been landing more rounds on target in the CT.

The middle of your reticle is the point of convergence for the optimal firing range of your largest cannons. So if you are outside of your optimal the rounds will be falling short, so you have to aim higher. Plus, the game has always had this problem it's just more apparent with the new firing mechanics. Someone has a mod made to fix it.

WOW

Jetway #7 Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:52 PM

• 15369 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Yeah go into sniper mode and fire and you will see that the tracers are below the center of your crosshairs.  Sinister makes a reticle fix that moves the crosshair down to center it on the bullet stream.  I hate playing with the abysmal ping on the test server whether I'm running client side or not.  It has definitely given me a new found respect for the guys like Mack that run an ungodly ping but still kick [edited].

Jetway.png

Undefeated 1st place, Clantastrophy tournament

Air Raid 6  3rd place,  Air Raid 7  2nd place, Air Raid 8 1st place

I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game

Mackunaima #8 Posted 30 September 2015 - 04:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostJetway, on 30 September 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

Yeah go into sniper mode and fire and you will see that the tracers are below the center of your crosshairs.  Sinister makes a reticle fix that moves the crosshair down to center it on the bullet stream.  I hate playing with the abysmal ping on the test server whether I'm running client side or not.  It has definitely given me a new found respect for the guys like Mack that run an ungodly ping but still kick [edited].

Now you are walking with my shoes... heheheh ( In fact is not funny, its sad WG always left NA behind )

For long time I did play without client side. I was very averse to using client side at beginning, but a month before it I had a day that my ping was so high that I took a chance to use it. It made me feel like I was playing with stable low ping.

Im very sorry about guys who dosent use it and feel those ghost rounds. I would love that this problem does not happen to you guys. It's a shame that the WG has not adressed enough focus to this feature.

I was flattered. Thank you.. :great:

Once I tried to play on CT but with my ping was unplayable. Im jusr reading your comments about CT. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts about new release.

Regards,

Mack

Edited by Mackunaima, 30 September 2015 - 04:41 PM.

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

Carronade32 #9 Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:06 PM

• 4091 battles

Update:

I used Dr. Sinister's Mod pack and changed the 'Reticle Fix' to the max 7900 setting and now pretty much all of my rounds fired are in the middle of the crosshairs on the CT.

Just something, among many, to be aware of when this thing goes live!

EasternDragon_2014 #10 Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5951 battles

View PostMackunaima, on 30 September 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

Now you are walking with my shoes... heheheh ( In fact is not funny, its sad WG always left NA behind )

For long time I did play without client side. I was very averse to using client side at beginning, but a month before it I had a day that my ping was so high that I took a chance to use it. It made me feel like I was playing with stable low ping.

Im very sorry about guys who dosent use it and feel those ghost rounds. I would love that this problem does not happen to you guys. It's a shame that the WG has not adressed enough focus to this feature.

I was flattered. Thank you.. :great:

Once I tried to play on CT but with my ping was unplayable. Im jusr reading your comments about CT. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts about new release.

Regards,

Mack

Come on, turning on client side for both sides do not eliminate ghost rounds, it just make things worse.

Mackunaima #11 Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostEasternDragon_2014, on 30 September 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

Come on, turning on client side for both sides do not eliminate ghost rounds, it just make things worse.

Well, we tried this. Did you feel ghost rounds like when when you were not using client-side? Was worst?

But besides this, clien-side should work fine. Maybe WG didn't implement this right. Client-side should elimintae lag for client but not interfer on others plaer's gameplay.

I think they just did eliminate lag for um player ( using client side ) and didn't handle this lag for the server. They didn't eliminate propagation.

Poor programming things.

EasternDragon_2014 #12 Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 5951 battles

View PostMackunaima, on 30 September 2015 - 04:30 PM, said:

Well, we tried this. Did you feel ghost rounds like when when you were not using client-side? Was worst?

But besides this, clien-side should work fine. Maybe WG didn't implement this right. Client-side should elimintae lag for client but not interfer on others plaer's gameplay.

I think they just did eliminate lag for um player ( using client side ) and didn't handle this lag for the server. They didn't eliminate propagation.

Poor programming things.

Yes, this is very bad programming, client side is supposed to be positive, but they made it so crappy and broken. 

I know it helps high ping players like you, can't really blame that, but you know there are some people that will abuse any flaw in this game.

Mackunaima #13 Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20126 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostEasternDragon_2014, on 30 September 2015 - 06:34 PM, said:

Yes, this is very bad programming, client side is supposed to be positive, but they made it so crappy and broken. 

I know it helps high ping players like you, can't really blame that, but you know there are some people that will abuse any flaw in this game.

Yeah, I know that. I can't disagree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users