• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

dityboycom #41 Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:42 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Posttahee59, on 30 September 2015 - 02:40 PM, said:

The good old boys club strikes again.

Sure do! Old boys defending Warthunder up in here!

EspressoForHammy #42 Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:55 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postsubwolve, on 30 September 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

Exactly! Now compare that to what a mouser gets to do point, click, kaboom and move to next target. Advantage mouse and keyboard. The mouse in WT and WOWP make it more difficult to maneuvers but much easier to aim and hit your target (I mean by leaps and bounds). I would suggest anyone that thinks otherwise to go and try it for yourself.

I completely agree with you. Except for the Simulation mode the mouse and keyboard has a huge advantage over the joystick in WT. In Simulation mode WT does not allow any mouse except a mouse/joystick crossover mode, which fails MISERABLY. The issue that people like you have is that Simulation mode locks you into the cockpit and without Oculus Rift you lose all visibility around your aircraft. I get that. There's nothing in WT for people like you, who want a 3rd person aircraft game flown with a joystick, and no HOTAS or OR.

View Postsubwolve, on 30 September 2015 - 01:25 PM, said:

So please take a screen shot of your joystick settings because I would like to see how you keep your aircraft from wobbling uncontrollably and are actually able to hit a target from third person view.

I had the exact same result as you with a joystick. I can take a SS of them, but I got my settings from a fairly recent post (2ish months ago) on the WT forums. There are MANY players on the forums who can give you JS hints and tricks, and even some JS only clans.

If you would stop and listen for a second you would realize I'm not being condescending, I'm just trying to illuminate the issues with facts. When you complained about not wanting to setup your own controls it seemed lazy, and as for playing a flying game, I will freely admit to using M&K, and that you are probably MUCH better at JS than I am.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

BrushWolf #43 Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:49 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostBrushWolf, on 30 September 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

That is exactly the problem, WT only supports full on stick and rudder joysticks and the hell with everyone else. For WT's simulation mode you are correct but for the other two less than sim modes where that kind of setup is a complete waste of money twist yaw should be properly supported.

View Postdityboycom, on 30 September 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

Doesn't sound like its not supported, just sounds like you can't just let the stick go, you have to ease off the twist to prevent the weight of the rudder pulling the plane the other direction.

I should have said poorly supported, twist yaw for the less than sim modes should work the same for joystick as it does for mouse & KB. When you release the rudder your plane yaws back and forth like a '59 Eldorado with worn shocks after hitting a bump where with  the Mouse & KB it dampens out quickly.

View Postdityboycom, on 30 September 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

I think you have an unrealistic understanding of mouse and keyboard vs joystick. I know a joystick user in WoWP because they're my hardest adversaries if they know what they're doing. If they're beginners then they're the easiest target, it's no different in that game.

Remember that it may be easier to jump in and kill something with a mouse and keyboard, but when a joystick user knows what they're doing, their aim is impeccable.

The learning curve for a JS over there is the same cliff that EVE is famous for.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

dityboycom #44 Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:55 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

Well the M&KB is actually correcting the excessive rudder with the carrot on the stick, I don't know too many M&KB users who have rudders bound to a key they use to aim though.

Definitely not in WoWP as bound keys to control surfaces mean fully engaged or fully disengaged so there is no fine tuning with them.

subwolve #45 Posted 30 September 2015 - 08:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 24 battles

I have noticed the few times I used the mouse that light fighters are really hard to hit the target if it evades, but using heavies and GA with a mouse seems a little easier or at least that has been my observation. Those two later aircraft are more about guessing where the target will be when I am within range. LF are more of a reaction based turn fight.

Do you have the O. Rift and if you do how much does it cost and is it worth it. It seems like a really cool idea. Anyhow cya in the sky.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users